Silhouettes

BTS Ghost Club

Everyone sat at the kitchen table as Jin was setting dishes of kimchi and rice down and handing out plates. Jin had cooked lunch instead of breakfast because all of the members had slept in until 12 in the afternoon. Each of the members filled their plates and began eating while carrying on the usual small talk. After everyone but Jin had finished eating, Namjoon started talking.

 

“So I was thinking since we have so much of the dance done, today we should split up into vocal and rap line to work in the recording studios.”

 

“Sounds good to me, there’s some things I need your opinion on in one of the lines I wrote.” Suga said, and the rest of the group agreed to work on recording. Jhope, Suga and Namjoon headed off first, leaving the vocal line in the kitchen.

 

“Suga only wants to work on recording because Hoseok’s in rap line too.” Jimin said, V agreed and laughed. That kid is so dumb...And not even funny! Jin thought to himself while placing his dishes into the sink. Oh well, at least I’m stuck with V.

 

Jungkook sat in his seat and watched the hyungs around him. V and Jimin were giggling over Jhope and Suga, and Jin was standing at the sink, staring at V. That’s weird. Jungkook thought. “Okay, to the studio!” V yelled, pulling Jungkook up out of his chair and dragging him and Jimin into the studio doors. “Jin, you coming?” V called over his shoulder.

 

“Yeah, right behind you.” Jin answered coldly. Jungkook took notice of the way Jin was glaring at Jimin whenever V put his arm around him. Wish I could hang out with Namjoon. “So what do we wanna work on first?” Jin offered.

 

“The third song.” Jimin said. Jin ignored him and picked the second song first. V gave a nervous smile to Jimin who looked a little offended. Jungkook sat on the floor and went through his twitter while waiting for his hyungs to finish recording their part of the song.

 

Jin walked out of the recording room and sat by V when Jimin got up to take his turn. Jungkook tried not to eavesdrop, but he was a little too close and a little too interested not to.

 

“Did you do it yet?” Jin asked V, leaning over, his back to the maknae. V moved over a little and cleared his throat.

 

“N-Not yet.” V answered quietly.

 

“When are you going to do it? Because I really wanted to take you out sometime.” Before V could say anything, Jimin exited the recording room and Jin moved so Jimin could seat next to his boyfriend. “You’re up Kookie.” Jin notified Jungkook who had gone back to pretending he was reading tweets.

 

“Oh, thanks.” Jungkook said, standing up and closing himself into the recording room. Once the door was sealed, he took out his phone and messaged Namjoon.

 

To: RM

Something’s up with vocal line today…

 

From: RM

Can’t sing or what? I could come over

 

To: RM

No...Something else, I’ll talk to u later

 

Jungkook didn’t know how to explain what was going on, it was just weird. Deciding not to waste anymore time, the maknae got to work.

 

--

 

Suga roped an arm around Jhope as he made a few changes to the lines Namjoon had just wrote last night. Jhope loved rapping, but lately it seemed that they were always writing instead of singing. “Namjoon, where do you get all the inspiration for writing all these lyrics all the time? You have a new freaking song every time we come in here to record.” Hoseok asked.

 

Suga laughed. “Isn’t obvious? From his girlfriend, duh.”

 

“Ohhhhh. Didn’t know he had one.” Jhope said with a wink. Namjoon rolled his eyes. Too bad all the members though he was straight. They’d never guess that his inspiration was coming from the boy that slept across the room from him. “Anyway, I need some help.” Jhope said, setting the pen in his hand down and leaning onto Suga.

 

“I was thinking we could add another verse to the second half and then-”

 

“Not with the lyrics.” Jhope interrupted. Suga and Namjoon stared at Hoseok. It was very rare for him to go off topic when they were all together in the recording room working on something. “I think V cheated on Jimin with Jin when we left those two together at the house.”

 

“Shut the up.” Suga said, mouth open. He could not believe his luck. That was finally going to get what he deserved. Suga didn’t hate V, but he wasn’t his favorite member. “How do you know?” Suga asked. Jhope told the other two members what he heard last night. Namjoon shook his head.

 

“Jungkook told me something weird was up with them today.” Namjoon said. Suga tried to hide his smile. If Jimin didn’t know yet, Suga sure as hell was going to let him know. “Anyways, Jungkook also still doesn’t remember what happened. I was thinking that if he went back to the house it’d come back to him.”

 

Forgetting all about the love triangle, Jhope shot out of seat. “That’s a terrible idea! Who knows what happened to him, maybe he saw the girl!”

 

Suga pushed Jhope and stood up as well. “Who cares about ghosts? Lets go talk to Jimin.”

 

“Why? Jimin already knows, Jhope said he told him last night.” Namjoon said. Jhope shook his head.

 

“That’s what I thought but then V started singing and he only does that when he thinks me and Jimin are out.” Jhope said to Namjoon while Suga started cleaning up the mess of lyrics that were spread out over the table. “I was thinking you guys could help me set Jin up with Jungkook.”

 

Namjoon choked on air. “What? Why?”

 

“Because if Jin has Jungkook, and Jimin can keep V, then everyone can be happy.” Jhope explained. Suga nodded. Made sense to him, even if he had really wanted to see Jimin’s face as he told him that his boyfriend cheated on him. Namjoon didn’t say anything and helped Suga collect their papers. I want Jungkook to myself. But Namjoon didn’t want to say it out loud. After all, everyone thought he was straight. “So will you help me?” Jhope asked, mainly looking at Namjoon.

 

“Sure, yeah.”

 

“Awesome! You room with Kookie, so I thought you could talk him into liking Jin easier than the rest of us could.” Jhope said, moving a stack of papers to the side so he could place another one beside it. Namjoon left the room first, heading back to the dorm.

 

--

 

Jin left the recording room before the others because one, he couldn’t stand watching V and Jimin all over each other and two, Jungkook was taking way longer than normal to record. Opening the door to the dorm, he noticed right away that someone was in there already. It was one of his many ‘mom’ powers.

 

“Jin?” Namjoon’s voice came from the kitchen. What’s he doing back without the others? Then again Namjoon was probably thinking the same thing about Jin.

 

“Hey Namjoon. Done recording?” He asked, taking the milk from the fridge and emptying the rest into a cup. Namjoon didn’t answer and Jin decided that he must not have heard him. “You okay?”

 

“Hyung, why did you leave so early?” Jungkook asked Jin as he entered the kitchen. Namjoon sighed. No, I’m not okay. You know why? Because Jhope’s expecting me to hand Jungkook off to your grubby cheating hands. But Namjoon knew he couldn’t say that. Especially since Jungkook was in the room now.

 

Jin finished his drink and shrugged. “You were taking a long time. Where’s 95’ line?” He asked as he threw away the now empty milk container. Namjoon locked eyes with Jungkook. They both had the same thought. He’s really set on being with V.

 

“They’re still recording. Came to find you.” Jungkook said taking a seat. Namjoon wanted to punch something. Why should I set them up? They’re doing a great job of that by themselves.

 

Just then V and Jimin made their way into the dorm, Suga and Jhope right behind them. “I like how it was your idea to record and you were the first one to leave.” Suga said as he and the others entered the kitchen.

 

“I thought we were done. Besides, I was busy with Jhope’s request.” Namjoon said, motioning towards Jin and Jungkook who were having a conversation about one of the songs. Jhope smiled and Suga just nodded.

 

V suddenly clapped his hands together in attempt to get everyone’s attention. After all the members were looking at him, he began talking. “Me and Jimin were going to head back to the house today. Any teams want to come?”

 

“What teams?” Jin asked, looking around the room. V sighed. Everyone had temporarily forgotten that Jin wasn’t originally in the club.

 

“You’re on team .” V decided randomly.

 

“Team WHAT?” Jin yelled. V pointed to Jhope and Suga. Jhope waved and Suga gave an apologetic smile.

 

“Sorry, Hobi picked the name.”

 

“Guys, back on topic,” V interrupted. “Who’s coming with?” He asked looking to everyone.

 

Suga raised his hand but Jin walked over and pushed it back down. “There is no way I’m going back to that house.”

 

“Why? Afraid you might kiss Tae again?” Suga snickered. Everyone fell silent. If someone had dropped a pin in that moment, it would have sounded like a gunshot; and that’s what it felt like for Jimin.

 

“W-What?” Jimin asked, looking at V. V opened his mouth to say something but once Jimin realised he had actually kissed Jin and it wasn’t some joke, he left the kitchen and ran to his room. V gave a quick ‘ you’ glance to Suga before he ran off to follow Jimin.

 

“What the Yoongi!” Jhope yelled. “We literally just talked about not saying anything to Jimin.” Suga, as well as the rest of the members that were in the kitchen, were stunned. Hoseok never yelled. Let alone at Suga. Jungkook’s eyes were so wide that Namjoon thought they were going to pop out and fall to the floor.

 

“Not my fault. Jimin has a right to know that his boyfriend cheated on him with Seokjin scum.” Suga said coldly, moving away from Jhope and walking towards the door. Jin’s mouth fell open. Him and Suga were pretty close, and they definitely didn’t have fights very often. Jungkook wanted to close his eyes and pretend everything that had happened in the last 20 minutes was just a dream. But he knew better. Him and Namjoon exchanged a glance and both decided they needed to cool everyone down.

 

Before either of them could step in, V returned to the kitchen. “He locked the door. I’m going to the house.” V said, unaware of the current fight going on.

 

“Me too.” Jhope said. Suga wanted to ask him if he was sure, he knew Hoseok didn’t like creepy things; but then he remembered that Jhope was pissed off at him.

 

“I’m going too.” Suga added, he didn’t want to leave Jhope alone, even if he was mad at him. Jungkook wondered what he should do. It was becoming obvious that Namjoon wasn’t going and he knew Jin wasn’t either.

 

“Me too.” Jungkook decided. He looked to Namjoon but he was staring at Jin who was crying. No one had noticed yet since they were just tears and no noise.

 

“I’m staying so that Jin and Jimin aren’t alone. Will you be okay going?” Namjoon quietly asked Jungkook as everyone else headed out the door. Jungkook nodded and left with the rest of them.

 

Jungkook was relieved to see Jhope and Suga making up as they rode the bus to the cafe and started their walk to the house. V was deep in thought as they all made their way to the porch. He was debating on whether or not to tell the others about what Jin had said about the girl ‘not being human’. In the end he kept it to himself, but he still wanted to warn everyone.

 

Stopping in front of the door, V made sure to make eye contact with everyone before speaking. “When me and Jin were here, we ran into someone.  We left before talking to them. Just be careful, okay?” Everyone nodded. Jungkook was last inside, and as the door closed behind him a cold breeze blew onto him and made him shiver. Someone was here? Jungkook wanted to ask who it was, but something kept him from opening his mouth.

 

“So what are we doing now?” Suga asked. Even he sounded a little less confident than usual. V thought for a moment. The real reason he wanted to come back was to see if that thing was around, but he couldn’t risk scaring the members away by bringing that up again.

 

“More clues. We all left pretty early last time we were here.” He lied. Suga nodded and him and Jhope walked further in, looking around. Jungkook found himself looking around as well. Even though this wasn’t the first time seeing the place, it really was a beautiful house. “Jungkook, you can come with me to look upstairs since our teams aren’t here.”

 

Jungkook nodded and they made their way upstairs after making sure Suga and Jhope were fine with looking around downstairs. Jungkook started feeling the dread that he had thought he’d finally gotten rid of as they moved into the first room. V walked in first, checking the room out quickly and then watched Jungkook who was visibly shaking. “Are you okay?” But Jungkook wasn’t listening. He looked around the room. It couldn’t be. He could have sworn that the first time he and Namjoon looked in the first room, there were no windows. He was positive. But he wanted to make sure. Ignoring V, Jungkook pulled out his phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hyung, was there a window in the first room we looked at?” The maknae asked Namjoon over the phone as he maintained eye contact with the window that was against the wall, opposite to where he was standing by the door. “Hyung?” Jungkook asked after there was no answer. Silence. After another short moment of waiting for an answer and not getting one, Jungkook hung up.

 

“Who did you call? Namjoon?” V asked. Jungkook nodded.

 

“We got cut off though.” Jungkook said as he shoved his phone back into his pocket. Just then a crack of thunder mixed with a flash of lightning sent Jhope screaming. “Should we check that out?” Jungkook asked. V shook his head no and they began to move onto the second room.

 

Stepping out into the hall, V stopped dead in his tracks and Jungkook had to push him through the doorway to get out. “Hyung what are you doing-” Jungkook’s words trailed off and he too became frozen in place. Walking in front of them was a girl, and Jungkook instantly recognized her. It all came back at once. Namjoon leaving, the window appearing out of thin air, the girl jumping out of the window in Jungkook’s dream. “T-Tae.” Jungkook stuttered. They both stood and watched as the girl walked towards the second door and walked in, closing it behind her. “You saw that, right?” Jungkook asked once they heard the door click shut.

 

“Yeah...Let’s get Suga and Jhope.” And with no hesitation both the boys ran down the stairs.

 

“AH!” Suga screamed. V and Jungkook had run right into them as all four turned a corner. “What the , you scared the out of me.” He said clearing his throat and glaring at Jhope who was on the floor laughing.

 

“Hoseok get up, me and Jungkook just saw the girl!” V practically yelled. Suga stopped glaring and Jhope got up.

 

“Are you serious?” Suga asked. Jungkook nodded and Suga had no choice but to believe them. “Where at?”

 

“She’s upstairs in the second bedroom.” V informed. Suga and Jhope looked to each other and then to Jungkook.

 

“Isn’t that where you passed out?” Jhope asked softly. Jungkook could only manage to nod. V grabbed them and started ushering them towards the stairs.

 

“If we wanna try to talk to her, we need to hurry before she disappears!” V said. Jungkook was thankful when Suga started pulling him along, he wasn’t sure he would have been able to make his legs move on his own. Once upstairs, V stopped them outside the door. “Now listen carefully. Jungkook, don’t say a word to her. She has you scared and talking to something like this while you’re scared can have bad side effects. Jhope, are you scared?”

 

“We’re all scared you idiot!” Suga shouted. Another crack of thunder made everyone jump, proving Suga’s point. “How about you do the talking?” Suga suggested. V agreed and he took a deep breath before turning the knob.

 

Everyone let out a huge sigh of relief when the opened door revealed an empty room.

 

“Holy that is the last time I am coming here.” Suga said looking around the room quickly. Jhope laughed because of the pointless suspense that had been built up.

 

“Are you sure you saw her come in here?” Jhope asked. V nodded and was still looking around the room. It didn’t make sense. Why would she make them see her and then disappear?

 

“I think she’s telling us to look here.” V said after a moment of thinking. Jungkook thought that made sense, so him, Jhope and Suga began searching. V looked through a closet with Suga, Jhope was going through a desk, and Jungkook was opening books and scanning through them to see what they were about. All most all of the books looked the same. They all had numbers 1-5 on their spine and they all were a dull green color and slightly covered in dust. All of them except for one. Jungkook really didn’t want to open the blood red book that was set just a little further away than the other ones. He really didn’t want to know what the book was about. And he really didn’t want to feel the slight chill that came over him as he grabbed the book.

 

A piece of paper was stuck in the middle, so Jungkook pulled it out to get a look at it’s contents.

 

Yoona, please keep this book safe. Tell Sooyoung I loved her.”

 

Jungkook reread the paper. Who are these people? He thought to himself. “Hey Tae? What’s the name of that lady we met at the cafe?”

 

V walked over to where Jungkook was standing. “Yoona, why, find something?” V asked, and the rest of the members gathered to where V and the maknae stood. Jungkook handed the paper to V who read it aloud and then motioned towards the book in Jungkook’s hand. “What’s the book about?”

 

“I don’t know, I didn’t really open it yet.” Jungkook said, handing it over to V. Yeah, get that as far away from me as possible. Jungkook thought as V happily took it from him.

 

“You should look at it tonight, but we should go now.” Jhope said. Suga nodded in agreement.

 

“Hobi’s right. We’ve been here for a few hours.” Jungkook added in hopes of leaving soon. As much as he wanted to gather enough clues to help that woman- Yoona, he still wanted to get out of there and go home.

 

V also nodded and they all headed down stairs after making sure they had turned off all the lights they had switched on.

 

Rain poured down on the group of four as the began their walk back to the bus stop near the cafe. Jungkook shuddered in the cold as the other three walked a bit ahead of him. He didn’t know why, but he decided to look back at the house as they continued walking. After he did so, he wished he wouldn’t have. Looking up at the second story windows, Jungkook noticed one of the lights were on and a silhouette of someone was in the middle window. Just as Jungkook was about to notify one of the other members, the light flickered off and the silhouette disappeared.