Windows

BTS Ghost Club

Jin stared at the ceiling as he lay in bed. It was early morning, he was the only one up, or so he thought. From outside of his door he could hear someone in the fridge. Oh hell no, I buy those groceries, no one should be eating without me. Jin got out of bed and quietly opened his door, peeking out to see who it was. He walked into the kitchen keeping his eyes on Jimin who was rooting through the freezer. Perfect timing, I need to give him hell for yesterday…

 

“Hey, you there.”

 

“AH! H-Hyung, you scared me-”

 

“Shut up. How could you hurt poor kookie like that, huh?” Jin asked leaning on the counter, hand on heart like it physically hurt him. Jimin shut the freezer door and picked at his shirt.

 

“Hurt him? I didn’t hurt him.” Jimin stated, waiting for Jin to explain. Jin sighed.

 

“Jiminnie...Oh Jiminnie...Our kookie was in love with you! And then you took him on a date with you and Taehyung?! Heartless…” Jimin stepped back at Jin’s words. Jungkook likes me?! But the conversation was forgotten as V walked in the room, shamelessly in nothing but boxers. V wrapped his arms around Jimin and yawned.

 

“What are you two talking about?”

 

“!” Jimin yelled. Jin gave him the ‘what the ?’ look, and Jimin shrugged and mouthed, ‘I panicked’. V looked from his boyfriend to Jin and let Jimin go from his embrace.

 

“Oooookay then…” V trailed off as Suga entered the kitchen.

 

“What about ?”

 

“Nothing-” Jin started to explain as Namjoon walked in as well, a sleepy Jungkook following behind.

 

“Speaking of , where’s Hobi?” Suga asked disappearing into the younger's room. Namjoon watched him leave and gave Jin a look.

 

“They had ?” He asked sitting at the table.

 

“Who was having ?” A tired Jungkook asked, rubbing his eyes, slightly confused at all the talk about this early in the day. The room buzzed with everyone asking who was having with who when Jin had had enough.

 

“NO ONE IS HAVING , JUST SHUT UP.”

 

“Uh, not true,” Namjoon stated. “There were a lot of sounds coming from the bathroom last night that says otherwise.” Jin sighed.

 

“Oops, my bad!” Jhope said joining everyone else with Suga in the kitchen.

 

“Omg.” Jungkook rolled his eyes.

 

“So Jin didn’t have ?” V asked Suga.

 

“OKAY, I’M GONNA COOK. GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN, ALL OF YOU DISGUSTING PEOPLE, GO.”

 

Everyone groaned as the mom side of Jin took over and they were all pushed into the living room. Jungkook sighed and left, going back to the bedroom to catch a few more minutes of sleep. V and Jimin laid on the couch watching TV while Namjoon disappeared to the bathroom. Suga turned to Jhope and pulled him into his and Jin’s room.

 

“Why would you say that?! In front of everybody?!” Suga asked between clenched teeth. Jhope laughed. Then he remembered he needed to talk about last night.

 

“Suga, something weird happened last night…” Jhope started. He then explained V’s and Jimin’s odd behavior and what he had heard. “Do you know about this club?” Suga shook his head.

 

“No. Sounds stupid as though. But I am curious as to why they’re hiding it from us...I have an idea.” Suga said. “When we’re practicing I should bring it up, in front of everyone.”

 

“Won’t V get mad at you?” Jhope asked. Suga shrugged.

 

“That’s what he gets for being so loud all the time.” Suga said, satisfied with his plan. After telling Jhope what to do, they both left for breakfast as Jin called everyone back to the kitchen.

 

“Looks good hyung!” Jungkook said brightly, definitely more awake this time. Jin smiled and sat next to V and Jimin. Jimin glared and stuffed his mouth with the soup in front of him. It was no secret that Jin had a crush on V, which was why Jin was so content on getting Jungkook and him together; to make sure he could have V to himself. As everyone ate and listened intently to Jhope who was telling of the crazy dream he had last night, Jin started collecting dishes as people finished.

 

“That was good hyung, thank you.” Namjoon praised as he stood up. “Let’s get to practice right away.” Everyone stood up and all filed out of the kitchen, except for Jin. “You coming?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Yeah, let me put these dishes in the sink and I’ll head down after I fill all the water bottles.” Jin said, not looking up from the dishes. Namjoon nodded, thanked Jin, and then ran out the door to catch up with the others. Everyone began stretching as V and Namjoon picked through the songs to practice for the day. Just as everyone was finishing their exercises, Suga nudged Jhope who then cleared his throat.

 

“So I hear you and Jimin have a club.” Jhope said loud enough to make sure everyone in the practice room had heard him. Jimin looked to V who was staring at Jungkook who was staring at Namjoon. Namjoon shook his head. Then when V didn’t say anything, Suga spoke, not looking up from his stretches.

 

“What kind of club? Sounds interesting.”

 

“Who told you about it?” V asked, finally speaking.

 

“A birdy.”

 

“Jungkook? Jimin? They were the only one’s I told.” V asked looking at the maknae. Guess I should just tell him.

 

“I told Namjoon, but not Suga.” Jungkook confessed, looking to V. V scoffed.

 

“Then who told you Suga?”

 

“Hobi.” Suga said cooly. “But don’t ask who told him, you already know.” V looked at Suga and then to Jhope who were both sitting on the floor looking up at him.

 

“Jimin?”

 

“It wasn’t me!” Jimin defended himself. “Jhope hyung probably heard us talking last night.”

 

“Bingo!” Suga said, laughing at V’s obvious anger.

 

“You said he was sleeping!” V hissed at Jimin who stepped back. “How much do you know?”

 

“You have a club. That’s all I heard. Seems Jungkook might know more than us though. Care to kiss and tell kookie?” Suga asked turning his attention to Jungkook who was hiding behind Namjoon’s taller frame.

 

“Okay, that’s enough. I don’t like secrets in the dorm. We need to talk about this right now.” Namjoon said, Jungkook vowed to thank him later for interrupting. Suddenly V took on a new outlook on the situation.

 

“You know what? Why don’t you all join!” V said, suddenly extremely mad for not thinking of telling everyone about it sooner. Suga snorted.

 

“What kind of lame club do you have?” He asked, earning a glare from V.

 

“See? This is why I didn’t want everyone to know about it.” V said. Jimin comforted him. “It’s a ghost club. And it’s not lame.”

 

Suga and Jhope listened as V told them both about the club and the details of the case they had picked up last night. “Ah, that sounds too scary for me…” Jhope muttered, suddenly looking very uncomfortable. Suga stepped in.

 

“Jungkook, Namjoon,” Suga decided to see if this was actually something serious, so he was going to ignore the ‘95 line and talk to the reliable members. “You don’t really believe this, right?” Jungkook looked to see what Namjoon would say. He wanted to say it was all stupid and made up, but then the sad look on the woman from yesterday flashed to his mind, making him shudder in the usually warm room.

 

“I for one do not. However, I think if V is helping people, then it’s not a bad idea.” Suga rolled his eyes. But he had to admit the idea of seeing something like that made him a bit curious.

 

“Well...I guess if even Namjoon thinks it’s okay…” Suga said. V smiled.

 

“So, are we all joining then?” He asked looking to everyone. Everyone gave a nod, except for Jhope, but he ended up saying he would tag along with them anyways. “Awesome! We can check out the house tonight then. I was going to wait longer, but now we have more people so I can set up our jobs easily.”

 

“Jobs?” Jungkook asked. V nodded.

 

“I want you and Namjoon on a team as cluefinders. Suga and Jhope, you two can be lookers. Me and Jimin are the investigators.” V explained. Jungkook just stared. “Sorry, let me clarify,” And as V explained that team kookie were to look around the house for ‘clues’, and team (Jhope suggested the name and Suga finally agreed) were to just walk around and report anything they saw. He then said him and Jimin (team 95, of course) would ask the woman questions outside the house while the other two teams did their jobs. “Everyone got it?” V asked.

 

“Yeah but what about Jin?” Namjoon asked just as the studio’s door opened and in walked Jin holding seven iced water bottles.

 

“Hey! Sorry it took so long, but uhm,” Jin looked at all the members who were lying or sitting down. “Why are you all not dancing?” Everyone silently looked around the room at each other and decided to not explain anything to the elder. “What?” Jin asked after no one spoke.

 

“N-Nothing. We were waiting for you hyung!” Suga spoke up. Everyone quickly nodded. Jin smiled. And on that note Jimin switched on the music and they all practiced until 7p.m. Jhope slipped and then everyone decided that was enough for the day.

 

“My legs are jello.” Namjoon said sitting against the wall. Jungkook laughed and shook one of his legs. Namjoon gave a weak smile but then laughed. Jungkook smiled and sat back against the wall next to his hyung. The two boys looked around the room. Jin sat with Jhope as they talked about how to do a certain step in one of the songs while V, Jimin, and Suga were arguing over who had to refill the water bottles tomorrow since Jin did it today. Jungkook closed his eyes and unintentionally let his head fall onto Namjoon’s shoulder. The older turned to look at the maknae. “You look pretty like this…” Jungkook lifted his head.

 

“What did you just say?” He asked Namjoon who could’ve sworn he hadn't said that out loud. Luckily V interrupted their conversation.

 

“Hey Jin, I was thinking since you do so much for all of us, we should do the grocery shopping tonight so you don’t have to.” Jin looked amused.

 

“You? Shopping?” Jin burst out laughing. “You’re kidding me, right?” V sighed.

 

“Please hyung?” V asked giving Jin a pout. Okay so maybe V was using the fact that Jin had a thing for him to his advantage, but to be fair he was planning on buying the groceries. Jin seemed to give in and nodded.

 

“Okay, but please don’t buy any candy. Use my credit card, I’ll go get it from the dorm.” Jin said as he stood up, Jhope going with him to fill up the water bottles. As soon as they both left, V spoke.

 

“Me and Jimin have our excuse, find your own and meet us at the cafe we went to yesterday. Jungkook knows where it’s at.” Everyone nodded and they walked back to the dorm. “Okay, thanks Jin, come on Jimin!” And off went the ‘95 line. Namjoon snapped his fingers and walked over to Jin.

 

“Now that I think of it me and Jhope have an interview again tonight. We might be back late.” Jin nodded and waved as the two left him standing in the room with Jungkook and Suga. He eyed them back and forth before speaking.

 

“Let me guess. You two leaving as well?” Jin asked. Jungkook looked to Suga. He’s like an actual mom...like he knows everything… Jungkook thought to himself. “It’s okay, I’m not going to ask. Besides, I’d love to have the dorm to myself for once.” Jin said laying onto the couch and switching the TV to a cooking program. “Just be safe, whatever you’re doing. Oh, and Jungkook?”

 

“Yes hyung?”

 

“I talked with Jimin for you, you’re welcome.” Jin said not looking away from the screen. Jungkook was screaming internally. What the hell is with this hyung? It’s not like that… Jungkook thought, but Suga was giving him questionable looks so he decided now was a good time to get going.

 

“T-Thanks hyung, goodbye.” And Jungkook followed Suga out the door and to the bus stop.

 

“Are you and Jimin…?” Suga asked as they walked over to Namjoon and Jhope. Jungkook sighed.

 

“Nothing, forget it.” He said as the four boarded the bus. Suga dropped the conversation and settled for holding Hoseok’s hand while they all waited for Jungkook to let them know when their stop was. After Jungkook signaled the stop had come, they all exited and met V and Jimin outside the cafe.

 

“Okay, so we just talked to the girl from yesterday. We have the key to the house and the address but she said she really can’t go back to the house yet.” V explained. “The house is a few blocks from here.” They all walked in silence the whole way there. Jungkook gazed up at the huge mansion like house they stopped at.

 

“Are you sure this is the place?” Hoseok asked. Everyone stared at the building. V double checked the address and the name of the street they were on. Jungkook felt his stomach turn as V confirmed they were at the right house. Namjoon was first to try to lighten the eerie mood that had settled around the group.

 

“Well, let’s get going!” Namjoon said, linking arms with Jungkook. Suga sighed and did the same with Hoseok. “Oh, maybe since the place is bigger than expected, you and Jimin should come in too.” Namjoon said, looking at V who was preoccupied by the light rain that was starting to come down. V nodded.

 

“I was planning to anyways, this place looks like something out of a dream.” V said.

 

Suga scoffed. “More like nightmare.” He said moving out of the rain and into the front porch. V unlocked the door and it creaked open. Hoseok nervously laughed as they all stepped into the house. “Whoah!” Jimin and Suga both said as they looked around. Even in the dark you could tell how spacious and large the rooms were. Jungkook even found himself gazing at all the paintings and chandeliers that were hung here and there.

 

“Okay, I will admit this place is ing beautiful, but we have to get to work. Me and Jimin will look around the down stairs to the left, team uhhh, , you guys take the rooms on the right,” Suga mumbled something about changing the team name as they walked off before V continued. “Team JM take the upstairs. Whenever we finish our rooms we’ll come up and help you guys.” After nodding, Jimin and V walked off to the first room on the left, disappearing from sight.

 

“Let's get going.” Namjoon said walking up the stairs. Jungkook nodded and walked behind Namjoon the whole way. “So we just look around?” Namjoon asked opening the first door. Jungkook walked in behind him and looked around. There was a queen sized bed with books laying on it in the center of the room. Beside the bed was a dresser and among the scattered clothes about the room there was a desk covered in papers. Walking over Jungkook shifted through them, but they looked to just be school things. “I don’t think this is the bedroom that the woman saw that girl in.” Namjoon said. Jungkook agreed. There wasn’t a window.

 

“Let’s try the next one then.” Jungkook said, feeling a little braver now that they had successfully finished the first room. As Namjoon opened the second door, they both heard Jimin.

 

“Namjoon! Namjoon?!”

 

“WHAT?!” He called down the stairs.

 

“Come down here, you need to see this!” Jimin called back. Namjoon sighed and let go of the door handle.

 

“Go ahead and check out the room, I’ll be right back.” Namjoon said walking down the stairs, muttering something about stupid kids. Jungkook gulped. He wasn’t feeling as brave as before as he walked into the second room and switched on the lights.

 

“Ahhhh…” Jungkook couldn’t help but stare at the bookshelf that lined an entire wall. That woman must be rich. Jungkook thought as he looked around. Then he shook away the distractions. He was here for a reason. But Jungkook sighed with relief when he realised that just like the first, this room had no windows. Then his relief turned into fear as he heard the door creak behind him. Turning around slowly, Jungkook almost cried tears of joy when he saw it was only Namjoon. “Hyung! You scared me…” Jungkook groaned, fake hitting Namjoon as he sat down on the end of the bed.

 

“Think this might be the room?” Namjoon asked, ignoring the maknae. Jungkook laughed.

 

“Of course not, no windows again hyung. Isn’t it strange?” Jungkook asked, ready to leave and head to the next room.

 

“What do you mean?” Namjoon asked, suddenly looking worried. Jungkook shrugged.

 

“I dunno, just seems weird that there’s no windows, I mean-”

 

“No, what do you mean there aren’t any windows in here?” Namjoon interrupted. Jungkook turned to face Namjoon again.

 

“It means there’s no windo-” But suddenly Jungkook saw why Namjoon was so worried. A huge window was against the wall opposite to the bed, right where the bookshelf had been. The dark feeling of dread that had gone away yesterday came back as Jungkook just stared at the window that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. “I-It wasn’t t-there when I-I l-looked…” Jungkook trailed off as he felt his knees give out. Namjoon rushed over to Jungkook, catching him just before he hit the floor.

 

“Jungkook? Jungkook?” Namjoon asked as he watched the maknae’s eyes slowly close.