Yum, Cake

BTS Ghost Club

Suga opened his eyes slowly, but surely he was still dreaming, why else would Jin be in his bed? Jin laid beside Suga, or rather on top of him as Suga slowly came to. After confirming this was not some sick twisted dream, but rather a worse reality, Suga shook Jin as hard a he humanly could.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BED?” Jin screamed into Suga’s face as he was rudely awaken by the younger.

 

“Me? You’re in my bed!” Suga yelled back. Jin shoved Suga off the bed and covered his chest as if he were just caught . Rubbing his backside Suga stood up and looked around the room. It really was Jin’s bed. “Why the hell was I in your bed?” Suga asked.

 

Jin, still clutching his chest for dear life, responded. “Hey, that’s my line!”

 

“Do I sleep walk now?” Suga mumbled to himself.

 

“ert…” Jin said quietly, getting out of bed and leaving to the kitchen. First Namjoon with my picture, now Yoongi sneaking into my bed with me...I must be getting better looking by the day! Who could blame them?

 

Jin was greeted by a tall black figure as he walked into the room. Caught off guard, he stumbled backwards and fell onto the floor, bringing down a near by flower pot in his fall.

 

“Hyung!” The hooded black figure yelled, which Jin found to be Jimin as he let the blanket fall to the floor in order to offer a hand. “Are you okay?” He asked, voice very apologetic. Jin let the younger help him up and they both backed away from the shattered glass.

 

“Jiminie, why are you wearing a black blanket like that? You look like a demon.” Jin said, grabbing the broom from the near by closet.

 

“Jhope hyung said I look like a ghost, so did Kookie,” Jimin said, grabbing the blanket and putting it back on. “Besides, I’m cold. Is it really that scary?”

 

Sweeping up the pieces of flower pot, in walked Jhope who glared at Jimin as he walked around the busy Jin. “Not this time, you can scare me once with that, but not twice.” He said, shaking a finger at Jimin as he made his way to the table. “What’d Namjoon break this time?” Jhope asked, watching Jin throw away the remains.

 

“What’d I break?” Namjoon questioned as he made his way in the room, Jungkook and V right behind him.

 

“I didn’t break it, the black demon did.” Jin said. Everyone looked to Jimin who in turn covered his face with the blanket.

 

“Ah, he got you too?” Jungkook asked, taking a seat next to Hoseok rather than Jimin. Jin nodded and sat down as well.

 

“You’re not gonna cook?” V asked.

 

“I don’t feel well.” Jin replied. “In fact, I’m taking the day off. I’m going back to bed.”

 

“Why’d you come out if you don’t feel well then?” V asked, everyone else felt the tension between the two. Sure Jin and Jimin had made up, but Jin hadn’t spoken to V since the fight they all had.

 

“That’s my fault,” Suga said, joining everyone else in the kitchen. “I apparently sleep walk and I woke him up. My bad.”

 

Everyone stared at Suga like he’d just told them all he was quitting BTS and moving to Fiji Island. Suga? Apologizing?

 

“Y-Yoongi, are you not feeling well either?” Jimin asked.

 

Suga rolled his eyes. “Anyways, what was with all the screaming last night Kook? I swear I heard you yelling. Don’t tell me...You and Namjoon…?”

 

“What?” Namjoon asked, confused since he didn’t remember hearing anything last night.

 

“Ah that.” Jungkook nervously looked down. Should he tell them about the dream? Maybe I should just tell Namjoon…

 

Suga changed the topic since Jungkook wasn’t answering, and mostly because he had more important things to ask. “V? Did you look over the book last night?” Suga asked, taking a seat as Jin left to his room.

 

“About that. Turns out it’s more of a box than a book.” Answered V. Jimin choked on the orange juice he had been drinking, and Jungkook couldn’t help it when he yelled out ‘what?’.

“What’s with you two?” Taehyung asked, looking back and forth between the two.

 

Might as well tell them. Jungkook thought to himself as he cleared his throat. It took about 15 minutes, but Jungkook explained the dream he had, how Jimin had had the same one, and also about the first time he’d seen the ghost girl.

 

“You mean...You saw her, like, in a dream and then met her?” Suga asked, eyes squinted. “Is that even possible?”

 

Jhope and Namjoon were still too shocked to say anything, but finally Jhope spoke up.

“So what was in the box?” He asked V.

 

“I don’t know. There’s a lock on it.” V answered, turning to Jungkook. “But I’m thinking the numbers Kookie heard in his dream might be what’ll unlock it.”

 

Suga clapped his hands. “Great, go get it, I honestly can’t wait to see what’s in there so we can wrap this up and stop all this ghost crap.” V nodded and disappeared to retrieve the box. Jimin felt nauseous. Thinking back to last night, the opened window, the shadow behind Jungkook. Something didn’t feel right, he had to make sure they didn’t open the box.

 

V returned and sat the box onto the table, the fake book exterior already removed. Jungkook gasped. It really looked exactly the same as it had in his dream.

 

“Okay, what were the numbers?” V asked Jungkook.

 

“Wait!” Jimin yelled. Everyone peeled their eyes off the box and stared at Jimin. “S-Shouldn’t we open it with Yoona?” He asked.

 

Namjoon decided he was right. “Jimin has a point. After all, didn’t Jungkook say she was in the dream too?” He asked, looking to the maknae who nodded. V and Suga sighed at the same time.

 

“Right then,” V said standing up. “Lets meet her now. I’ll call and tell her to meet us right away.” And with that V handed the box to Jungkook, took out his cell, and walked into his room as he dialed Yoona’s number. Jimin breathed out. Thank god he’d thought of something. Who knows what’s in there? He thought as he stood up and excused himself to the restroom.

 

Jungkook held the box, but for some reason he felt sick. What was in here, why did he feel like he was going to pass out? He wanted to drop the box but it felt glued to his hands.

 

“N-Namjoon, will you hold this for V?” Jungkook asked Namjoon, voice choked. Namjoon didn’t notice the way Jungkook shoved the box away, or the way Jungkook ran out of the room and over to the bathroom.

 

“Busy!” Jimin yelled from inside the bathroom. Jungkook knocked again and Jimin opened the door. Not waiting for Jimin to leave, Jungkook pushed past him and threw open the toilet lid. He heaved but he didn’t throw up. Jimin stood in the doorway. “A-Are you okay? Are you and Jin both sick?” He asked, walking over and helping Jungkook up.

 

Jungkook didn’t know what to say so he nodded. Of course I’m sick. It’s not like that box did this. Jungkook was telling himself. But that’s not what he thought at all. He knew it was the box. He wanted to know what it was that was inside of it. But as Jimin guided him to the couch in the living room, Jungkook laid down and decided that maybe he’d stay home and get the details from Namjoon when they came back.

 

V walked into the kitchen and Jimin and Jungkook listened from the couch.

“We can meet her now, you all ready? We can grab breakfast on the way.” Jungkook went to speak but Jimin did it for him.

 

“Jungkook’s not feeling well, I think he’s sick too.” Jimin told the others. Namjoon started to walk over but Jungkook saw the box in his hands and had to think quick.

 

“Wait! Don’t come close!” Jungkook yelled, pushing Jimin away as he did. “I don’t want anyone to catch it.” Jungkook explained. Namjoon and Jimin walked back to the kitchen.

 

Namjoon really didn’t want to leave Jungkook sick at home without caring for him, and he really didn’t want him and Jin to be home alone together. But knowing he couldn’t really do anything without seeming weird, he watched Jungkook lay on the couch with his eyes closed while everyone got ready to leave. And as he shut the door behind him after everyone had gone outside, Namjoon wanted to run over and tell him he’d be back soon. Instead, he settled for a text.

 

TO: Kookie

MSG: get well soon~

 

Watching Jungkook read it and smile from the doorway was enough for Namjoon.

 

--

 

The five boys arrived at the cafe and V introduced Yoona to the people she hadn’t met the last time. “Where’s that one boy?” Yoona asked V after they all got their drinks.

 

“Jungkook? Him and one other member are out sick.” V informs her. She nods and Jimin swears she slightly smiled.

 

“So I hear you have something you found?” Yoona asks.

 

Namjoon set the box on the table and Yoona’s eyes grow wide. “What’s this?” She asks.

 

“You mean, you’ve never seen this before?” V asks. Considering it was found in her house, everyone thought it was weird that she was saying she’s never seen it before. But she nodded and calmly took a sip of tea. “Well, I guess we mainly wanted to meet you to get permission to open it.” V said. Jimin once again swears he sees her smile.

 

“Go ahead. But don’t do it here. Do it somewhere else.” Yoona says. V wants to pull out the note but he senses that the woman might have a negative response. He settles for asking questions instead.

 

“Who’s Sooyoung?”

Yoona almost spits out her tea. “S-Sooyoung? What about her? Why? How do you know that name?”

 

V sighs. Turns out he has to show her the note anyways. Yoona takes the note from V’s hand and reads it with tears in her eyes. V lets her take a moment to collect herself before asking anything else.

 

“Is she close to you?” V asks. Yoona shakes her head.

 

“She was close to me.” Yoona says. “She died last year.” V and the others slowly start to put the pieces together.

 

“Do you think, maybe, the person you saw outside you window might be ... her?” V asks. He doesn’t want to upset Yoona, but if he wants to solve this, he has to ask questions.

 

Yoona thinks for a moment. “Why would she look like that? And why would she be hanging around my house? I hired you take care of this, not ask me to do it myself. Call me if you have further questions.” And with that, she stood up and walked out of the cafe.

 

“Now I know why Jungkook and Jin stayed home.” Suga scoffed. “She’s a total .”

 

Jhope nodded and Jimin didn’t know what it was, but he was sure that woman was keeping something from them. V also felt that way, but neither of them said anything. “Now what?” Namjoon asked V. “I mean, we still haven’t opened the box.” Namjoon said, pushing the box towards V. V looked down at it and Jimin sighs with relief at his boyfriend's words.

 

“Lets not open it. Not until we have more information. I’m taking Jimin with me to the library for some research.” V said as he stood up. “You guys can go home.” And then him and Jimin have left.

 

“Well it looks like it just me and you.” Jhope says to Suga cutely. Namjoon groans with disgust.

 

“I’m right here!” Geez...

 

--

 

Jungkook laid on the couch where Jimin left him, his eyes closed shut tight. He was thinking about Namjoon’s text when he heard the front door open. Checking his phone for the time he noticed it was almost dark and that he must have fallen asleep at some point because he could have sworn he’d only shut his eyes a few minutes ago.

 

He groggily got up to see which of the members had come home first.

It was Jimin. Wearing that stupid black blanket over his head again.

“Jimin, you’ve got to stop wearing that around the house. You’re gonna give someone a heart attack.” Jungkook told the hooded black figure that stood in front of the door. Jimin didn’t answer and the closer Jungkook looked the more he started to think that it wasn’t Jimin. But who else would it be? Jungkook took a step closer and called out to it. “J-Jimin?”

 

The black figure moved towards Jungkook and then the black blanket fell to the ground.

But no one was under it.

 

Just then the front door opened and in walked Namjoon. He watched as Jungkook slowly fell to the floor and pointed at the black cover laying a few feet away.

“Did Jimin leave that there? That kid is so irresponsible-”

 

“Hyung.” Jungkook interrupted. Namjoon stopped what he was saying and walked over to Jungkook.

 

“What’s wrong?” Namjoon asked, getting down on the floor with Jungkook. The maknae was sure he’d lost his mind. How was he going to tell Namjoon what just happened without him thinking he was totally insane?

 

“N-Nothing,” Jungkook lied. “Where’s Jimin- and everyone else?” Jungkook quickly added the last part so that it didn’t seem like he wanted to know where only Jimin was. Namjoon got up and pulled Jungkook up with him, both of them taking a seat on the couch that Jungkook had previously been sleeping on.

 

“Suga and Jhope are at the cafe, probably still making out, and the other two went to the library to look up some stuff.” Namjoon explained as he set a small box, which Jungkook had only just noticed, on the table in front of them.

 

“Oh.” Jungkook sighed. That meant he was definitely crazy. Because if that hadn’t been Jimin, then it had to have been all in his head. Right?

“What’s that?” Jungkook asked, motioning towards the box.

 

Namjoon opened it, revealing a small, bright blue frosted cake.

“Cake!” Namjoon said happily. “You want some? I picked it up from the cafe.” He asked Jungkook who nodded. Cake sounded good after the day he was having. Namjoon got up and came back with two plates and two forks. “It’s a get well cake.” Namjoon said, cutting two slices and putting one on each of their plates.

 

“Then shouldn’t I have some too?” Jin asked, suddenly appearing behind the other two. Namjoon dropped his fork out of surprise and Jungkook choked on a piece of cake.

 

“You people have got to stop scaring me like this!” Jungkook yelled. Namjoon handed the plate to Jin and got up to replace the now dirty fork.

 

“Of course, I was just about to bring this to you.” Namjoon said.

 

“Mhmm, sure.”

 

“What?”
 

“I said it looks good. Where’s everyone else?” Jin asked as he sat next to Jungkook. While the maknae and eldest ate, Namjoon relayed the information that he just told to Jungkook. “I see. So what was in the box?” Jin asked once Namjoon was done talking.

 

Namjoon shrugged and glared at Jin as he took another piece of cake. That was supposed to be for Jungkook you . But instead of saying that, Namjoon told them both about what Yoona had said, how she ‘didn’t know’ about the box and also about the negative reaction she had when V had brought up Sooyoung’s name.

 

“So no one opened it?” Jin asked.

 

“Nope. V said we needed to wait.”

 

“For what?”

 

Namjoon shrugged again. “Who knows. It’s V.”

 

Jungkook took his plate to the sink and excused himself to his bed room.

Yoona didn’t know about the box? Why didn’t they open it? But those questions seemed unimportant to the one Jungkook was asking himself now. Why was Jimin’s black blanket now in Jungkook's room?

 

--

 

V walked back over to the table where Jimin was sitting, typing away on a computer.

“Did you find anything yet?” V asked him. Jimin shook his head and V sighed. They had been at the library for hours trying to find information on someone who lived at the house address that went by the name of Sooyoung. So far they hadn’t had any luck. “Try searching for Im Yoona. Add that house address too.” V told Jimin.

 

It only took a second for Jimin to get a dozen results, but one in particular article stuck out to them.

 

CHOI SOOYOUNG  [sister of IM YOONA] found dead at ______ on _______. Case dismissed as a suicide after the young girl was found hanging outside her second story window. However, some investigators tell reporters that they wouldn’t rule out homicide just yet ... “

 

The article went on to describe more details of the death, but Jimin and V had all the information they needed. Both of the boys looked to each other, they knew what they needed to do. They immediately left the library and headed to the cafe.

They needed to talk to Yoona.

 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: hey guys, long update, please enjoy(: I took your suggestions and tried my best to make it horror based with some light fluff here and there. also, are you guys putting the pieces together? let me know what you think is going on in the comments! I'm curious to know if any of you have caught on to it yet..if not, don't worry, you definitely will next chapter!