Chapter 2

Unexpected Love
I remember that when I went to gave Director Lee the good news he was writing something at his computer and he hardly payed me any attention when I entered in his office. But when I told him that Yoon Son-ha not only answered all my questions but she also invited me at the inauguration of the new wing of the National Library of South Korea and she agreed to make a mini-photoshoot right there, he instantly stopped from writing and his glasses almost fell from his nose. Then he even stand and shook my hand, telling me I made a good job and that the next time he was expecting the same results. 
 
Kang So Ra gave me dozen of advice and helped me choose a dress for the event saying that I ''can't go there looking like an ordinary reporter". I still think I was an ordinary reporter, but anyway.
 
Saturday came and I was ready to do my job. The photographer, my coworker, was already there when I came. 
A new area of a library wasn't a reason for a party that could last all night. It was more like a reception and it started at 5 pm.
 
There were dozen of cameramen, paparazzi and reporters at the entrance of the Library, but only very few were let in by the security guards.
 
''Wow , so that's how the rich party.'' the photograph whistled ''What do you think, Park Shin Hye ?''
 
I thought it was marvelous. The room was decorated with class. The orchestra sang ambient music. I recognized most of the guests as being CEOs, authors or literature critics. And I was right there, surrounded by them.
 
 
I saw Yoon Son-ha talking to a man. She observed me too and greeted me with a smile. I got closer.
 
''Good evening.'' I and my cooworker greeted 
 
''Good evening, miss Park.I am glad I see you. How have you been? ...  Let me introduce you Mr. Jo, the diretor of the Library.''
 
''Nice to meet you, miss Park.'' Mr. Jo said. He had a rehearsed smile that he probably uses for the public eye and its representatives. 
 
''It's nice to meet you, director.''
 
The photograph made some pictures with them together, then with Mrs. Yoon alone, then with different guests. Meanwhile I took the change to ask her a few more questions that came in my mind after I took her the first interview. 
 
''The heiress of A Corporation announced she will work at her's parents company from now on. Is your son thinking to work at K Editure?'' I asked 
 
''Well, that's something you could ask my son in person.'' she said and started looking around the room, searching for something "Oh, there you are. Woo Bin, you mind coming here for a minute?'' 
 
I frozed when I saw the man that answered her call. I thought I have forgotten his face, but when I saw it, I had no doubt that he was the man that was about to run over me with his motorbike just a few days before. He probably looked familiar to him too. He looked like he was thinking for a while, and then there was a light in his eyes. He remebered.
 
'' Son, reporter Park wanted to ask you a few questions.'' Son-ha said 
 
''I will gladly answer all of them'' he said with a smile playing on his lips. He was a good looking man, with sharp features. He domined me with his height. Even wearing high heels I was at the level of his shoulders. He was waiting for my question.
 
 
''Have you taught of working for your mother's company?'' I asked
 
''Some day I will inherit K Editure and all our other comapanies, but until then I will keep my job.'' he said 
 
''Your job?'' I asked without thinking.
 
''Yes, you probably don't know. I am a detective. Seoul Metropolitan Police Agenty.''
 
I bite the inside of my cheek. I am a reporter, I should have know! I tried to ignore the frustration that was building inside me.
 
''Do you think you will be prepared to run this company? Since a detective and a CEO doesn't have too many in comon.''
 
''We'll see when the day comes. Can I help you with something else?'' He asked when his phone started ringing. 
 
''That is all, thank you.'' I said. He excused himself and left. I turned to his mother and gave her a polite smile "Thank you for your courtesy. The article will be on the first page Monday. Now I should leave."
 
''Goodbye, miss Park. I hope we will see each other more often'' Yoon Son-ha said. 
 
The photograph I came with left with his car and I called for a taxi. As I was getting down stairs I heard Kim Woo Bin's angry voice. I looked around and I spot him a few meters away. He was still talking on his phone, apparently about something bothering. 
 
''No, do not take them from there! We will .... Forget about that, I am coming there. Do not move anything.'' he ended the call and left in a rush without even seeing me. I looked after him until my phone rang.
 
''Yes, So Ra?'' I answered 
 
''Shin Hye, did you finished your job there?'' 
 
''Yes. What hap- ''
 
''Fast! There was an accident, and a man has probably died. Go there before another newspaper takes our subject!'' 
 
''Where exactly?''
 
''The warehouse from Baekthan street. I'll sent you text. You'll see the police there. Ask about Yoo In-na. Hurry!'' 
 
My taxi arrived just in time and in 10 minutes I was already at the warehouse. I counted 5 police cars. I asked an office about that Yoo In-na and he told me I'll find her inside. I hurried towords the warehouse as much as my dress and shoes let me, but when I got near the door I was on the point of being knocked off by someone. 
 
''Again?'' a deep voice asked with amusement. It's not my fault you keep bumping into me. 
 
''I could say the same thing, detective Kim." 
 
He raised his eyebrow. How was he expecting me to call him, buddy?
 
''I suppose you came here for another subject, reporter Park''
 
"Obviously. Now, if you don't mind...'' 
 
''Of course'' he said and moved giving me space to enter ''but this time watch your steps.'' 
 
I was on the point of reply him when a voice called my name 
 
''Reporter Park Shin Hye?" I turned around to see a very beautiful woman around my age. 
 
''I am Yoo In-na. " she said "Please follow me, I will answer all your questions as long as my job lets me. Detective Kim Woo Bin, mind coming with us?"
 
 
 Great, now I have to work with him!