Nine

Photograph [Broken Memories #2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her brother flicked her on the forehead and then rushed into the car so she wouldn’t chase him down and make him pay for what he’d done.  Her dad waved goodbye to her after getting emotional about leaving her alone at camp for two weeks.  This happened every single year and sometimes it was embarrassing but she appreciated the family she had when it came down to it. 

It was something she’d never take for granted ever again especially considering the state of Seulgi’s family.  Her friend’s father had abused her for years before he was finally arrested during the winter season.  Seulgi’s father had been pretty messed up in the head, beating her for the littlest things and the source of his problems had been him not being able to handle his mother’s slow deterioration of health.  Seulgi’s grandmother was gone now and her father was in jail, hopefully getting the help that he needed.  Seulgi was also receiving therapy and Jongin helped her through it as well.  That was one of the reasons Seungwan had accepted him into their group.  Without him insisting to be a part of their lives, none of them would have discovered what Seulgi was going through.

It had made her take a step back and reflect on what kind of a friend she was.  She admitted that she could be oblivious to some things but she’d never once that she’d been self centered.  Seungwan made it a point to notice things and to inquire after her friends, following the series of events that had happened in December.  She felt bad for not contacting Soojung and Jinri as much as she used to for that very reason.

Seungwan wandered towards the notice board, where a bunch of familiar faces were crowding around to see which cabin they were assigned to.  She hoped that she would get a room with her friends, like she always did.  After last year, which was filled with memories of pranking the counselors as well as carrying out the customary hazing rituals, she wasn’t sure that they’d be put together again.

She made her way to Cabin 4 after checking the room assignments, ready to meet up with her roommates.  She wasn’t with Soojung or Jinri but she was still friends with the girls she’d be living with.  Seungwan opened the door and screamed at Naeun’s half dressed form.

“My eyes! They burn!” she screeched.

“Wow.  Nice to see you too, buttface,” Naeun said, dryly.  “You just don’t understand how free it feels to be in the .”

“I don’t understand how you always refuse to put that body into use.  I pretty sure I overheard Gikwang say he’s going to be a counselor this year.”

Nayeon blushed furiously and threw a pillow at her.  “You always have a dirty mouth.  you.”

“Save that for Gikwang,” she cackled.

“I’m back, you es!”

Let it be known that Park Jiyeon always liked to make a big entrance.  She was standing in the doorway of their cabin with her arms spread out as if they were all supposed to applaud at her arrival.  Fortunately they didn’t have to because Haeryung smacked the back of Jiyeon’s head when she strolled in.  Both girls began to argue about whether the smack could be considered assault or not while Seungwan set her things down by the bed furthest from the door.  She started to hastily unpack her bag, which thankfully didn’t have much in it since she’d only be gone for two weeks.

“Naeun, put some clothes on so we can go find Soojung and Jinri,” Seungwan shouted from the bathroom.  She placed her toiletries in a basket on the sink’s countertop.

“Can I come?  I have a score to settle with those hoes,” Jiyeon said, making a fist.

Haeryung smirked.  “Yes, please leave.”

“I would be careful if I were you!  This guy named Byun Baekhyun taught me martial arts over the school year.  I could kick your ,” Jiyeon exclaimed, dramatically.  She made a fist and did a fierce looking move near her rival.

Seungwan rolled her eyes and took out her camera from her bag and then hung the strap around her neck.  She stormed out of the cabin flanked by Jiyeon and a fully clothed Naeun outside.  The day was still young and the sun was still rising in the sky.  It was the perfect day to take photographs and so she would wander around and see if there were any opportunities to take good shots.

“What Cabin are they in?” Naeun asked, eyeing the lake.  It was pretty obvious that she was itching to strip down and swim in it.

“I think they’re in Cabin Nine,” she responded.

The three of them skipped their way to that particular cabin.  The camp's lodgings were arranged in two rows with ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter