Six

Photograph [Broken Memories #2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t take her long to figure out why Sehun had kissed her.  Though his methods were totally wrong and from probably overanalyzing his words, the conclusion she came up with was that he liked her.  Boys seemed to do stupid things for love and so if he had to tell some of his friends that she was a to put them off of her, he would.  A guy that did backhanded things for her wasn’t exactly ideal but then again, she never attracted the ideal type of guy.  She didn’t like that one bit.

There was also the issue of Sooyoung and Sehun sneaking behind everyone’s backs to consider.  If he didn't like Sooyoung anymore, the least he could do was break up with her before he started moving on to other girls.  She wished that they could come out with their relationship or just distance themselves from each other because all the secrets were making her feel like a balloon that was about to pop at any second.  She couldn’t deal with with her own dirty little secret and the rest of her friends were starting to notice as well.

Two weeks had passed since the day of the party and in those two weeks, she’d taken to completely avoiding Sehun.  She did her best to make sure she didn’t cross paths with him and if she had to be in his presence she did her very best to make sure that he didn’t exist to her.  Sooyoung had been giving her odd looks and even that made Seungwan feel like .

She’d kissed her best friend’s secret boyfriend and she’d liked it.

Sehun hadn’t been avoiding her but he wasn’t making any attempts to seek her out, which she was thankful for.  She would have been absolutely at a loss of what to do or say to him because she hadn’t figured out how she felt about him just yet.  The issue was eating her alive, to the point she couldn’t even enjoy the last week of school because she was so guilty and conflicted of what they’d done.

At lunch Sooyoung probably made things worse by pointing out her spaced out behavior.  Sehun and Jongin both hadn’t shown up to school, which was something that happened from time to time.  Mark and Suzy hadn't showed up to lunch, which probably meant that they'd gone off campus to either or they were making out in the back of the library.  She wasn’t really complaining with all the vacancies at their table.  It was nice to sit with her three best friends without any boys there to be stupid for once.

“What’s going on with you lately?  You and Sehun have both acting off lately.  Haven’t they, Seulgi?” she asked.

Seulgi nodded.  “Yeah, I thought it was just one of those monthly things for Seungwan.  As for Sehun, well, he had a rough day a few days ago.  Don’t worry about it, Sooyoung.  If it’s something big, she’ll talk about it.  Won’t you, Seungwan?”

Seungwan nodded to confirm that she would and the smile on Sooyoung’s face was painful to look at in the sense that another stab of guilt hit her in the heart.  She had never been one to keep anything from her friends.  They liked to joke that by one glance at her and all of her secrets would be written on her face and at that moment, it couldn’t have been more accurate.  She was an open book.  Two weeks of keeping it from her friends had taken its toll.  She could barely breathe in their presence.

“I’m so sorry,” she finally cried out.  Tears spilled down her eyes before she could stop them.

“Woah there, don’t cry,” Joohyun said, pulling her into a hug.  “What happened?”

“I’m such a horrible person.  I don’t deserve to be your friend, Sooyoung!”

Sooyoung looked shocked at the sudden outburst and frowned.  Seungwan glanced between her friend and then squeezed her eyes shut.  She let herself cry into Joohyun’s shoulder and she didn’t even care if people looked at her while she did it.  She couldn’t control it anymore.

“Why would you say that?” Seulgi asked. 

“Sehun kissed me at Yeri's welcome party and before I knew what I was doing, I kissed him back.  I’m so sorry,” she wailed.

Despite the shame she felt, she was glad to have gotten it off her chest.  Now that Sooyoung knew, she could make the final judgement and decide in what direction their friendship would go.  Knowing her friend, she’d probably be angry for a while but eventually forgive her and that would be okay as long as they didn’t cut off contact completely.

“I already knew and it was about time.  Do you know how much work I’ve put in trying to get you two together?”  Sooyoung squealed.  “But why are saying you don’t deserve to be my friend?”

Seungwan’s tears seemed meaningless now.  She sniffled in confusion with her friend’s claims. 

“Aren’t you secretly dating him?  That’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter