Ten

Photograph [Broken Memories #2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Photography camp was probably one of the most lenient camps in the history of summer camps.  Aside from having good manners, there were really only two real rules that all campers had to follow. 

The first was that everyone had to take a morning class and an evening class.  During the day, each cabin became a classroom.  All the beds had to be pushed back further into the cabin and then there would be a wall divider to separate the living space from the common area.  The beanbag chairs placed all around the room were big enough for two people to share in case that needed to be done.  Other cabins would just be a place to meet up before they wandered around the grounds for those classes.  The best part was that there was no mandatory class they had to take or rigid schedule for them to follow.  Anyone could show up at any class and as many times during the two weeks that they wanted.

The other rule was not to engage in physical violence.  There had been one year two girls fought over Gikwang and it had not been pretty.  Seungwan could remember sadly staring that the remains of her broken tooth brush realizing she’d have nothing to brush her teeth with for the rest of the two days at camp.  Luckily, Gikwang had gotten special permission to go buy her a new one, which lead to a fun hookup later on.  Seungwan had been quite amused that two girls had fought over a guy she ended up sleeping with.

Naeun had to be persuaded for a full ten minutes to put some clothes on in the morning.  It turned out to be easier than usual, mainly due to the fact the cabin leader insisted on it and everyone loved Seohyun enough not to argue with her.  Still, once they got to the area of five picnic tables where breakfast was being served Naeun began complaining.

“I hate clothes,” she whined.  “It’s so unfair that I have to abide by societal norms just to get some respect even though we live in a free country.”

Seungwan snorted.  “Let’s be honest, I don’t think anyone would mind if you walked around in your underwear.  It’s the principle of the matter.  Imagine if overweight people started doing it too.  No one wants to see that.”

“Seungwan’s being a again,” Soojung said in a singsong voice as she sat down with them and grabbed a piece of bacon.  “Let’s not body shame, darling.”

Seungwan huffed.  “I just say what everyone’s thinking.  What’s the point of being politically correct in public when you’re really a two faced at heart?  At least I’m being myself.”

Soojung rolled her eyes and then smirked when she looked upwards.  A dark shadow was looming over them and she frowned as it shrunk when Sehun took a seat beside her.  He nodded at all her friends who had all gone silent at the arrival of the brat.

“Good morning, beautiful,” he said, grinning.  He took her plate and began placing all of her favorite breakfast items onto it.  He then reached for the pitcher of apple juice and poured out a cup for her.

“I didn’t say you could sit with me,” she pointed out.

“It’s not Wednesday so the fact that I’m not wearing pink shouldn’t be a problem,” he quipped.

She laughed not just because he’d referenced such a girly movie but also because it was an inside joke.  He frequently said the same thing to Jongin or Seulgi when he sat down at their lunch table just for fun.  It was the kind of thing that only she’d be able to understand.

“Nice one.  You’re still not off the hook and I’m still trying to get hold of Sooyoung.”

“It’s not her fault, you know.  I begged her to tell me which camp you go to so I could sign up.”

Normally this would be considered stalking but she would let it go just this once.  He was clearly desperate to get back into her good graces and if she didn’t let him then she’d be outright rejecting him.  She didn’t want him to think that it was a completely hopeless venture to win her over.

“So Sehun,” Jinri spoke up, “what is it you like about our Seungwan?”

“Everything to be honest.  She’s beautiful, smart, funny and experienced,” his lip curled up when he spoke.  “It's like she said, even though she can be a I just think she’s always trying to be herself.”

Seungwan felt herself heat up at his words.  He seemed to like her and she acknowledged that; a lot of guys had claimed to like her.  She was more interested in knowing if she could trust him and that was why she hadn’t accepted him yet.  She could feel all of her friends’ eyes boring into her but she didn’t say anything because she wasn’t in the mood to talk about her love life over breakfast on the first day of camp. 

She grabbed Naeun’s hand and led them both to Gikwang’s cabin.  It was his second year being a counselor and he was one of the less strict ones especially since he’d attended the camp himself when he’d been in high school.  Naeun was protesting and whining all the way there but once she saw him, all the complaints flew out the window.

Gikwang looked good as usual.  He was a little more tan than usual and he’d cut his hair into short little spikes.  His fashion sense, which consisted of shorts and t-shirts, hadn’t changed a bit.  When he saw the two of them, he waved them over with a smile.

“How are my favorite girls?” he joked, running up to hug the both of them.

“Shut up, dork,” Seungwan laughed.

Naeun threw her a look.  “We’re great.  How about you?  You look like you haven’t changed a bit.”

“Who’s he?”  Sehun’s voice came from behind her, making her jump.

“Don’t sneak up on me like that, Sehun.  It’s not nice,” she warned him.

“Why? Did you get scared?” he .  His arm came around her waist and he pulled her back into his chest and rested his chin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter