Sixteen

Photograph [Broken Memories #2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So much had happened that she could barely remember how the last week had passed but she knew that she’d had so much fun in the short period of time.  In the past six days Naeun and Gikwang had decided to disregard the law and sleep together again,  Haeryung seduced Jungkook and had made out with him more than once, much to Jiyeon’s dismay, and Soojung and Jinri had accidentally poisoned the lunch ladies.  Anyone with any cooking experience had been expected to take over at camp.  She’d said tearful goodbyes to her cabin mates and some of the boys she was friends with at camp, including Min Yoongi, Gikwang and Jungkook.  Some of the other guys like Junmyeon, Minho and Seungri lived in the same town as she did so it was likely they would all see each other again.

Soojung and Jinri were spending another week at her house after camp and so when they pulled up in the driveway, the party basically started due to the fact her mom had gone to the trouble of cleaning out the pool and starting up the grill in the backyard.  Sungmin was cooking the meat for hamburgers and some hip hop music was blasting for the whole neighborhood to hear, though nobody cared because it was expected all kinds of chaos could be heard from the Son residence in the summer.  Her three closest friends were there too, along with Jongin.  She had a feeling inside of her that told her that Sehun had received the invite to the party but he’d opted out of coming.

“We missed you so much!” Sooyoung said, bear hugging the life out of her/

“i missed you guys too.” Seungwan said, releasing her to give Joohyun, Seulgi and Jongin a group hug.  “Soojung and Jinri are here too.”

Seulgi squealed and went inside the house where her other friends were talking to her mother about the dramatic adventures of camp and since it was the highlight of their time there, the pranks they’d pulled on the boys.  The girls already knew each other but Jongin had to be introduced to the two of them to which they claimed they approved of him. 

Everything was going great until somebody— it came as no surprise to her that it had been Jinri— spilled the beans and revealed that she had a boyfriend.

Her family all reacted differently when it came to this sort of thing.  Her father was very aware of the less than honorable reputation she had in town and so he was shocked that she’d found someone to date for a long period of time.  Her mother was not aware of her reputation and therefore her first thought was to burst into tears about how her little baby was growing up.  Sungmin was examine his muscles, wondering out loud if it were possible that he could to go to jail for beating up a minor if Sehun ever broke her heart, which he might as well have with the way he kept avoiding her.

“Okay, shut up everyone.  I’m going to go put my bathing suit on,” Seungwan grumbled, while trudging up the stairs to her room.  Soojung and Jinri follow to do the same.

She decided to wear a modest one piece, though she had to admit if Sehun were she would have opted to wear a bikini instead, but Sehun wasn’t there and that made her feel off.  She briefly as if maybe she’d done something wrong to make him distant but when she thought back to every kiss and every touch and all those goddamn conversations they’d shared back at camp, she knew that couldn’t be true.  She hadn’t done anything wrong and she shuddered to think she could have potentially blamed herself for his strange actions.

When she came out of the downstairs, after texting some friends and inviting them to come over to her party, she realized Soojung and Jinri had already gone downstairs.   She sunbathing by the pool while Seulgi and Jongin were playing some sort of a game in the water with her camp friends.  Sooyoung and Joohyun had chosen to stay out of the pool and joined her in a session of tanning, which was better for having a conversation without having any chlorinated water potentially go down their throats.

“So how’s Kyuhyun these days?” Seungwan asked, smirking at her friend.

Sooyoung blushed furiously.  “He’s doing good, if you must know.  We talk nearly everyday.”

“I think I’m curious to know how many more kisses you guys have shared,” Joohyun teased.

“Three at this point but he tries out that every time he sees me,” Sooyoung said, biting her lip.  Her tone might have been disapproving but her body language clearly said that she didn’t mind that much.  “It’s so weird to have a college guy after you.  Was it weird for you?”

“That thing with Gikwang doesn’t count,” she replied, dryly.  “I think you should consider yourself lucky.  If you don’t hit it off with Kyuhyun, I’d be happy to hit that piece of .”

Joohyun burst out laughing.  “Are you sure you’re not single?”

“I’m actually not sure.”  Seungwan’s mood plummeted after that comment.  “Hey, Jongin!  Why is your best friend avoiding me?”

Jongin and Seulgi ended up slamming into each other with the distraction and lost the game.  The two of them glared at her for the blunder, but she could have cared less about their stupid game when the question of her relationship with Sehun was concerned.

“I didn’t know he’d been avoiding you,” Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter