Thirteen

Photograph [Broken Memories #2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At school she was known to be promiscuous, so much so that even her closest friends didn’t know the truth about her relationships.  She wasn’t very open about her ual encounters and most of the time the rumors weren’t true about that particular part of her life.  Her friends knew not to believe the rumors and they rarely ever asked if they were true, because they knew if a false rumor arose she would whatever she could to get revenge on the person that spread it.  That was the kind of person she was.  Seungwan wasn’t the type to rise above it all and be noble to the people that were unkind to her, nor was she the type of person to go out of her way to make people feel comfortable.

That was why it came as no surprise to anyone at camp that she and Sehun were now dating, though there was no doubt in her mind that they all probably thought the relationship was purely physical.  In fact, a few of the boys at camp seemed to be relieved that he was finally no longer going on and on about wanting to get her attention, something that she knew only because Jungkook had mustered up the courage to come up to her and tell her when she asked why all the boys were acting a little too happy about the news.  That wasn’t to say they were spending all their time together either.  After the first few days they’d been together, she’d gotten tired of being around him all the time and therefore made him promise he’d take some classes without her and hang out with some of the other guys around camp.  She could spend some time with the girls in that way as well.

The "boyfriend" version of Oh Sehun was very different from the "just friends" version of him.  It seemed that now that they were together they talked with each other more and kissed less.  According to Sehun, he wanted to spend time getting to know who she was that day more and more in order to get to know the real her.  Mostly it was a whole bunch of nonsense, but there was a part of her that thought he could have a real point in saying that it wasn’t the little things that mattered but instead the bigger things did.

She thought about it as she messed around on her computer next to Soojung and Haeryung on afternoon.  She’d spent the morning with Sehun taking one of Choi Minho’s lighting classes, in which she’d had a bit of an exciting time snapping photographs of a vase.  She loved that most of the lessons were practical, meaning she could learn with a hands on approach.  That type of learning was more likely to stick with her long term.

“So how is Sehun liking it here?” Soojung asked, fiddling around on Photoshop as well.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that he’s attending this camp for you, just so you would accept him as your boyfriend.  Now that he’s accomplished that, has he gotten bored yet?” she asked.

“Why would he be bored?” she asked, not understanding what Soojung was trying to say.  Was she insinuating that Sehun was already bored of her?

“I mean, does he even like photography?  And if he doesn’t, why is he still here?” Soojung laughed, rolling her eyes.

She’d never thought about that, having been under the assumption that he would have had some interest in photography before coming.  It couldn’t have just been because of her otherwise that would have been a completely desperate move.  Now that she was curious, she decided to ask him if he was still interested in being at camp anymore.  She found that if she brought it up then maybe he would leave and then she would miss him. 

“I don’t know.  I never thought about that,” she said, after a while.

“Well maybe you should find out.”

She fully intended to when she got the proper chance. 

 

 

The thought had been plaguing her all day.  By the time all of the afternoon classes were done, the sun was setting and she was with Sehun and the others around a campfire while the cooks— which were a pair of middle aged women— prepared their dinner.  They were the only real adults around but did nothing besides prepare food for the campers for two weeks.  Well, since one week had already passed, there was only another week to go.

The campfire was nice and warm, providing them all with enough heat so that they would not be cold during the summer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter