Seven

Photograph [Broken Memories #2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the last day of school, Sehun avoided her completely, seeming to get the hint that she really didn’t want to have anything to do with him.  Yet now that he wouldn’t even look at her, and thought she hadn’t sorted out her feelings, it bothered her to no end.  He was supposed to be begging for forgiveness while trying to win her over with cheesy actions that would melt her heart.  Clearly, nothing that ever happened in movies would ever happen in real life.  Sehun was not the Prince Charming to her Cinderella and would never be because teenage boys never really knew how to romance a girl.  Perhaps that was why teenagers dated in the first place; to figure out the whole dating thing.

The last day of school, despite Sehun’s disappointing behavior, was just like any other day.  There were no tear filled goodbyes or dramatic speeches made.  They all knew they would see each other over the summer until school started back up in the fall.  Seungwan felt as though she were on a high that she couldn’t come down from with the realization that photography camp was in a few days.  She’d be out of the city and in with the wild scenery of the countryside, which was just perfect for some beautiful nature shots.

They all planned to hang out at the cafe just to spend some time together as a way to celebrate the end of what was definitely a good year.  Sooyoung was finally free from a destructive relationship, Jongin and Seulgi were in a great relationship, Seulgi’s father had finally been sent to jail, Mark and Suzy had finally gotten together, Joohyun had fulfilled her goals by passing all her classes with straight A’s.

“I have something to say,” Joohyun piped up on the walk over to the cafe.

They all silenced and looked at her.  It was probably really big news if she was speaking up about it with all of them there.  Seungwan was very interested to know.

“This year was really rough for some of us, and things are still rough for others.  But I think we’ve had a great year.  We’ve found love, made new friends and had enough emotional pain to last a lifetime.” Joohyun smiled.

“I say we do it bigger and better next year,” Sooyoung laughed.  At this, Jongin scowled and tried to put her in a chokehold, making her run ahead of them.  Seungwan’s smirked, seeing what, or rather whom, was up ahead leaning against the window of the coffee shop. 

Seungwan put an arm on Joohyun’s shoulders and signaled to her with her eyes.  Both of them were thrown into fit of giggles and even Seulgi joined in when she saw what they were looking at.  Kyuhyun was once again there, waiting for his precious beloved and it was honestly a very cute gesture that he would come see Sooyoung on the last day of school.  The two idiots stopped wrestling in the middle of the sidewalk when they realized what was going on.  Jongin straightened up first and protectively put an arm around Sooyoung’s shoulders.

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked him.  Seungwan and the others hung back and watched the scene unfold.  She had talked to Joohyun about how they were actually really perfect for each other, despite the fact that one of them one was in high school while the other was in college.

“I actually came to tell y lady that Heechul finally got a good job in the city.  He’s moving out next week and he wants to see you and Jongin before he leaves,” Kyuhyun looked over Sooyoung’s shoulder to speak.  Seulgi nodded and gave him a thumbs up.

Sooyoung’s face screwed up in annoyance.  “So that’s it?  You come here, call my best friend y and then you just leave?”

Kyuhyun blinked, trying to hide a smirk.  “What other reason would I have to be here?”

If looks could kill, he’d be dead.  Sooyoung huffed and looked pointedly at a crack in the window.  “You could at least say you wanted to see me today.”

“That would be a lie.”

Seungwan felt that and it didn’t feel good.  Jongin stepped forward to say something but his girlfriend stopped him.  Sehun seemed to be trying hard not to laugh, which just emphasized how much of a he was.  Did he encourage things like that?  Her friend’s feelings had just been hurt.

“I didn’t want to just see you today.  I want to see you everyday.”

Oh.

Goddamn these corny boys.

Did they actually believe that girls liked things like that?  Some girls did, which was evidenced by the deep blush spreading on Sooyoung’s cheeks.  She couldn’t even argue that he was being an obnoxious flirt because it was very subtle flirting.  Any friend could be caught saying that to another friend and it would be normal.  She glanced at the rest of them and muttered something under her breath that Seungwan couldn’t hear but it made Kyuhyun laugh out loud and pull her closer by the sleeve.  She didn’t resist and by then it looked as if Jongin was going to beat the out of him.

“Let’s go inside and leave them to talk,” Seungwan announced loudly.  It was very clear that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter