Four

Photograph [Broken Memories #2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She didn’t think she’d ever seen Sooyoung curse so much in her life.  Seungwan watched amused as her friend gathered up her things and then realize she couldn’t actually leave the cafe without being seen by Kyuhyun.  Waving him over was the perfect payback for not being told what Seulgi, Sehun and Jongin were up to and so did exactly that.  Seungwan began waving hard to catch his attention from outside the window.  Once Sooyoung saw what she was doing, she was knocked out of her chair by a hard tackle.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Sooyoung hissed. 

The door to the cafe opened, letting a rush of warm spring air inside.  She laughed realizing that she’s accomplished her goal of revenge.  Sooyoung groaned and got off of her to greet Kyuhyun, who was coming towards them with a huge smile on his face.  Seungwan had never actually seen this guy before, only hearing about him through Seulgi, Jongin or Sooyoung and that was enough to interest her.  They knew someone really cool that she didn’t but they talked about him so much she felt as if she pretty much knew him too. 

He was exactly like Sooyoung had described.  Kyuhyun was hot as in she could have cooked scrambled eggs on his body and they would come out eatable.  He didn’t look like he was high or intoxicated like she’d been told he usually was.  He looked like some hipster guy actually, with the skinny jeans, plaid shirt and beanie he wore.  He even had a pair of black-rimmed glasses, which just enhanced the overall look.  Apparently ever since Sooyoung had told him to stop with the drinking and drug usage, he’d actually listened and straightened up his act.  It was probably the reason that he’d been trying to talk to her for so long.

“I’ve been calling you for while,” Kyuhyun said, glancing between them both.  “Can I talk to you in private?”

“Whatever you have to tell me can be said in front of her.  I’m going to tell her anything anyway,” Sooyoung replied.

This surprised Seungwan.  All of her friends had been keeping secrets from her and to hear that she would have actually been told something was coming as a shock to her.  She stopped herself from making a sarcastic comment about it, deciding that she shouldn’t have to act like it was a big deal.  Sooyoung should have been telling her about these things anyway.

“Hi, I’m Seungwan.  I’ve heard a lot about you,” she introduced herself, holding her hand out for a shake.

Kyuhyun took it and gave a hopeful smile that could have possibly melted her heart just because he was really good looking when he smiled.  “Really?  You’ve heard about me?”

“It wasn’t anything good.  Stop smiling like that,” Sooyoung snapped.

And just like that, Seungwan didn’t exist anymore.  Now it was all about the two people sitting in front of her.  It was always like that when Sooyoung was around but it wasn’t like anyone else had a chance when a boy like Kyuhyun was looking at her friend like that.  He obviously bore a certain amount adoration for her because he looked at Sooyoung as if she were an oasis and he’d been stranded in the desert for a week without a water bottle.

“But that means you talk about me,” he teased. 

“Why are you here, Kyu?”

“Because I know I ed up and I’m sorry.”

“I still can’t give you what you want.  I’m not ready to be in a relationship and you know that.  Plus, there’s a significant age difference between us,” Sooyoung sighed.

“I’m only twenty so there's only a three year difference but I also told you I'd wait for you.  The most important thing is that I just don’t want you to shut me out completely.  Can't we at least be friends?” he pleaded.

Sooyoung sighed.  She bit her lip and the stress lines on her face began to appear; it was clear that she thinking about what she wanted and how she felt.  After all, she’d been insistent on taking a break from the romance department for a while.  This was while Seungwan was still trying to process the fact she was witnessing a rather deep conversation.  It was the kind of thing that they probably should have talked about without her there.  She wondered if Sehun was the reason that these two weren’t getting together, but that was a different issue entirely.

“We can be friends but I don’t want you to expect you’ll get anything more from me than that,” Sooyoung answered, after a long while.

Kyuhyun unleashed yet another dazzling smile upon the world, leaving Seungwan a little breathless.  It was kind of a shame that her friend didn’t like him because anyone would be lucky to have the affection of a guy like that.  She stared at him when he got up and left, not before making Sooyoung promise to pick up his calls. 

“You were totally crushing on him,” her friend smirked.

“He’s not that bad to look at,” she admitted.  “I was actually thinking a girl would have to be crazy to reject him.”

Sooyoung stood up to leave— like she’d tried to do before Kyuhyun had arrived— and stuck out her tongue.  “I must be insane then.”

They all were insane in a way.

 

 

Yeri was set to arrive in a few days, which was a full month ahead of schedule but after being told that her school in Japan ran on a different schedule it made sense.  Yeri was officially done with freshman year while Seungwan was doing her best to finish her sophomore year on a good note.  Her first final exam had come and gone that morning not without studying her off for i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter