Fourteen

Photograph [Broken Memories #2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Sehun was gone.

She’d been taking Seungri’s class that morning and she watched from a distance as he’d gotten into a car and drove away.  She’d caught him in the act and had actually taken a picture of it as it happened and now she was now staring at it, wondering what could have happened.

Maybe if she hadn’t had that conversation with him last night, she would have been more surprised, but she knew that he didn’t like photography.  She wished he’d told her before going first because everyone— mainly Jungkook and Junmyeon— had been asking her where he’d gone and why he’d left without a word.  Seungwan was completely confused and hurt by his sudden leave.  She wasn’t the type of girl that had to know where her boyfriend was and what he was doing every single minute of everyday and she didn’t want to be that kind of person either but this was a special case.  They were at a summer camp, a place where it was required to inform somebody before leaving the entire premises altogether and she had no idea how to react. 

Soojung had told her that his sudden disappearance could just be a regular old family emergency and that maybe he had to go back home to deal with some things he wasn’t ready to talk to her about.  It was a plausible explanation but a flawed one because Seungwan knew that if he wasn’t ready to talk about something then he would say so to her face.  This had to be much bigger than that if he’d left without telling her at all.  It was odd behavior when she thought about it and the the only other person that she could think of that would do that kind of thing from time to time was Jongin and when she thought back on it, Sehun also seemed to be missing whenever Jongin was.  She also couldn't forget the incident in which Seulgi had kissed Sehun, following by Jongin's nonchalant attitude towards the matter.  Sooyoung had accused them of hiding something from the rest of the group and Seungwan was beginning to think that their suspicious activity was related to Sehun's sudden leave from camp.

So then it got her thinking that Sehun could possibly be in the same place as Jongin, if the two cases of them going missing were coincidental, which she was willing to bet everything she had that they were, evidenced by the insane way they always happened to be missing at the same time.  If Jongin had gone somewhere, then apart from Sehun, there were three or four people in the world that could know of his whereabouts: Jongin’s mother, Seulgi, Mark and Sooyoung.

Calling Jongin’s mother for help was out of the question and the same went for Mark.  She didn’t know if Sooyoung would tell her anything if she’d been sworn to secrecy and Seulgi was the biggest softie in the world so by the end of her thought process, her mind was made up.  She was going to call Seulgi for help.

Her friend picked up on the second ring, slightly breathless.  “Hey , what’s up?”

“Hey.  Why are you so out of breath?” asked Seungwan.

“Am I?  That’s really weird, isn’t it?  I should probably get that checked out,” Seulgi answered nervously.

“Yeah, just like that damn STD you gave me.  You’re always ignoring me, you damn .  Who’s on the phone, your crack dealer?”

It was the person on the other end that made her freeze as if she’d been dipped into the a pool of ice.  She recognized that voice all too well because it was the voice that had been telling her the sweetest things for the past week, the voice that had told her that he liked her so much he was scared of liking her too much and getting hurt in the process.  She had trusted the person behind the voice but she hadn’t expected to be betrayed so soon.

“Was this fun for you or something?  Let’s play with Seungwan’s feelings and steal her boyfriend right from under her nose.  I don’t care if you wanted to cheat on Jongin but why did you have to drag me into it?  You might think I’m a but you’re worse than me.  Consider our friendship over, but first break up with that because he’s clearly treating you badly.  Why the would you want him over Jongin anyway?”

Seungwan had exploded.  She was done.  All the pain and heartbreak she’d known had been coming was all because she’d followed her friends’ advice and she had let her feelings come first for once.

“Boyfriend?  Holy ,” Seulgi said under her breath.  “What the , Sehun?  She’s your girlfriend and you didn’t say anything?”

“I was going to but then you told me you were pregnant with our baby and then I had other things on my mind!” Sehun yelled.

“Seungwan, I promise this is not what it sounds like and when Sehun gets back to camp he will explain everythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter