Chapter 9: The Indescribable

I'm Sorry... but I Love You

-At Seohyun's ward-

Yonghwa:"JUHYUN AH!!!!!"

Everyone was in a panic-strickened state. Time froze as all of them watched their little one gone. Forever. The girls, her parents... And her man. Everthing slowed down as their eyes were all focused on the monitor hoping for the straight line of death to show a little sign of life. Yonghwa was embracing his girl as he was shaking like a leaf on a branch. Taeyeon was on the other side watching her little maknae's face turning paler and paler. The room was silent. Dead silence. It was as though everyone's breath just stopped and only Yonghwa was the only one breathing loudly. He lifted his shaky left hand as he carrassed her face. It was cold. He looked at her as tears fall one after another on her face.

Yonghwa:"Juhyun ah... Open your eyes..."

..........

No one dared to speak a single word. The girls were panicking as they await for Sunny's and Hyoyeon's return. The doctor was their only hope now.

Yonghwa tried to keep his hopes up. Hoping that she will open her eyes and everything will go back to normal. He thought :"No... No.... You can't leave me... We've so much left to do.... You can't leave me." Seohyun lips were starting to change colour. Her lips were darker and her face was white as paper.

Yonghwa:"Juhyun.... You better wake up now... I will flip. I swear."

Yonghwa was trying to kid with her. He was sweating so much as his sweats were dripping from his fringe. His entire face was completely drenched. So as his neck. His eyes were red and swollen from crying so much. 

*THUMP THUMP THUMP running noises...*

Sunny and Yuri were back. With the doctor, together with a bunch of nurses. Everyone immediately made way for him as Yonghwa handed his girl over to the doctor. 

Doctor:"It's a sudden cardiac arrest. I've to save her. There's not much time left. Everyone, leave the room."

Yonghwa:"No... I want to stay."

The doctor looked at him with disbelief.

Taeyeon:"Yonghwa. We need to leave."

Taeyeon went over to Yonghwa and grabbed his arm. He tried to let go of Taeyeon's grip, but was then completely pinned down together with the rest of the SNSD members. 

Yonghwa:"LET GO OF ME!! I NEED TO STAY WITH HER!"

Taeyeon:"JUNG YONGHWA DO YOU WANT HER TO LIVE OR NOT!"

He stopped resisting.

Tiffany:"That's right Yonghwa ah... We've to leave."

Yonghwa immediately relaxed as he thought and knew that Tayeon and Tiffany was right, they needed to leave the room.

Doctor:"I'll do my best."

The doctor did his best to give a look of reassurance.

Yonghwa then reluctantly left the room together with everyone else.

Everyone was just outside staring eagerly into the glass window. The curtains around Seohyun's bed closed as the doctor and nurses were fiddling with the machines. The defibrillator was once again taken out. Yonghwa had his face plastered onto the glass window as his plams were stuck onto the window. He looked at Seohyun's silhouette laying on the bed behind the curtains. Her body was jerking up and down due to the strong current flowing through the body the machine gave. The doctor shouted numbers as he rubbed the two metal plates together to charge more energy. Yonghwa prayed so hard for a mircale. Just anything. Give him anything. Take anything from him. He begged God just not to take her away. He could not look on further as he turned away from the scene and looked down. His body slowly slid down against the wall until he reached the floor. He started bawling in tears.

Some of the girls could not bare to look on and turned away as well. Tears flowed uncontrollably as they thought that this, was the end. Taeyeon felt the atmosphere turning darker and darker as everything around her seemed to 'die' off. All her girls, Seohyun's parents and Yonghwa. Just everyone including herself, could feel thier heart froze over and over again. She banged her fist against the glass and it startled everyone. It felt like deja vu all over again. The painful memories started flooding back. From the dorm to the ambulance to the pain they all went through, all came back to her at once. This was it, she thought. "Juhyun..." She spoke in her mind. Her name was the only thing stuck at the tip of her mind. She closed her eyes and let the tears she was holding back, fall.

*BAM!*

At that moment, a loud thump was heard.

Seohyun's mom was laying on the ground.

Dad:"Yeobo!"

Seohyun's mom had collapsed due to the shock she could not handle. The girls immediately crowded around her, including Yonghwa. Yuri placed her finger below Seohyun's mom's nose and sighed in relief as she was still breathing. Just unconscious. 

Yuri:"Ahbohnim, we need to get her medical attention right now... She should be fine after some rest."

Yuri said seriously with her worried eyes. Seohyun's dad sighed too. 

Dad:"Geurae."

Yonghwa got on one knee and offered his back as he said,

Yonghwa:"Here, I'll carry her."

He was about to put her arms around her shoulders when he was stopped by Seohyun's dad. Yonghwa looked back in surprise.

Dad:"You stay here."

Yonghwa:"Kuenchanayo Ahbohnim. I can do it."

Dad:"Ahniya Yonghwa ah, you stay here and wait for my daughter."

Yonghwa looked into his eyes. They were full of emotions and sincerity.

Dad:"You are a good man, and I now know why my stubborn daughter loves you so much. Stay with her."

Yonghwa was speechless as he looked into Seohyun's dad's eyes. Yuri broke the silence as she said,

Yuri:"In that case, Yoona come and help me."

Yoona steadily agreed.

Yoona:"Neh, Unnie."

Seohyun's dad, Yuri and Yoona carried Seohyun's mom out to find medical help. Thank goodness they were still in the hospital which made it easier to seek help.

 

The doctor had been trying to save Seohyun for the past 30 minutes but to no avail. They were about to lose all hope. Taeyeon looked at how tired the girls were and watched her strong members falling apart one by one.

Taeyeon:"Ehdeul ah... I think you should wait outiside."

Taeyeon called out to them worried that they'll really fall apart soon just like Seohyun's mom. The girls nodded and left the room reluctantly as they brought their heavy footsteps and hearts out of the ward.

Yonghwa was still looking dejected. He had not spoken a word ever since Seohyun's mom collapsed. Taeyeon who looked at Yonghwa's expressions as he was looking down, was worried about him although she herself needed help to heal her broken heart. She came over to Yonghwa's side.

Taeyeon:"You know... Seohyun's dad is right. You are indeed a good man."

Yonghwa did not reply and acted like he ignored but was listening to every word Taeyeon was saying.

Taeyeon:"If....If... She pulls through, I hope you'll stay with her till' the end. I know she loves you a lot, and you love her a lot too. You two deserve each other very much... I think God is putting the both of you through a test."

Yonghwa was puzzled? "A..Test?" He thought. He turned to look at Taeyeon with a confused look.

Taeyeon:"I guess God wanted to put you two through hell before letting the both of you enjoy true happiness. He's testing the faith in the both of you. So don't let go of her no matter what, got it?"

Yonghwa kind of understood, but he thought what Taeyeon said was right, he would not ever let her go no matter what. He was glad that so many people still had faith in him, despite everything he did and the things they went through. 

Yonghwa:"I won't ever let her go... No matter what, I promise."

Yonghwa said it proud, confident, reassuring Taeyeon that she will never regret putting her precious little sister in the hands of his. He knew he will not regret that even if Seohyun was gone. He will not let go. Ever. Taeyeon gave a faint smile and placed her hand on Yonghwa's shoulder. 

Suddenly, they could hear the doctor say something from inside the ward. Both of them sprung up from the floor and faced the glass window.

Doctor:"This... This is the last attempt... If we still can't save her, then... We'll have to let her go..."

The doctor said stuttering with tears in his eyes. The nurse looked down and replied,

Nurse:"Neh..."

The docor regained his focus and energy for the last attempt to save Seohyun. 

Doctor:"Alright then... Charge again... 140."

He instructed the nurse who was handling the defibrillator machine. 

Taeyeon closed her eyes... So did Yonghwa. They could not bare to look on further. It was too much to bear for their already broken hearts, they thought this was the end. For real. Although the both of them kept quiet, their hearts were screaming out from the little of what they had left in them. Their physical and mental state were too worn out to do anything else anymore.

Yonghwa:"Please don't leave me... Please Juhyun." Yonghwa thought, crying his eyes and heart out. He begged with all his heart.

 

Nurse:"Ready doctor."

 

Taeyeon:"Juhyun ah... Maknae yah... If... It's too hard on you... Let go then..."

 

Taeyeon said in her heart. A big part of her wanted her Maknae back. However, another side of her could not bare to watch her in so much pain, and would rather to see her go, than to see her continue to suffer. It was worse than death.

 

Doctor:"Last attempt..."

 

The doctor said softly to himself. He was sweating so much. He had never been this emotionally attached to a patient before, but seeing all the people who loved Seohyun, so restless and upset that words were unable to describe their sadness, he felt that he had a big responsibility in this. He could not help but let a tear fall. He himself was praying for a miracle to happen.

Doctor:"Charge."

With one word, the metal electric plates were moving closer and closer to Seohyun's chest.

*ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

The machine sounded, as Seohyun's body jerked upwards and back down.

The whole world seemed to slow down, as the team of nurses and the doctor was staring at the heart rate monitor, hoping for that dead straight line to show some sign of life.

 

10 seconds....

9 seconds.....

8 seconds......

Was this really it?....

7 seconds....

6 seconds.....

5 seconds.... 

4 seconds.....

3 seconds.....

2 seconds..... 

 

Guess... It's really over.... 

 

1 second...

 

Nothing....

 

The doctor looked down, and had the worst feeling in the world. He felt like this was the biggest failure in his career that he had ever experienced. Hesitantly, he finally spoke the words he was so dreading to say.

Doctor:"Record death time.... 1.47am..."

He finally cried the tears he was holding back for the longest time. He made his way to the door to relay the news he was so dreading to say. They still do not know anything that was happening as Taeyeon and Yonghwa had their backs against the glass and their senses blocked temporarily from the world. The doctor looked at the backs of these 2 people who loved Seohyun dearly, he could not do it. He could not bring himself to say it. He took heavy and slow footsteps towards the door. He imagined the reaction they were going to give which made him tear up even more. He failed. He thought...

Nurse:"Neh........."

........

........

......

.......

..........

...... 

*Beep...Beep..Beep....Beep...Beep....*

 

Nurse:"Doctor!"

The nurse suddenly called out to the doctor which startled him. He had his hand on the door knob when she suddenly called him. 

Nurse:"We're recieving something"

The doctor paused and listened careufully. He could hear the machines beeping again. He was completely astonished. It was truly a miracle. "This can't be happening. This isn't real... How?" He thought. 

Doctor:"It...can't...be...."

There was no way. He thought. She had lost her beating heart for awhile already, how was it possible that she was back? It was impossible. He was still in total denial and the whole situation had not sunk it yet.

Nurse:"Pulse and heart rate returning to normal state."

The nurse reported to the doctor. The doctor rejoiced as he let a huge smile on his face.

Taeyeon and Yonghwa who still had their backs against the glass, was completely oblivious of what just happened. They were still grieving inside and were clueless about what was about to come. Their girl, was back. 

Doctor:"Quick! Go inform them!"

The doctor instructed the nurse excitedly. The nurse nodded and went out. The second the door opened, the both of them turned their attention towards the door. Both of them had the feeling that it was definitely going to be a bad news. They prepared themselves for what was about to hit them. Their hearts ached and screamed inside that they had to finally accept the fact that she had gone to somewhere better. Forever. However, a small part of them did hope for a miracle to fall upon their precious little one. Both of them stayed silent, waiting for the news to hit them, good or bad.

Nurse:"Seohyun-Shi is back... We managed to save her."

Music to their ears, better than any hit song. Bigger than any awards they would ever recieve. Taeyeon was completely shocked, her heart raced faster as tears of joy streamed down her face as a big wide smile plastered on her face. Yonghwa thanked God inside for not asking the love of his life away. Although he was still in denial and could not believe his ears. He teared... But tears of sheer happiness and relief this time

Taeyeon:"Are you serious?!"

She needed to double confirm to make sure she was not hearing things or it was not a dream.

Nurse:"Neh... Shes out of danger now, and should wake up soon. However, the tumor in her head has to be removed no matter what or it will pose a threat to her life in the future. The doctor told me that we cannot drag any longer and the operation will commence tomorrow, once she's awake."

The both of them nodded as they listened intensely. The nurse left and told them they could go in if they wanted to.

Yonghwa who still could not believe the situation,

Yonghwa:"Pinch me. This can't be real."

He told Taeyeon, still in denial. Taeyeon then pinched his arm really hard, which made Yonghwa flinch in extreme pain as he let out a scream.

Yonghwa:"AHHHHHHHHH!! Not that hard!"

Taeyeon felt bad and apologised. She chuckled at her friend.

Taeyeon:"Ooops.. Sorry.. *laughs* At least now you know this ain't a dream."

She teased Yonghwa. Taeyeon was right, Yonghwa thought. It is not dream. His girl was really back. They then slowly entered the room with careful steps, afraid they'll wake Seohyun. The doctor was still in the room giving Seohyun some basic examinations. Yonghwa looked at Seohyun's face slowly regaining her normal white silky colour. He was glad. He was realy relieved. It is all over. Or at least the for the most part of it. Now removing the tumor is the only thing left to do. The doctor turned to the two of them as he removed the stethoscope from his ears. 

Doctor:"She's fine for now. Tomorrow we'll remove the tumor as what my nurse had already informed you about. However don't worry, it should not pose much of a risk as she already passed the most difficult phase of her sickness, so don't worry about. She'll be back to her regular life soon."

The doctor gave a real genuine smile as he told them. 

Taeyeon:"Thank you so much doctor. I don't know how else to repay you. Thank you for saving my little sister. Thank you for bringing my beacon of light back. And sorry once again for all the rude actions and words I did and said."

Taeyeon gave a 90 degrees bow to express her gratitude and sincerity.

Doctor:"Taeyeon-shi, please it's fine. It's my duty to take care of my patient.

Taeyeon:"Is there nothing I can do for you?"

Doctor:"A signed CD would be nice."

The doctor joked with Taeyeon as he chuckled.

Taeyeon:"Definitely doctor! Thank you once again, and you can just address me as Taeyeon."

Yonghwa:"Yes... Doctor, thank you so much. You saved my other half."

Doctor:"It's fine Taeyeon and Yonghwa ah. Alright, I'm going to go now and prepare the formalities for tomorrow."

Taeyeon:"Oh right! I better go inform the girls and tell her parents. Seohyun's mom would instantly feel well once she hears this. You're staying here Yonghwa?"

Yonghwa:"Yeah..."

He bowed to the doctor and Taeyeon as the both of took their leave. Now it's just the both of them. He sat down beside Seohyun as he held her hand.

Yonghwa:"Juhyun ah... Now it's just us..."

He smiled as he used his other hand to carress her soft face.

Yonghwa:"Thank you Juhyun ah... For not leaving me...."

 

-To be continued-

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-A/N:Hey guys! did you like this chpater? oh my gosh, i dont know how long has it been since i last updated. I felt sorry so i stayed up today to write this chapter that i had been working on for awhile. Hope you all will understand. Work and projects have been piling up on me everyday so i couldnt update as often as i could before so i hope you guys will understand. Anway the finale is coming i hope you guys would be looking forward to it. Alright as always thank you my awesome readers for you support. if it wasnt for you guys reading and supporting i woudnt be writing. Alright, remember to leave some comments so i can know you your thought. Okay, till next time BYE BYE !! :D <3-