Chapter 5: But...I...

I'm Sorry... but I Love You

-At CNblue's dorm-

By the time Yonghwa had cooled down, it was already dusk. He was sitting on the floor and leaning against his bed, staring into space. His eyes were red and swollen from all the tears that he shed over and over.

*knock knock knock*

Yonghwa’s eyes turned to the closed door.

Minhyuk:”Hyung… Are you okay? Do you want to go grab a bite?”

Yonghwa:”No… Leave me alone…”

Minhyuk:”Alright then… The 3 of us are going out for a bite. We’ll buy your food back.”

Yonghwa did not answer and looked away from the door.

On the other side of the door, his 3 brothers were worried for their Hyung.

Jungshin:”Hyung… Is he gonna be alright?”

Jonghyun gave a long sigh.

Jonghyun:”Let’s just leave him alone. Maybe he’ll leave the room once we’re out of the house.”

The 3 dongsaengs felt really dejected and their hearts sanked seeing their hyung this state. Earlier, after Taeyeon told Tiffany that the two of them broke up, Tiffany called Minhyuk to relay the news to him. They finally understood why their Hyung was acting this way. Though they do not know the exact reason as to why they broke up, they felt that Yonghwa was having a major melt down in his life but they did not want to talk about it in front of him. Soon, the 3 of them left the house.

Yonghwa listened carefully and only when he was sure they left, he slowly left his confinement. He walked to the fridge and grab a few cans of beers. He walked to the couch and plopped on to it. He started jugging down the beer can after can, drowning his sorrows with it. Suddenly, the memories in his head started to flash through his mind like a film.

 

-Flashback-

Seohyun: “Oppa!Oppa! come here quick!”

Yonghwa:”Wait up Hyun! Slow down!”

Finally, they reached the top of the hill. Their tiredness immediately went away at the sight of the remarkable view. The huge city of Seoul and the bright stars in the sky were dancing. The both of them decided to become comfy, and laid on the grass as seohyun placed her head on Yonghwa’s chest. She could hear his heart beating so quickly. She slightly chuckled.

Yonghwa:”Why…. Are you laughing?”

Seohyun:” *laughs* Nothing Oppa. Just that someone is super nervous right now.”

Yonghwa face was blushing so hard as his heart beated even faster. He took a big gulp of saliva down to calm his nerves. 

Seohyun listened to his heartbeat as it escalated faster and faster.

Seohyun:”Oppa calm down.. At this rate your heart is going to pop out.”

Yonghwa who was did not know what to say, tried to find something to say to rebut her.

Yonghwa:” YAH! You !......”

Seohyun laughed even more seeing her man reacting like this. She tried to quickly change the subject.

Seohyun:”The stars are so pretty tonight. I’ve never seen so many stars in my life.”

Yonghwa:”That’s because you’re always working you probably forgot how stars even look like.”

Seohyun:”Yeah.. *sigh* that’s sadly true.”

Yonghwa:”But it’s okay because your star is here you don’t need any other stars.”

Yonghwa gave a cheeky laugh. Seohyun just smiled at her choding. She wanted time to pause at this moment forever. Just her and her man, together with nothing but the cooling wind and the spectacular view.

Yongwa:”Just like how you’re my star…”

He paused for a moment. And the both of them stared into each other’s eyes. As if their gazes were showing another world.

Yonghwa slowly lowered his head. Seohyun shyly closed her eyes and pursed her lips. Yonghwa gradually leaned forward and closer until their lips met. Ahhh… How Yonghwa wished that this would never end. That time would just pause here forever. Their shy peck gradually turned into something more. Their heads were tilted at an angle as their lips were just moving along with the rhythm. Their tounges were dancing to the beats of their hearts and just like that, their hot and passionate first kiss was filled with nothing but their love for each other. That night was an unforgettable night for the both of them.

-End of flashback-

 

Yonghwa tried to erase all of those memories in his head that were giving him nothing but pain. He was still in denial. His mind knew but his heart was telling him otherwise. That this is all a dream and how he wished that it was indeed nothing but a dream. That when he wakes up, none of this happened. That everything was going according to his plan. His proposal, his marriage, his life with her. However, his mind knew well enough that all of this will never happen, that everything was over because of a reason he does not even know of. His confusion, his anger and his disappointment just disappeared as now he feels nothing but emptiness and pain. He closed his eyes as a tear flows down to his neck. Before, he had many unanswered questions. But now, none of these seemed to matter to him as he felt his heart already died. He just asked himself one last time : "Why….Juhyun….. " Alcohol to him now was his temporary medicine, as he chugged down one can after another. 

Until, a call came.

-At Seohyun’s ward-

Meanwhile, Seohyun woke up in the middle of her sleep. She could not fall back to sleep as her mind was way too occupied thinking about all the things that have happened. She was also thinking about her memories with Yonghwa. The times they shared. Tears, laughter, annoyance with each other, anger, happiness, grieves. Every feeling in the world possible, the both of them have experienced it all together.

-Flashback-

Yonghwa:”*loud laughs* Catch me if you can!”

Yonghwa teased his girl as he ran and ran.

Seohyun:”YAH JUNG YONGHWA! Come back!”

Yonghwa kept running and laughing at the same time while Seohyun chased after him. Finally Yonghwa reached the top of the hill, panting really hard. Seohyun quickly caught up to him. She was really angry with him as she gave him a stern face while pouting her lips. Yonghwa who saw that thought that it was the cutest thing ever. 

Yonghwa:”Aigoo… Woori Juhyun-ie. Don’t be angry okay? Im sorry.” As he pinched her cheeks.

Seohyun slapped the back of his hands to get them of her face. She was still really annoyed. She quickly snatched back the box that was in Yonghwa’s hand.

Yonghwa:”What’s that you’re so concerned about anyway? It’s just a plain box.”

Seohyun who was ignoring him, turned away from him. Yonghwa started to whine and whine like a child asking his mom to buy him candy. He swayed and tugged seohyun’s arm.

Yonghwa:”Juhyun ah….Juhyun ah……Juhyun ah…. Please tell me… pretty pretty please?”

Yonghwa said that while giving his most innocent puppy eyes. Seohyun who was cringing at his actions, finally gave in.

Seohyun:”Okay okay. Stop it. Gosh….This is for you Oppa.”

Yonghwa:”For me?”

He was puzzled.

Seohyun:”Yes this is for you oppa. I wanted to give it to you here, who knew you would snatch it from me and just ran away just now.”

Seohyun who was really annoyed, gave Yonghwa the death stare. Yonghwa felt really sorry and guilty. He did not expect that it was for him. He rubbed his hands together apologizing in his ‘cute’ voice, trying to get Seohyun to forgive him.

Yonghwa:”I’m sorry…Hyun…Hyun….”

Seohyun whose heart eventually turned soft hearing him apologizing.

Seohyun:”Ugh jinjja you... fine…. You win Oppa..”

Seohyun then handed the box to Yonghwa. He was really excited to find out what was in the box. He carefully opened it and was surprised to see a silver necklace with a star pendant in the middle which had their initials engraved on it: YS <3. 

He was deeply touched.

Seohyun:”This is Oppa’s and this is mine.”

Seohyun smiled as she pulled hers out from under her blouse's collar. Yonghwa was speechless and was just in awe as he died from happiness inside.

Yonghwa:”Juhyun ah… This is beautiful… Thank you. I’ll wear it at all times. I will cherish this forever, I promise. I really love it.”

Yonghwa then pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her forehead. Seohyun was glad that he liked it and could really see he was really sorry for earlier on. Yonghwa just thought that he was the world’s happiest man and there was nothing else he could ask for.

-End of flashback-

 

Seohyun was lying in bed with needles poking everywhere on her two arms. She lifted her left hand as she fiddled with the necklace that was around her neck. She started to blame God, why was he so unfair? Why her of all people? Why he had to make the people around her suffer more than she has to? But most of all, why made her leave the man she loved so much. Tears started to flow down her face as she closed her eyes and thoughts of guilt and self blames started to occur. She needed to see Yonghwa. She missed him so much. She wanted to say her last goodbyes before they part forever. She turned to her side table that was beside her bed. She grabbed her phone and mustered all the courage she had left in her as she slowly dialed Yonghwa’s number. She was shaking so much, hoping that he would pick up.

 

-At CNblue’s dorm-

* ‘My Goddess’ calling*

He was hesitating whether to pick up or not. He knew that he was definitely going to go soft once he hears her voice again. However, he reminded himself in his head that she, was nothing but another person walking on the face of the earth. He summoned all the courage he had as he picked up and sternly said,

YH:”What do you want.”

SH:”Oppa…….”

‘Ahhhhhh…..’ Yonghwa thought. The ‘oppa’ that Seohyun always calls him. It felt different to him as compared to when other girls addressed him that. As if the word ‘Oppa’ was only made for Seohyun to call him that. However, it was a tone of ‘oppa’ that he had never heard from Seohyun before. He quickly shooked his head hard as he reminded himself what she did to him, which brought out the anger in him. 

SH:"…………..Oppa? Are u there?”

YH:”Don’t Oppa me. Hurry up and say what you want to say. I’m busy.”

SH: ‘Oppa…Let’s meet.”

YH:”I told you I’m busy. Besides, we have nothing to talk about. Have you not hurt me enough? What do you want from me now?”

SH:”Oppa, I just want to meet you one last time and talk.”

YoH:”We’ve nothing to talk about Seohyun-shii.”

“Seohyun-shii?” Seohyun thought. Her heart froze and broke into another million pieces, as tears just rolled down her face. She tried her best to not show it and replied,

SH:”Oppa. Please I beg you.”

As much as Yonghwa did want to see her, he still missed her.

YH:”Fine. Where.”

SH:”Our… Old place…”

Yonghwa quickly hung up as he treid his best to hold his tears as well. He grabbed his jacket and left the house.

 

-At Seohyun’s ward-

Seohyun breathed in and exhaled slowly to calm herself down. Now she is going to have to leave the hospital discretely. She slowly removed all the needles that were in many places of her two arms as she bared and endured the pain. She turned to her left and opened the drawer of the side table. She took out the neatly folded clothes that she wore while on the way to the hospital. She quickly changed and for the last time, she lifted the star pendant of the necklace to her lips and gently kissed it. She left the ward slowly and carefully while being cautious of her surroundings to make sure no one sees her. She left the hospital safely without getting caught. She went downstairs and managed to grab a cab. She pulled the crumpled notes that were inside her phone case and paid the taxi driver. She looked up to the top of the hill and already saw Yonghwa’s back, waiting in his black leather jacket as he stood under the tree, as the wind blew his hair. How she wished she could just run up to him and give him a hug, but she maintained her emotions. She managed to climb up the tall and steep hill as she finally reached the top. However, her energy was draining fast and the pounding in her head was coming back. But, she endured it and acted as normal as possible. She pulled out the words that were stuck deep in .

Seohyun:”Oppa…" She muttered.

Yonghwa turned around and looked into her eyes. There was something different about her gaze, like her aura was different. She looked pale as he could not see the usual hyped up and cheery energy she always had. That energy was gone. Although the night was dark, he could clearly see her pale skin and her dry lips. How he so wanted to just kiss them. She looked much weaker to him, he felt sorry and his heart ached again. Not because of the pain she caused him, but the pain of not being there for her.

Yonghwa:”What do you want?”

He asked in a gentler tone as compared to before.

Seohyun:” I just want to see you once more Oppa….”

Her hand unconsciously moved forward to his face as she wanted to place her hand on his face. Yonghwa who saw that was longing for her touch but quickly snapped back to reality as he caught her wrist and puts it down.

Seohyun:”Oppa…”

Seohyun muttered. She was almost on the verge of crying.

Yonghwa:”Seohyun-Shii, I don’t think this is appropriate. Please show some respect to me and yourself.”

Seohyun was shocked that Yonghwa had already treated her as a complete stranger. She could not control them and finally tears started gushing out.

Yonghwa:”What more do you want me to do? Haven’t you hurt me enough? Without even telling me what I did and you just ended it like that?!.”

Yonghwa unknowingly raised his voice as he was furious. Seohyun got slightly intimidated but she could totally understand why he wa acting this way. How she so much wanted to just tell him what happened, but restrained as one wrong word said could ruin all her efforts trying to keep everything from him.

Yonghwa:”Oh and……………… Here, I should return this back to you. I don’t think I have any reason to be keeping this.”

Yonghwa took of the necklace that was around his neck. After he took it off, the pendant suddnely lost it’s sparkle. He handed it over to Seohyun and said his last words before leaving.

Yonghwa:”Live well.. I don’t think we’ll be seeing each other anymore. Don’t look for me anymore. I don’t deserve it.”

He said it in a cold and harsh tone.

Seohyun:”No…Oppa…No…”

Before Seohyun could even come back to her senses to stop him, he had already left. She cried and cried watching him turn his back on her as he got smaller and smaller into the distance and eventually, he was gone. Seohyun was in total denial. Her knees went weak and she eventually collapsed on to the ground at the top of the hill. Her hand still holding Yonghwa’s necklace tightly. She slowly lost her consciousness in the dark night.

 

-At SNSD’s Manager’s House-

*RING RING RING*

Manager: *yawnnnn* Hello… whose this?”

…………….

…………….

…………….

Manager: “WHAT?! SHE’S MISSING? I’ll…I’ll come right over!”

The manager got a call from the hospital saying Seohyun is missing. He was frantic as he thought of what to do next. “Yes, pick the kids up first…” He thought. He left his house as he made his way to the van. He sped up and stepped on the accelerator harder. He soon reached the girls’ dorm and immediately gave Taeyeon a call.

……………

……………

……………

Taeyeon:”Got it Oppa!”

Taeyeon hung up and started screaming to get everyone to get up.

Taeyeon:”YAH!!!! EHDUEL AH!!! WAKE UP NOW!”

Taeyeon’s voice boomed in the dorm. She did not care whether she was going to wake up the other neighbours living in the building. Her first priority was to find Seohyun first.

The girls quickly woke up and changed as they rushed down to the van. They zoomed to the hospital and the girls ran up to Seohyun’s ward, together with their manager. They saw a team of nurses running here and there in hopes of finding Seohyun still in the hospital’s premises. There was a nurse who was waiting from them to arrive, the same nurse who called their manager to inform him that their maknae was missing. 

Taeyeon immediately started probing the nurse.

Nurse:” I was patrolling around the wards. However, when I looked in to her ward she was gone.”

The nurse said while feeling apologetic and guilty.

Nurse:”I’m sorry. I should’ve kept a closer watch on her.”

Taeyeon:”It’s okay. Its not your fault. She’s always stubborn like that.”

Taeyeon was slightly mad at Seohyun's stubborness. But she knew there was no time to be mad at her now. Finding her is the most important thing now. 

Nurse:”Since you all are here, I shall go help out to find her.”

Hyoyeon:”I’ll go too.”

Sunny:”Same, I’ll go find her as well.”

Yoona:”Where is she anyway?”

Yoona asked as her heart worried for her little sister.

Tiffany:”I’ll call her..”

*The number you are trying to reach is currently-----*

Tiffany:”Its off.”

Taeyeon:”My god Juhyun ah.... Where are you?”

Jessica:”Ahhh.. the park nearby here. Maybe she might be there!”

Yuri:”Let's go there then!”

Taeyeon:”Okay, call us if you find her.”

Yuri and Jessica:”Got it!”

Tiffany:”Where would she be right now?”

 

-Flashback-

Seohyun was sneakily trying to leave the dorm but was caught by Taeyeon.

Taeyeon:”Seo Juhyun. Where do you think you’re going at such a late hour.”

Seohyun:”Ahhhhh.. Unnie.. please just let me go… Please…”

Seohyun was begging as hard as she could, trying to convince her leader Unnie.

Taeyeon:”At least tell me where you’re going. You’re going to meet Yonghwa aren’t you?”

Seohyun:”As expected, I can’t hide from my smart Unnie.”

Seohyun cheekily giggled.

Taeyeon:”That doesn’t work on me Seo Juhyun. You are not going anywhere it's so late already.”

Seohyun:”Unnie please… I'm going to the hill to meet Yonghwa Oppa. Please Unnie let me go.. I’ll be back early. I promise.”

Taeyeon:”You better keep that promise. I better see you back in 2 hours.”

Seohyun:”Got it Unnie! I love you!”

As she hugged her unnie and left the house in lighting speed.

Taeyeon:”Aigooo.. This kid…”

-End of flashback-

 

Taeyeon:”I think I know where she is.”

 

-To be continued-

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-A/N :Hey everyone, it's been awhile hasn't it? Haha it's only been 2-3 days XD. I've been writing a little bit everyday whenever I had time. I promised that this chapter would not be a disappointment and I hope it isn't. I'll update soon, as I finished some of my projects I have so I'll have a little more time on hand to update. Once again thank you to my awesome readers for your support. Be sure to comment! I read every single one of read them :) Till next time, BYE!!-