Chapter 11: Trust Me, Trust Yourself

I'm Sorry... but I Love You

The girls were dead tired by the time they returned to their dorm as they fell into a deep sleep. Taeyeon, however could not fall asleep. Her roommate Sunny was already fast asleep, so she did not on the lights. She laid down on her bed as she stared at the ceiling. Many things went through her mind. She recalled the first time Seohyun told the members her relationship with Yonghwa.

 

-Flashback-

Sometime earlier this year, at around 12 midnight, the 9 girls settled down in the living room after a long day of schedules. However, strangely none of them could fall asleep so decided to have a talk like they always have in the past. A time where all 9 of them can pour out their problems to one another. All of them sat down in a circle in the middle of the room. They were dressed in their pajamas as they hugged their pillows comfortably. They dimmed the lights, and just like every normal group girls, they began their casual deep talks. Jessica sighed as she began the conversation.

Jessica:"Yah... Can't believe it's been already.. what.."

She stared up and mouthed some words as she counted with her fingers.

Jessica:"Woah... It's been already 8 years?"

All of the girls sighed and nodded  as they thought about their long journey they walked together as 9. Each and every one of them reminisced about the times. The good and the bad. The sad and the happy. It's been a real eventful long road indeed. They thought about their hardships they faced and countless adversities that stumbled their way. The thought of these memories made some of the girls teared up. They were truly grateful for one another, they were a family that no one or nothing could break through. Through their bond, they trust. Slowly one by one, they opened up and talked about their problems they had. When one of them talked, the 8 others would attentively listen and gave advices when they could. Even the kid leader, Taeyeon who is known to bottle things up and suffer everything by herself often, have eventually spilled her pains. The dongsaengs listened as they cried, never knowing that their leader was going through so much. All but one, have not said anything. Ever since they sat down, Seohyun have not spoken a single word as she was only listening to her Unnies talking and pouring out their problems. She was hesitating whether to pour whatever was on her mind or heart. She felt really guilty for feeling this way as they were family and she felt that she should not be keeping things from family. However, she was really afraid at how her Unnies would react upon hearing what she had to say. So she kept mum, until Sooyoung pondered for awhille as she turned to Seohyun and said,

Sooyoung:"Yah, Seo Juhyun ah.. You haven't said anything right?"

The members, suddenly remembered that Seohyun has not said her part yet as all of them were too immersed into their conversations. They felt bad for forgetting about Seohyun. Seohyun was slightly taken aback when Sooyoung called her out. She thought that she could keep this in until this entire talk was over.

Seohyun:"Huh...Uhh.. I've nothing to say..."

She said awkwardly, trying to cover up as she scratched the back of her head. 

However, nothing could change the way Seohyun acts when she lies. Her unnies immediately attacked her.

Hyoyeon:"Yah. Seo Juhyun. You think we wouldn't know when you're lying?"

Seohyun:"Huh..?"

Seohyun still trying to keep the show going, acting like she didn't know what her Unnie was talking about. Her unnies immediately started forcing her to spill it out. Seohyun was a little intimidated as she did not know what to do. Things got a little out of hand, so Taeyeon stepped in. She quickly shushed the girls.

Taeyeon:"Yah. Yah.. Be quiet it's like 1 in the morning. Let her speak."

Seohyun pulled a long face as she looked down. Taeyeon immediately came to Seohyun's side as she placed her arm around her shoulder comforting her like a mother. She could tell that something was bothering Seohyun real bad, as she was seldom this quiet.

Taeyeon:"Juhyun ah... Tell us what's bothering you... Hmm...? We're family right?"

Seohyun kept quiet as a thousand questions started popping in her head. Whether or not should she say it. She knew how protective her Unnies were. If they knew, they would go crazy. Taeyeon could see that Seohyun was feeling very pressured as all 8 of her Unnies were staring straight at her waiting for her to say something. Hesitance took over her. Taeyeon decided not to force her anymore as she was old enough to decide what is good for her, what is right and wrong. But she felt a little bitter inside thinking if Seohyun does not trust her Unnies or if she did not think of them as family. She removed her arm around Seohyun as she said,

Taeyeon:"It's okay Juhyun ah if you do not want to say it... We won't force you. Whenever you feel comfortable and ready, we're here..."

The mood and atmosphere immediately dampened upon Taeyeon's words. Nobody spoke a word since as all of them awkwardly stared down or were looking at the cellphones. Seohyun's heart sank after Taeyeon said that. She felt really bad and guilty. She took a deep breath and exhaled. She decided to tell them. Besides, she could not hide it forever and they will eventualy find out. When that happens, it will a be a bloody scene. They were family afterall, she thought.

Seohyun:"I...."

Everyone immediately looked up and stopped whatever they were doing, as they gave Seohyun their fullest attention.

Seohyun brought out all the courage she had in her as she softly said.

Seohyun:"I'm..Dating... Yonghwa Oppa....."

Her words were muffled and soft but they definitely heard Yonghwa's name. They got more curious as they probed her further.

Yuri:"What... Did.. You say?"

Seohyun was really scared, looking at her Unnies expressions, she felt uneasy. She sighed as she said it once more. Louder. Firmer.

Seohyun:"I'm dating Yonghwa Oppa."

Her Unnies opened their mouths in disbelief. Were they hearing things? Their Maknae dating? A thousand questions popped up in their minds thinking what was going on. 

"WHAT?!"

The 8 of them exclaimed. Seohyun's body jerked up at the sudden exlamation. She did not know what to say or how to react. She just kept still and quiet.

Hyoyeon:"When..?!"

Yoona:"How?!"

Sunny:"Where..?!"

All of them started attacking her with a thousand and one questions as they asked in a very anxious tone. Seohyun was very flustered as when she wanted to answer one question, another question would pop up. She did not know what to do. Taeyeon saw the look on her face.

Taeyeon:"YAH! CHOYONGYIHAE! (Be quiet)"

As she quickly sileneced her dongsaengs.

Seohyun started to speak. 

Seohyun:"I knew Unnie-dul would react like this, so I was hesitating whether to say it."

All of Unnies looked down, feeling bad for making their Maknae feel that way. But they could not help it, they were just like any normal over protective older sisters that would do the same if their kid sister were to have a boyfriend.

Seohyun continued,

Seohyun:"Yonghwa Oppa and I have met for some time. But we decided to tell our members only when the time is right. We decided from the beginning that until our relationship is stable, will then we would tell our family and members."

The girls nodded their head, as they understood why Seohyun waited this long to break the news to them.

Yuri:"So have you told your parents yet?"

Seohyun:"Not yet... I'm telling Unnie-dul first..."

Seohyun decided to tell her first members first as they were the hardest to convince. Her parents would be easier as they always gave Seohyun the freedom to do whatever she wanted to.

Sunny:"So... How did it happen?"

All the girls had their ears wide opened as they waited for Seohyun to continue.Seohyun felt a little embarrassed as she let out an awkward laughter. Her face was flushed red.

Seohyun:"Ehhh... Uhhmmm..."

Seohyun did not know where to start.

Yoona:"Go on..."

Seohyun scratched the back of her head as she continued,

Seohyun:"Well... After WGM, we remained as friends first but kept in close contact. We were really friends I swear.... Until...."

Hyoyeon:"Until....?"

Wide smiles appeared on the girls faces as they anticipated what happened next.

Seohyun:"Until... Mid last year, he asked me out... And I said yes...."

Her Unnies were going crazy as they squealed hearing the cute confession. They kept teasing their Maknae except Taeyeon, who kept silent and had a straight face on.

Seohyun:"Mianhaeyo Unnie-dul... I didn't mean to keep from you all, but we really wanted to wait until the time was right."

Seohyun apologised as she felt guilty for keeping it from them for so long.

Sooyoung:"It's fine Juhyun ah... As long as you're happy, we're happy for you too. We give you our blessings."

Yuri:"That's right Juhyun ah!"

Tiffany:"Yeah... As long as he doesn't hurt you! Or else, all 8 of us are going to come after him!"

Seohyun laughed and was really glad that her Unnies were understanding, but more importantly, she was really grateful that she was able to recieve blessings from one of the most important people in her life.

Tiffany:"Right Taeyeon?"

Tiffany nudged Taeyeon, but Taeyeon did not respond as she stared into space. The mood dampened, as they were worried about their leader.

Tiffany:"Waegeurae Taeyeon ah?"

Tayeon:"Mmmm... Nothing.."

Seohyun and the rest definitely sensed something was up with their leader.

Seohyun:"Unnie...."

She said, trying to get Taeyeon to respond. Taeyeon was not liking the idea of this. She was afraid that Seohyun would get hurt. She was really protective of Seohyun. Taeyeon looked at Seohyun straight into her eyes.

Taeyeon:"Juhyun ah...Are you sure? I don't want you to get hurt."

Seohyun who did not know how to reply,

Seohyun:"Unnie... I really love him... Please give us a chance."

Taeyeon sighed as she objected,

Taeyeon:"Andwae."

Taeyeon said it firmly as she crossed her arms. The other members tried to help out.

Jessica:"Taeyeon ah, Juhyun has never dated ever in her life. Now that a man whom she truly loves showed up in her life, shouldn't we give them a chance?"

Tiffany:"Jess's right Taeyeon ah, give them a chance yeah?"

Seohyun started showing her aegyo as she shook Taeyeon's arm as she tried to convince her leader Unnie.

Seohyun:"Unnie..."

Tayeon:" *Sigh...* Arrasso..."

Seohyun:"YEAH! SARANGHAE UNNIE!"

She enveloped Taeyeon into a tight hug.

Taeyeon:"However, under one conditon."

Taeyeon said, as she pulled Seohyun away from her and she held onto her shoulders.

Taeyeon:"If he hurts you, if he makes you cry, if he causes pain to you. That's it. No buts, no reasoning. End of story. The end. You hear me?"

The Unnies nodded, as they agreed with Taeyeon on this point.

Tiffany:"I can't help you with that, I'm on Taeyeon's side on this one."

The 6 others said in unison,

"So are we."

Seohyun sighed in relief that her biggest worry was finally off her shoulders. She nodded in agreement.

Seohyun:"Arrasoyo Unnie-dul. Gomawoyo."

Yoona:"He'll have a taste of my fist is he hurts you."

Yoona said cheekily, everyone laughed.

Tiffany:"GROUP HUG!"

The girls got into a circles as they hugged and thought tonight was a really a good night. They got to relief their stress, share their problems but most of all, they got to know that their baby Maknae is no longer a baby now anymore. They were proud that their little one was finally all grown up.

By the time they were done with their talk it was already 2am.

Taeyeon clapped as she said,

Taeyeon:"Ja, everyone to their rooms now. Lights out! Schedules starts at 9am tomorrow."

Taeyeon ordered her members and her dongsaengs obdiently followed.

-End of flashback-

 

Taeyeon was still in her bed, thinking and reminiscing. Suddenly, Sunny woke up wanting to use the washroom. She stood up and was surprised to see Taeyeon still awake staring into space.

Sunny:"Taengoo ah, why aren't you sleeping?"

Taeyeon suprised by Sunny's voice, sat up.

Taeyeon:"Huh? Oh... I was.. just thinking about some things?"

Sunny sat down on Taeyeon's bed as she asked,

Sunny:"What are you thinking about? Anything bothering you? If it's about Juhyun, don't worry about it, it'll all be over soon."

Sunny said as she comforted Taeyeon.

Taeyeon:"Ani... I'm thinking about Juhyun, but I'm not thinking about that."

Sunny gave a confused look as she waited for Taeyeon to continue.

Taeyeon:"Sunkyu ah, do you remember that night when we had the talk? That night when we found out Juhyun was dating Yonghwa?"

Sunny pondered for awhile.

Sunny:"Oh yeah, I remember that night. That news was a real shocker indeed."

The both of them chuckled.

Taeyeon:"Yeah... I was thinking about that night... She has really grown up..."

Sunny sighed as she replied,

Sunny:"Yes she has... Look at us, Single as a mingle."

The both of them broke into laughter, when suddenly they remembered the members were asleep. They immediately stopped as they lowered their volume.

Taeyeon:"Yeah... I'm just really glad she has grown up well, and have met a man she really loves. I guess I was wrong about Yonghwa before. He really is a good man."

Sunny:"I'm proud of this little sister as well."

They stayed silent for a couple seconds, thinnking about their kid sister. 

Taeyeon:"Oh yeah, why are you up?"

Sunny thought for a second.

Sunny:"Oh yeah.. I'm so supposed to go to the toilet. I suddenly remembered."

Taeyeon giggled at her friend. Sunny quickly walked to the door, and turned around.

Sunny:"Go sleep Taenggoo ya, we've a long day afterwards."

Taeyeon:"Arraso, you quickly go back to sleep too after your pee trip."

Taeyeon teased Sunny. Sunny quietly said "Yah." and left the room.

Taeyeon thought:"That's right.. It's gonna be a long day." and fell asleep...

 

-The next day-

The girls as well as Yonghwa arrived at the hospital early in the morning. Her parents unfortunately was unable to make it as Seohyun mom was still not in the condition to leave the bed yet. However, the girls promised to inform them when necessary. All of them were anxious as the day have finally arrived. With every Surgery comes with a percentage of risks involved. They were all very scared. The nurses prepared Seohyun for the operation as the doctor was outside briefing the girls and Yonghwa the procedure of the operation as they attentively listened. The doctor reassured them,

Doctor:"I'll do my best..."

Taeyeon:"Yes doctor, please bring my Maknae back."

Taeyeon said, as her anxious heart was pounding really fast and hard.

Yonghwa:"We'll put her in the hands of yours now doctor."

Yonghwa said with full of sincerity in his eyes.

Doctor:"She'll be fine, I promise..."

The doctor said as he placed his hand on Yonghwa's shoulder.

At the same time, the nurses came out from the ward and one of them approached the crowd outiside the ward.

Nurse:"Miss Seo, would like to see you all..."

Doctor:"Go ahead, we'll be back in half an hour."

He said as he smiled. He whispered something to the nurse and they left the area to give them some alone time with one another.

The girls and Yonghwa said in unison

"Kamsahamnida!"

Yonghwa told the girls to go in first as he waited outside for his turn.

Taeyeon:"Arraso, then Tiffany and I will go in first."

The rest of the girls sat down as they waited for their turns.

They took careful steps to the ward's door, Taeyeon opened the door and, they saw Seohyun all dressed up for the operation in a blue gown. She looked alot better, and looked much happier as well.

The Unnies got excited as they exclaimed,

"Juhyun ah!"

Seohyun got a shock as she looked up and was elated to see her Unnies standing at the door.

Seohyun:"Unnie!"

They walked in and sat down by her bedside

Taeyeon:"Juhyun ah.. You look much better now."

Taeyeon said as she her Maknae's head. Seohyun smiled as she suddenly remembered,

Seohyun:"Where's Yonghwa Oppa?"

Tiffany got slightly annoyed as she said,

Tiffany:"Aisshh... You only care about your Yonghwa Oppa...Woori Unnie-dul are invisible aren't we?"

Tiffany teasingly pouted and pulled a long face.

Seohyun:"Aniyo Unnie...."

Tiffany:"Taeyeon ah... Woori Makane has changed she doesn't want us anymore. Gaja."

Tiffany continued to tease Seohyun as she and Taeyeon pretended to get up for their chairs and were about to leave. Seohyun immediately held them back.

Seohyun:"Ah... Unnie.. Geurojimayo... (Don't be like this...)"

Tiffany:"Arraso.. We're just kidding."

Taeyeon:"He's outside okay? He isn't going to go anywhere. Pay some attention to us Juhyun ah, we're jealous."

Taeyeon added. Seohyun blushed as she gave a cheeky smile. The conversation soon got a little more serious as Taeyeon asked,

Taeyeon:"Are you scared Juhyun ah?"

Seohyun smiled brightly and confidently replied,

Seohyun:"Ahniyo."

Taeyeon and Tiffany were slightly taken aback. 

Tiffany:"Wae?"

Seohyun:"Because I've Unnie-dul by my side..."

Tiffany and Taeyeon was really touched to hear that from their Maknae.

Taeyeon her head and pulled her into a hug.

Taeyeon:"Aigoo... Woori Maknae is all grown up, I kinda miss the little kid you were back then..."

Seohyun hugged Taeyeon tighter as she said,

Seohyun:"I'm always your little kid Unnie. Gomawoyo Unnie..."

Tiffany was watching the whole thing as she stepped in,

Tiiffany:"Yah.... What about me.. I'm jealous..."

Tiffany pouted as she crossed her arms.

Taeyeon pulled Tiffany in and all 3 of them hugged.

Tiffany:"Juhyun ah... You'll be home soon okay?"

Seohyun smiled as she replied,

Seohyun:"Nae Unnie..."

Taeyeon:"Alright, we'll see you in a bit alright?"

Seohyun nodded. Taeyeon and Tiffany then left the room. The girls went in pair after pair, laughing, talking and shedding a little tears even. Finally, it was Yonghwa's turn. He approached the door and opened it. Seohyun who saw her man, got really happy as she exclaimed,

Seohyun:"Oppa!"

Yonghwa smiled hearing her voice.

Yonghwa:"Juhyun ah...."

He smiled as he hugged her. He sat down as his hand was interlocked with hers.

Yonghwa:"Aigoo.. Did you cry?"

Seohyun:"A little, Unnies made me cry a little just now when we were talking."

Yonghwa used his thumb as he wiped off the tears under her eyes.

Yonghwa:"How're you feeling today?"

He asked as he carrassed her face and neatly arranged her hair, tucking her lose strands behind her ears.

Seohyun:"Alot better Oppa...."

Yonghwa:"That's great to hear..."

Yonghwa smiled as he replied in his warm and soothing voice.

Seohyun smile suddenly faded, Yonghwa who saw the change in her expressions asked,

Yonghwa:"Waegeurae Juhyun ah?"

Seohyun took a deep breath and continued,

Seohyun:"Oppa... I'm really scared... Taeyeon Unnie asked me if I was scared just now, but I said I wasn't because I didn't want her to worry. But honestly, deep down I'm really scared. What if I don't make it. What if I do, but something happens again in the future. So many what ifs... I'm really scared. I'm really scared to hope. Hope is a really dangerous thing. I don't want leave my Unnies and my family. I don't want to leave you Oppa..."

Yonghwa listened to his girl poured her heart out as he grasped her hand tighter.

Yonghwa:"Juhyun ah... You have us around don't you? We'll be with you till' the end. Just imagine us with you, let us be your source of comfort. Why care about the future now, when you can grasp and enjoy each and every moment with your loved ones now? It doesn't matter what happens in the future, because whatever comes your way, your Unnies and I will protect you alright? It's a promise I made for the rest of my life. I, Jung Yonghwa will protect you, Seo Juhyun until the end of time. Just trust your Unnies, trust God, trust yourself, trust me..."

Seohyun just looked down, as teardrops fell onto the blankets that were covered her legs.

Yonghwa:"Seo Juhyun, do you trust me?"

Seohyun looked up at her man with tears in her eyes. She nodded.

Yonghwa:"Then trust me, you'll be fine. You'll be reunited with you Unnies and your family soon. You'll be reunited with me very soon..."

Yonghwa leaned forward as his lips landed on hers. Their last kiss before anything else happens. To be honest, Yonghwa himself was scared, but he trusts her. He trusts that she would not just leave them behind. He trusts that she would not leave him alone. Seohyun placed her arms around his neck as Yonghwa roamed her back. Their tongues intertwined as silence and their love making filled the air. Just at this time, the doctor stepped in. He did not want to ruin the moment, but it was really time for Seohyun to go. The doctor cleared his throat to get their attention.

Doctor:"*ahem* I'm sorry to disturb..."

The two of them immediately let go of each other and were flushed in total embarrassment. 

Doctor:"Seohyun-shii, it's time to go now..."

Seohyun:"N-ae... I'll get ready."

Seohyun awkwardly and hastily replied.

Yonghwa whispered to her,

"We'll be waiting for you..."

He kissed her forehead one last time and left the room. The doctor walked closer to Seohyun as he briefed her about the operation.

Doctor:"Are you ready?"

Seohyun nodded,

Seohyun:"Nae..."

Doctor:"Then let's do this, shall we?"

The nurses wheeled Seohyun out of her ward. The girls and Yonghwa immediately surrounded Seohyun while the bed was being wheeled on the way to the operation theater. Taeyeon held onto her hand as she said,

Taeyeon:"Maknae, my strong kid sister, you can do this. I believe in you..."

She said as she her head.

Seohyun smiled and and nodded. 

Her unnies were all showering her with strong encouragements. Seohyun felt 200% stronger upon hearing her Unnies' words.

Yonghwa:"What did I tell you? Trust me, trust yourself. You can do this Seo Juhyun."

Finally they reached the operation theater and Seohyun was wheeled in. They could no longer go any further and could only wait outside. The doctor was all geared up for the operation as he said one final statement of reassurance.

Doctor:"This will be the last time she'll ever step into this theater ever again, I promise."

All of them nodded and the Doctor entered the operation theater as well.

The girls as well as Yonghwa waited impatiently outside as they prayed to God, that their girl will be home in no time. The operation was going to take awhile, they sat down as nobody spoke as they just waited. They could not do anything now but wait...

Taeyeon thought :"Please, God, please bless this kid sister of mine, that the operation would go smoothly..."

 

 

-Inside the operation theater-

Seohyun had an oxygen mask over and nose. She laid on the cold and hard operation table as the doctor came and spoke a few words to her. Before the operation, the doctor had to make sure that the patient is aware of what was going on.

Doctor:"Seohyun-shii, can you hear me?"

Seohyun nodded.

Doctor:"Do you know what we're going to do?"

Seohyun spoke muffled words through the oxygen mask.

Seohyun:"You're gonna remove the tumor in my head."

Doctor:"That's right, we're going to remove it once and for all. Are you ready?"

Seohyun nodded.

Seohyun:"Nae."

Yonghwa's words ran through her mind,

 

"Trust me, trust yourself..."

 

Doctor:"Alright then, pass me the anesthetic."

The doctor told one of the nurses. The doctor injected the anesthetic and Seohyun's eyes soon got heavier and heavier. Very quickly, she was in a state of a temporary coma. The doctor then began on the long surgery.....

 

-To be continued-

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-A/N: Hey everyone! Finally updated. Sorry if i focused on SNSD in the beginning too much. I just really like writing their interactions with one another. Hope you like this chapter, I've been working on it for a few days already and now it's brought to you guys. As always, thanks for reading, thanks for your support and please do comment, i read every one of them! i get really happy reading them, they always make my day :) alright, the next one will be up soon, once i'm done.. till' next time, bye!! :D <3-