Chapter 3: Pain Again

I'm Sorry... but I Love You

-Flashback-

A week before their dance practice, Seohyun had been having the throbbing sharp pain in her head for awhile. It came and went, so she thought that probably it was just the stress and tiredness building up in her. She thought it was not neccessary to tell her unnies as she did want to worry them. But she decided to get it checked out anyway.

.........

-In the Doctor's Office-

Seohyun:"So, doctor what's up with me? The pain just gets worser day by day."

Doctor:"Miss Seo, I think you might want to prepare yourself."

The doctor's expression was not good, he had a very straight and stiff face on. At this point Seohyun was really worried looking at the doctor's expressions.

Seohyun:"What is it doc.........It's just a headache right?"

Seohyun asked hoping that it was really just a headache.

Doctor:"You've a tumor on the right side of your brain... It's a ticking time bomb. I'm afraid your time left is limited. "

Seohyun's heart suddenly froze and skipped a beat. She could'nt take the news but since it already happened there was nothing that could be done. She calmed herself down in her head and softly told the doctor,

Seohyun:"I understand..."

Seohyun tried her very best to stay as calm as possible.

Seohyun:"But doctor just promise me one thing. Even if anything happens to me in the future, let's just keep this between us for now."

Doctor:"Of course Miss Seo, it's my duty to keep a patient's condition confidential."

Seohyun:"Thank you doctor."

Seohyun bowed and left the doctor's room. Once she closed the room door, she just started crying in silence as she was afraid that someone might see her. Seohyun decided not to tell her her members, her family or Yonghwa. She was going to suffer silently alone.

-End of flashback-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

-Back at Seohyun's hospital ward-

 

The doctor was inside the ICU ward examining Seohyun while the rest of the girls were standing outisde. After finishing the examination, the doctor walked out while removing the stethoscope from his ears.

Taeyeon immediately ran up to the doctor,

Taeyeon:"I'm so sorry doctor about just now, please accept my apology."

Doctor:"Taeyeon-shii, it's okay, it's fine i understand."

Taeyeon:"Kamsahamnida doctor."

The doctor suddenly had a change in his expressions. It seemed like he wanted to say something but something was holding him back.

Doctor:"uhmm... uhh Taeyeon-shii, I don't know if I should be telling you this as Seohyun-Shii told me to keep this a secret. However, I think you should know."

The doctor decided that it was right that her members should know at this juncture. 

Taeyeon suddenly froze for a second. Her eyes widened while the rest of the girls were standing behind Taeyeon, not uttering a single word.

Taeyeon:"What...Is it doc?"

Taeyeon stuttured as she asked.

Doctor:"Actually Seohyun-shiii... She came to see me about a week ago... I told her about her condition, she was pretty calm about it though. She told me to keep this a secret from her members and family. She didn't want to worry them she said."

Taeyeon gasp, as her hand was over . Unable to recieve the news, she started to cry.

Doctor:"I thought you should know about this... Anyway, I'll take my leave now." 

The doctor bowed and left.

After the doctor left, Taeyeon started questioning what was going through Seohyun's mind at the time. She was even a little mad at her for not telling them about her condition.

Taeyeon:"This...Kid... What was she thinking... Juhyun ah... Why didn't you tell us....???"

Taeyeon stared through the glass panal looking at her kid sister. Watching her in pain.

Sooyoung:"Juhyun ah...."

Everyone was just staring through the huge glass panel enclosing their maknae. They were looking at Seohyun suffering with so many tubes attached to her. All the girls just started bawling in tears. Afraid that they'll never see their Maknae again. All of them started to blame themselves, why didn't they pay more attention to her and cared more about her.

Tiffany and Taeyeon went into the ward while the others waited outside for their turns. Their steps got heavier as they approached Seohyun's souless body lying on the bed. Tiffany sat down as she held on to Seohyun's ice cold hand tightly. She wanted to speak but as if something was stuck at the back of , no words were coming out. Tears were just flowing uncontrollably down her face. She couldn't be bothered to wipe them off. Taeyeon who was standing behind Tiffany, placed her hands on Tiffany's shoulders as a sign of comfort.

Finally, Tiffany spoke the words she had been wanting to say.

Tiffany:"Juhyun ah..... Wake up.... Stop playing with us.... This isn't funny, wake up Juhyun ah...You silly kid. I miss you. Get up and hit us unnies, tease us, nag at us. Do whatever you want. Just wake up.. please.. Juhyun I beg you.." 

Tiffany was crying so badly. Her words were nearly incoherent.

Taeyeon watched Tiffany cry which made her want to just let it all out as well. However, she held it in as hard as she could.

Taeyeon:"Tiff, Don't cry.. Juhyun...She's... She's just taking a break she's just gonna nap for awhile and wake up.. Don't worry. Right Ju hyun? Ha..Ha.."

Tayeon was just hallucinating herself thinking that it'll be all alright.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, worried for her leader.

Tiffany:"Taeyeon ah... Are you alright?"

Taeyeon:"Yeah...I'm fine."

Taeyeon was just staring at Seohyun's face which was getting paler by the minute. She missed that smile on her face. This little sister just meant too much to her, or in fact to the rest of the girls. They cannot afford to lose her. She was too important to them. 

Now it was Taeyeon's turn.  She sat down and held on to Seohyun's hand which was already warmed by Tiffany's hand.

Taeyeon:"Juhyun ah... You'll wake up right? If you're not, Girls' Generation will disband this instance. So you better wake up right now."

Taeyeon tried to joke with Seohyun. She was trying so hard to hold back her tears to the point her eyes were starting to hurt. Tiffany who saw that Taeyeon was still trying to put up her strong image said,

Tiffany:"Tae, just let it out. It's no use to act strong now... Just let it out it's only us here..."

With that said, Taeyeon was just crying her eyes out, tears were falling like a waterfall. She was wailing so hard while holding onto Seohyun's hand. It was so loud that it startled the girls outside.

 

-Outside the ward-

Sunny:"Woah. What's wrong with Tae?"

All of them were worried, hearing Taeyeon crying this bad for the first time.

Jessica:"Just let her cry... She hasn't a chance to let it all out ever since this all happened."

The girls all nodded at Jessica's words. All feeling worse listening to their strong leader crumble.

-Back in the ward-

 

Tiffany:"That's it Tae... Just cry it all out okay? We're all here alright?"

Tiffany comforted her, as she Taeyeon's back.

Taeyeon started to calm down. She let go of Seohyun's hand and wiped her tears with the back of her hands.

Taeyeon:" *sniff sniff* yeah I'm fine...'

Tiffany pondered for awhile as she asked,

Tiffany:"Uhmm.. Tae?"

Taeyeon:"Hmmm..??"

Tiffany:"Should.. We tell Yonghwa?"

Taeyeon thought, "Oh yeah.. Yonghwa..". She totally forgotten about him ever since all of this happened.

Taeyeon:"I don't know if Juhyun would want to tell him or not though. I mean... She kept it from all of us what more from Yonghwa?"

Tiffany:"Yeah... But I think he should know though..."

Taeyeon just looked back at Seohyun and held her hand back.

Taeyeon:"We'll leave it to her..."

Suddenly, Taeyeon felt a movement from Seohyun's hand. Seohyun's eyes slowly opened a little by little.

Seohyun:"Un...Nie...."

Taeyeon & Tiffany:"JUHYUN AH!"

They exclaimed, both of them were feeling the rush of adrenaline hearing their Maknae's voice. They thought they were dreaming.

Seohyun:"Un..Nie.. Why are you..Crying..So much..Don't... Cry... Unnie."

Hearing her voice once more, assured them that this was not a dream.

Taeyeon:"OH MY GOD! JUHYUN AH YOU'RE AWAKE! Thank God Juhyun ah!"

Taeyeon started crying again, but this time it was tears of joy and relief.

Taeyeon:"QUICK TIFF GET THE DOCTOR."

Upon hearing Taeyeon's order, Tiffany jolted out of the room and on the way to find the doctor.

-Outside the ward-

 

Tiffany:"GIRLS..JUHYUN IS AWAKE!!!"

Suddenly the other girls lifted their heads.

Jessica:"For real?!? You can't be serious right??"

Tiffany:"I'M DEAD SERIOUS OUR MAKNAE AWAKE!"

Yuri:"THAT'S GREAT OH MY GOD!"

They were screaming so loudly in the hospital, that a nurse who was passing by said,

Nurse:"I'm sorry but this is a hospital, please lower your volume down as there are other patients resting."

The girls were embarrased and immediately apologised.

Sooyoung:"My prayers were answered after all. Thank you God."

Sunny:"She's awake...Thank God."

Hyoyeon:"Juhyun ah... Thank you.. For not leaving us behind."

The girls were all so happy and relieved that they all cried. Tiffany, who was so elated to tell the girls the news, forgot to go get the doctor.

Tiffany:"Oh wait, I need to go get the doctor. Be right back!"

 

-In Seohyun' ward-

The rest of the members had their faces plastered on the glass panel, staring at the doctor who was giving seohyun an examination. He walked out of the room while writing on his clipboard,

Taeyeon anxiously asked the doctor,

Taeyeon:"So...How's she?"

Docotor:"Well..It was a miracle she woke up. On primary examinations, she seems to be okay and out of danger for now. However, the tumor is still there and is only going to continue growing bigger and stronger and has to be removed. But, now that she's awake we can not proceed to the surgery. However just like how every surgery carry a certain percentage of risk, I cannot promise you that the surgery will be successful as the tumor is at a very dangerous postion in her brain.  We've to be careful. But if the tumor is removed, she can continue living her life as per normal, although there is a high chance of a relapse and if it does, it could be fatal."

Taeyeon:"So... What are the chances?"

Taeyeon braced herself.

The doctor sighed and said,

Doctor:"I'd say 50-50"

The girls all gasp and were really scared. Taeyeon suddenly got emotional again and she suddenly grabbed the doctor's arm and looked at him with desperation in her eyes.

Taeyeon:"You've to save her no matter what... We can't lose her... We can't afford to..."

Taeyeon suddenly started to bawl out again. Tiffany immediately went to calm Taeyeon down.

Tiffany:"Taeyeon ah, calm down. Just let the doctor do what he has to. I'm sure Juhyun will pull through just fine."

Doctor:"I'll do my best Taeyeon-shii. The operation will commence in a couple of days. Approximately a 10 hours surgery."

Jessica:"Thank you doctor."

Doctor:"Alright I shall go now. I'll come back later to check on her again."

The girls and the doctor exchanged bows and the doctor left.

Sunny:"Girls. You all must be hungry, I'll go get something to for all of you to eat."

Sunny said, as she thought that they have not gotten a bite ever since this all happened.

Yuri:"I'll go with you."

Taeyeon:"Mmmm... Okay."

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon as her energy was slowly draining away. She looked souless.

Tiffany:" Taeyeon ah, you sure you don't want to take a rest? You look really pale."

Taeyeon:"I'm fine... For our kid, I will not fall.. Don't worry girls...I'm fine."

Tiffany and the girls were so heartbroken looking at their leader still acting strong even up to this moment.

Jessica, Tiffany and Taeyeon went in to Seohyun's ward while the rest of the girls rested outside.

Taeyeon came to Seohyun's bed side and held her hand.

Seohyun:"Un...Nie..."

Taeyeon:"Shhhh...Don't talk. Rest." Seohyun wanted to sit up but was quickly stopped by Taeyeon.

Taeyeon:"No... Don't get up. Lie down..."

Seohyun:"But..Un..Nie.."

Taeyeon:"No buts. Just rest Juhyun ah."

Tiffany:"Yeah... She's right Juhyun ah. Just rest don't get up. Don't worry we aren't going anywhere. We're staying here with you. Don't be afraid little maknae."

Jessica:"Juhyun ah.. Hurry up and get welll so we can perform as 9 again. Not a single one less.."

Seohyun just gave a faint smile upon hearing her Unnies words and actions.

Seohyun:"Algaeseoyo Unnie dul... By the way could you promise me something?

Taeyeon:"What is it?"

Seohyun:"Please don't tell Yonghwa Oppa about this. Please?"

All of them were suprised that Seohyun would say something like that.

Jessica:"Juhyun ah... You sure you don't want to tell him?"

Taeyeon:"I knew you would say that. Alright. We won't, but he'll find out eventually."

Taeyeon reminded Seohyun. She can hide for awhile she cannot hide it forever.

Seohyun:"Yeah...I'll..I'll tell him soon when the time is right..."

Tiffany:"Oh and Juhyun ah... Here's your phone. Yonghwa has been calling you the whole day.He called me earlier, I could tell he was extremely worried. He asked where were you and how you were."

Seohyun got worried and asked,

Seohyun:"You didn't tell him right Unnie....?"

Tiffany:"Don't worry, I told him we were really busy with schedule and you had no time to answer phone calls and stuff."

Tiffany handed Seohyun her phone.

Seohyun:"Thank you Unnie."

Taeyeon:"Alright. We'll leave now okay. If there's anything we'll be outside. We won't be going anywhere we promise."

Seohyun just nodded and smiled. Her three Unnies soon left, leaving her alone in the room. Soehyun unlocked her phone and was shocked at the number of missed calls and text messages he sent. 

-Seohyun's text messages-

YH:Hyun?! Are you okay?

YH:Hello....Reply me when you see this.

YH:"Hyun..I'm worried reply me.

YH:"Hey. Say something.

Seohyun opened her voice mails and one of them said,

YH: "YAH SEO JUHYUN THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANSWER ME. I'M HELL OF WORRIED RIGHT NOW"

Seohyun felt really sorry and guilty towards Yonghwa.

Seohyun:"Oh my. How worried he must've been."

Seohyun gave a huge sigh but suddenly started crying. She didn't want to burden the man she loved dearly. He loved her so much. She knew that if he knew about her condition, he would give up his career and stayed by her side. She didn't want to see that happen. She knew that music was his second life and did not want him to give it up because of her. She loved him, and knew that her days were numbered. She did not want Yonghwa to suffer with her. She was determined to do it. She has to. She grabbed all the courage she had and dialed Yonghwa's number slowly. Seohyun's hand was trembling so bad because she felt really scared.

Yonghwa picked up really quickly.

YH:"YAH SEO JU HYUN WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER ME?"

Seohyun felt so sorry and was weaping quietly behind the phone.

YH:"Hyun? Are you crying? I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have raised my voice but I was legit worried about you. I'm sorry Hyun don't cry."

SH:"Oh no Oppa. I'm not crying I'm just tired from schedule. I should be sorry. I'm sorry I could not call back I was really busy."

YH:"It's fine Hyun.. At least you're alright that's all I need to know."

SH:"Oppa..."

YH:"Yeah Hyun?"

Seohyun picked up all the courage she had and finally she said,

SH:"Oppa... Let's break up..."

YH:"WHAT?! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

SH:"I'm sorry Oppa."

-*TOOT TOOT TOOT*-

And just like that, Seohyun hung up and turned off her phone, as she knew he would definitely call back again. She felt so sorry but she knew that this decision was the best for him. She just cried. Like she never before. But cried quietly as she did not want her Unnies outside to hear. Her heart was breaking in to pieces.

 

-In CNblue's dorm (YH's Room)-

Yonghwa:"WHAT THE ?!!??"

Yonghwa was just filled with rage and confusion. He did not know what he did wrong. He loved her so much and this was how she treated him? Breaking up over the phone? He was so angry that he wrecked whatever he saw in the room, while panting really hard. He tried to call again,

"The number you are trying to reach, is not----------"

Yonghwa just threw his phone on the floor and sat on the ground crying really hard. He saw a box on the table. He grabbed it and opened the box. It was a proposal ring that he bought. He was prepared to propose to Seohyun and live a happily ever after but it turned out like this.

His anger gauge just raised and he screamed again. Luckily, the rest of the CN members were not home.

Yonghwa:"AHHHHH!!!! SEO JU HYUN I HATE YOU!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!??!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!"

Yonghwa was really infuriated. 

Yonghwa:"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He threw the ring out of the window while screaming.

He sat on the floor while ruffling his hair. He cried and cried and cried.

 

But, little did he knew what Seohyun was going through and all that she had done, was solely for him.

 

-To be continued-

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-A/N: Hello again my awesome readers! I'm done with chapter 3 now. Tell me how you liked it in the comments below. Will update again soon! Until next time BY BYE!!!! :D AHNYEONG-