Chapter 1

If You Ever Come Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the eve of your 6th anniversary with Baekhyun and you feel nothing but excitement just by thinking about the dinner he asked you to. It was unusual for Baekhyun, though, to spill his plans of dinner since he would usually surprise you on the actual day. For 5 years, he made you feel that you’re the luckiest girl in the world even just by his simple acts. A subtle kiss on the forehead when you watch your favorite dramas. A back hug and a peck on your neck every morning while cooking his favorite breakfast. Phone calls that would last for hours just listening to him singing your favorite songs. Your favorite was actually listening to him sing “I just called to say I love you”. Sending you bouquets of roses almost every month making your officemates jealous of you for having a boyfriend like Byun Baekhyun. Indeed, he never fails to make you special.

 

You have already imagined spending the rest of your life with him and no one else. You would often bring up the topic about marriage and he would gladly add up to the details of your ideal wedding, house, honeymoon number of kids but what’s really important for you was to spend the rest of your life with him.

 

You prepared your gift for Baekhyun before going to bed. It was an expensive wristwatch which you were eyeing on for 2 years already and since you finally saved enough money for it, you were able to buy it as a special gift for your 6th anniversary.

 

The following morning, you expected a morning call from your longtime boyfriend but the first message that you received was from your mom saying that she’ll arrive in Korea in 2 days. It was odd since Baekhyun would call you even at dawn just to say his morning greetings but today was different.

 

“Maybe he’s still asleep.”, you sighed to yourself.

 

It was already 12 noon and no signs of Byun Baekhyun. Not even a single text message to say that he’s awake or maybe alive.

 

[Sent 12:03 pm] Babe you up? Happy Anniversary! I love you! Can’t wait to see you tonight. :)

[Sent 12:15 pm] Babe are you still sleeping?

[Sent 12:34 pm] Baaaaaaaaaaabbbeeeeeeeeeeee please let me know you’re aliveeeeeeee.

Babe [Received 1:24 pm] Yes I’m up. Sorry woke up late. Had to finish something for work. Happy Anniversary too, Babe.

[Sent 1:26 pm] Glad to know you’re alive! See you :*

 

“Why is his message so plain? No I love you or whatsoever.”, you complained. You took a bath and started preparing your clothes for tonight. You, however, still planned to go out before meeting Baekhyun since you forgot to buy some groceries just in case he plans to spend the night at your place. It was usual for Baekhyun to spend his weekends in your place since weekdays were meant for work. Today was no exception since it’s a Saturday.

 

You went to the nearby grocery to buy some of Baekhyun’s favorite food. You also picked up some flowers since you really love decorating your place with flowers even without any special event. You were just about to buy a cup of te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter