The Order of the Cane

The Stone and The Light bulb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

The Order of the Cane

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung's POV

 

 After my morning weather report, my personal assistant drove me to the office. When we were at the office, I asked her again to read bundles of news papers and summarized it for me later since I will be busy today and have no time for it.

 

 I called my secretary and asked her to accompany me to "Shang's restaurant" my uncle wants me to be there. He told me to dress well and so I did.  When Taeyeon and I arrived at the restaurant, I saw Leo Hwang with my uncle and his secretary Seohyun, he greeted me politely. 

 

“Hello Miss Choi , You look beautiful as ever." he tried to flirt with me but I reject him again right away 

 

"You know even if you come with my uncle, I will still not accept your offer." I said flatly but loud enough for my uncle to hear.

 

 I saw Leo look down with a sad look but it's better that way, he's a nice guy but I don't want to date him just for money.  I don't want to scam people again. I guess what my personal assistant said to Miss Kwon really hits me, that the poor man who works harder is better than a rich man who scams people because at least they have some dignity...  Dignity... I want to have it for once; I want to spare this guy's corporation for experiencing bankruptcy because of my manipulations.

 

 

  My uncle looked at me furiously and faked smile towards Leo as he goes to my side and grip my right shoulder tightly. I almost winced in pain because he just hit me right there the other day... But I controlled my emotions and look flat as possible. Something I mastered for all these years. My uncle speaks to Leo as he grips on my shoulders. 

 

"Ah, pardon Soo's behavior; she's just tired from work. You know she works all day." my uncle said as he fakes his smile

 

 “If you can't date me, can we be at least business partners?" Leo asked

 

 

I was about to say no but my uncle cut me off and said

 

 

"Why of course my dear Leo! We can, right Soo?"

 

 

 My uncle said as he grips on my shoulder tighter than before I winced in pain it hurts too much so I nodded. I saw Taeyeon looked at me like she's asking what's wrong with me but I gave her a little smile to assure her I'm okay.

 

 

 She turned in daze again, I don't know but every time I smiled at her she just shut down automatically.

 

 

"Good, my sister will come here also to discuss with you..."Leo smiled

 

 

I feel like my shoulder hurts so I sited at the table. I looked at Taeyeon she was still standing and in dazed so I shook her hands a bit and told her to sit beside me. 

 

 

 

 "Taeyeon" I called her and shook her hands

 

 

"Y-yes?" she stuttered

 

 

Taeyeon is always nervous but she's really smart that's why I hired her. Maybe I'll fire all employees at the I Will Corp but she will be the last one I will. She's so funny sometimes so I can't help to laugh a bit on her dorkiness. I remember my old self on her.

 

 

 "Blink and after that sit beside me." I ordered her

 

 

 "O-okay" she replied

 

 

 She sat beside me and in front of Seohyun.

 

 

 

 We waited for Leo's sister to arrive. She's 5 minutes late. I hate late people, I usually fire my employees if they are late, the only person I didn't fire because of it is Miss Kwon. Well, she seems to be nice but a little weird. She gave me painkillers; she said it was free so I checked the expiration date before I used it. 

 

Anyway, I saw a girl coming towards us. She wears a nice white dress and has a pink purse. She looks stylish that I almost want to ask her where did she bought her outfit and her purse, it’s the same thing as I like to ask Yoona what skin products she use because she has that really nice glowing skin but I remained professional as always.

 

 

 "I'm sorry, I'm late. I was At the "A mall" shopping with my friend that I didn't realized what time is it." the girl said

 

 

Oh "A Mall" eh? I'll ask my PA to accompany me there tomorrow to shop clothes.

 

 

"I am Tiffany Hwang by the way and I assume you are Choi Sooyoung?" the girl said with an eye smile

 

 

I jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter