The Head and The Eyes

The Stone and The Light bulb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

The Head and the Eyes

 

 

Sunny's POV

 

 

 

 

I'm at a café, waiting for someone... That friend of mine is always late every time we meet. But she's always thoughtful and generous towards me so I don't mind her being late.

 

 

My phone beeped and I open the message.

 

 

"Sun, I 'm still shopping with Jessie. I might arrive late. Sorry :>" she said on her message

 

"Alright, I’m here at the café. I'm still waiting for the rest to arrive anyway." I replied

 

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can." she texted back.

 

 

 I put down my phone and drink the mango shake I ordered.

 

 

While staring at the glass window of the café, I saw two children outside playing. Two young girls, they look like best of friends, chasing one another.

 

 

I sighed inwardly... I remember someone from the past.

 

 

"Youngie, why did you left me? Why must you change?" I thought to myself as I stared on the bracelet I'm wearing.

 

 

I wear this bracelet all the time, even though I hate Choi Sooyoung, I just can't take to take this off me. I tried to throw this on a river before but I just can't.

 

 

When she left me that night on that house Bobby came back for me and put me back in an orphanage. Two newly married couple adopted me. Mr. and Mrs. Sung.

 

On my first 3 months of stay with them, everything went well. They provided me with my needs and sent me in a school but that did not last long.

 

Mr. Sung cheated with Mrs. Sung. He left her for another woman. As a result Mrs. Sung drink almost every day. They started to forget about me. They both abandoned me.

 

 

I was putted back in an orphanage again.

 

I became Mr. and Mrs. Lee's scholar. I spent my entire life in orphanage until my high school started. Due to my excellent academic performance, The Lee couple adopted me and this time I live happily with them.

 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Lee are lawyers and own a big corporation, The Lee Corporation.

 

 

I love Mr. and Mrs. Lee. They treated me like their own child and showered me with love I thought I lost few years ago. I treated them like my real parents.

 

 

One night, Mrs. Lee and I received a phone call. The caller said Mr. Lee had a heart attack.

 

We rushed directly to the hospital, we saw his secretary there. I asked him directly what happen.

 

 

"He became like that after he received a call. He signed a contract and got scammed. He sold the Lee Corp. to Mr. Will." his secretary said

 

 

The Lee Corp was gone along with Mr. Lee. His heart condition worsens and died.

 

I was left with Mrs. Lee.

 

 

I promised to her that I will take back the Lee Corp to Mr. Will.

 

After College, I decided to follow their footsteps. I became a lawyer.

 

The Lee Corp was transformed to I Will Corp.

 

Since then,   I keep my eye with the Choi's.

 

I learned that Mr.Will assigned his niece to be the VP of the corp.

 

Choi Sooyoung.

 

I Iearn that Sooyoung had been trained by her uncle to scam people too like he used to since he cannot scam now because he has image to protect,  he became a politician.

 

I ran a background check on her. Like who are her parents and stuffs like that.

 

I learned she doesn't have a father with her since she was young and when I saw the name of her mother...

 

I was shocked on what I found out, she’s Youngie my child hood friend. She became like this, fooling other people like her uncle.

 

I trained people who can be employed to I Will Corp to watch Mr. Will and his niece for me.

 

My eyes had told me that Sooyoung fired a lot of employees on the company. They said she's, rude, arrogant and cold towards other people and has a rich kid syndrome.

 

 

I asked my eyes to look for fraud contracts on the corp. But it seems like this Choi works the dirty works very neatly. We have troubles looking for it. I applied to the I Will Corp to do the works myself. Using a little alteration on my name, Sun Hee.

 

I decided to asked help from a friend of mine. She owns a huge corporation along her brother. I asked her if she can have a deal with the Choi's to prove and gather evidences of their bad doings. She agreed.

 

Everything was doing well but we had a problem on our plan. Her brother Leo likes Sooyoung very much and was fooled to sign a contract because of it, a casino is now being built on the Hwang Corp land.

 

I have to stop it so I made my move towards Sooyoung.

 

I saw her fired the poor maintenance head. I hate her when she does that, firing employees for every minor mistake they do. I pissed her off on the elevator.

 

Because of that, she made me revised a lot of files. It's tough but being a lawyer myself, I was able to revise it all.

 

Her PA is not present so she asked me to replace her. At first, I don't want to but then I thought I have to observe her moves myself.

 

She asked me to accompany her on a grocery store and she made me suffer as usual like what she does to her employees by pushing two big carts at a time. It's tough but I have to endure.

 

She ordered me to drive her on her house. I had an idea.

 

 If the documents are not on her office, it might be on her house.

 

 

While inside on her house I observed for a while. Her house is quite small than I expected but it is simple and nice. Before I left the house, she told me to get the groceries left in her car and take it home. After she tortured me , now she's being nice to me? I was confused by her kind gesture but I just let it go. Maybe she's bipolar or something.

 

 

I decided to watch over her. I learned that she's going out of the house so I took it as an advantage to find what I'm looking for. The contracts. But she caught me in the act. She was furious and scary but when she saw the bracelet I wear, she got soft and weak. She let me go.

 

 

I wasn't able to get anything from her house. But seeing Sooyoung being vulnerable like that, I wonder what's up with her. Well, I know she's a human too. Maybe she remembered her mother or the past hunts her down. Let it hunt her so that she'll remember what she did.

 

 

 

On the next night, it was raining hard.  I saw Sooyoung on my door step. Looking like a mess. So full of mud and drunk. She fainted in front of me. She found out the truth... I am Sunny.

 

 

Even though I hate her very much,  I know I have to take her in.

 

 

 

Her clothes were wet so I changed it with the largest PJs I have.

 

 

While changing her clothes, I noticed that she have many scars on her body. Some of it are not really fully healed. I felt something within me, I don't know if it was sadness or I just pity her. Where would she get these scars and wound? Does she have an accident or was there someone who hurt her?

 

I'd been thinking so hard as I traced her scars using my fingers, I notice my eyes were tearing a bit. Why would I shed my tears for her? She doesn't even care for me that's why she abandoned me. She's quite heavy but I managed to carry her on the sofa.

 

I looked at her as she sleeps.

 

 

She looks different right now than before. She gotten prettier but she lost that bubbly personality she had when we were just kids. Well I guess things were always bound to change.

 

 

When we were younger,  the two of us shared a room together. We go to school together; we almost do a lot of things together because of our pact. But after that night, we drifted apart.

 

 

I went to my room and tried to get some sleep but I can't. It was already 6 am when I decided to go out and buy some breakfast.

 

 

When I came back I looked at her, she was still sleeping. Why would she get drunk last night? Where could she had been to look like that?

 

I saw my cat went over her.

 

 

 

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard her speak.

 

 

"G-Go away... Please..." She said as she cried in her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter