PART 22

TILL I MET YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TODAY Ah Young had a plan to spend her day with Mi Na after she had been busy with work for the past few weeks. She was so lucky to have such an understanding daughter, but Ah Young should not take it for granted. Mi Na was still at the age where she needed the attention and love from her family especially Ah Young. Moreover her daughter just had won the first place in coloring competition, so Ah Young wanted to celebrate it today.

         Plus Ah Young still felt bad for scolding Mi Na over the necklace incident few weeks ago. Do not worry because they were in good term. It just Ah Young felt she had to make extra effort to make her daughter happy today. Ah Young chose to wear striped sleeveless shirt and matched it with blue black high waist jeans. Her long brown hair was braided to the side so she could appear younger than her actual age.

         Soon after she finished braided her hair, someone knocked her bedroom door few times and the door was swung open before Ah Young could say a word. A cute little girl peeked behind the door, and it made a smile bloomed on Ah Young's lips as she had expected Mi Na who had knocked the door.

         "Mama!" Ah Young put down the makeup brush and spread her arms wide so she could hug her precious little daughter. Mi Na was Ah Young's life, and she could not imagine how her life would be if someone take Mi Na away from her.

         "Mama, how do I look today?" Mi Na took few steps back and spun around so Ah Young could take a good look from all angle. Today they were wearing matching striped shirt as they had promised. Ah Young did not answer Mi Na straight away. She even showed disapproval look which made Mi Na's smile faded slowly. However the sudden thumb up from Ah Young had brought back Mi Na's smile as she giggled shyly over the compliment she had received from Ah Young.

         "Of course you look so pretty Honey," she pulled Mi Na for a hug.

         "You, too,"

         "Really?" Ah Young raised an eyebrow as she looked at Mi Na with doubt.

         "Or you just said that so you can get something from me later?" she said accusingly, but Mi Na quickly defended herself.

         "You always look pretty Mama. If you don't believe me, you can ask my friends. They will tell you the same," Ah Young slightly blushed even though she had been heard the same compliment from her daughter many times before.

         She admitted that she had received a lot of compliments over her beauty from other parents but to Ah Young, beauty is subjective. There were a lot of women prettier than her, but at the same time she did not look down on herself. Ah Young was happy with the way she was because she was embracing the flaws of her body.

         "Alright, I believe you. Come let's go now or else we will be late for your movie," Ah Young dismissed the topic as she gathered essential makeup items and put them inside the handbag. Then they walked to downstairs hand in hand and before they left, Ah Young informed the maid that they would not come back for dinner.

         They could go home early today because nobody would be at home tonight except Ah Young and Mi Na. Woo Bin was out of the town for short vacation trip, Mr. Richard and Mrs. Rose went to attend funeral of their old friend and would come home tomorrow morning. Sung Joon and Jin Kyung had some works to be settled as the deadline approaching so Ah Young did not want to disturb them.

         Basically Ah Young planned to take Mi Na out for movie today, buy the fluffy toys that Mi Na had been eyeing for quite some times, and take her out for dinner. Tomorrow Ah Young had a plan to bring Mi Na to water theme park, but she kept it as secret as was going to surprise her daughter. She could at least do that for now to make Mi Na happy although Ah Young knew she could do more than this for Mi Na's happiness.

**************

AFTER watching 'Coco' movie, they went for lunch before Ah Young brought Mi Na to the toys store. Even though Ah Young thought Mi Na had more than enough fluffy toys inside her bedroom, Ah Young did not mind to buy more toys for her daughter as long as Mi Na was happy. However Ah Young would only spoiled Mi Na in certain things because most of the time, Ah Young tried to raise her daughter to be an independent kid.

         After Mi Na chose her favorite toys and Ah Young made the payment, they walked out from the store hand in hand. Suddenly Mi Na released her hand and ran toward one corner and placed both palms on the glass railing as she looked down at the first floor. Ah Young knew what Mi Na was looking at and she started feeling uneasy when Mi Na looked at her with sparkling eyes.

          God, they were here today to make Mi Na happy but Ah Young afraid that she had to say big 'No' to Mi Na if she was thinking of playing ice skating. Ah Young had never stopped Mi Na before because she knew her daughter loved this sport, but it was different stories back then because either Sung Joon or Woo Bin would be inside the rink to look after Mi Na.

         "Mama, I want to play ice skating," she said excitedly as she looked at Ah Young with her big brown eyes. Ah Young had expected that and no matter how much she wanted her daughter to have fun today, she had to turn down her request.

         "Honey, you can't go for ice skating today. Papa or Uncle Woo Bin is not with us today. So I promise you we will come back for ice skating next time," Ah Young slightly bent forward to gently squeeze Mi Na's shoulder. To Ah Young surprise, her daughter shoved her hand away as she took few steps away from Ah Young. Her eyebrows met at the centre as she scrunched her nose and pouted her lips like she always did whenever she disagreed with Ah Young.

         "You said you will grant anything that I wish for today," she stated with eyes started pooling with tears and at this moment, Ah Young wanted to kick herself for being horrible in ice skating. It was not Ah Young had never tried to learn before. She actually had put the best effort to learn it but every time she tried it, she would end up with either spraining her ankles or extremely aching body sore.

         "Honey," she tried to coax Mi Na, but her daughter immediately cut her.

         "I can play it alone. You can stand at the corner and watch me over there," Ah Young shook her head as she disapproved that idea. Mi Na started to cry because she knew that she had failed to convince Ah Young to let her play alone, and Ah Young started to feel embarrass because they started to become the centre of attraction. Anyway this was not Ah Young's first time handling this kind of situation but it just had been a quite long period of time Mi Na did not throw the tantrum in public.

         "Mi Na! Ah Young!" when Ah Young was about to coax her daughter to abandon the idea of playing ice skating today, they suddenly heard familiar voice was calling for them. Ah Young felt her heart had skipped a bit and her knees became week as she saw Jong Hyun approached them. Mi Na immediately ran to get Jong Hyun while Ah Young looked away to calm down her nervousness.

         "What happened, Dear? Asked Jong Hyun as he crouched in front Mi Na and wiped away her tears. Mi Na started to tell the story to Jong Hyun while Ah Young just quietly stood few meters away from them. She even sneakily glanced at Jong Hyun who she had been not seeing or hearing any news from him for almost two weeks now.

         "Is that the reason why are you crying like this?" Jong Hyun asked amusingly after Mi Na had finished her story but noticing that kid was about to cry again, he immediately coaxed her by telling her that he would accompany her to play ice skating.

**************

AH YOUNG was standing at resting area as she watched Mi Na was happily skating beside Jong Hyun and the scene where they skated hand in hand had almost brought tears in her eyes. Ah Young body jerked forward when she saw Mi Na stumbled down but her heart immediately at ease when she watched her daughter only laughed as Jong Hyun pulled her up to stand again.

       What a beautiful scene she was watching right now but Ah Young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter