PART 20

TILL I MET YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“SO it is true that Ah Young is married to Sung Joon, and she is living happily there with her new family,” Yi Seul sighed after she heard that news from Jong Hyun as they were having video call but deep inside her heart, she felt sorry for Jong Hyun. Even though six years had passed and Jong Hyun seldom brought up Ah Young’s name in their conversations, Yi Seul knew that he still loved that woman.

          “I’d witnessed with my own eyes that she is doing well in here, so I should be happy for her,” Jong Hyun gave a tight smile, and Yi Seul knew that he was being sincere with his words. Even after Jong Hyun found out about Ah Young from Jae Rim, his brother wished nothing but long lasting happiness for the woman he loved although it broke his heart at the same time.

          Jong Hyun did not say it, but it written all over his face. Yi Seul realized that people could not have everything in this world. Sometimes we had to let something go even though it broke our hearts, and Yi Seul respected Jong Hyun for being brave and strong to let go the love of his life.

          Nothing had been easy for Jong Hyun in the past six years, and she had witnessed every moment and steps Jong Hyun had made in his journey to find himself again. No word could describe how proud she was with Jong Hyun, and she would remember him as one of the bravest and selfless person she had ever met in this world. Jong Hyun frowned when he saw Yi Seul wiped something beneath her eyes as she dropped her face.

         “Hey, are you crying?” he asked teasingly which made Yi Seul immediately lifted up her face in annoyance.

         “No!” she defended herself even though her red eyes had proven otherwise. Yes it was true that she was crying, but she just did not want him to for being such a cry baby even though she had become the mother of two children. Yi Seul was still in maternity leave as she just gave birth to a cute chubby baby boy two months ago.

         “Whatever,” Jong Hyun stuck out his tongue, and Yi Seul just rolled her eyes at his silliness.

         “Where is Daniel? Is he sleeping?”

        “Bora was playing with him just now and probably they both have fallen asleep since I don’t hear any noise from downstairs,” Jong Hyun’ smile turned bitter after Yi Seul mentioned their youngest sister. Ever since Bora found out about Ah Young in Jong Hyun’ life, she had been distant from Jong Hyun and one day she just completely stopped talking to him.

         “Is she doing fine?” asked Jong Hyun in concern as he knew what Bora had been gone through lately. She was caught in scandalous rumor where she was accused for being the third party and almost caused that famous celebrity couple to break up. Even though he was not close with Bora, he knew that she would never do something that could ruin other people happiness. 

         "Just give her the time. Anyway this was not the first time people are trying to bring her down. She will stand up again on her own feet soon,” Yi Seul said with ease because she believed that Bora was a strong person, and she had gone so many difficulties to stand at her level now.

         “She is as strong as you, but you are the strongest person I ever know after Dad. I just wish that you will find your happiness again,” Yi Seul added, and Jong Hyun just shrugged his shoulders to conceal how touched he was every time Yi Seul expressed her admiration for him. After they ended the video call, Jong Hyun went to bathroom to take shower.

          After he took off the clothes and threw it inside the basket, he faced the mirror and his gaze fell on the ring that hung on stainless steel necklace he was wearing. It felt so funny that he always wore it when he actually supposed to take it off and throw it somewhere else because that ring reminded him to Ah Young. Jong Hyun took the necklace off and placed the ring on his palm.

         No one knew that he had reserved this silver band for Ah Young’s birthday and gave it to her as promise ring, but he ended up keeping it to himself. There were initial letters of their names with word ‘Always’ engraved inside the band, and how crazy he must be at that time to even dreaming about having a life with Ah Young. Jong Hyun shook his head to stop him for recalling the memories he had shared with Ah Young.

************

IT had been three days since the first and the last time she encountered with Jong Hyun, and she wondered if he had returned to Manila. Even Mi Na kept asking about Jong Hyun and wondered if she could spend the time with him if they meet again. It seemed not only Mi Na was excited to meet Jong Hyun but Sung Joon, too. Probably he just wanted to show off to Jong Hyun that they had been living a good life in this city.

          “Papa, can we go to bookstore after this? I’ve decided to buy story book to Jason,” Ah Young snapped out from her thought when she heard Mi Na’s voice, and she almost forgot that she was in mall with Sung Joon and Mi Na because her daughter wanted to buy a birthday present for her friend.

          “Sure Darling. Anything for you,” said Sung Joon as he playfully pinched Mi Na’s nose. They just finished buying a dress for Mi Na for Jason’s birthday party next week.

          “Mama, do you think Jason will like my present?” now she asked Ah Young with unsure look. Ah Young was quiet for a moment as the face of Chinese boy with his nerdy look popped out in her head. Probably reading was his hobby, but Ah Young could not promise Mi Na that her friend would definitely like her present.

          “Honey, listen to me. It doesn’t matter if he likes or not the present but as long as it comes from your heart, it is good enough,” Sung Joon smiled as she heard Ah Young gave a piece of advice about life to their daughter. God had blessed his life with their presence, and he would do anything to protect them and make them happy.

          Mi Na regained her confidence as she immediately dragged Ah Young to the bookstore and Sung Joon had to catch up with them from behind. Ah Young just chuckled at her daughter’s cuteness, but the smile on her face faded away when Mi Na suddenly released Ah Young’s hand and ran to someone as she called out that person name.

          “Uncle Jong Hyun!” Sung Joon surprised when he heard that name, and his smile faded away as he felt a tug in his heart when he saw Mi Na ran and hugged Jong Hyun’ thigh. Now he believed in what Ah Young had told him last time about Mi Na’s attachment towards Jong Hyun. As much as he surprised to see Jong Hyun, he guessed that Jong Hyun felt the same way right now based on the look on his face.

          Jong Hyun removed his gaze from Ah Young and Sung Joon because it hurt to see them together. Jong Hyun had prepared his heart for it but seeing them together with his own eyes, the heartache somehow unbearable. Jong Hyun tried to mask the heartache by diverting his attention to Mi Na. His face softened as his eyes landed on that cute face, and Jong Hyun could not deny this little girl somehow had a place in his heart. 

        “Hey, Cutie! Long time no see,” he said while pinching her nose because he had expected the girl to love it. Mi Na giggled and her eyes were sparkling in happiness because she was too excited as she finally was able to meet again her crush.

         “What are you doing here, Uncle Jong Hyun?”

         “Hurm, I just looking around to find some books,”

         “Me too. I’m here to buy book for my friend for his birthday,” she stated cutely as if she was trying to make Jong Hyun fall over with her cuteness.  Jong Hyun tried to focus his attention to Mi Na even though he could see that Sung Joon went to hold Ah Young’s hand before they both approached him. Jong Hyun used to hold that hand when Ah Young was his woman, but now he had to accept that she was belonged to other guy.

        “Hey, Jong Hyun! How are you? It has been years since we last saw each other,” said Sung Joon as he extended his hand for handshake. Jong Hyun straightened his body and tried to smile as genuine as possible when he accepted the handshake.

        “Yeah,” he replied shortly before shifting his gaze to Ah Young. She obviously looked awkward, and it was not weird to have that feeling since she was standing between her ex-lover and her husband.

        “Uncle Jong Hyun, what kind of books you are looking for?” Mi Na’s energetic voice broke the awkwardness. Jong Hyun looked at the small hand that was holding his with soft gaze, and somehow he loved the way she looked at him. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter