PART 19

TILL I MET YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 YEARS LATER, HONG KONG

 

AH YOUNG was checking inside Mi Na's school bag to make sure her daughter had not missed to bring the important things to kindergarten. She even checked the other bag where Mi Na had put her sport outfit and shoes inside it because she had sport class today. Ah Young then put those bags aside and sat on the bed while watching her daughter pulling up the red skirt and tucking the white sleeveless blouse inside the skirt.

           "Mama, how do I look? Do I look pretty?" Mi Na asked while spinning in that lovely outfit. Ah Young just chuckled as she gestured her daughter to come closer. When Mi Na stood in front of her, Ah Young fixed the collar and brushed the dirt on the blouse before looking at her daughter up and down.

           "You always look pretty, my sweetie," she then playfully pinched Mi Na's cute nose, and that kid smiled shyly in return.

           "Thank you. I got everything from my Mama except my nose and eyes. They are from my Papa," she said proudly, but Ah Young knew her daughter better. She just wanted to boast in front of Ah Young about her pretty light brown eyes and the nose that was not get flat when her smile reached the eyes.

         "However I still love you the most. Papa is at the second place," her daughter then wrapped her arms around Ah Young's neck, and Ah Young hugged her back with big smile on her face.

           "I know that. Okay, let's go downstairs for breakfast because GrandMa and GrandPa are waiting for us. Hurry up. Papa will call to check on you in few minutes," Mi Na immediately grabbed her bags and quickly went to downstairs, and Ah Young's voice immediately filled the house because she shouted for Mi Na to be careful with her steps.

           "Good morning GrandMa and GrandPa," she quickly went to kiss Mr. Richard and Mrs. Rose before taking the seat beside her grandfather.

         "Isabella Mi Na, I have told you many times that no running on the stairs," she said as she approached dining table, but her daughter ignored her because she was way more excited to get the call from her Papa.

           'Morning Mom, Dad," Ah Young kissed their cheeks before taking seat beside Mi Na. The iPad tablet was in Mi Na's hands and when the notification of video call popped out on the screen, she instantly swiped to answer.

          "Papa, Mama scolded me just now," that the first thing she said to her Papa, and Ah Young scoffed while looking at her daughter in disbelief. She now put the tablet on the phone so Ah Young's face could be seen in the screen.

         "Ah Young, what did my daughter do until you have to scold her?" now it sounded like she was a bad mother here for scolding her daughter for nothing. Ah Young put the jug aside and looked at Sung Joon who obviously just woke up from his sleep.

          "She was running on the stairs. So of course I have to scold her," Ah Young defended herself and looked at Mi Na who had her arms crossed on chest which she always did whenever Ah Young refused to let Mi Na win in her game.

           "Oh is that so? Isabella Mi Na, you deserve to be scolded. Good job, Baby," Ah Young pulled annoying face whenever Sung Joon addressed her using that nickname while the others just laughed watching Sung Joon wanted to be sweet with Ah Young. Sung Joon now was in Beijing for work and would return home next week.

         Ah Young placed the sausages, bacon and egg on Mi Na's plate while her daughter was so into talking to Sung Joon until she had to interrupt them or else Mi Na would be late for school. After giving flying kiss to Sung Joon, Mi Na passed the tablet to Mr. Richard because Sung Joon had something to discuss with his father.

         "Oh, I just realize that Woo Bin is not here," Ah Young looked around and wondered if Woo Bin was still sleeping inside his room. He told her last night that he got the class this morning.

          "He received the call from Bianca saying that her car suddenly broke down. So he had to leave early to fetch her," said Mrs. Rose with small smile on face, but Ah Young knew what was on Mrs. Rose's mind because she was thinking the same thing.

        "He'll do anything for love," Ah Young said teasingly because she knew that Woo Bin really liked that girl. They also had nothing against Bianca because she was already like a family to them.

         "By the way, Madam Ying wants to meet me later at her place to discuss more about the auction event for next month. So I probably will come office late or won't come today," Mrs. Rose almost forgot to inform Ah Young about her meeting with Madam Ying.

         "Oh, then I'll handle the meeting with Mrs. Liam's daughter today," Mrs. Rose just nodded in approval. Ah Young had been working with her for many years now, and she was very sure that Mrs. Liam's daughter would fall in love with Ah Young's works and designs later.

         "Mi Na, we have to go now. Finish your food quickly," Ah Young then left Mi Na for a while to get her things inside the room and when she returned, Mi Na had waited for her at the door. Honestly Mi Na did not really give Ah Young hard time because her daughter was an amazing and independent child.

************

MRS. LIAM's daughter, Hie Ying would turn 18 in two months. So her parents planned to throw a grand birthday party for her, and of course she needed a beautiful dress to wear. The discussion was much more laid-back than Ah Young had expected because Hie Ying knew what she wanted for her dress, and Ah Young just have to add on Hie Ying's idea.

          "I can't wait to see that dress. Thank you so much," Hie Ying said excitedly after they had finished the discussion.

         "I'll try my best to make your dream dress come true," Ah Young replied in humble, and she would update them later about the progression of the dress. After they left, Ah Young went inside her office to finish other works first. It was almost lunch hour, but Ah Young was so lazy to leave the office, so she just ordered lunchbox from nearby restaurant.

         "Ah Young, did you order lunchbox?" her assistant Rome entered her office after knocking the door because the delivery boy was looking for her.

       "Yes," she replied shortly and went out afterwards to pay for the lunchbox. God, the foods looked delicious and she wanted to eat right away. After telling her staffs that she was staying inside during lunch hour, Ah Young returned to her office and noticed the unread message on phone screen.

         'I'll pick Mi Na later because we are going to have fun in shopping mall later,' she read the text from Woo Bin and replied him right away.

       'Okay, but don't buy her any makeup stuffs,' Ah Young reminded Woo Bin because last time she found a lipstick inside Mi Na's bag, and it was Woo Bin who had bought it for her.

       'Okay,' he replied back. Ah Young put aside the phone and started to eat her lunch while reading fashion magazine. Her gaze then shifted to the family portrait on the table where everyone looked so happy in that picture especially her. Ah Young had Mi Na seated on her lap while Sung Joon and Woo Bin were standing at the back.

         Life here was not easy for Ah Young and Woo Bin at the beginning, but they managed to get through those hardships with the help from Sung Joon and his family. Then Mi Na came into her life and brought another hope for Ah Young to pursue her dream because she wanted Mi Na to be proud of her someday. Ah Young then reached her phone and texted something to Woo Bin.

         'I'll join you guys later. See you at the mall,' Ah Young's life was far from perfect, but she was happy with her new life now.

************

SOME things were never changed no matter how many years had passed, and one of those things was Ah Young's craziness whenever she had fun time with Woo Bin despite her status as a mother to a five-year-old kid. Ah Young bet no one would remember their status if they had kids who were as supportive as Mi Na. Her daughter was not embarrassed to cheer up for Ah Young when she had Arcade games match with Woo Bin just now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter