PART 11

TILL I MET YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AH YOUNG noticed that Jong Hyun was being quiet and distant with her ever since she woke up from sleep. Did she have done something that has offended him last night? She must have done something after Jong Hyun kissed her to shut because she could not remember anything after that. Did she vomit at him? Or did she say something that has hurt him?

She even asked him about it, but Jong Hyun asked her back with disappointment all over his face. That reaction made Ah Young was so sure that she had done something that made Jong Hyun upset. Ah Young kept thinking and was still thinking even after they had left the camping site. Now they were heading to her village to visit GrandMa Ning's grave, and Jong Hyun was driving because both Bo Gum and Woo Bin had not fully recovered from hangover.

"Ouch! What was that for Ah Young Noona?! My head still hurt from last night and now you make it worse by hitting me," Bo Gum complained while rubbing the site where Ah Young just hit to make the pain went away.

"We wouldn't get drunk last night if you didn't bring those drinks out," Ah Young blamed Bo Gum for making her drunk and causing her to not remember anything that might hurt Jong Hyun’s feeling last night.

"Why are you blaming me? You could refuse to join the game, but you did not. So you can't blame me,"

"Whatever!" she interjected before tried to peek on Jong Hyun through rear window. Both Jong Hyun and Woo Bin did not talk much with each other because Woo Bin was still having headache. He only instructed the direction to Jong Hyun when needed, and most of the time only the music from radio echoed in the silence and awkward atmosphere between them.Ah Young drew in her neck when Jong Hyun finally noticed her through rear mirror that she was peeking at them.

He looked so serious until she had no gut to peek at him again. Ah Young prayed that Jong Hyun’s mood would be okay by the time they arrived at cemetery. They stopped at the flower shop first to buy GrandMa Ning's favorite roses. Honestly those three guys were wearing something too casual to visit cemetery especially Jong Hyun who looked insanely cute in his SpongeBob sando and short pants.

Jong Hyun did not smile at all when their gazes interlocked, and he just stared at her with serious face before looked away. Ah Young was really hurt but she tried to endure the urge to cry until she was standing in front of GrandMa Ning's grave. She blamed Jong Hyun for hurting her feeling and Woo Bin for saying something emotional that made Ah Young terribly missed GrandMa Ning.

"GrandMa, I'm going to graduate soon and don't worry, I'll go to the best university like you wished for. We miss you so much GrandMa. By the way, Noona already got herself a boyfriend. Pffftt, I can't believe there is a guy that finally likes her," he said before cried out because Ah Young hit his head from the back as she was standing behind him.

"GrandMa!" Woo Bin whined as if GrandMa Ning was still alive and sitting in front of him. Ah Young wiped away the tears that kept coming out before she paused for a moment and looked down where Jong Hyun’s fingers intertwined with hers. She stared at them for while to ensure that she was not hallucinating. She even looked at his face, but then he made it more real by pulling her closer and brought their intertwined hands to other side of her shoulder as he literally hugged her from behind.

Jong Hyun did not say anything but only looked at her before he smiled. Ah Young had been with him for two years but she never really understood him because Jong Hyun never allowed her to explore inside him. They might have shared countless passionate and sensual moments but there was always the wall between them where Ah Young could never climb to get into his world.

*******************************

THEY just strolled around the village until they ended up at the river where Ah Young had always spent time here looking for inspiration or whenever was upset about something but had no one to share with. Both Woo Bin and Bo Gum were playing water at shallow area while Ah Young and Jong Hyun only watched them from wooden bridge. Ah Young smiled and waved at Woo Bin as he showed her the fish that he just caught with Bo Gum.

"I can say that your brother is a responsible and protective brother," said Jong Hyun as he stared at Ah Young's happy face. She just laughed before it gradually subsided, and Jong Hyun looked again at her when she was not laughing anymore.

"Thanks for joining us," she said and Jong Hyun shifted his gaze back to the river.

"I don't want to create more troubles if I refuse Woo Bin. I have fun here anyway," he stated the matter of fact. Then the silence filled between them because Ah Young suddenly lost the word to utter. She actually wanted to thank him for keeping her secret but she did not know how to express it.

"Mr. Jong Hyun..,"

"I have to go back to Seoul tonight," they said simultaneously. Ah Young was quite surprised by that news and immediately concealed it by smiling awkwardly.

"What you want to say just now?"

"Huh?"

"Weren't you going to tell me something?" Ah Young pretended to think hard, and she just told him that she was going to ask when he would return to Seoul. Jong Hyun nodded and said that she could stay here until Saturday before both of them were quiet again. Ah Young then wanted to apologize if she had done something that offended him last night, but all the planned words disappeared as she felt his arms wrapped around her shoulders.

"Woo Bin is looking at us," he explained as if he did not want her to misinterpret anything, and she was hurt again by his words. How fool she was for wanting more when all the sweet gestures that he had shown to her were just to provide concrete evidences to Woo Bin that they were really in relationship. Ah Young allowed Jong Hyun to pull her closer while she was coaxing her broken heart. 

"Ah Young, is that you?" suddenly there was someone called for Ah Young. Ah Young looked to owner of the voice, so did Jong Hyun and he frowned after felt that Ah Young moved slightly away from him. Then the emptiness filled his arms when she turned around to face the man that now was standing in front of her. Jong Hyun felt the tightness inside his chest as he saw how her eyes blinked in surprise but at the same time there was evident longing in both their eyes. Who is he anyway?

******************************* 

"ARE you curious about them?" asked Woo Bin when three of them just stood at the bridge and observed both Ah Young and Seung Gias they were having private talk under the shade tree.

"Who is he? Your sister's ex-boyfriend?" Bo Gum interrupted and asked on Jong Hyun’s behalf.

"Both of them used to love each other but they never went into relationship. He was Ah Young Noona's high school senior and Seung Gi went to Seoul after that to study there. They promised to wait for each other and that guy even promised to ask her hand in marriage after he graduated from university. But five months later, he stopped contacting her and later my sister found out that he already had a girlfriend there," Woo Bin explained briefly the history between Ah Young and Lee Seung Gi.

"That means that guy cheated on Ah Young Noona?" Bo Gum asked for clarification as he pointed at Seung Gi who was chuckling with Ah Young. By the way, what they talked about anyway? Jong Hyun did not remove his gaze even after Seung Gi had noticed his eyes were on them.

"Is he your boyfriend?" he pointed at Jong Hyun, and Ah Young just smiled even though she was not looking at the person that he pointed to. She knew that he was referring to Jong Hyun, and she nodded to acknowledge his question. Seung Gi smiled bitterly before he hesitantly reached her hand on lap, and Jong Hyun’s body immediately straightened after watched that scene.

"Chill Hyung. Chill, they just having a closure," Woo Bin tapped his tense shoulder, and Jong Hyun did not even know why he must act as if he was the insecure boyfriend. She just told him last night that she liked him even though she remembered none of it which it really upset him. That was why he was being so quiet and distant with her since this morning.

"Ah Young, I'm really really sorry for breaking my promise. Actually I felt guilty for turning my back on you. That was why I didn't contact you anymore. I didn't know how to face you. But now I'm asking you to forgive me because I don't want you to hate me if we encounter again in the future," he pleaded for forgiveness as he rested his forehead on the back of her hand.

"I have moved on Seung Gi, and I have forgiven you long time ago. It was hurt at the beginning but I had accepted that we are not meant for each other. Look at us now. You have found your happiness and I have found mine. We are both happy with our lives now, and I never regret loving you," Ah Young held his shoulder to reassure him that everything that just came from was from the bottom of her heart.

She might have loved him once, and she had to say that Seung Gi was the first guy she ever loved in her life after her late father but she never knew that she could love someone more than what her heart had offered to Seung Gi after she involved with Jong Hyun. Jong Hyun never promised her anything but her heart had loved him as if it was ready to be crushed and broken by him. Her love went deeper as day passed even though he never opened up to her. She had loved him unconditionally although deep inside her, she wanted him to love her back.

"Thank you Ah Young. Thank you so much. I hope that he is really the one for you," he sincerely prayed for her happiness. While those two finally had a closure, Jong Hyun was evidently restless until both Bo Gum and Woo Bin laughed at him.

"What are you afraid of Hyung? That Ah Young Noona will run back to him?"

"Huh?" Jong Hyun asked with puzzled face because he did not even realize that the insecurity had engulfed him without his permission. This was his first time to feel insecure about someone's ex-flame when he obviously was meant nothing to Ah Young now. She might used to love Seung Gi, but he was the first man that ever touched her and claimed her soul.

"Don't worry Hyung. My Noona has chose to be with you," Woo Bin reassured him, and suddenly he was confident again after recalled her confession last night.

*******************************  

JONG HYUN had cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter