PART 24

TILL I MET YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AFTER Mi Na discovered the truth regarding her biological father, Ah Young’s world turned 360 degree. Everything came out at once, and Ah Young had the hard time to handle those problems especially when her daughter was still mad at her. Actually Mi Na was mad at everyone in the family for deceiving her all this time and to make the problem less complicated, Ah Young had to allow Jong Hyun to visit Mi Na at anytime he wished to.
        To earn the forgiveness from her daughter, Ah Young had to say ‘Yes’ when it comes to the matter of Jong Hyun. Suddenly Jong Hyun had become a part of the family where seeing him joining them for breakfast was no longer the strange sight for them because he had stayed overnight at their house for couple of times now since two weeks ago. Ah Young had to admit that she was starting to get used over Jong Hyun’ presence in this house, and she did not hate it.
        As a mother, Ah Young wished nothing but the happiness for Mi Na yet she could not help to feel like Jong Hyun had slowly taken Mi Na away from her. She now liked to spend more time with Jong Hyun and when he was not around, she would keep asking for him and Ah Young had to conceal the hurt on her face every time Mi Na chose Jong Hyun over her. Was she jealous of Jong Hyun for having all Mi Na’s attention?
        Ah Young glanced at the clock wall and it was the time to pick Mi Na from kindergarten, but Ah Young was still siting on her office chair because it had become Jong Hyun’ responsibility to fetch their daughter from school. Sometimes Ah Young had the hard time to believe that her daughter was finally living on her dream, and she did tell Ah Young that she was just happy that Jong Hyun was her biological father. Ah Young put the pen on the table and the sigh escaped from as she leaned her back against the chair.
        “Knock! Knock!” Ah Young did not reply immediately as she took the time to stretch her stiff and sore muscles first. However the visitor was impatient and entered Ah Young’s office without the permission.
        “I heard you have been skipping lunch lately,” said the visitor as he ignored Ah Young’s sharp glare over him. Anyway she was too tired to nag the visitor about respecting people’s personal space and time so she just grabbed the lunch box that he had brought for her and opened it. Ah Young almost drooled over the smell of chicken rice and suddenly she was so hungry and could not wait to eat the food that Woo Bin had cooked for her.
        “I guess I’ve come at the right time,” he smirked as he watched Ah Young hungrily ate the food, and she did not stop even though she was pissed with him for mocking her. Honestly Ah Young did not decent meals lately because she was overwhelmed with her personal issues and problems at work. She might having the hard time, but Woo Bin knew his sister better than anyone and she would get through these. Ah Young had always been a strong woman, and he believed that she had become stronger than six years ago.
        Now the truth had been disclosed, and Jong Hyun finally had learned about their new family. The man that Jong Hyun had always thought as Ah Young’s husband was turned out to be their step-brother and believe it or not, Mrs. Rosella and Ok Seong Moon was the same person who had abandoned them since they were small. After she went missing almost 14 years, she suddenly showed up in front of him few weeks before his 18th birthday. Even though Woo Bin was to small to remember any memories he had shared with her, he would never forget the face of the person who had abandoned them and ran away with some other guy for a better life.
        “Woo Bin..,” Woo Bin moved away when Mrs. Rose tried to touch him, and he did not even care that he might hurt her feeling because right now, she deserved it. For the past few weeks, Woo Bin had received the expensive lunchboxes and gifts from the anonymous. At first he had the thought that they were from Jong Hyun but he could not confirmed it with Ah Young since she had no idea that he had discovered her dark secret. Yesterday Woo Bin had forced the deliveryman to take everything back with him and returned them to the owner and probably it was the main reason Mrs. Rose decided to show herself in front of Woo Bin.
         “Woo Bin, please forgive me. I was too ambitious back then and I was blinded by my dream. I know I had committed the big sins for leaving my children but believe me I had been punished for that,” Mrs. Rose told that she had been deceived by the guy who had promised her the better life in China but then she was forced to work as maid there and had been abused by her employee. It was Mr. Richard who had saved her when after she managed to escape from that hell.
        “Wow, are you expecting me to feel impress and move by your story?” he asked sarcastically while trying to hold back the tears.
       “At least you are living a good life now but do you have any idea how we make a living after you left us? GrandaMa Ning was trying hard to raise me and  Ah Young Noona by herself and we were once happy even though we did not have many things with us. But then everything changed. While you are living a good life with your new husband and son, I was suffering from depression and nearly cut myself after I lost one of my legs,” said Woo Bin as he slightly pulled up his trouser to show his prosthetic leg.
        “While you are living your dream in Hong Kong,  Ah Young Noona has to work so hard to feed me and GrandMa Ning. While you were happy with your new family, we were mourned over death of GrandMa Ning. Right now you probably seeing me living a good life but do you ever know how I manage to get into this school?” Woo Bin had to pause because he had difficulty to continue his words. There was heaviness inside his chest that made him difficult to breathe, but he had to tell Mrs. Rose how life had been cruelled to them especially to Ah Young.
        “Ah Young  Noona has chosen to live as a mistress in order to bring me to Seoul and get the treatment here!” Woo Bin said in frustration and he felt that he was the one that should be blamed to. If it was not for him, she would not choose to live that kind of life. Because he had known from the beginning that Sung Joon was trying to approach Ah Young and made the job offer in the Hong Kong, he was being rude to him when they met again at the bus station.
        Honestly Woo Bin had a thought of disclosing the truth regarding Ah Young’s secret to her when they went to Daegu for vacation but he had to withhold the idea after Jong Hyun suddenly showed up at their hometown. He had the feeling that Jong Hyun would not go to look for his sister in Daegu if he did not have any feelings for her. That was why he chose to act and play along their games. He was being observant throughout their trip and from the way Ah Young stole the glance at Jong Hyun whenever he was looking at other direction or from the way she looked after Jong Hyun, he knew that she was in love with Jong Hyun.
        The night where they played ‘Truth or Dare’ game and get wasted later, Woo Bin was pretending to be drunk. The truth was he had seen everything that night including the kissed they had shared beside the bonfire. After Ah Young passed out on Jong Hyun’ chest, he saw how careful Jong Hyun was holding his sister as if she was a fragile glass and after he placed her inside the tent that was opposite his tent, Jong Hyun kissed Ah Young again before he lied down beside her.
        He thought that he loved her, and that was the main reason he did not stop Ah Young from seeing Jong Hyun. Even though he had known that Jong Hyun had a girlfriend, he believed that Jong Hyun would choose Ah Young later because he could see the happiness on Ah Young’s face every time they met after they returned to Seoul. It was different kind of happiness. She looked glowing and madly in love but one day, that happiness was replaced by tears and sadness.
         At that time he had decided to bring Ah Young away from this country, so he accepted Sung Joon and Mrs. Rose’s offer to start in new life in Hong Kong. Ah Young refused to follow along because she still could not forgive Mrs. Rose but she agreed at the end after Woo Bin managed to persuade her. Few days before they left for Hong Kong, he found out that Jong Hyun once again had broke Ah Young’s heart. So he decided to meet Jong Hyun for the last time and he gave Jong Hyun a hard punch on face as the last gift from him.
                                                                                                       ************
JONG HYUN glanced at the wrist watch before he looked at Mi Na’s pouted face and honestly to say, he almost died from her cuteness. He was trying hard to supress the smile by pulling a pouty face. They had ordered the foods but Mi Na refused to eat first as she wanted to wait for Ah Young who had been late for their dinner for almost one hour now. Few minutes later, their waiting was finally over. Jong Hyun could see the guiltiness all over her face as she rushed entering the shop, and she did not take much time to find their table.
        “Honey, I’m sorry for being late,” Ah Young apologized after she kissed Mi Na’s cheek, but the pout still remained on her face. She was caught up in works and forgot about their dinner. She did not even notice that her phone had run out of battery. Jong Hyun could see that Ah Young rolled her eyes in frustration because Mi Na decided to continue being sulky with her. She probably was tired and not in mood to coax Mi Na, so she started to eat the cold French fries on the table.
        “Mi Na, stop being sulky. Your Mama is here now,” said Jong Hyun softly but he could see that Mi Na refused to drop the act. She became pissed off because Ah Young just ate the foods and did not try hard to persuade her.
        “But she’s late, Daddy,” she said with sad voice and even though Jong Hyun had heard Mi Na addressed him as ‘Daddy’ countl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter