PART 3

TILL I MET YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO YEARS AGO

 

JONG HYUN looked at the scattered pictures on table with cold expression. He should get mad or at least scream, but he could not feel anything. He was numb inside even after he saw the pictures of Arissa with different men just liked Jae Rim and other friends had told him.

"I didn't lie to you," Jae Rim said while observed Jong Hyun' rigid expression. He did not see any hint of anger or hurt on Jong Hyun' face. What happened to his cousin? What happened to his heart? Had his heart really died?

"I never said that I didn't believe you," Jong Hyun replied and took the picture to look closer. It was the picture of Arissa kissed with unknown English man, and he tried to feel hurt or jealous, but he could not feel anything.

"Are sure that you want to marry her?"

"My Mom likes her," Jae Rim's mouth formed 'O' shape because he almost forgot that Mrs. Elizabeth liked Arissa for Jong Hyun. He did not argue with Jong Hyun because he knew Jong Hyun' reason for accepting Arissa, and he did pity Jong Hyun.

"How about your Dad? Does he like Arissa?" Jong Hyun looked at Jae Rim with serious face.

"You know right what will happen if we go against my Mom? She is so sensitive lately," Jong Hyun sounded irritating, and that made Jae Rim slightly at ease because at least Jong Hyun' heart was not completely dead. He still could get mad at certain things, but mostly he was cold all the time.

******************************

"AUNTIE! Auntie, please don't go. We can discuss this again," Ah Young quickly grabbed Auntie Tin's arm and pleaded her to give the more time to pay rent fee. Auntie Tin was the landlord, and she came to collect five months of unpaid fee.

"I don't care. If next week I don't receive the payment, you guys need to leave this house," she replied sternly before left the house. Ah Young almost cried because she got one more problem to be solved. It was not she did not want to pay the rent, but her family had been facing financial constriction since a year ago.

Ah Young turned around and saw Woo Bin was looking at her with sympathy before he walked away using crutches. He had involved in hit-and-run accident last year on his way back from selling the foods, and lost his left leg. He had low self esteem and never went back to school after the accident.

"What should I do now?" Ah Young felt so helpless. She had so much debt that had to settle, and the neighbours were refused to help them anymore. The money that she earned by working at restaurant was not enough to support her family and pay the debt at the same time. GrandMa Ning had stopped working since her health deteriorated. Ah Young really had no idea where she could earn a bunch of money by next week.

******************************  

AH YOUNG sighed in frustration and put away the sketch book on the side. She could not concentrate on her drawing at this moment. She went to riverside to release stress, but it did not work because her head was preoccupied with all the problems.

"Ah Young," Ah Young looked over her shoulder and saw her old friend Minah was running to her. Minah just returned from Seoul for semester break, and she surprised after discovered Ah Young's problem from her mother.

"Ah Young, are you okay? I just heard about your problem from my Mom," she asked after loosened the hug. She looked at Ah Young with worry, but Ah Young was rigid in front of her. She knew that Minah cared for her, but she was sick of the sympathy that Minah showed to her.

She realized that she had pitiful life. Most of her friends pursued their studies, but Ah Young was grateful enough that she managed to finish the high school. Everyone pitied her for not having parents. Her father had committed suicide when she was 6 years old, and her mother left them when she was 8 years old. The only family she had was GrandMa Ning and Woo Bin.

"Let's not talk about it. I'll think the solution later," Ah Young smiled bitterly to reassure Minah that she was fine.

"Okay, you can always tell me your problem. Hey, I bought a new phone. Let's take picture," Minah took out her new phone and pulled Ah Young closer for a picture. Minah was happy with her life in Seoul, and Ah Young was happy for her. She listened to Minah's stories, and she envied her friend sometimes.

"Ah Young, look at this. Irish just posted a new picture," Minah showed Irish's instagram account to her. Irish was their old classmate that popular at their school because of her beauty. She had moved to Seoul with her family, and there were rumours about her working as e in Seoul to earn a lot of money.

"I don't think she does that kind of job. Her parents won't allow it," Ah Young said after saw Irish's picture in sophisticated outfit. Probably the rumours spread out because they knew Irish was not from rich family.

"I heard she had moved out from her parents' house to live with dirty old rich man,"

"So you are practically saying that Irish is someone's mistress?"

"Yes and I guess that old man must give her a lot of money," added Minah without knowing the truth of the rumours.

******************************  

AH YOUNG had four days more to pay the rent fee, and she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter