Day 0020

06:20

DAY 0020


"Welcome to my house." Youngji said with open arms while letting VIXX inside. The guys were in shock to see that Youngji's house is somehow ordinary, but organized.

It happened that Gyuri was staying over a friend's house for the SC projects to be finished, and her foster parents are workaholics. Youngji is alone since they have no maids around. She can manage.

"Please don't be awkward here. It's just the seven of us inside." Youngji calmed down the nervous guys who were carefully seating on the sofa.

The Park's residence wasn't the usual house that shows up in fictional stories. Their house was a basic two storey building, but it fits for all of them. With minimal things around, the house looks wide enough to fit a family of seven.

"Can we go up to your room, Youngji-noona?" Hyuk asked.

She shook her head. "No, unless you want to see a messy room. I caught Hongbin cleaning your flat over the weekend, and I guess he needs to clean my room too."

Hongbin suddenly gave her the look. "What?" She asked. Hongbin just smiled.

Youngji opened the television for them, and sat on the sofa beside Hongbin after making them comfortable. The guys enjoyed watching Deal or No Deal until Leo volunteered to cook dinner.

While waiting for it, Youngji initiated a conversation. "Guys, I've been curious about this. We've talked for like two weeks now, and I haven't learned anything about you. Can we have a formal introduction, please?"

The guys nodded in silence. N was the one to start their formal introduction.

"Hi, I'm Cha NNNNN. I'm a senior in Jelpi, and currently running for honors. What else? They say I nag and show affection a lot, so please don't get irritated if I suddenly become clingy with you."

Youngji nodded. "Although he nags a lot, he's really a good friend. He's the counselor of our group because of his advices. They're way too deep." Ravi added.

The guys agreed with what Ravi said. The next to introduce himself was Ken, since Leo was still cooking their dinner.

"Hi, I'm Lee Ken. Your former schoolmate in Woollim. I'm currently a junior now, and my favorite place is Jelpi's cafeteria. You'll always find me there eating, and I'm close with Gookjoo-noona! But I'm warning you, I'm always lost after school. So if you need me or something, make sure you contact me during break or lunch."

"You're Ahn Hani's ex-boyfriend, right?" Youngji asked. Ken nodded. "I wonder how you stayed long with that girl. A lot of boys are dying to be with her, yet they're all scared of her."

"I don't know, seriously. Hani's someone else."

She didn't get what Ken meant, but she just nodded as if she got it. Ravi was about to introduce himself when Leo called out to tell that dinner's ready. They all gathered at the dining table, which was (luckily) fit for all of them.

"Should Ravi be the one to introduce now, or we'll go back with Leo?" Hongbin asked her.

"Ravi," Youngji answered as she passed the rice. "Please eat comfortably, especially Ken."

They all ate in silence while Ravi was introducing himself.

"I'm Kim Ravi, a sophomore like you. I'm known as Jelpi's black sheep for being a badass in school. That's all."

"Were you a badass before?" Youngji asked before scooping rice to .

"No. I have my reasons why I became like this." Ravi said without a hint of anger and sadness.

He's just like me, Youngji thought. I want to know his reason someday.

Instead of saying anything, Youngji just continued eating her dinner. Hongbin and Hyuk did rock, paper, scissors to decide who's going to go first. It turned to be Hyuk.

"Hi, I'm Han Hyuk. I'm the youngest of our group, and I'm currently a freshman. So far, I'm still a Loyalty Student for studying in Jelpi since elementary. I hope I grab this award when I graduate. Nice meeting you, noona!"

Youngji chuckled. "He forgot to tell you that's he's a playful person, so good luck!" N warned.

"Noted! Who's going to be last, you or Leo?" Youngji asked Hongbin who was done with his dinner.

Hongbin pointed himself, making Leo sort of whine inwardly.

"I'm Jung Leo. I'm a senior, and a part of Jelpi's soccer team, Jelpi Bulls. They say I look like their father in the group for grooming them well. I'm a little bit shy, so please bare with me."

"Careful though, you're not allowed to mess with him or you'll regret for the rest of your life." Ken jokingly added. Leo gave him the look. "This is an example." He said as he turned away from Leo.

Youngji smiled and looked to Hongbin afterwards.

"Hi, I'm Lee Hongbin. Your tutor, and a sophomore of Jellyfish High School. The sane one as they say. I may be rough at first because I'm slowly adapting to one's personality. But if you feel that I'm too rough, please don't hesitate to tell me about it. I'll try my best to be sane with you."

"But that's literally you..." She trailed off. She thought she would learn something new about him.

"He's like that, he doesn't give much about himself." Ken stated. "But he's a good friend. Your secrets are safe with him, guaranteed."

"He's a sincere guy. I remember that one time when he gave fruits to his sick parents and his parents cried because he was so kind." Ravi added.

"He knows when to joke around and when to be serious." Leo said.

"He may have not straight A's but he's pretty smart too." N stated.

"In short, a typical boy-next-door that has the looks, the brains, and the heart." Hyuk summarized.

"Thank you for the compliment, but try harder next time." Hongbin mentioned to Hyuk. "The last part was a rip-off."

They all laughed at the remark. Hyuk likes to give good remarks, he just happens to present it in an unfavorable way.

"I'll wash the dishes." Youngji volunteered as they calmed down.

"I'll help you." Hongbin followed. The guys smirked in an instant. Hongbin just rolled his eyes.

"I can manage." She insisted.

The guys went back to the living room while Youngji washed the dishes. Hongbin had second thoughts of leaving her alone. He just felt the need to watch over Youngji instead of being with the boys watching daily news on television.

"Hongbin, you can go watch with them. I can do this," Youngji stated for the sixth time already.

"I'm fine here with you, no worries," he retorted.

Youngji sighed and continued washing the plates until she saw a cockroach flying in front of her.

"Holy !" She exclaimed. As she cursed, the plate she was washing fell on the floor. Worst part, it was a ceramic plate. It broke into pieces.

Hongbin, who was sitting at the dining table, tried to catch the cockroach until it flew to the living room. The guys over there suddenly had a commotion until Leo caught and killed the little pest. While they were starting to be sane again, Youngji was problematic about something. The plate fell on her feet.

"," she muttered under her breath. Hongbin immediately looked at her feet and saw a lot of wounds on it.

"Can you still walk?" He asked.

Youngji shook her head. He had no choice but to carry her. He grabbed her waist and carried her as if Youngji was a sack of rice. She suddenly screamed in horror.

"Lee Hongbin, please let me down!" She screeched.

"Do you have a medical kit in your room?" He asked instead of following her command.

"Yes I do, but please let me down for goodness' sake!"

"Where's your room?" He changed the topic.

"Darn it," Youngji whispered. "Second floor, left wing. The leftmost room. There's my name on it."

Instead of answering, he continued to carry her. VIXX was amused to see Hongbin carrying someone. They never say the guy carry anyone, even them. Worse, he carried her like a sack of rice. They couldn't avoid laughing at the two.

"Goddamn, can you all shut your mouths? This isn't a very nice situation," she irritatingly requested.

"But you two look funny!" Ravi answered back. Hongbin gave him the look. Ravi just his back and laughed silently. The others did the same.

In a few minutes (because Hongbin struggled carrying Youngji), they made it to her room. Hongbin carefully lay down Youngji on her bed. Youngji, who was still in a shock, kept quiet.

It wasn't hard for Hongbin to find the medical box that was on the girl's study table. He prepared the materials he needed to clean her wounds. He went out of the room first to shout to the guys not to come in her room. After, he came back inside and motioned Youngji to sit. He started to clean her wounds, slowly but surely.

"That stings," Youngji whined while Hongbin was placing Betadine on her wounds.

"It happened," Hongbin nonchalantly stated. "This will hurt a little more."

She nodded. "Who's going to clean the mess downstairs? I'm not yet done with the dishes."

Hongbin smiled and assured her, "Leo's probably cleaning the mess right now. If not him, then he would ask the other to clean it."

"Oh," she whispered. After that, she didn't mention anything else.

Hongbin quietly finished cleaning her wounds. Youngji drained all of her energy stressing out herself to what happened. Hongbin noticed she was about to sleep deeply. He lay her down on her bed, making sure that she would sleep comfortably over the night.

Before leaving her room, he left a note for the girl.

I hope you slept well. If you still feel that your feet is hurting, don't pressure yourself to come to school. Text me if you want me to come over to teach you. - Hongbin.

"Let's go home now," Hongbin said as he reached the living room. He saw the boys smiling at him weirdly. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing," Ken answered casually. "It's just refreshing to see your kind side to others."

The others nodded to Ken's statement. Hongbin just shook his head.

"Come on, it's getting late." Leo quietly said as he and Hongbin headed for the main door.

It was a long night for all of them, especially for Hongbin and Youngji.


Day 0020 | 06:20 by multipaaenida