Day 0079

06:20

DAY 0079


It was a weekend when Youngji was heading for the same playground she went to with Hongbin. Although it was a weekend, people were still going to and from the streets. Christmas isn't even there yet.

"Sorry," she said as a guy who was running bumped to her.

"What the ! Mind where you're walking!" The guy said as he frustratingly removed his cap. "Are you even in a hurry?"

"You're the one in a hurry!" Youngji screeched as her inner demon came out. "You're the one that should be sorry, but heck, you're mean!"

The guy shook his head. "," he muttered. "Whatever, you're a waste of time."

The guy walked away from her. Youngji sighed in frustration. She didn't want to be in that kind of scene, but the guy did it. Not only that, her inner demon showed up again. It's been a while since she became y, and she's quite scared now to see it come back.

She arrived at the playground with a gloomy heart. She went to the swings and sat there. She wanted some peace after what happened to her a while ago. Really, she didn't expect that.

"Hyung, I want to ride the swings," a little kid exclaimed a meter from the swing.

Youngji smiled. This guy is cute, she thought.

"Youngji?"

She looked at the guy who called her. It wasn't the little kid as the guy who called her had a deeper voice than a kid should have.

"Hey, Hyuk," she greeted. "Is this your brother?"

Hyuk nodded. He assisted his brother on riding the swing because the little guy can't reach the seat.

"He's cute," she said as she pinched the kid's cheeks. "What's your name?"

"Aw," the kid whined as he rubbed his cheeks. "I'm Han Soo. It's nice to meet you noona!"

Youngji couldn't resist the guy's cuteness and hugged her. She isn't really nice to kids, but seeing this guy made her heart flutter. This was one cute guy indeed.

"I'm Park Youngji-noona. And you are one cute kid, Soo," she said when she calmed down.

"Thank you, noona."

Youngji smiled. She wished to have a younger sibling, but it never happened. Not everything we want happens, right?

"Hey, noona. Why are you here?" Hyuk asked.

"Nothing, I just need fresh air."

"Did something happen between you and Hongbin?"

Youngji's face turned into a shade of red. "What? No!"

"Then why the face? You seem down."

"I just bumped into a random guy running a while ago," she shared. "I should be the one mad, but damn, he had the guts to be mad at me. Am I even wrong? I was even the one who asked for apology!"

Hyuk chuckled. "There are really guys like that—being jerks for no good reason. Not cool, bro. Not cool."

"Never cool," she corrected the freshmen. "Anyway, your brother's cute!"

"Like brother, like baby," he joked.

 "Whatever," she blurted. "Why are you here, anyway?"

"He likes to come here during a Saturday," Hyuk explained as he pushed the swing where his little brother sat. "He's going to be ten soon and he still likes it here."

"Higher, hyung!" Soo shouted as he reached to the maximum height Hyuk pushed him to.

"No, no, no! You'll fall!" The older brother warned.

"I really like your brother! He's too adorable, and I really wanted to have a younger sibling before," Youngji shared.

"Don't you have any siblings from your biological family, or even in Gyuri-noona's family?"

"I'm an only child, and Gyuri is also an only child."

"That explains."

Before asking anything else, Hyuk assisted his little brother in getting down from the swing. Soo wanted some ice cream, so the two went to the stall that sells them. Youngji tagged along because it was Hyuk's treat.

After buying some ice cream, they sat on one of the playground's benches. Little Soo happily ate his ice cream, while the older ones slowy ate as they were talking at the same time.

"What happened to your biological family?" Hyuk asked.

"Hongbin knows," Youngji replied. It's not that she doesn't trust him. She just felt that Hongbin should be the one to tell him instead.

"Hongbin? Wow, you really trust that guy."

"I do." Youngji smiled as she told that. "I mean, he seems that he really keeps secrets safe."

"Is that all?"

"Why, what do you want me to say?" Youngji asked out of curiosity.

"Do you like him?" Hyuk asked back instead of answering her question.

Her brows crossed. Like? Not really fit for Youngji.

"Eh? I don't get you," she ranted.

"Seriously, you don't get what I mean? Hongbin is a really nice guy! He's handsome, he's smart, he's a kind-hearted man—how can you not like him? A lot of girls like him, so why doesn't Park Youngji, the girl getting close to Lee Hongbin, notice him?"

Youngji suddenly blushed again. Hyuk saw that, but didn't tell the girl. He didn't want to be killed right now.

"I admit, he's really a good guy," she confessed. "He's my life changer. Yes, you also helped me be better, but Hongbin is a guy of deep lessons. I can't help but wait for him to give me more advices and stuff."

"So do you like him?" Hyuk asked again.

"If that like has a deeper meaning, then no. I just like him because he's a good friend. That's all."

Hyuk smiled. He knew that Youngji would answer that.

"Here's an advice I would like to give. Right now, you may seem to like him as a friend only, but I'm sure that your meaning of like for him will change. You haven't been with him for long that's why you're saying things. But believe me, you've only seen a third of his true colors. You might be surprised someday, but this is true. You'll thank me for telling this to you."

"How can you be so sure about it?" Youngji asked. "You seem to be full of it."

"Nah, I'm just stating the truth. Don't worry, Hongbin is serious when it comes to a relationship. He's sincere when he likes someone."

"I don't believe you," she told him the truth. "If this happens, then thank you."

Hyuk laughed. "You're welcome."

"Hyung, let's go home! It's almost lunch already," Soo whined after he threw the ice cream cup in the trash can.

"Let's go," Hyuk said as he held Soo's hand. "If you want to talk about it, I'm here. All the others are here. We'll listen to your thoughts," he told Youngji.

The two started walking away. Youngji remained seated as she watched them go. She can't help but think about what Hyuk said to her.

Me, liking Hongbin? Yeah, sure. But only as friends. I don't think my heart can go any further than that...or not. Damn, Han Hyuk! Why did you even mention that to me? (Youngji)


Day 0079 | 06:20 by multipaenida