Day 0016

06:20

DAY 0016


A week has passed after Hongbin and Youngji fixed some things within the group. After that dinner, Hongbin started to get used on Youngji's jolly acting, which he mocks about it when he teaches the girl. "Try harder on your acting, Park Youngji," Hongbin joked one time when he was teaching her. Youngji just laughed and continued what they were doing.

Although the two are okay (and so is VIXX with Youngji), they haven't talked yet in private. They didn't open up their pending talk since then. 5VIXX is asking Youngji if they have talked already (they can't ask Hongbin because he'll kill them for being nosy), but the girl says that they'll talk about it in time. She can't talk about it yet, so does Hongbin.

Today happened to be a weekend, so VIXX decided to go to their own homes to visit their parents. Hongbin was the last one to leave because he volunteered to do so. He really wanted to go home already, but there's something bugging him. He can't go home unless this bugging feeling goes away.

He was fixing Hyuk and Ravi's room when someone was ringing the doorbell outside.

"I'll be coming," he said as he turned off the vacuum cleaner. He went straight to the door to see Leo rushing in the flat. "Did you forget something, hyung?" He asked.

"Yeah, I forgot my Physics book," Leo said as he went inside their room. "Did you clean here?" He asked from their room.

"Yup! I placed your Physics book on your shelf," Hongbin replied.

"Thanks! I got it," Leo said, showing his Physics book. "I'll go now, okay? Make sure that everything's fixed before you leave."

Hongbin nodded and went back to clean Hyuk and Ravi's room. Why does Kim Ravi leave his clothes like a snake removing his skin? He asked himself as he placed Ravi's clothes in the laundry bin. After a few minutes, Hongbin was done fixing Hyuk and Ravi's room. He went to the dining room to see if the guys left any plated unwashed (good thing there was none because it was VIXX's flat rule number one). He was about to sweep there when someone rang the doorbell again.

"Did you forget something again, Leo-hyung?" Hongbin shouted while he apporached the door.

He was shocked to see Youngji infront of their door. What is Park Youngji doing in our flat on a weekend? He asked in his mind.

"Hey," Youngji softly spoke. "Are you alone?"

"Yeah, they all left. I'll leave too after I clean the flat."

"Can I come in?"

"Suit yourself," he replied. "You can open the television if you want to watch. I'll be in the dining room if you need anything."

Youngji nodded and went inside. Hongbin returned in sweeping the floor in the dining room. After cleaning the flat, he sat beside Youngji who was watching Phineas and Ferb.

"Why are you exactly here?" Hongbin asked out of the blue.

She didn't hear him clearly. "Pardon?"

"Why are you here on a weekend? I'm not going to tutor you today," Hongbin revised the question.

She sighed. "I honestly don't know. My feet brought me here."

Instead of letting her leave, he just nodded. They both watched how the two brothers were building a rollercoaster across Danville.

"What was your first impression on me?" Hongbin asked, out of the blue again.

Youngji turned off the television before answering his question. "Scary? When you first smiled at me, I knew there was something off. I was about to say something back then when you gave me the look. I got scared by that look. I don't know, your eyes are freaking me out. It's like a drug I want to avoid but I can't."

He chuckled. "Sorry about that."

Youngji smiled and continued, "You were scary, but honestly you're cool. I felt that you were irritated already when I asked a lot of questions during my tour around Jelpi, but you still managed to answer them coolly. Seeing you with VIXX, you seem like a tranquilizer to them. You were the one keeping the group sane."

"Thank you," Hongbin said after. "What did you think of me when the cafeteria scene happened?"

Youngji's face fell a little. She didn't want to talk about it. I guess it's time to tell the truth, she thought.

"I'll be honest here. I thought you were mad at me. I know you didn't want me to join in your table, but Hyuk insisted that they wanted to meet me. You were there, right? I wanted to meet them too, so I joined you. I thought you weren't coming because I came, but you still went to your table. You were calmly eating there until Ravi mentioned the tiger-taming thing. I wondered what it meant, so I asked Hyuk. He told me about making you rougher than you normally are. I didn't know that statement would fume you. When you left the table, I thought I was the one at fault. It turned out to be those two."

Hongbin nodded in response. Instead of talking, he paused for a while to think. He didn't want to hurt her by his words again.

"Do you want to know my first impression on you?" He asked. Youngji nodded. "The moment you greeted me, I was so irritated. It felt like you wanted to piss me off. You were too jolly with me. I hate it when you do aegyo, especially if you whine. That was unnecessary, seriously."

"Sorry," she whispered.

"We're cool. Anyway, VIXX knew that I have tutor duties with you. Ken told me that you're one of a kind in your previous school, but he told me that I should know it from you, not him. It turns out you were schoolmates before. I actually wonder why Ken didn't tell me about your bad history when he actually told it to the others."

Youngji absorbed everything Hongbin said. It was time she had to ask this question. "Hongbin, what went through your mind when I wanted to go with you in the cafeteria before?"

He breathed heavily before started talking. "I was irritated when you followed me. You have Gyuri-noona to accompany you. You had friends. When you answered me about the friend thing, I didn't undsterdand you. I wanted you to leave me and let me have peace there. That was my fault, but I still accepted that you can join the others. To cool myself down, I went to the cafeteria to buy my food. When I came back, you seem fine with them. I let it slide since I thought there's nothing wrong. Well, not until Ravi mentioned that line. I tried to keep calm but I didn't like Hyuk's explanation to you. I'm sorry about the rage blackout. I knew it would hurt you unintentionally."

Youngji smiled sadly. "Thank you for clearing this up. But, can I ask another question?"

"Sure, I'm not in a rush."

"Why where you mad with the tiger-taming line? And why did you accept your tutor duty to me? I can get a personal tutor myself, so why?"

Hongbin muttered a soft 'oh' before thinking what he should answer to her. Youngji felt nervous for an unknown reason.

"Let's just say you're the one that's made me pissed off the most. I hate it when they shove that line to my face. Honestly, that line and my tutor duty has a connection with each other. When they knew about you, they told me that line. I just told them that I had to teach you because Leo-hyung can't."

"Oh, so Hyuk's explanation was near?" Youngji asked.

"Yeah, sort of. About the tutor duty, like what everyone says about me, I'm the sane one. In the group, I'm the only one that could teach you well. Plus we're in the same year. Ravi's in the same year too, but he's a badass. I'm just not sure whose worse, you or him."

Youngji threw the sofa pillow to him and laughed. "I hate the last part! I'm not that mean!"

"Says by the worst female of Woollim Middle School who had the highest case of bullying there. I'd love to see the sugar-free version of you," Hongbin joked.

"I'm trying to have a fresh start here!" Youngji retorted.

"But you can't erase old habits easily," Hongbin shot back. "But that's fine, we're here to help you out."

Youngji smiled. She never felt this assured before. "Thank you, Hongbin. I'll note that."

Hongbin just nodded and the television again to see Finding Nemo showing on Disney Channel.


Day 0016 | 06:20 by multipaenida