Day 0005

06:20

DAY 0005


Since yesterday, Hongbin decided not to go to class after what happened in the cafeteria that day. His reason? He doesn't want to burst again. He doesn't want to tutor Youngji if he's in tension. He doesn't want to scare the girl away, although it really seems he's scaring her in the girl's view.

Without the hyungs and Hyuk, Hongbin felt at peace. The guys didn't question him on the day it happened (probably because Hongbin might have a rage blackout again), and Hongbin gave them vague answers when they had their casual talk yesterday. Of course he knew that he'll be questioned no matter what, so he's enjoying the peace he feels right now. He'll just catch up on his studies later on.

Hongbin was watching American Ninja Warrior 7 on television when Ken came in early.

"Yo, Lee bro," Ken greeted as he sat down beside Hongbin. "Are you fine now?"

Hongbin showed his infamous 'Bin Smile. "Yeah, I guess. Not until N starts interrogating me later."

Ken chuckled. "Cha NNNNN will always interrogate you until you speak." He paused for a little and spoke again, "But, what's going to happen tomorrow? In the next few days? You can't avoid Youngji until you quit your tutor duty."

Hongbin sighed. "Lee bro, I won't bring in any personal issue with my tutor duty. If she brings that up when I'm teaching her, then I'll call it a day."

Ken glanced at the television, seeing how Kyle Cochran failed his attempt on the Mini Silk Slider. "If you can't tolerate it, just quit."

Hongbin nodded at the suggestion. Few minutes later, the rest of the guys started showing up. They were shocked to see Ken at home this early, but not at Hongbin who was coolly watching Wipeout now at the moment. N was about to greet Hongbin when Ken grabbed him to the kitchen.

Hongbin knew that the night was still long, so he decided to sleep first before the guys ask him again about what happened the day before.


Youngji went home early since she had no tutor to teach her. She wanted to go to Hongbin's house (although she doesn't know where) to ask him to help her, and ask him what went wrong. Hyuk invited her but she rejected for no good reason.

Aish, why did I even reject Hyuk's invitation! Youngji said as she threw her notebook on her bed.

She was in middle of doing her assignment in Biology when her mom called out for dinner. She was already eating when her sister Gyuri arrived. It seemed a busy day for the SC Secretary. She wanted to ask help for her studies, but she backed out and continued eating instead as if she didn't see her.

"Youngji, how's your studies? Does your tutor help you?" Gyuri asked as she sat down in front of Youngji.

"Yeah, he's good. And he's fun to be with," Youngji lied.

"Really? If you have problems with your studies, you can go approach him as long as it's within his tutor line."

Youngji nodded and continued with her food. She excused herself as soon as she finished eating and went back to her room. She didn't want to talk about her tutor because she isn't really good at lying.

In the middle of studying Geometry, her conversation with Ken suddenly flashed on her mind.

"Park Youngji, right?" Ken asked as soon as the two of them reached the oval.

Youngji nodded in silence. She's nervous at the moment. Why is Lee Ken, one of Hongbin's friends, talking to her in a serious and private manner?

"Park Youngji, the worst female of Woollim Middle School. Has done a lot of violations concerning the school premises. Is the record holder for the most bullying cases in the school."

Youngji couldn't believe what she's hearing. How come does Ken know her? Did they became schoolmates before?

"And...isn't Park Youngji at all."

She was about to slap Ken when he held her arm. "Let me go, you !" She almost screamed.

"When are you going to tell this to all of us?" Ken asked seriously.

Youngji calmed down before saying anything wrong that might slip from . "Who are you, Lee Ken?"

Ken smirked. "I'm Lee Ken, former student of Woollim Middle School. Ex-boyfriend of Ahn Hani. Golden couple not until Hani had the accident. I know you, Heo Youngji."

"How dare you call my real last name!" Youngji shouted. Good thing there was no one in the oval when she did.

"Aren't you proud of it?"

Ken was starting to cross Youngji's line. She was freaking out, at the same time raging in fear and in anger. "You have no right to throw these at me," she started. "Yes, I am adopted. I am Heo Youngji. Worst female, whatever. But you don't have the right to make me recall everything that happened in the past, Lee Ken. You know a bit of me, but you have no right to speak into my face what my life has been. I'm still being kind, so please shut your mouth until I finally get the courage to tell it to them."

Ken smirked. "I knew it."

"What?"

Ken chuckled a little. "You came here to Jellyfish High to clear the name you left in Woollim Middle School, right? You tried to be jolly so people will remember you as the jolly Park Youngji. Good luck with that. But remember, I can tell all of these to the others...including Hongbin."

Youngji sighed. She's defeated. "Okay, I'll tell them in time."

Instead of studying further, she closed her Geometry book and lay down on her bed.

When will she tell them? In time. When she's ready.


Day 0005 | 06:20 by multipaenida


i'll explain. there is no day 0004. the progession of the number of days doesn't happen consistently, meaning the events don't happen day after day. there would be some events that will go by the day after day scenario, but they will always have intervals no matter what. to put it in a simpler form, the day 001 and so on are just titles of the chapter. i hope no one gets confused.

on the other note, thank you for subscribing and giving comments and voting the story! (sobs in an ugly manner) i never expected that you would get hooked to the story. i just get shocked everytime the notifs button go red. (laughs) still, thank you! i love you guys!

xoxo, jays