Day 0002

06:20

DAY 0002


"Hongbin bro! How was your day?" Ravi asked as soon as Hongbin closed the door.

N, Leo, Ken, Ravi, Hongbin and Hyuk are roommates in the Cube Condominium. N and Leo were the first ones who were roommates, until N invited Ken to stay with them since they all study at Jellyfish High. Leo invited Ravi and Hongbin together the moment the two were freshmen. Ken later invited Hyuk to stay with them since he met the dongsaeng studying at Jellyfish Middle School, and learned that Hyuk travels two hours in order to go to school.

And that's how VIXX was made: Very Important eXtraordinary X-men. Forgive N and his 'creative' mind.

"Normal day," Hongbin said as he placed his coat on the coat rack.

"I heard you became a tutor yesterday," Hyuk gossiped while eating his dinner.

"Yeah, it though. She's one hell of an energy pill," Hongbin confessed.

"Park Youngji, right?" Ken asked when he got out of their room. "I heard she's one of a kind in her old school."

"Eh?" Hongbin wondered. "What's with that girl?"

"It's her story to tell, Hongbin. She'll tell it to you someday when things are in place."

Ken went to the kitchen after telling that to Hongbin. He went to their room and changed, and headed for the kitchen to cook his own food.

VIXX's rules in their flat? One, cook your own food and clean your own plate. Two, never mess with Jung Leo (yes, this is a rule). Three, always keep the flat clean. Four,  do not disturb a roommate when tired. Five, daily casual talk during the evening.

And this is what they'll do right now.

Hongbin was the first one to sit in the sofa while having his ramen. The hyungs (N and Leo) went out of their room after studying for their long test in Mathematics. Ravi was next to sit after taking a shower. Hyuk cleaned his plate before sitting, and Ken? Well let's say he was finishing his dinner in the dining space before heading to the sofa.

"Hongbin, why didn't you eat in the dining space?" N asked.

"Hyung, this is ramen. I can eat this anywhere. Ken made a feast for himself this evening that's why he's last to come," Hongbin casually answered.

N sighed. "Anyway, how's the day? English , big time. I almost failed the pop quiz this morning."

"Wow," Ravi said in an amused tone. "Cha NNNNN almost failed his English quiz. First time."

They all laughed. "What? Am I not allowed to fail once?"

"Yeah, for a running honorable student!" Hyuk joked. They all laughed again.

"Aish! Stop that topic! Ravi! I heard you went to the detention room again. When will you ever start attending your classes?"

Ravi was shocked. "What? I didn't cut classes today!"

"What?" They were all astonished.

"Why were you in the detention room this afternoon?" Ken asked.

Ravi was about to explain when Leo spoke, "Bullying. He punched a bunch of freshmen who were challenging him."

"Kim Ravi, please be a good student. Please," N sternly said.

"Yeah, yeah. I will," Ravi unwillingly replied.

"That's good! Ken-ah, Hyuk-ah! How was your day?" N asked the two.

Ken was the first to answer. "Typical day, talked with Gookjoo-noona and savored the cafeteria's food."

They all hissed. By the way, Gookjoo-noona is the cafeteria head. They're close since Ken always stays in the cafeteria.

"I felt like I'm in a shoujo manga when I opened my locker this afternoon. A pile of fan letters fell from my locker! Why the hell do I have a lot of admirers?" Hyuk ranted.

They all laughed hard. The others are popular too, but Hyuk's level is a level no other guy can reach.

"Hey Hongbin, how is Youngji? Is she doing good?" Leo asked after they calmed down. All eyes were with him.

No, and never will. She bragged about her new uniform like everyone should really know that she's wearing Jelpi's uniform. She kept on asking stuff when I toured her this lunch. She keeps on doing aegyo. She whines constantly. I quit this , Leo. Park Hyoshin CD? Never mind, I'll earn for that. (Hongbin)

"Ah, her? She's really great!" Hongbin stressed the word 'really'. Obviously, he's disgusted at himself right now. "I toured her around the campus, and she's fine!" He said in a jolly manner. Seriously, I'm going to puke at what I'm saying, he thought.

They all looked at Hongbin and smiled creepily. "What?" He asked.

"Did the tiger tame the lion, or did the lion tame the tiger?" N randomly asked. All of them got what he meant, and that includes Hongbin who's really pissed right now.

"Guys, I'm tutoring her for the sake of Jung Leo who can't attend on her. I don't have any choice, okay?" Hongbin unnecessarily explained. The others just looked at Leo who smirked at them back.

Hyuk sighed. "There's no point digging more on them. You know this guy, his secrets are six feet under the ground. And besides, the two just met recently."

All of them agreed. What's the point digging up something unworthy digging for, right?

"Ah, let's end the day. I'm damn tired," Leo said while stretching his arms.

"Yeah, it's kind of late already. Good night, guys!" Ravi added.

All of them said their 'good nights' and headed for their rooms. N and Leo are roommates since they are both the elders. Hyuk and Ravi share a room as last resort.

That leaves Ken and Hongbin being roommates since these two are the closest to each other.

"Hongbin, I know that you lied," Ken said when Hongbin got inside of their room.

Hongbin was caught off guard, but he tried to be calm. "Hyung, I'm sincere. She's really great."

Ken rolled his eyes. "Lee bro, you're bad at lying. You were sarcastic when you  said she's really great," he said as he imitated how Hongbin said 'really great' when they were talking about it. "Tell me about it, I'll keep this from Leo-hyung."

Hongbin lay down on bed and stared at the ceiling. "Yes Ken-hyung, I lied earlier. I didn't want Leo to know how she was hard to be with when we're together. Leo-hyung pressured me on this one, and I don't want to fail him. Besides, my Hyoshin CD is at stake. I can't lose that."

Ken chuckled. "Wow, Hyoshin's CD is the bribe again. But seriously, you had the chance to say no. Why did you accept his favor in the first place?"

He sighed. "Last resort. Hyung-line are so busy, you and Ravi are always missing in action, Hyuk won't be able to teach a sophomore."

Ken tsk-ed. "You're the sane one from the six of us, that's why. N's nagging while teaching, Leo would just scare her away, I'm always lost after class, Ravi fails his subjects, and Hyuk wouldn't teach her but treat her to gopchang instead."

Hongbin didn't get his point. "Please enlighten me, Lee bro. I don't get it."

Ken smiled. "Lee bro, you're the normal one from the six of us. NNNNN nags and shows affections a lot. Leo scares people away once they meet him. I nag too much as well, plus overwhelming aegyo. Ravi is one hell of a bad boy. Hyuk is obsessed over a lot of stuff. You? You're the one that keeps us sane. You know how to mingle yet you know how to control ourselves. You're the neutral one here."

Hongbin just nodded, but there's one thing that makes everything blurry in Hongbin's point. "Lee bro, do you know Youngji? Even before?"

Ken just smiled. "You came from Starship Middle School, right?" Hongbin nodded. "We were both schoolmates in her former school."

Hongbin gasped. "What? You mean she came from Woollim Middle School?"

"Yeah, but that's the only thing I can tell you."

Hongbin jokingly pushed Ken. "Lee bro! Tell me what you know about her!"

Ken shook his head. "If you're thinking I'll tell you, no. I know you'll use that against her. You should be the one to explore about her. But believe me, you'll be shocked about her."

Hongbin sighed. "Fine, Lee bro. I trust you."


Day 0002 | 06:20 by multipaenida


Um, hi? Thanks for giving my story a shot. I never expected that some of you would subscribe here. (cries) I hope you'll like this until the end. Thank you so much!

xoxo, jays

ps. sorry for the typos last chapter, i just realized it when i was reading it again in my mobile.