Day 0125

06:20

DAY 0125


The guys of GOT7 were heading to somewhere. JB was the one driving their van, while Mark is seated beside him. The rest were seated at the middle–except for one.

“Is he okay?” Bambam asked while looking at the view outside.

“We didn’t put him in a sack, so he’ll be fine,” Youngjae joked.

All of them laughed at what happened before they left their dormitory. Ever since N invited them over, Jackson didn’t want to go with them. “I don’t want to go, and that’s final,” Jackson said yesterday while they were having breakfast. No one bothered asking him (because the guys knew), but he said it to be sure.

GOT6 felt a pang of guilt thinking that they won’t go with Jackson. So for the gang to be complete, they thought of a plan to force Jackson into coming with them. Before the sun rose today, they carried Jackson to their van and they let him sleep there until they get to VIXX’s flat. It was a sneaky, yet simple plan. Because of that, they were forced to leave their dorm early. Good thing JB reminded N before he slept, so it wasn’t a problem at all.

While on the road, JB didn’t notice a hump coming. The guys heard a thumping sound and immediately looked at the back. They slightly forgot they had a passenger there.

“, my head hurts,” Jackson said half-asleep.

GOT6 tried their best to keep quiet while Jackson was starting to get his senses and familiarize himself with the surroundings.

When Jackson was finally awake, he asked, “Where the are we going? Why didn’t you wake me up? WHY DID YOU CARRY ME OUT OF BED?”

The guys in the middle looked at him and smiled. “Do you remember what day it is?” Junior asked.

“It’s Saturday, right?” Jackson asked without feeling anything strange from them.

“Duh, no,” Youngjae started. “Today is–”

“–WE’RE-GOING-TO-VIXX’S-FLAT day,” they all chorused.

Jackson was puzzled with the guys’ reply. He rubbed his eyes and shook his head. When he felt that it wasn’t a dream, he shouted, “What the ! I told you guys that I didn’t want to go! Stop the van, I’m going down!”

JB chuckled from the driver’s seat. “I could grant your wish,” he paused as he slowed down. “But I already told N that you’re coming with us, and most probably he already told the good news to his friends,” he continued as he suddenly sped up.

“Ya, JB! Let me go down from this van! I have an emergency!” Jackson screeched.

“What emergency, then?”

Jackson paused for a while to think. He tried his best to let his creative juices flow, but his mind wasn’t really working at the moment. He’s still blank with the news that’s he’s going to VIXX’s flat.

“Hm, you can’t think of any excuse?” JB asked after minute. “Well then, you’re coming whether it’s in your favor or not.”

Jackson sighed and just nodded. It seems like today will be a long day for him.


“Is everything in order, already?” N asked the guys from the living room. “It’s almost eight in the morning!”

“I just need to garnish this macaroni!” Leo replied from the kitchen. He was cooking his specialty, macaroni with rose sauce, for their coming guests.

“We’re done with the rooms!” Hyuk shouted from outside his room. Ken and Ravi followed.

“Hongbin! Is the bathroom clean already?”

Instead of shouting his reply, he just showed his right thumb up to N. N just nodded and proceeded to his room to get dressed.

Hongbin was aware enough that GOT7 is coming with Jackson. Although he does not like that idea, he just reminded himself to keep calm. Besides, the six other guys are coming with him. He could interact with those people smoothly. But with Jackson, he’s not really about that.

Just be sane, Hongbin, he chanted to himself.

The doorbell rang twice. Since Hongbin was the nearest to it, he was the one who opened the door. He was shocked to see Youngji at an ungodly moment.

He felt his cheeks turn to red. He wasn’t prepared. Plus in all honestly, the guys knew that only GOT7 would come today.

“Come in,” he shyly said. “Sorry, I’m not yet dressed. I’m still cleaning our bathroom.”

“Nah, that’s okay.” She chuckled. “Anyway, where can I put these kimbap I made?”

“Just place it at the dining table,” he replied. “I’ll be back shortly.”

With that, Youngji went straight to the dining room while Hongbin went back cleaning the bathroom. He had to rush cleaning it because a visitor was already there, and he suddenly felt that GOT7 may ring the doorbell any minute now.

He finished his work in three and a half minutes. After he was done, he went straight to his room to change. He had a problem a though, he didn’t know what to wear for the day.

“Hey, don’t pressure yourself in choosing your outfit,” Ken said as he entered the room. “We’re not going out, okay?”

“But still…” Hongbin trailed off. “Well…aside from the fact that Youngji’s there, I also want to look nice to the boys. I’m still thinking that I scared them before.”

Ken chuckled. He suddenly remembered how Hongbin threateningly cursed at Jackson. It was indeed a scary moment for them.

“Okay then, just take your time,” Ken said before he left.

Hongbin gave a salute and continued deciding on what to wear for the day. As soon as he was done, he headed to the living room and started talking to Youngji, who was focused on watching.

“I wasn’t informed that you’re coming here,” he started.

Youngji face him and asked, “Pardon? Sorry, I wasn’t attentive to you.”

Hongbin showed his patented smile and repeated the same statement.

Stay cool, Youngji, she thought. “Oh, about that…” she trailed off. “I had second thoughts of coming. I wanted to go at first, but then I thought today was a hangout for you guys. JB asked me last night to come just in case Jackson comes awkward later on, but I subtly refused him on that. It just happened that N texted me earlier to come over. I guess I was really invited after all, the guys just forgot to tell me. But wait, why didn’t you invite me over?”

Hongbin was shocked at the question. Why didn’t he invite her in the first place?

“I thought of it more as the guys’ hangout. It’s not that we wanted to exclude you, but more of we wanted to know GOT7 more.  Hello, we’ve been together for months now.”

“Right, I get your point. But do you think that today’s going to be fine, especially that you and Jackson have to interact with each other?”

Hongbin was in deep thought. Will today be a good day for him and Jackson?

He was about to answer when he heard the doorbell rang. Instead of telling his real answer, he faced Youngji and said, “We’ll see as the day progresses.”

N rushed to the door to see who rang the doorbell. It was finally their guests for the day, GOT7. The others went to the entrance to see all—oops, most—of the members giving their jolly smiles. Mark just gave a small smile, while Jackson…let’s say he’s trying his best to show a smile but he really couldn’t smile at all.

“Welcome to our flat!” N greeted brightly.

The guys of GOT7 got in and scanned the flat. They couldn’t help but notice the effort VIXX put in to make their humble abode presentable to them.

“Wow, it feels like I’m not in a guy’s flat,” Bambam amusingly said to them. “It’s squeaky clean!”

“And it feels like we’re in a model apartment,” Yugyeom added. They all chuckled at him.

“Only for you, guys,” N said in a cheesy way. The guys faked their coughing, while Youngji just chuckled.

She was happy to see the two groups being cool with each other. When they first met, she felt that the tension was real between them. First, she wasn’t expecting that GOT7 took part in this year’s SESP. Second, she didn’t want to see Jackson. The Christmas break was enough for her. Lastly, she was afraid of Hongbin’s reaction. She was afraid because she didn’t mention anything about GOT7.

Why would she tell anyway? She isn’t obliged to tell Hongbin about her daily experiences in life. Plus, it would be a waste of load if she texted or called him, since he was on his roaming number that time.

“Hey, you seem spaced out,” Hongbin whispered out of the blue.

“Sorry, I just thought of something,” she admitted.

“Care to…tell?”

While 5VIXX and GOT7 were talking to each other, Youngji pulled his arm and went straight to their balcony. Hongbin just smiled. He missed the way Youngji pulls his arm while running, as if they were entering another world. He liked the thought of it.

“I just find it amusing,” Youngji said after a moment of silence.

“What about it?”

“I never thought the two of you would hang out,” she started off. “When I first met GOT7, I thought they were a bunch of freshmen. They were so lively back then. Our first meeting wasn’t that long since I had to head home early, but they had the youthful vibe that you guys lacked of.”

Hongbin’s eyes lost its sparkle. “Aren’t we that…youthful?”

Youngji chuckled. “Ah, no, it’s not like that! You guys are youthful as well, but the thing is...you guys are the mature ones. Do you get it? I’m kind of messed up, sorry. I treat your group as my older brothers. I know you’re youthful too. Every time you’d hang out and chitchat, you guys would laugh your asses out. In that way, I felt you were youthful as well. But I noticed something the more we spent time together. You handled situations maturely. There we’re times that you guys would almost fight over petty things, but then you just laugh it out and act as if nothing happened. And the way you treat me as your dongsaeng, I think that’s more than enough to say that you guys matured already.”

Hongbin smiled and asked, “So, the bottom line is?”

“I never thought that two groups that are opposite of each other could bond well. Well…for most of them. I still couldn’t pinpoint why you and Jackson couldn’t get along well.”

Hongbin sighed. “Have I been mean again? I remember not doing anything rude to him during the week.”

“I know, I know. You’re being calm when you two are together, but you seem to be a little…civil? As if you two are not friends, neither you two are enemies. You get my point?”

“I’m still adjusting to him. We’ll get along soon.”

“Should I expect that?”

Hongbin paused for a while. “I guess,” he mumbled. “Anyway, I kind of missed you. Can we hang out soon? I’ve seen you with GOT7 lately, plus you don’t really approach me that much when it comes to your studies.”

Youngji felt her face turn to a shade of pinkish red. Oh my geez, she was freaking out in her mind. “What the hell, are we spending time together just for the sake of my studies? Geez, I’m doing well because of you in the first place! And besides, doesn’t this count as a hang out already?”

What did I say, again, Hongbin realized. I’m screwed. “I mean the two of us together…if that’s fine with you.”

Although she was hesitating, she slowly nodded. “Why not? It’s just a friendly hang out.”

“Great,” he shyly replied. “Come on, let’s go back. They might wonder already.”

Youngji went back to the living room first, followed by Hongbin. Good thing, no one noticed that they were gone for a while. They were so engrossed talking to each other when they didn’t notice that the two went out of the scene.

Great, what have I just done, Hongbin thought as he was firmly seated, listening at how N shares how he and JB became friends. I even told her that I missed her! Crap, I can’t believe I did that!

I can’t believe Hongbin just asked me if we could hang out, Youngji thought on the other hand. I hope I don’t freak out when that day comes.


“Guys, don’t you want to eat? I’m starving already!” Youngjae asked after he heard the snakes inside his stomach.

It has been two hours since the guys talked about random stuff. They started off with how N and JB were friends, to how Ken and Youngjae interacted with each other in their elementary years, to how everyone else suddenly became close, with the exception of Hongbin and Jackson. You know why.

Everyone headed for the dining room to get their serving of macaroni and kimbap. After getting their shares, they headed back to the living room.

Except for Hongbin and Jackson.

Hongbin plainly wanted to eat in the dining table. It wasn’t because he didn’t want to mingle with them. He’s just messy when it comes to eating kimbap, and he didn’t want to spill anything on the couch or on the carpet.

Jackson intentionally stayed, just to make Hongbin pissed. He isn’t that dumb not to know it.

“Why stay here? Are you afraid to have another rage blackout in front of them?” Jackson teased.

Hongbin looked up to see Jackson smirking at him. He only sighed and continued eating. He wasn’t in the mood for childish fights.

“Am I true, or am I true?” Jackson once again teased after hearing nothing from him.

Hongbin knows what to do with this one: just ignore whatever he says. He’ll shut up eventually.

“Not really going to say anything?” Jackson once again pushed his patience. “Have you become mute?”

“I’m busy eating, okay?” Hongbin irritatingly asked when he had enough. “Would you mind?”

“You know, I’m not that dumb. I know why you’re protective over her.”

With the last statement, he had to stop eating. “I’m sorry, what? Is this about Youngji?”

Jackson laughed, of all things. “Wow, you’re smart. I know you like her.”

I know you like her.

When this certain scene comes up, the one caught red handed becomes stiff and start to deny the case at hand until he couldn’t hold on any longer.

Hongbin knew he’s caught, but then he knew better.

Of all things, he just chuckled.

His chuckle was so deep that it scared Jackson. He never thought provoking Hongbin would backfire at him. He knew his kryptonite, he knew when to provoke him, but he didn’t know what to do when things would backfire at him.

They stayed silent for a while until Hongbin smiled. No, it wasn’t a smirk. It was really his patented smile. That scared Jackson more.

“You’re transparent,” Hongbin started off. His statement gave Jackson the chills on his spine. “You try to avoid Youngji, but then you want to get close to her. You thought I don’t know that? I notice the little things too, just in case you don’t know.”

Jackson couldn’t believe this. “How did you know?”

“You come around when she’s around. Remember the first day we met? I know you wouldn’t provoke me if you knew that I had no feelings for her. When we were at the library, you interrupted us when you could’ve just gone straight to the computer station. You always glance at the glass window when Youngji and I would pass by your current room, and a whole lot more.

“But the one thing that made me sure that you like her? You took her to your humble abode. You took her to your orphanage, your sanctuary. A casual friend wouldn’t do that in a span of days, right?”

Jackson felt defenseless. He wanted to fight back to Hongbin, but all the latter said was true. He really liked Youngji. When did it start? He didn’t exactly know. The time she healed his bruises, or the time when they were at the park and he heard her beautiful laugh? Heck, he’s not even sure. He just likes her, that’s pretty much he knows right now.

“I’m not forcing you to unlike her,” Hongbin said after noticing how Jackson was so nervous at the moment. “We’re all capable of who to like, it just happened that we liked the same person. I don’t want it to be a competition, but eventually it would. And we don’t have the right to force her to like us. After all, it’s her choice. The only thing we could do is to respect her, whatever decision she makes.

“I don’t know why I’m being kind despite we both like her. She’s special to me, and I know she’s special to you as well. Enemies don’t trust each other, as they say. Heck, I don’t know why I am exactly talking to you! Maybe because this is the reason why we won’t get along, it’s because of her.”

“Now, I’m starting to feel that you have the upper hand,” Jackson honestly stated. “I mean, look at you! You’re too kind.”

“You haven’t seen the whole of me yet,” Hongbin warned. “So does her.”

Jackson took a deep breath and said, “Now, I’m scared. I’ll ready myself in case you punch me in the face.”

“So do I,” Hongbin joked.

They just laughed. How in the world would two guys fighting for the same girl go along?


It was already six in the evening when GOT7 had to head back to their dormitory. VIXX was sad when they left, they were about to make dinner for all of them. Nevertheless, it was still a great day for all the guys and Youngji. They were even shocked when Hongbin and Jackson started to get along.

           “Wow, you guys are already friends?” Youngjae teased the two.

           They suddenly shifted their glances to Hongbin and Jackson, who were casually laughing a while ago. They noticed how to the two co-existed together without any walls. It was a relief.

          “Yes…and no,” Hongbin answered.

         The rest nodded and continued back to Yugyeom’s story that was cut.

Although Youngji was delighted by the great news, she was still sad some reason. All she wanted to happen is for the two to be friends. They’re starting off, but she thought that the tension might come soon. She shook off those thoughts of hers.

“Youngji, we’re here already,” JB said as he stopped the van at her house.

“Thank you for the day, guys,” she sincerely said as she went down.

But before she could enter their gate, Jackson shouted, “Youngji! Can we talk?”

She breathed deeply before she could face back and say, “Okay.”

Before getting down the van, Jackson motioned his friends to park near the plaza instead of waiting for him to finish. At first, the guys were teasing him, but Jackson already went down. That was their cue to drive away.

The two didn’t go elsewhere. They just sat on the sidewalk in front of the gate. No one bothered to speak out. They just enjoyed the silence, until Youngji decided to ask him.

“What do you want to talk about,” she slowly asked, making sure she didn’t say anything offensive.

Jackson took a deep breath. He didn’t want to ruin the moment, but he needed answers from her. And this was his chance to ask her about all the things he been wondering during the Christmas break.

“Are you avoiding me?”

Youngji bowed her head at his question. She knows what the answer is, but she couldn’t tell him easily for him not to hurt. Either way, they’re both hurting at their situation right now.

But at this time, Jackson’s hurting more than her.

“Why, is this because of the past? We were fine when we met again! What’s up, Youngji? Why are you angry at me if you were the one who ed our relationship?”

“ you,” she whispered. “Don’t open up about what we had.”

“Don’t open up?” Jackson stood up and massaged his temples. “Why wouldn’t I open up this one if I know that this has to do with something right now? , do you know what GOT7 told me when they saw you? They hoped that the past won’t repeat itself! You already broke my heart! Don’t tell me, you’re breaking it again!”

Youngji couldn’t calm herself down and slapped Jackson. “You think you’re the only one having a hard time here? Do you know why am I avoiding you? It’s only for you not to hurt more! Come on, I’m just doing a favor here! I know you don’t have any clue about what happened in this year’s SESP! I don’t even have a clue that you’re studying in Yedang! But why…why do you want me to get close to you as if nothing happened? Tell me, so I can be enlightened!”

No one bothered to speak up for a while. This is the first time they’ve fought over their relationship. They both didn’t expect that they’d come to this phase. All Youngji did was to avoid him, and all Jackson did was to come closer. They’ve ran in circles, and stopped to a point before the storm turn into a typhoon.

Jackson faced Youngji and looked straight into her eyes, “I…I want to start again. I want us to start again, leaving all our jerk selves behind. That’s all I want for the both of us.”

Youngji sighed and stared right back at his. This would hopefully be the best for them.

“’I can’t give you what you want. And no, I’m not sorry for that.”

She turned back and opened the gate. It was Jackson’s cue to go…and to be broken for the second time.


DAY 0125 | 06:20 by multipaenida


Oh my God!! Finally, an update to share with you guys! This took me longer than I expected, especially that I had a hard time with the last part. I hope you give some feed backs about this one, as this will be one of 06:20's turning points. And by the way, new cover (again)! I wanted the cover to be somehow aesthetic with textures, so here's my shot.

Anyway, the next update (as always) will be posted indefinitely. But don't worry, I have a rough plan on what to type in there. Hopefully I can start off after I do my Machine Project.

xoxo, jays