Day 0057

06:20

DAY 0057


Youngji was heading for the library to have her tutor session with Hongbin. She really needed this one because their finals are coming in a week. There were some things that Youngji's having a hard time with, and she needed the guy to teach her in those aspects.

She was going down the stairs when some guy grabbed her hand. She almost lost her balance, but the guy that grabbed her made her stood straight. The next thing the guy did? He placed his right arm over her right shoulder as if they were close.

She looked at the guy who grabbed her. It was N. She was about to speak when he gave him a look that said 'please go with the flow for goodness' sake'. She absentmindedly nodded; there was no other choice.

"What, you're courting a sophomore? Cha NNNNN, are you still thinking right? My gosh," a sophisticated girl in the same year as N asked.

"Why? Is there any law saying that I should only court girls the same age as mine? Park Sojin, stop chasing me for 's sake! There are some things that don't go well together, and we belong to that. I've stopped chasing you, so stop chasing me already," N stressfully said to the girl named Sojin.

Youngji saw Sojin clench her fists. She hated this kind of scene wherein the people rejected asks if there is still hope for them to be together. She knew it would happen next because she saw Sojin trying to not let her tears fall.

"Cha NNNNN, just answer this question. Will we have a time for each other?" Sojin nervously asked.

"Get a grip, Sojin! Let's not talk about it with my soon-to-be girlfriend."

"But I just want you to answer it!" She screamed. Youngji was frightened of the sudden outburst. "Please N, if you want me to stop chasing you."

"Shame on you," N spat out as he walked away with Youngji. When he knew that Sojin left, he faced Youngji and apologized.

"Is that an admirer?" Youngji asked instead of accepting his apology.

"Yeah, it though," he shared. "Wait, you have a tutor session with Hongbin, right? I'll take you there first before we talk about it."

"Thanks for remembering after grabbing me to do a scene all of a sudden," Youngji thanked in a y way.

N just chuckled and accompanied Youngji to the library. The moment they got there, they saw Hongbin nearly sleeping on his desk. Youngji sighed and felt sorry. She wouldn't let him wait if this didn't happen.

"Hongbin-ah," N woke up the dongsaeng. "Youngji's here."

The guy half-asleep said some words in a slurred way. N nudged him to wake up already to do his duties. Hongbin woke up and fixed himself to be presentable to the girl. After that, he placed the things he needed for today on the table and faced the tutee. N sat beside Youngji instead of leaving the library.

"So..." Hongbin started off, "what made you be late today? Cleaner?"

Youngji shook her head. "No, something went up," she explained.

Hongbin raised an eyebrow at her. Instead of speaking, Youngji faced N who was starting to do his own homework. The senior looked confused. He couldn't find the right words to say.

"Sojin-noona, hyung?" Hongbin asked in a normal fashion.

N just nodded at him and smiled shyly. Hongbin got what N was trying to say.

"It's okay, hyung. It happens. Just explain it to this girl so she won't get confused," Hongbin advised.

"I know what he meant!" Youngji butted in. "I'm not that slow with those kind of things."

"As you say," Hongbin sing-sang to her. "Let's start."

Their place was quiet the whole hour and a half. N was doing his assignment while listening to music with his earphones on. Hongbin was teaching Youngji functional terms in Biology. The girl focused more on the lesson she's catching up. Besides, she needed to ace this more than ask N about the scene a while ago. She can deal with it later.

When the clock struck five in the afternoon, Hongbin called it a day for the session. Leaving her things behind, Youngji excused herself to go to the washroom. When the girl closed the library's door, Hongbin immediately asked the hyung about what happened earlier.

"I pulled Youngji," N answered while fixing his things.

"Then?"

"The scene happened. We pretended that I was courting her. It's a good thing she didn't say a word while Sojin and I were talking. If she did, I'm screwed."

"I had nothing to say after all, so why should I bother?"

The guys looked back to see Youngji already fixing her things. They should honestly be nervous, but they thought that it would be better if they trust the girl about it.

"Sorry for dragging you there," N apologized. "You were the only girl I know that wouldn't screw me up."

"Nah, it's no big deal. Well at least you told her to stop chasing you," Youngji replied after closing her bag. "But answer me honestly, do you still like her? There's pain in your eyes when you told her to stop chasing you."

The two guys had a glance with each other. Hongbin just smiled at the girl waiting for an answer. N was fixing his things while searching for an answer to give the girl. When he was done, he faced her and sighed. Yes, he wasn't over with her.

"Let's put it in a statement wherein there's no time for us to be together. I liked—no, like—her, but I don't want the pain to kill me. I need to move on, Youngji, and this is the only way I could think of making myself move on—by hurting her."

She shook her head. She knows what is right about N's problem.

"N-oppa, just admit to her that you still like her," she started off. "Why do you need to hurt her in the first place? Don't you feel a lot more in pain because of what you're doing? Man up, oppa. Tell her that you still like her before it's too late. You don't want to lose her feelings because of your stupid reason."

N shook his head. "Even though I want to, I can't. I chose this decision already, Youngji."

The senior left the two sophomores after what he said. Youngji was in a trance where he wanted to ask N why. Hongbin, on the other hand, was also left dumbfounded, although he slightly knows the reason why his hyung said that.

"You don't need to know why," Hongbin whispered to the girl. "It's his privacy."

The girl sighed. She really won't get anything. Ken and his antique shop thing with Hani, N and his 'time' problems with Sojin, what's next?

"Come on, it's getting late," Hongbin said after a while.

They both recovered and started to walk out of the library with questions left unanswered.


Day 0057 | 06:20 by multipaenida


sorry if it took me long to update. i wasn't in a mood to do so. but anyway, i have two for today. i hope that you'll like it.

xoxo, jays