Day 0066

06:20

DAY 0066


"Hey, Youngji," Leo called the girl who was about to enter the cafeteria. "Can you come here?"

Youngji approached him. She was usually comfortable with this guy, but not today. "Leo-oppa! Is there anything wrong?"

Leo wiped off the sweat on his head. He happened to have a break during their soccer practice and decided to go to the cafeteria to buy water. It happened that he saw Youngji and suddenly realized he had something to say to the girl.

"Have you seen Hongbin?" He asked.

Youngji shook her head. "I just came here, oppa. Is there anything you need from him?"

"I'll both talk to you later during dismissal," he answered. "I need to go, I'm only on my break!"

Leo rushed inside the cafeteria to buy some water. He really needed to go back to his team fast.

"Youngji? Is there anything wrong?"

"Oh, later!" She exclaimed as she saw Hongbin beside her.

"What's with later?" Hongbin asked.

"Sorry," she whispered. "Leo wants to talk to us this dismissal. I wonder why."

Hongbin smiled. "Maybe it's about my tutor duties with you. Come on, the others are waiting for us."

Youngji nodded. The two started walking towards their table. Whatever Leo wanted to tell to them, the two are quite nervous about it. Hongbin seems to get the idea why Leo needs to talk to them, but he still feels nervous. Youngji, still clueless even though Hongbin gave a hint, just became more nervous than when Leo talked to her.


 It was already a few minutes after dismissal, and Youngji was starting to do her easy homeworks in the library. Hongbin happened to be a cleaner today, so he's coming later than he usually does.

Youngji was in the middle of a Geomtery assignment when someone sat beside her. Instead of Hongbin, Leo showed up. Leo smiled to the girl and gestured that she should continue doing her assignment. Few minutes later, Hongbin came in. He rushed to where the two are sitting.

"Sorry, I'm late," he apologized. "And sweaty."

Leo chuckled while Youngji just smiled. Hongbin doesn't really apologize if he's sweaty so it's a new feeling for them to see the guy be sorry for it.

"It's no big deal," Leo said. "Anyway, I have some news for the two of you. But before that, I'll ask something to Youngji first."

"What is it?" The girl asked after closing her Geometry notebook.

"Is Hongbin an effective tutor for you?"

"What?" Hongbin and Youngji asked in unison.

 Leo chuckled at their reaction. For him, it was cute enough to see the both of them in good terms even though they had a rough start. He never expected that these two would grow on each other. It would feel incomplete if he hasn't seen the two together, even in Hongbin's tutor duty.

"Did your grades go up when he became your tutor? Did you have a hard time with him? Does he teach you well?" Leo asked again, giving out more specific questions.

Hongbin suddenly became nervous for no good reason. Was it because Youngji's about to rate him as his tutor? Yeah, maybe. He reflects on himself inwardly, recalling everything he did for the girl as her tutor. As far as he knows, he hasn't done anything wrong ever since they've been civil.

"Hongbin is a great tutor, oppa," Youngji answered after a while. "My grades on the recent finals went up. I usually have a hard time when I take our finals, but this one was a lot easier, thanks to Hongbin."

Hongbin was relieved. He thought that the girl would mention anything wrong about him. He tried his best not to be agitated when he's teaching her. Guess his hard work really paid off.

"Anything more?" Leo asked again. "Is he calm when he teaches you?"

Youngji looked at Hongbin and smiled before answering.

"Well he's calm now. He usually jokes around to lighten up the mood, and it helps me be more energized to do all of my homeworks. We usually do our homeworks together so he could also ask some questions to me as well. Overall, he's really good."

Leo nodded at Youngji's answer. It was nice to hear that the two are getting well with each other. They wouldn't be like this if they didn't settle their problems before.

"Why are you asking this all of a sudden, hyung?" Hongbin managed to ask to the senior.

"Gyuri asked me if I could tell you to continue what you have started. She's actually impressed on the raise of Youngji's grades. It seemed that you were a great help for her," Leo shared.

"Yeah, you really are," Youngji added. "I couldn't have done this if it wasn't for you, and for my hard work as well."

Hongbin smiled. He couldn't believe that he made someone become better. He couldn't believe that he was one of the reasons Youngji improved. He couldn't help to blush, so he turned back as if he was getting something from his bag. He was so shy at the compliment.

After recovering, he faced the two and said, "Take away the Park Hyoshin CD I bribed you before, hyung. I'm cool teaching her."

Leo's small eyes became a little bit bigger than usual. "Are you sure?"

Hongbin chuckled. "Unless you still want to buy it for me, hyung. I'll be happy this Christmas if you do give it to me."

Leo patted his head lightly. Park Hyoshin will always be the password to Hongbin's heart.

"Anyway, let's change some things," Hongbin added. "I'll still tutor you, but I'm only going to teach you the subjects you've been having a hard time with. I don't want to waste time on the parts you've been doing fine. I'll help you become a little bit independent this time."

Youngji should be sad at this phase, but no, she was delighted at the idea. She always wanted to learn something new from Hongbin because he seemed to be a person full of lessons with him. Remember when Hongbin told her to remove her makeup and dress her uniform nicely? Since then, Youngji makes sure she looks decent enough to go to school. And after that, she always wanted to get another lesson from the guy.

This will be her second lesson as far as she remembers.

"I'm cool with it," she said. "When are we going to start?"

"Tomorrow, I guess."

"Noted!" Youngji replied in her jolly matter.

Hongbin just smiled because this time, he knew it was natural.

And he couldn't be much more happier because of that.


Day 0066 | 06:20 by multipaenida