What is Love?

I Guess You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What’s with that smile?”

Bomi threw the question when she found her class mate could not stop herself from smiling when she had entered the classroom till they already sitting together at the cafeteria.

“What’s with my smile, Bbom?” Eunji asked, but the big smile was still remained on her face.

“It’s so rare to see you smiling so wide like this during these days,” Bomi said while scrutinizing Eunji’s face. “I guess you were happily crazy for something.”

Eunji chuckled. “What do you mean?” she shot her friend back.

Bomi scoffed. “Now you’re completely scaring me, Jung,” she said before she sipped her ice milk.

“I am?” and Eunji chuckled once again.

“Anyeong, my girls,” Jinyoung suddenly butted into their conversation, as he took a seat next to Bomi. “What’s happening? Is there any good news for today?”

“She has,” Bomi was immediately pointing her index finger toward Eunji, till made the latter blinking her eyes.

“What? Me?” she pointed herself. “Why me?”

“Oh really? What the good news is, noona? Come on, you should tell me,” Jinyoung patted her arm playfully.

“Aniya. I don’t have any good news to share it with you,” Eunji groaned. “Bbom-ah, don’t talk nonsense,” she threw a stern look toward the eldest.

Bomi shrugged before she slid her spoon inside , filling it with big cut of chocolate cake.

“So, you two were starting to hide something from me, huh?” Jinyoung pouted.

“No, no, you’re wrong. Jinyoung-ah, I swear. I really don’t have something to hide from you,” Eunji tried to convincing her best friend with her pleading eyes.

Jinyoung was staring at her as he tried to find the sincerity inside her eyes. “Okay, I trust you this time,” he said. “And actually, there’s something that I want to talk about with you, Eunji noona.”

“What is that?” Bomi turned her face to see the younger.

“Today is Mark hyung birthday,” Jinyoung said, and Eunji’s smile instantly formed.

“Oh really? Oh, I should’ve known from the start so I can prepare something as a present for him,” she said bluntly.

“That’s what I want to talk about, noona. Jaebum, Jackson, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom asked me to preparing a surprise party for him. And I want you to help us too,”

“A surprise party?” Bomi and Eunji eyes wide open in unison.

Jinyoung nodded. “We will do the celebration after our performance at the café tonight.”

***

 

With the help of the boys, Mark successfully invited to watch JE Project’s live performance at the café near their college at that night. They quietly watched the performance from their table as the first and second song had played. As the break for the next song, Jackson and Jaebum excused themselves, they told Mark that they need to go to the restroom, but actually they went straight to the backstage. Mark had no curious at all, since Bambam, Yugyeom and Youngjae successfully turning his attention with the news about Bambam who finally had a girlfriend.

“Alright, ladies and gentleman,” Jinyoung suddenly took the microphone, taking the attention of the guests and also Mark. “Good evening and thank you for coming. And I really glad to tell you that today will be a special day since one of our friend had celebrated his birthday.”

Jinyoung was pointing her eyes toward Mark, so did Eunji. Meanwhile Mark was taken aback by the sudden thing that he heard, so he immediately lifted his chin as his gaze was settled at the stage.

“… And as best friends of him, we really want to sing a special song for him,” Jinyoung gave the microphone back to Eunji.

“So…” Eunji started to speak, but she suddenly felt that she was getting nervous as her eyes was capturing Mark had stared at her from his seat. “We would like to present a small gift for the birthday boy over there.”

Mark eyes lingered at her, he didn’t even care when all the eyes were now looking at him. The customer, the staffs were complimenting him. But Mark wouldn’t let his attention slid from the girl who singing comfortably on the stage. As the melody was playing, Eunji closed her eyes.

 

“When you are lost
I will shine a light

When your heart shakes because of the wind
I will hold your hand

I am praying for you
Praying that you will be protected

So that my hopes can reach you

The closed door is slowly opening

I hope you won’t cry over your scars
Or get trapped in despair with pain

With all my heart, I hope you will be comforted
Today, I’m praying again.”

 

It wasn’t the song that he ever listened before. He didn’t know why the JE Project – especially the vocalist, sang the song with the warm-hearted lyrics. And once again, Mark was forcing to let his heart fell for her voice, for her alluring humming, for the sincere lyric that she had told.

“Happy Birthday … Mark,” she ended up the song while congratulate him. And at the same time, Jackson and Jaebum came out from the back of the stage with a birthday cake and poppers in their hands, while Jinyoung was playing the birthday instrument and Eunji starting to sing happy birthday song.

Mark, who was still stunned in his seat, suddenly could feel that Yugyeom held his wrist and asked him to go to the stage with him. Meanwhile, Bambam and Youngjae help him to get up from his seat then accompanying the birthday boy to climb up to the stage together.

Of course, the customers and the staffs were giving the appreciation by clapping their hands and they were cheering happily for the surprise party that Mark’s friends had prepared for him.

“Come on hyung, make a wish then blow your candle!” Jackson said in amazement as Mark was already arrived at the stage and joining the crowd.

Mark obeyed the order, while Eunji was standing behind him. Her gaze was gluing on him as she could see the happiness on the birthday boy's face.

“You like this surprise party, hyung?” Jinyoung suddenly asked.

“I like it. Thanks a lot, guys. You did really great for me,” Mark said as he gave hug to all of his male friends. But when he turned around and found Eunji was staring at him, the smile on Mark’s face slowly vanished. “Thank you,” yet his short word didn’t reach the girl’s expectation.

Eunji nodded after, before her gaze went down to her feet. Mark was realizing this change on her. He suddenly felt bad now, since he thought that he unintentionally hurting the girl. Suddenly, his hand walked, bravely greeted her shoulder. And for the surprising touch, Eunji looked up, meeting his face.

“I like the song so much. Thank you, Eunji-yah,” he said clearer this time, as a warm smile curled up on his face.

Eunji was sure that her heart was racing. She clearly could feel that her cheeks heat up. And she could not hide herself for smiling because of it.

***

 

As Eunji came back home, her mother told her that their family had invited to join a dinner with Tuan Family. Since today was their son birthday, Mr. and Mrs. Tuan invited Jung Family to their house.

“Eunji-ya, what took you so long?” Mrs. Jung frowned as she glancing inside her daughter room. Eunji had not come out of the room since she told her to change her clothes 30 minutes ago.

Then Mrs. Jung found that her daughter was walking back and forth in her room, look fidgeting.

“What are you doing, sweetheart? It’s almost 8 and you still didn’t ready?” Mrs. Jung asked as she could see that Eunji was still wearing tank top and short pants.

“Eomma, can you help me to choose a right outfit to wear tonight?” she asked as she dragged her mother to her wardrobe.

“So, what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter