You Don't See It

I Guess You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[가슴에 흐르는 내 눈물을 그댄 볼 수 없나 봐]

 

“Where do we want to go, guys?” Mark asked when their class ended.

“Let’s go to the café,” Jaebum told as he led their way toward outside the building college.

“We will get some drinks and since today its Wednesday, we’ll watch JE Project performance,” Youngjae added.

“JE Project? Is it the name of a band?” Mark furrowed his eyebrow.

“Yes, hyung. You knew Jinyoung hyung already, right? He’s one of member of JE Project, alongside with Eunji noona. And you know what Mark hyung? Eunji noona has a very good voice and she’s so pretty!” Bambam said in amazement.

“Oh really? I think I ever heard her name before,” Mark patted his chin repeatedly as he tried to remembering.

“Oh, they will start to perform. Come on, we should be in hurry!” Jackson patted Mark’s arm, before he asked the latter to quicken his pace toward the café.

Mark nodded before he ran to chase after his new friends.

 

Mark had just moved to Seoul National University a week ago. He was a transfer student from Los Angeles since his father had run a new company in Seoul.

Mark and his friends reach the café. In Mark’s opinion, the café was nice and a lot of the freshmen visited it since it placed next to their university. They sat at the table that located near the stage. Bambam suggested it, since he wanted to see the vocalist of the JE Project closer.

Mark ordered a glass of ice cappuccino, and he had been too busy looking at his surroundings, before he heard a voice from the small stage near their table.

“Good evening, my name is Park Jinyoung,” he said from behind the piano, and immediately gained a cheer yelling from the audiences especially the girls.

“And I’m Jung Eunji,”

“Eunji noona…!!! Saranghae!!” as the vocalist introduced her name, a loud voice from their desk suddenly echoed. And it was Bambam, who suddenly screaming out loud. It successfully made Eunji turned her gaze to their table as she threw a smile toward the younger.

‘That girl… so she's Jung Eunji, the daughter of our new neighbor…’ Mark said to himself when he saw her smiling.

“For the first song, I’ll sing a 2001 song called ‘If I Leave’. Hope you will enjoyed it,” the audiences were clapping their hands enthusiastically, and Bambam even whistling loudly.

When Jinyoung started to play the melody, Mark noticed that it was a sad song. Actually, he has no interest with that kind of music, since he lived at States and he preferred to listen to R&B songs.

“Jack, I want to order some cakes. Do you want to order something?” Mark suddenly whispered to Jackson that was sitting next to him.

The latter shook his head and said thank you, before he put his gaze back to the stage. Mark got up from his seat and heading to one of the café staff to order the cake. When he waited in front of the cashier, he could hear Eunji’s voice that was starting to sing.

It was when his eyes had invited to the stage. He admitted that the girl was having a good voice. The way she sang that song, the way she expressed the sad lyrics, the way she threw her gazes toward the audiences, it successfully made his eyes lingered at her. Mark could hear that some of the customers and the staffs were complimenting her – how beautiful she was, how lovely her voice was. But, Mark didn’t let his attention slid from the beautiful feature standing comfortably on the stage.

Mark had never heard the song before – he surely never liking those types of songs in his life, but he didn’t know why after hearing the way Eunji sang, he admitted that he was falling for her voice, for her alluring humming, for the sad love story that she was telling. She looked stunning in that black midi dress, with the simply hairstyle model, in that small smile. She was simply captivating – and Mark just admitted what was the reason why Bambam was crazily fanboy-ing at her.

When the song had ended, JE Project got the people’s claps. The audiences got what they had expected from them. Mark could also see Bambam was screaming loudly like a desperate fanboy from their table, before he earned a light smack in the back of his neck from Jaebum.

“Excuse me,” the barista voice suddenly made Mark snapped out from his reverie. He turned around to found the chocolate mousse that he had ordered earlier, was already arrived.

“Oh, thank you very much,” Mark took it from the barista, before he went back toward his table.

 

“For the second song, Jinyoung will sing it for you all. Jinyoung-ah, it’s your turn,” Eunji suddenly said and signaled the youngest to go to the front stage.

Jinyoung nodded as he took the guitar and walked toward Eunji’s direction.

“Thank you, noona,” he said when Eunji went to the backstage. “I know I shouldn’t sing since Eunji is a better singer.”

The girl audiences suddenly cheered to showing off their interests toward the piano man. Jinyoung had already become one of the popular freshmen in the university since he became a part of JE Project.

“And now, I would like to present a song for someone…” he paused for a moment before he threw his gaze surround the café, to find something that he wanted to see it badly at that time. “Maybe she isn’t here right now, but I’d still sing it for her. It’s from FIX with ‘Afraid of Love’.”

Jinyoung started to play the melody with his guitar, and Mark already arrived at his previous table.

“Looks like Jinyoung hyung still could not forget his first love,” Yugyeom the maknae suddenly spoke out.

“You mean, Bomi noona?” Jackson said.

Yugyeom nodded. “He still loved her that bad, though she had cheated on him.”

Mark ignored the conversations since he started to glance for several times at the backstage. And Jaebum noticed it.

“What are you looking at, hyung? Are you looking for someone?” he asked as he nudged the eldest elbow.

“Ah, yes. I think I should invite this band to perform at the charity event,” Mark said.

“You want to ask JE Project to perform at the end of this week?” Jaebum raised an eyebrow,

“Yes, is there a problem with it?”

“No, but… I don’t think they will agree since the event will be held in 3 days and I'm not sure they will have enough times for the preparation,” Jaebum shrugged.

“We never tried before, didn’t we?” Mark said. “I’ll try to ask them when they finished their performance later.”

Suddenly, Mark’s cellular phone was ringing and it was a call from his mother. She asked him to go home now since they will have a family gathering at 8.

 

“So, you should go now? How’s the JE Project?” Jaebum asked as Mark hung the phone up.

“I think I need your help, Jaebum. Just tell them about the plan, and give my phone number to them. I’ll talk to one of them tomorrow when we meet at the university, okay?”

“I’ll try my best,” Jaebum formed a smile, and Mark was copying it before he patted the younger arm and bid his goodbye to the other friends.

***

 

“Jung Eunji?” a deep nasal voice greeted her, when she was about to opening her locker.

Eunji turned around to find a guy who was taller than her for some inches was staring at her with a question look.

“Yes?” that was a word that escaped from , since she noticed that she ever saw that guy before.

“Oh, I’m Mark Tuan. I thought we ever meet before,” he offered his hand, and Eunji grabbed it for a handshake.

“You—“

“I just moved next to your house a week ago. But, I never had a chance to meet you because your mother always said that you are so busy person,” the guy with wide lips releasing a chuckle.

“Omo…” Eunji patted her forehead as she finally found the reason why his name was familiar for her. “Yes, my mother ever told me that our new neighbor’s son was attending a same university as mine. So, you are the son of Papa Tuan?”

He nodded while showing a wide smile on his face – a smile that can beat every normal girl’s hearts. But, since Eunji had another crush already, she felt nothing at that time. 

“So, I thought both Jaebum and Jinyoung already tell you about the charity program, didn’t they?”

“Yes, they just told me about it last night,” Eunji said.

“What do you think? I really had a high expectation that you will agree to be one of the performers since I heard that your band popularity is pretty good,” Mark tried to convince.

“Um… The idea of the charity is so good, but… I don’t think I can do it since we don’t have pretty much time left to do the preparation. You know, we should find some songs that suit the theme of the events, we should arrange our time to do a practice session, and we should—“

“I will do anything to make you agreed,”

“Pardon me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter