I'm a Fool

I Guess You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3 Years Ago

Bomi was walking and passing the corridor of their school together with Jinyoung. Bomi could not stop for say thanks to the younger, since Jinyoung help her to carrying some books to the library earlier. He said that he felt glad for helping her.

When they just passed one of the classrooms, both of them were stopping their paces because they could clearly hear someone’s voice who was humming beautifully from inside the classroom. Bomi and Jinyoung then decided to peek inside from the window.

“Oh, it’s Jongdae sunbaenim,” Jinyoung whispered. “I never thought that he had a good voice,” Jinyoung beamed as he could see the senior was using earphones and he sang while working on his paper. He bet that Jongdae couldn’t realize that his voice was so loud because he used the earphones to covering his ears.

“Bomi noona, let’s go back to—“ Jinyoung was about to asking the eldest to leave the place, but he was taken aback when he saw Bomi’s facial expression. Her eyes still locked on that sunbae and Jinyoung could see the hurt inside of it.

‘What it was?’ he was wondering. ‘Was she secretly developing feeling toward Jongdae sunbae?’ he wished she told him more.

It had been enough for Bomi since she was staring at him secretly from the window, and she believed it was been long enough she bravely watching him though from afar. Then, she slowly leaving his figure and throwing her gaze back to the younger. She signaled Jinyoung to left the place with her.

 

Both of them were walking silently toward their classrooms. Bomi didn’t even say a word. It was odd since the entire of the school knew her as a talkative person. But suddenly, Jinyoung grabbed her wrist and made her stop from walking.

"Bomi noona, you liked Jongdae sunbae, aren't you?"

Bomi was taken aback by his sudden question. "H-how could you know?"

"Just answer it. Is it right that you liked him?"

Bomi was staring at Jinyoung for some second, before she nodded her head.

Jinyoung could feel a pang hit his heart. He should've known from the start that the girl that he had a crush on was already developing her feeling toward the other guy.

"You want to know that he has a same feeling like you did to him, didn't you?" he asked and Bomi nodded again. "Let me help you to prove it,"

"But, how? I don't want to confess my love for him first, since I'm a girl,"

"All you need to do now is pretending that you are my gilrfriend,"

"Pardon me?"

"Let pretending that we're dating. And you will know how's with his reaction after he knew about it," Jinyoung paused to heaved a sigh before he spoke out again. "You can dump me whenever Jongdae sunbae finally admitted his love toward you."

***

 

Jinyoung knew that he was too naive for making the decision by becoming a fake boyfriend for Bomi. He knew it, so it was being his reason why he kept it as a top secret to himself and he didn't let his very best friend, Jung Eunji, knew about it.

"Jinyoung-ah, why were you kept on walking with me to home? Aren't Bomi will mad at you because you keep sticking around with me rather than with her?" Eunji suddenly asked, when that day he accompanied her to home - like he always did.

"Bomi noona was already going home with her friend. So, she didn't need accompanied and instead you need me more than her," Jinyoung winked playfully and he earned a light slap on his cheek from Eunji.

"You're rascal. Don't you ever blame me when someday she wanted to break up with you because you always spend your time with me more than with her?!"

Jinyoung just shrugged then he wrapped his hand around her shoulder and dragged the eldest to walk with him.

Jinyoung hide his bitter smile, since he clearly sure that the day when Bomi asked him to end up their agreement will come sooner or later.

***

 

"Congratulations for you and Jongdae sunbae, noona," Jinyoung put a smile on his face - the fake one because he didn't want the latter found out that he was hurt.

"Thank you very much, Jinyoung-ah. If it's not because of you, I'll never know that Jongdae secretly developed his love toward mine. And it's kinda funny to see him in jealousy during these days," Bomi let out a chuckle.

Jinyoung was astonished seeing the happiness on her eyes. It hurt him to know that finally she could get the love of her life, but he relieved that at least, he ever stayed by her side though for being a fake boyfriend.

"Thank you very much, Jinyoungie. I owed you,"

Jinyoung didn't know why he had the urge, but when he pulled Bomi into a tight hug, he felt better. The hug was short but relaxing for him, and he could curve a wide smile on his face after it. Proud with his act, Jinyoung raised his thumbs.

"You two should be happy together forever, okay?"

Bomi smiled and gave him a small nod."You too. You should find your dream girl soon. You know, you're too hot for being single," Bomi hit his chest lightly.

Jinyoung chuckled. "I don't think I need a girlfriend soon. Being single is more fun rather than mingle."

Bomi burst into laughter, so did Jinyoung, he let out a loud chuckle and once again, he felt proud for his acting skill.

"Why don't you go on a date with Eunji? I think she's a nice girl and you two were always sticking together," Bomi suddenly said.

Jinyoung rounded his eyes, but then he chuckled again.

"Eunji noona is like a big brother of mine,"

"Big brother?" Bomi's eyes were widened in disbelief.

"Yeah," Jinyoung laugh. "She's a girl for God's sake, but for me, he's like a hyung. So it's impossible for me to fall in love with her."

"You're rascal, Park Jinyoung," Bomi landed another punch on his chest, and they laughed together.

The laughter was remains till Bomi had bid her goodbye and leaving Jinyoung alone at the school. When he could clearly see that the girl was gone from his sight, Jinyoung suddenly felt that his palms were cold and shaking. With all of his strength, he ran away as fast as he can toward the backyard of the school. He didn't want other students knew about his sad love story.

***END of FLASHBACK***

 

The first thing in the Sunday morning that Eunji hate the most is woken up by her brat little brother. The day which she could sleep the whole day and do whatever she wanted. But it seems like her younger brother won't let her felt her quality ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter