What Should I Do?

I Guess You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Do you think I’ll be okay without you?
Are you okay without me?

What should I do? Even now, I live each painful days because of your words
Are you living each day painfully like I am?]

 

“Bomi noona,”

Bomi startled as she found Jinyoung’s presence that already stood behind her. It's 11 PM, and the charity event had just finished less than an hour ago.

“Jinyoung-ah, why don’t you go home yet?” she asked.

Jinyoung shook his head. “I've been waiting for you.”

“Waiting for me?” Bomi furrowed her eyebrow.

“Yes, noona. Do you mind if I want to drive you home?” he asked softly.

Bomi was taken aback with the offer. It disturbed her heart since she just witnessed that the latter had just been kissed by his band mate earlier. And now, he was just asking to drive her home. What was his true mission?

“Jinyoung-ah, I’m sorry for asking you this…” Bomi looked down to her feet, battling over the heat on her chest. “But, how’s with Eunji? Didn't you always go home with her?”

Jinyoung heaved a sigh then he his lips – showing a hesitation, before he spoke out. “She went home already. Chorong noona had just called and tell me that she drove Eunji noona to home,”

“Oh…” Bomi nodded and looked down again. She felt bitterness inside her heart since she still found that the latter was still having his concern to his best friend after all.

“So…” Jinyoung spoke as he tried to break the silence. “Can I drive you home?”

Bomi nodded and it immediately made a smile rose on Jinyoung’s face.

***

 

Eunji came to the university at that morning, with a frown on her face. She felt a hesitation to go to her class, since she will meet Jinyoung – his class located next to her. She still felt embarassed after what she had done to him yesterday. So, she decided to go to the music studio and stay there till the first class started.

Fortunately, the studio was empty. Eunji entered the room, and when she passed the piano, she suddenly stopped her pace since she found something familiar on it. There was a music book leaned on the piano, she knew who had the book. It was a book that Bomi had given to Jinyoung when he celebrated his birthday 3 years ago. Jinyoung had ever said that he wanted to buy the book, and Eunji had planned to buy it for him. But unfortunately, his girlfriend bought it first for him. Eunji decided to took the book with her – since she knew that it was her band mate’s favorite book. A bitter smile curved on her face as she remembering how happy Jinyoung was when he told her that finally he could have the book. And Eunji clearly knew that the reason why he became so happy like that was none other than the person who bought it for him. Yoon Bomi – his first love. 

Eunji shoved the musical book inside her bag before she walked toward a desk at the right corner of the room. She felt surprise when she found a glass of coffee with a sticky note on it. The coffee wasn’t too hot, so Eunji grabbed it and read the notes.

 

To: My Highness

This is your lovely coffee. You looked so ugly when you’re frowning. Drink it and smile please ^^

X Mark x

 

Eunji couldn’t help for not smiling after read the sticky notes. That Mark Tuan had bought the coffee for her still although the charity event already finished yesterday.

When Eunji was about to drink the coffee, suddenly the door of the studio opened. She startled as she found Jinyoung was the person who opened it.

So did Jinyoung, he was taken aback when he sees the eldest was standing alone in the room. They were just staring at each other – and Eunji believed it was been long enough she bravely stared at him. And her thin smile without realized was formed upon her face.

She missed him. Yes, she really wanted to tell him like there was something missing since they didn’t go home together last night - like they always did every day.

She missed him – since they didn’t send some random text messages to each other before they got to sleep – like they always did every day.

But, Eunji finally decided to leave him from her gaze since she felt a strange thing inside his eyes. His eyes looked so scary and offensive now. It was so different that she had ever seen before.

Jinyoung then decided to come inside the studio without saying any thing to greet her. He was busying himself by throwing his gaze surrounding the room. Eunji noticed that the younger was looking for something.

“Are you looking for this book?” she said as she showing him a professional piano lesson book that she found earlier.

Jinyoung nodded and he walked closer to her desk then he took it from her. Without saying any word, Jinyoung started to turn around and was about to leave. But Eunji suddenly was calling his name and it successfully making him stopped his pace.

“Jinyoung-ah, about yesterday—“

“Let’s forget and pretend that there was nothing happened,” Jinyoung immediately cut her words and it suddenly made Eunji ‘s eyes widened.

She couldn’t move her lips and she could not even breathe.

“It isn’t love, noona,” Jinyoung suddenly turned around and he was facing her. “I could bet that it wasn’t love. You felt that you love me because we already being best friends throughout these years. You just afraid that you will lose this friendship if someday I’ll get a girlfriend, and vice versa,” he paused as he looked down.

Meanwhile, Eunji was still remaining mute.

“But I promise you. I will never leave you because you are my best friend forever, Eunji noona,”

A hard pang greeted Eunji’s heart when she heard clearly that Jinyoung – the one and only guy that she had a crush on since earlier, still treat her as a best friend after all. 

“So,” Jinyoung dared himself to lifting his chin, so he could see her. “Let’s stop this now. I don’t want our long term friendship turning so awkward. So please, let’s just pretending that there was nothing happened last night, okay?” Jinyoung curled a thin smile on his face before he turned around and walked toward outside the door - leaving Eunji alone.

Eunji closed her eyes, and she realized that the tears were starting to roll down on her cheeks. She slowly wiped the tears away and when she opened her eyes, she saw the back of Jinyoung. But worse, he didn’t even bother to spare although 1 second to look at her.

Eunji fell on her knees and sobbed soundly. She hit her chest, trying to get rid of the pain. “You’re a pabo, Jung Eunji… Stop crying…”

She realized that it was an obvious rejection. But she never knew that broken heart would be that pai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter