I Think I Can't Avoid You

I Guess You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I will forget you. Starting today,

I don’t know you”.

Mark wasn’t good at singing. He knew it. But with her anticipating the lyric - It somehow lessened his burden.

“It’s not difficult. I will forget everything after today.

I’m just getting used to my changed life.”

Actually, the lyric of the song he dedicated to her. Mark really wanted to forget her. He tried to.

“I will erase everything.

I definitely will.

When love goes away, another love comes again. It definitely will.

Even if tears fall now, I will smile a little later.

I will forget you.”

 

Eunji stunned as she heard the song finish. She looked at him, the way he sang, the way she heard each lyric clearly and the way she felt something strange greet her heart. Somehow, she could gradually feel the pain which he had told in the lyric.

Eunji could clearly sure that she already treat him as one of her best friend, since Mark was always staying beside her during these days. She felt lucky because when Jinyoung kept his distance away from her, she still having Mark by her side. And it was strange for her, to feel his coldness toward her.

There was a pregnant silence after Mark finishing the song. Eunji didn’t know what next she could say. And Mark was on his own thinking. He was on his previous position, sitting behind the desk.

“So, what do you think about the song?”

And it was capturing her attention. “It’s beautifully hurt,” Eunji said, faster this time.

“Yeah, you’re right.”

Eunji couldn’t find her voice. It was a week ago when Mark telling her that he will no longer having concern on her. And now, he gave her a song with sad lyric. Eunji didn’t know why she felt so bad at that time. She should ran and chase him a week ago. She knew that her heart was breaking into million pieces when Jinyoung ignored her. But the way Mark told her at the backyard of the university a week ago was enough to picture how hurt he was.

“It’s good though,” she then said. “I’m sure you can win the audition with that song.”

Instead of answering, Mark formed a furrow between his eyebrows. “Is that the only comment after you heard it?”

Eunji gulped.” No, Mark, I—“

“I’m back!” Jinyoung was suddenly opening the door of the studio with a big grin on his face. “So, should we start the practice session now?”

***

 

The first practice session between JE Project and Mark had done. Jinyoung then suggest a dinner – he treated them together since Bomi and him just starting to go on a date officially. Mark refused to come along at first, but when Jinyoung threw pleading eyes toward the eldest, Mark didn’t refuse the second offer and decided to come along too.

As Eunji, Jinyoung, Mark and Bomi arrived at the fine restaurant near the college. The foods came. It wasn’t strong enough to make Bomi and Jinyoung stopping their self from chuckling toward each other. Without they noticed, the tip of Eunji’s lips curled, so small, so thin. She realized that Jinyoung and Bomi were happy. They looked nice and warm. There was a tiny pang hit her heart, but compared to before – when Jinyoung ignored her, it was nothing. Eunji was happy that Jinyoung finally could get Bomi’s heart after he kept waiting for her during those years. It was maybe strange, but for her, his happy ending was way more important.

Her gaze suddenly turned to her right side. That was when Eunji caught Mark was eating like crazy.

“Mark… I’m sorry… But I thought, you should eat slowly or your stomach will awful later,” Eunji said, and it successfully inviting the latter attention.

Mark shrugged before spoke out. “I’m okay. You don’t need to worry about me,” he said and starting to eat again.

“Just finish all the foods here, Mark. I’ve ordered a lot and it’s free!” Jinyoung said with a loud tone, and he earned a light slap on his arm from Bomi – who had sat beside him.

***

 

“Jinyoung-ah, Bbom-ah, thank you for the dinner,” Eunji said while the four of them already came out from the restaurant together.

“You’re welcome, noona,” Jinyoung patted the eldest arm and smile.

“So, Mark, I think you should drive Eunji home since it’s late already and I heard that both of your houses located next to each other,” Bomi suddenly said as she poking Mark’s arm.

“N-no, it’s okay. I can go home alone with cab,” Eunji stuttered.

“Eyy, don’t start to being stubborn again. Just go home with Mark already,” Jinyoung pushed her shoulders lightly and Eunji was bumping into Mark because of it.

“I-I’m sorry, Mark. But you don’t need to listen to Jinyoung and you don’t need to drive me—“

“Let’s go,” Mark nodded and signaling her to go with him.

“See you again tomorrow, Mark hyung, Eunji noona. Go home safely, okay?!” Jinyoung shouted toward their direction.

Eunji was turning her head and waving her hand at Jinyoung and Bomi, before she walked toward Mark’s car.

 

Silence was created inside the car. It had been 20 minutes since Eunji was staring at the window of the car. And being a talkative person was, Eunji believed it was been long enough she being mute. And strangely, Mark didn’t even bother with the silence. His eyes altogether locked on the road.

“Thank you for driving me home, Mark,” she finally spoke out as his car arrived in front of her house.

“You’re welcome. And thanks for helping me with the audition,” he said while staring at her with unreadable expression.

Eunji nodded. “See you again tomorrow,” she bid her goodbye as she got out from the car.

Without saying any words, Mark leaving her with his car. Again, Eunji felt bad by his cold act. She strangely froze in her previous position as she watching his car had left from her sight. She could feel her heart was suddenly felt weird.

***

 

Today is the day for the deadline of the audition. It was 11 in the morning and Mark was already coming out from JYP Entertainment building with an envelope in his hand. It was the song that he produced and it had been recorded last night with JE Project. He was walking limp toward outside the building, with a deep frown on his face.

He decided to walk to one of a small café near the building. He needed a coffee. At least, a cup of hot macchiato could heal his heart – he thought. Mark entering the cafe and the barista behind the counter greet him with a warm smile. Mark chose a table near the window and made an order.

Mark was about to threw his gaze to outside the window, but suddenly he could hear a noise coming from one of the table near the corner. It made him turn his head toward the direction, and that was when he got his eyes widened.

He saw there were 2 girls that he knew so much – sitting together at the corner. One of the girls was waving her hand toward him excitedly. While the other one, only curving a thin smile on her face when she looking at him.

“Join us here! Come on!” it was Bomi, who was waving her hand toward him and signaling him to come to their table.

Before nodding his head, Mark glanced at the girl who was sitting next to Bomi. That girl kept her thin smile while looking at him and Mark got up from his place to walk toward them.

“I never knew that I can meet you guys here. This café is pretty far from your houses, right?” Mark asked as he sat in front of them.

“She asked me to come here. She said that maybe we can meet you here,” Bomi suddenly pointing her finger to her friend that sitting beside her, and Mark could bet that the latter eyes were suddenly widening in shock.

“Bbom-ah,” she whimpered while threw a stern look toward Bomi.

“Oops, I’m sorry, Eunji,” Bomi cupped with her palms.

“So… Is it true that you had asked her to come here?” Mark moved his gaze and staring at Eunji.

“I-I…” Eunji was suddenly fidgeting. “Yes, today is the day for the deadline of the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter