You've Got LA!

I Guess You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Noona, are you okay?” he asked, sounded worry.

Eunji cleared . “Let’s try once again,” she didn’t give up easily and started to sing again.

But unfortunately, she got the same result. She still couldn’t reach the high note.

“It’s weird. I usually could sing it well. But why this time I failed?” she said as she kept on clearing .

“Maybe it’s laryngitis or something. Don’t force yourself and just passed the high note then changed it with the lower ones, okay?” Jinyoung patted the eldest arm to enlighten her mood. “Come on. Let’s go to the stage now.”

Eunji nodded and threw a smile to the younger before following his steps toward the stage - where Mark and the other customers were already waiting for their performance.

“Good evening,” Jinyoung took the lead as he greets the customer. It invited all of the gazes toward the stage, so did Mark. He gave his best smile to his girlfriend, and Eunji copying it as a reply. “The first song that we will perform tonight is 2014’s hit single from Soyou & Junggigo. This is ‘Some’.”

The round applause as the JE Project started to perform. Like Jinyoung had suggested earlier, they choose to sing the ‘safe songs'. They chose ‘I Love You’ from Akdong Musician as their second song and then they sang international song ‘We Could Be in Love’ as their closing song.

As the performance ended, both Jinyoung and Eunji joined the other and sat together in one big rounded table. They greets their friends, before Jinyoung settled next to Bomi while Eunji approaching Mark.

“Great performance as always, dude,” Jackson high-five with Jinyoung and the younger said thanks as a reply.

“But Eunji noona, is there something happened with you? I mean, you didn’t sing ballad song with high notes today,” Bambam noticed it.

“Ah, you’re right, Bambamie. I got a sore throat today, so I can’t sing well,” she said.

“Are you okay, Ji? Why don’t you tell me about it earlier?” Mark butted into the conversation as he showing his worry.

“I’m okay, Mark. It’s just a sore throat, I’m sure it will be okay soon,” Eunji caressed her boyfriend hair, tried to reassuring him.

“You should visit doctor soon, noona. We never know what really happened with your throat. You’re a singer, your throat is essential for the survival of your career,” Youngjae said.

“Youngjae hyung was right. My cousin ever experienced a sore throat before, and she didn’t visit doctor for get a serious treatment. Then 2 years after, she lost her voice and doctor claimed that she suffered a severe infection of her vocal cords,” Yugyeom added.

“Omo, how poor your cousin was,” Bomi said as her left hand covered half of her face, feel pity.

“What do you think, Ji? You want me to accompany you to visiting a doctor tomorrow?” Mark asked.

“I’ll eat the medicine first. If it doesn’t getting better in 3 days, I’ll visit the doctor with you soon,” she smiled, try to reassuring her boyfriend.

When Mark was about to response, his phone suddenly ringing and it was a call from Bora. He picked it at the second ring.

His friends suddenly were being quiet as Mark answering the phone. They could bet that Mark’s face suddenly sparkling when he heard what the latter had told him in the other line. So did Eunji, she could notice that Mark must be got good news from her.

“Guys…” Mark said as he hung up. Black Eyed Pilseung, they…” Mark paused as he gave spare time to scrutinizing his friend’s faces one by one.

“What, Mark?!” being impatient as always, Jackson immediately shook his hand repeatedly.

“Bora noona said that Black Eyed Pilseung invited me to joining Kpop Summer Festival in LA next week. And they asked JE Project to performing my songs too!” Mark said in amazement, and it caused a loud cheer from their table.

“Oh my God! Is it true? You’re not joking, hyung?” Jinyoung cupped his mouth, fascinating.

“Woah, congratulations, dude! We’re so proud of you all!” Jaebum was clapping his hands excitedly, while Jackson and Bambam hugging Mark and Jinyoung. Bomi was hugging Eunji. Youngjae and Yugyeom were jumping on their seats.

“So, let’s celebrate this tonight! Just order everything you wanted. It will be my treat!” Mark beamed and the other yelled in happiness.

***

 

It’s 11 PM. Eunji climbed into her bed and was about to sleep. But suddenly, her phone was beeping signaling an incoming text message. She opened and smiling encouragingly as she read the message.

From: Mark-baby ❤

Hi, Baby Ji. Sleeping yet? I still can’t sleep since I’m too happy to find out that we will reach our dream together!

Eunji typed another message as a reply.

To: Mark-baby ❤

I’m sleeping yet, Mark. And yes, we should thanks to God for giving this opportunity. I’m so happy to imagining that JE Project will make an international debut soon with you who producing our song. I can’t wait for the day, Mark!

Only needs less than 15 seconds to her to get another message from him.

From: Mark-baby ❤

There will be busy days starting from tomorrow for me since The Black Eyes Pilseung asked me to write and produced one more song. We need to perform 2 songs at the festival. So, I’ll start to write it tomorrow. And now, you should sleep, Ji. You should have a quality sleeping time since we will go to the States together next week! I love you, Baby Ji. Chu~ ❤

Eunji couldn’t help but flushed pink as she read the last sentences. Yes, she loved him too and she never could imagine that she will get her dream come true to be a part of famous band with the important persons in her life, Mark Tuan, her boyfriend and Park Jinyoung, her best buddy.

She put her phone next to her bed as she prepared to sleep. But when she began to shut her eyes, she started to cough. It didn’t happen once, but the cough grew louder and repeatedly. It made her can’t sleep well at that night.

***

 

It had been almost 4 days, Mark didn’t left the music studio, or basically he had been living there – in the studio to finishing his song – which the due date is at the end of the week. His thought was back and forth thinking about how to produce a good song so the popular Korean producer will ask him to joining his team. Mark was in his high spirit since he will achieve his biggest dream soon, and with Eunji who was being a part of his dream, it feels more complete.

 

It was 9 PM. Eunji visiting Mark in his studio. She knocked on the door but no answer. So she decided to come inside the unlocked studio. She looked around and immediately found his presence that was sleeping unsoundly on his desk.

Eunji came closer to his place and took a seat beside him. She looked at Mark who was sleeping with his cheek on his arm. He looked so innocent when he slept, like a newborn baby – Eunji admitted it.

She reached out a hand to caress his hair, then caressing his soft cheek with the back of her hand, feeling the softness on his skin. Eunji smiled genuinely.

“So, you must be work too hard till you fell asleep here, hmm?”  She whispered, not to wake him up as she continued to caressing his cheek.

“Sleep tight, Mark baby,” she landed a soft kiss on his forehead before she ping her sweater then she put it around his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter