Beautiful Lie

I Guess You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A month ago

Eunji was still in the university when it was already 6 in the evening. She was supposed to go home at that time but since she had just finished her project, she should go home late. She was about to taking her stuff that she had left at the music studio.

As she was walking closer to the room, she suddenly could hear someone was playing guitar and singing from inside the room. The sound seemed familiar and Eunji could bet that the person was singing his whole heart out.

Eunji peeked inside the room and she stunned as she found out the owner of the voice. She never knew that he had that adorable voice, he could sing and playing guitar on the same time, and he never showing off his skill in front of his friends before. He is Im Jaebum.

Eunji’s eyes lingered at him. Im Jaebum was sitting comfortably while playing his guitar and he let his eyes closed when he singing the song. She never heard the song before, but he made it sounds so warm. Eunji could bet that everyone who listening it, could fall for his voice.

Eunji clapped her hand when Jaebum ended up his performance, till made the latter turning his head to her direction in surprise.

“Eunji noona?” he immediately stood up as the eldest approaching him. “How long have you been there?”

“Not so long ago, but it’s enough for me to heard your amazing voice,” Eunji said till made Jaebum being flustered.

“Ah, I’m not that good in singing. You’re still the best singer in this university,” he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

“And you are the best singer for male version in this university,” Eunji patted the younger shoulder and Jaebum blushed harder before they chuckled together.

“Thank you for the compliment, noona,” Jaebum said while put the guitar back to its place.

“I think it will be good if someday JE Project make collaboration with you. Yeah, Jinyoung and you already close enough, so it will make easier,” Eunji said.

“Oh really? Woah, it’s an honor for me!” Jaebum said in amazement. “Just call me anytime whenever you need my help. I’ll always ready for the collaboration with the most popular band in this country!”

“Ah, you’re exaggerating, Jaebumie,” Eunji patted the younger arm playfully, and once again they shared laughter together.

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

 

“So, you asked me to substitute your position in JE Project? But, why?” Jaebum asked right when he meet up with Eunji and Jinyoung at the café next to the university.

“I have a reason,” Eunji paused as she staring at Jinyoung who was sitting beside her. “So, I hope you will not reject this offer. Because I know you also having a big dream as a successful singer and this is your chance.”

“But, it isn’t fair for you, noona. It’s your gold chance, but why you give it to me?” Jaebum still confused.

“You don’t have to worry about me. Just help Jinyoung and Mark to achieve their dream,”

“But noona, I—“

“Jaebum-ah, please,” Eunji cutting his words by suddenly grabbed the younger hand and staring at him with pleading eyes.

Jaebum moving his gaze toward Jinyoung, but the latter moving his gaze to the right side, refusing to make an eye contact.

“For the band’s sake, and also for Mark’s sake…” Eunji said while try to handle her tears for not coming out from her eyes. “I’m sure you can do well. You are the only person that I could trust…”

Jaebum looked at Eunji as he trying hard to define the girl facial expression. Then, he found hurt was expressed very clearly.

“You also don’t want this happen noona…”

Eunji smiled thinly. “Being a professional singer is one of my dreams. But sometimes, everything was not going well like we’ve expected… So, I should stepped back before I ruined the others dreams.”

“Eunji noona, you’re not ruining our dream—“

“Jinyoungie, we’ve made a promise 3 years ago, right? We made a promise that we will make this band popular, no matter what happened. So, I can’t be a selfish person by not letting this band gained the popularity just because of me alone,” Eunji smiled gravely at Jinyoung before she looked at Jaebum once again. “So, I give my trust for this band’s sake on you and him now. Please do well, okay?”

Eunji was about to getting up from her seat, but Jinyoung held her hand. “Noona—“

“Make me proud, Jinyoungie. Please, make me proud,” Eunji smiled sadly at him and let his hand go. “I know you can do it. You’re still my best band mate no matter what.”

And Eunji had left right after that.

 

Jinyoung sat on the seat and sighed heavily. If only he could change the schedule of the festival. If only he could find a way to curing Eunji’s voice. If only he could tell Mark that his girlfriend was sick and she was suffering.

A tear rolled down on his cheek and he wiped them away carelessly.

***

 

Eunji halted when she met her boyfriend in front of her house. Mark was immediately approaching her and making a face.

“Where have you been? I called you many times but you didn’t pick up my calls,” he pouted.

“I’m sorry. I left my phone on my room,” she smiled halfheartedly.

“What happened with you, baby? Are you sick?” Mark asked with eyebrows furrowed.

“I’m not,” Eunji shook her head. “I just... I just nervous… Yeah, just feel a little bit nervous,” she shrugged while trying to form a smile on her face.

Mark chuckled. “It’s normal for being nervous, me either. But I’m really sure that you can do well at the festival. I know my girl’s skill so well,” Mark reached a hand to her hair.

Eunji stiffened for a while, before she dared herself to staring at him.

“I want to go to Myeongdong,” she suddenly said till Mark raising an eyebrow.

“Right now? But, why so sudden?”

“There’s something that I want to buy before we go to LA in 2 days,” she said.

There were few moments of silence, before Mark nodded his head and grab her wrist. “I’ll take you wherever you want to go, my highness,” Mark smiled cheekily, he looked so happy, Eunji could notice it. But in the other hands, her heart was surely broke apart.

***

 

Bomi looked at her boyfriend whose face went darker since he told him about Eunji’s condition. She sat beside him on the couch of her house and dared herself to ask. “Are you okay?”

Jinyoung shrugged. “I’m okay, but she’s not.”

Bomi looked down on her feet. “When will you tell Mark about Jaebum?” she tried to change the topic.

“Tomorrow, when we’re going to record the newest single,” Jin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter