I Will Forget You

I Guess You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunji had just came out from the lecture room after she took care of her permission to leave college for a week, since she had to go to Busan and attend her grandmother’s funeral. She then decided to go to the music studio to packing up some of her stuffs that she had left there. As she entered the room, Eunji met someone that she didn’t know that she should meet or not. But maybe, Eunji needs to start to believe that fate was existed.

“You want some?” Bomi asked as she reached out a cola can to Eunji, but she got a head shake as an answer. “Okay then,” Bomi shrugged and opened the can for herself. “I heard that your grandmother had passed away.”

“Yes…”

“I’m so sorry for you,” Bomi looked up at the ceiling. “Jinyoung said that he will go to Busan with you.”

“He doesn’t need to do it. I can go there without him,” Eunji heaved a sigh.

“But he insisted,” Bomi added.

“Why were you letting your boyfriend to accompanying another girl?” Eunji found herself asking.

“What boyfriend?” Bomi frowned.

Eunji was taken aback this time. “Didn't you and Jinyoung already start to date again?”

Bomi let out a soft chuckle then she shook her head. “I don’t think he liked me after what I’ve done to him 2 years ago,” she looked down on her shoes.

“What do you mean?” Eunji frowned as she didn’t get what the latter had said.

Bomi turned her face so she could see Eunji. “Didn’t he tell you something about our past relationship?”

Eunji shook her head.

“It was a fake relationship… Jinyoung just wanted to help me to figure out about Jongdae oppa’s feeling toward me. So, he asked me to be his fake girlfriend,” Bomi said and Eunji gaped in disbelief. “He was so kindhearted, right? So, I don’t think I deserve to get a love from a nice guy like him.”

“He never told me about it,” Eunji huffed. “I never thought that he had sacrificed his own happiness for the girl that he loved. And I never thought that he’s still waiting for your love till now.”

“Seriously?” Bomi’s eyes widened. “After everything, he still liked me? Instead he can find a better girl,” Bomi gulped. “It’s not fair for him. I ever told him once to try to date you, but—“

“I’ve been rejected,” Eunji stood up. She didn’t need to hear something that will break her heart again. “He loved you that bad, Bbom. So, go get his heart and don’t break it again. Jinyoung deserved to be happy.”

Eunji forced herself to smile before she walked away from her previous spot, leaving Bomi with her pounding heart alone.

***

 

Mark came to school and the first thing he had to do was dealing his issue with Eunji. He found that the girl had just come out from the music studio. But he was just trailing behind her and found that the girl stopped at the backyard of the school.

Mark then decided to approach her.

“Hey,” he greeted her, and made the latter turned her face to see him. Eunji could see the difference because usually Mark would always greet her with a big smile on his face. But today, his expression was stoic and not even the bright smile of her can melt it.

There was still no word escapes from their lips. They just sat next to each other on the bench with some distance separated them.

“Eunji,” Mark finally spoke. Eunji startled since he didn’t call her with ‘Eunji-yah’ or ‘Jiji’ like he usually did. He turned around to look at her face, still as expressionless as before, and Eunji didn’t know why she suddenly hated that cold expression. “I’m sorry for your grandmother.”

“Thank you,” that was only word that escaped from .

“And, I will do what you had told me before,” Mark paused.

“What are you talking about?” Eunji managed to ask.

“From now on, no matter whom you like or how much you hurt. I won’t give any concern anymore,”

“What?”

“You know what I mean,” Mark averted his gaze, refusing to make eye-contact.

Eunji didn’t sure when did it start, but she could feel that a slight of pain had hurt her heart. She stunned, she didn’t know what to say to fill the silence between them.

Mark exhale slowly and he slowly got up from his seat. “Take care and see you again,” Mark turned around and was leaving, but Eunji suddenly rose from her sit and called him.

“Mark Tuan, thank you.”

Mark just nodded without turning around and started to walk again - leaving Eunji with many unanswered questions alone.

***

 

“Thank you for accompanying me though I was sure that I don’t need it,” Eunji said as she and Jinyoung already entered the KTX to Busan.

“Eyy, don’t say like that. Our family knew each other so well, and it’s a must for me to attend your grandmother’s funeral too,” Jinyoung said as he took a seat next to her. “And instead, I can’t leave my best friend go to Busan alone since you’ve sent Minki earlier with your aunt.”

“Yes, I have to send him to Busan earlier since I should take care my papers on campus first,” Eunji shrugged.

“Anyway noona, thank you very much,” Jinyoung suddenly changing the topic of their conversation. “Thank you very much for telling Bomi noona.”

Eunji knew what Jinyoung had talked about. So, she started to fake a smile, though she still could feel that her heart had broken. “You’re welcome. So, finally you and her officially were dating?”

Jinyoung nodded and he could not hide the bright smile on his face. Eunji smiled bitterly. When her best friend’s love blooms, hers withered.

“Congratulations, then. I’m happy for you both and I hope you’ll not hide anything from me anymore,”

“Eeyy, I’m sorry about it noona. You know, sometimes a man must keep his pride by not letting anyone knows about his biggest secret,” Jinyoung ruffled his hair.

“Huh, do you think you still have the pride after being a fake boyfriend?” Eunji scoffed.

“Yah, you’re too rude, noona!” Jinyoung pinched her cheeks hard.

“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Yah, Park Jinyoung! It hurts!”

They chuckled.

“I miss you, Eunji noona,” Jinyoung suddenly confessed. “My days have been so lonely without you singing off tune in the music studio. I’m sorry for abandoning you.”

Eunji smiled, feeling butterflies inside her heart. “It’s okay. And I miss you too, Jinyoungie.”

***

 

“Mark hyung, look at this!” Jaebum suddenly barged into the class and handed him a paper.

Mark looked at the paper very careful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter