NOTHING'S OVER

THEN & NOW

SunMi's point of view:

"I have something to say." Myungsoo said as soon as the rest of INFINITE walked out and closed the wooden fences door.

"What is it?" I asked, already expecting the worse.

"Did you have fun?" He asked.

"Mmm, I did. Thank you."' What's going on? I asked myself.

"I'm sorry about earlier today." He said, sending me into a confused frenzy and continued.

"I shouldn't have mentioned your brother. I know how much he means to you and for me to mention him like that, it was wrong."

     I looked at the floor now, talking about my brother with Myungsoo made me want to cry. For the past years, Bae was who I prayed to when I was lonely. Bae was my comfort when I felt lonely and here was the only man who could make the loneliness go away, Myungsoo. 

"It's okay." Was all I could say.

"But SunMi, I meant everything I said before that. You and I aren't friends anymore." He said.

     I looked at him then and watched as all seriousness returned to his eyes.

"Says who?" I was mad now.

"SunMi, our friendship is in the past, their's nothing left now." He explained.

     That was a lame excuse.

"Myungsoo, nothing's over for me," I started to tear up, "Just because we were apart doesn't mean we can't be friends now."

"SunMi listen."

"No, you listen! I don't know why you're treating me like this, but nothing's changed Myungsoo. You're still my best friend to me, you never stopped being my friend."

"SunMi, you were in America for FOUR years. What did you expect?"

"I expected you to still hold on to that friendship!" I yelled at him, my tears now fell quietly. I looked away.

"SunMi, memories are just memories, their is no way of making them stay."

"It doesn't change a thing Myungsoo. Do you know how stupid I feel right now?" I turned to face him again. "Do you know how lonely I felt when I first got to California? Yes, I made friends, but do you know how hard it was for me to try to keep up with them? My English was limited and sometimes I had no clue what they were saying! Myungsoo, you have no idea how much I missed you. I use to brag about you, if only I would have known that you were going to be like this, I wouldn't have come back. It's too late to regret my decision on moving back here, but like I said Myungsoo, nothing's over, unless you give me a good reason as to why it is." I finally finished.

     He looked around, thinking about how to answer I'm sure. After a short silence he answered.

"SunMi, I wont give you a reason right now. I'll just simply say, do what you please. I can't tell you what to do or what not to do. I will tell you this though, don't expect anything from me SunMi, because you will be disappointed." He spoke in a soft, serious tone.

"We'll see about that Myungsoo. Go home now." I said.

     Their was no way I was giving up tonight, so I sent him home before it got any worse.

"Good night SunMi." He simply said and walked away.

     Aish! I was so frustrated with myself their was no way I could fall asleep. His words were still ringing in my head. For four years I was the only one still holding on to this friendship, ridiculous. I did what every other girl does in a situation like this. I grabbed my iPod and looked for all my favorite K-Pop songs and turned them into a playlist. I threw myself on the bed, plugged my headphones in and cried along to the sound of K-Pop.


Playlist: Nothing's over

1. Do not look at my lips- 8Eight

2. Don't Love- FT Island

3. Be the one- JYJ

4. Foool- B1A4

5. Don't cry- 2NE1

6. Love song- Big Bang

7. Friends Confession- 2AM

8. On rainy days- BEAST

9. 0330- U Kiss

10. Y- MBLAQ


      Maybe around song number eight, I fell asleep. Life truly and to top it all off, I had to go to school tomorrow. I had no chance of trying to talk to Myungsoo tomorrow but it didn't mean I was going to give up. I still cherished this friendship too much for me to just give up like that. I wondered if their was a way for me to see him in a regular basis.

     The next morning I got up late and honestly had no motivation to get up from bed, but of course I did. I headed out to school and quickly got my admissions fees and housing solved. I decided to stay and live in the school dorms. Living next door to the "memory" of Myungsoo would be just another reminder of his rejection. The admissions office secretary quickly assigned a room to me. I would have a roommate, that was a given, I just hope she's not a total weirdo.

     Their was still two weeks left until school started but people already seemed to have moved in. I wasn't in no rush to move in, but it would be nice to accustom myself sooner than later. I walked in to the soon-to-be-mine dorm and unlocked the door. It was a large dorm, it was probably bigger than my room was right now. From the floor to the ceiling the whole wall was a window to the outside. It had a beautiful view of the campus. I could definitely wake up to this everyday.

    After checking out the dorm, I decided to stop by Woollim ent's building, just to make sure Myungsoo realized that I wasn't going anywhere. I got off at the bus stop closest to Woollim. This was the third day in a row that I was here, it felt like deja vu as I stared at the building. I walked up to the door and saw the same security guard.

"Annyeonghaseo." I greeted, and bowed to him.

"Annyeonghaseo." He greeted me as well.

"My name is SunMi. Sorry that I hadn't properly introduced myself earlier." I explained.

"No problem miss, I am Jihoo, but I should be the one apologizing. I had no idea what your relationship was to the boys."

"No worries, you were just doing your job. Are the boys in?" I asked.

"They actually just left."

"Oh really? hmm that's just too bad. . .Is it okay if I wait inside?" I asked.

"Of course. It seems to be that you are very welcomed here. Go right ahead."

     Yes! The security guard was now allowing me to enter!

"Thank you, Jihoo." I said as I walked into the building.

     As I walked in I quickly took a seat at one of the sofas positioned by the side of the entrance. I couldn't have been there for more than three minutes when I heard someone walk in to the building. I turned to look and it was Tablo! Tablo walked in with another man and I got up automatically without knowing and walked up to them.

"Annyeonghaseo." I said and bowed politely.

"Oh, Annnyeonghaseo." They both said in unison.

"Who are you?" The other man said.

"I am SunMi, I am friends with Kim Myungsoo. Or L." I said shyly while still staring at Tablo.

     I felt like I was staring at God himself.

"Ohhh. I am INFINITE's manager. Jungryul and this is Daniel."

"Nice to meet you Jungryul and Daniel." I smiled at them both.

"You're Korean accent is a bit weird. Where are you from?" Tablo asked me.

"Really? Well I grew up here and I had moved to California a couple of years ago. I recently just moved back." I explained.

     Was my Korean a bit off now?

"Ohhh, I lived in Palo Alto, CA for a while." Tablo said.

"Really? I had no idea. I lived in Palo Alto too!" I giggled like a fan girl for sure.

"So that means you speak English well enough, yeah?" Jungryul then asked me.

"Well, yes I suppose I do. Four years worth of it." I laughed.

"I was just talking to Daniel about giving the kids English lessons for future overseas shows. How would you like to work with INFINITE?" He asked.

"I'd love that actually. I was worried about not having time to see the boys often. I'd definitely love to teach them."

     Yes! I was given the perfect chance to stick myself to Myungsoo.

     Jungryul and I exchanged phone numbers and told me he'd call with more details on the job and it's pay. I happily agreed and left the Woollim building satisfied from this visit. Myungsoo would definitely be surprised, he had no choice now but deal with me, plus I got paid to do it! Muahahaha! Evil laugh for today's victory.

     As soon as I got home, I started packing my clothes back into my suitcase. My grandparents weren't too happy to hear that I was already moving out, but they understood it was because of school. When honestly, it had nothing to do with school. That same night, I received a call from INFINITE's manager. He explained to me that I'd only have to teach them three days a week, Monday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I explained to him that I was now enrolled in college and my lessons ended around 1 PM. He said it was okay as long as I taught them. The manager seemed a bit confused on how or where the actual lessons would take place due to their busy schedules, but I agreed that it was okay if it were necessary for me to follow them around. I didn't mind being stuck in that damn uncomfortable van if it meant I could hang out with Myungsoo. I also requested that he not tell INFINITE that I was going to teach them, I wanted to see Myungsoo's shocked face when he finds out. I truly was an evil one.

     I went to school the next day to clean up the dorm and start bringing my belongings over. My grandpa helped me bring all of my suitcases and necessities. He agreed it was a good place and told me to study hard. Of course I would study hard, and also teach real hard too. It was Friday today, and their was still three days left until our first lesson. What to do?

     Once again I did the typical girl thing and went shopping! Korea had the best clothing stores and I had the free time, why not? I had to buy new clothes anyway, my clothes were too plain for an English teacher. I wanted to look cute, and presentable for the boys. I wasn't thinking of seducing them, Oh God no! That was definitely not my intention, trust me. Just like I hadn't had a first kiss years ago, I was no way even coming close to getting a boyfriend. Especially not one who was an idol!

    Well, unless he was DooJoon from BEAST, or TOP from Big Bang, Or Eli from U Kiss, or maybe even JaeJoong from JYJ.

I didn't ask for much, right?

     After buying a whole bunch of cute skirts, tops and shoes, I decided to walk into one store called 'K-POP HEAVEN.' Maybe I could find some good music or merchandise, or if I get really lucky, maybe even a life size cardboard cut out of my biases! Sure enough, their was a cut out of DooJoon, but unfortunately it wasn't on sale. Damn, KPOP HEAVEN my . All the good stuff wasn't on sale.

     As I was looking around, I noticed the INFINITE section on the rack. The boys CD's and merchandise were all stacked up and arranged so neatly. I picked up their most recent album and read the track list. I recognized a couple of the songs and decided to buy it. I also picked up a couple of posters, the dorm would need a little spicing up anyway. Why not make it INFINITE themed?

    I got back to the dorm and quickly went to go look for the perfect place to put up the three INFINITE posters I had just purchased. I stapled them along the side of my bed. All three were perfectly placed. I stared at the posters for a while, I was still amazed how cute these guys were.

                    

     When did Myungsoo, or L, become so cute? I laughed at the thought of Myungsoo being cute. Yeah right, he was like lion cute. They look furry and adorable, but really they are dangerous and evil creatures. I can't believe I'm comparing Myungsoo to a lion right now. I must be out of my mind.

     As I was laughing at myself a girl walked in.

"Oh, Annyeonghaseo. You must be my roommate." She said.

"Annyeonghaseo. Yes, I'm SunMi."

"SunMi, that's a nice name. I'm MinHee." She said with a bright smile.

     MinHee was cute, she was not tall but not short either, with long light brown hair and big brown eyes.

"Oh!" She said as she pointed to the posters on my wall.

"Do you know them?"

"Uh? Anneo." She said while still staring at them.

"They're INFINITE. They're great, you should listen to them." I said, my promise of promoting them had been accomplished.

"I'm not a big fan of idols right now." She explained.

Promotion failed.

     I thought she would stay tonight but she just left her things and left. I wondered if she had other plans or if she was just uncomfortable with me. Either way, her reaction to INFINITE still seemed a bit off. I didn't make much of it, whatever, if she didn't like K-Pop groups she didn't like them, end of story.

     The weekend passed really fast. MinHee finally finished moving in and I truly enjoyed her company. We got along better than I thought. MinHee was from Busan and we both went out together a couple of times to get familiar with the city. Seoul had changed so much these past years, I couldn't even recognize the school I use to attend. It was twice as big now.

     Today was finally Monday! My first day of work. Their was still another two weeks until school started, so today I got to teach them early. It was almost noon when I reached the Woollim Ent building. INFINITE's manager called to say that they were on their way and told me to wait in the dance room.

     I greeted Jihoo, the security guard and went straight to the dance room. It was a bit weird sitting there all by myself. Next time I'd definitely bring MinHee. I felt bad leaving her in the dorm alone. 20 minutes later the door opens, and in walks all seven members of INFINITE.

"Oh, noona! Why are you here?" SungJong asked as soon as he saw me.

    Myungsoo looked at me and then looked back to their manager. He looked at me with a surprised, seriously annoyed look on his face.

"What's going on?" SungGyu asked.

"This is SunMi, your new English teacher." Jungryul explained.

     They all looked at me and then back to their manager again in shock. I only looked at Myungsoo now, with a smug look on my face.

 

                                                                                         I gotcha now, Kim Myungsoo.