NEW INSPIRIT

THEN & NOW

SunMi's point of view:

"Waaah, you guys are amazing!" I said as I clapped.

     The boys of INFINITE had just finished showing off their skills. After they danced 'Before The Dawn', they continued on with, 'Be Mine,' and their most recent track, 'Paradise.' The way they danced and the sound of their voices made me a fan instantly. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world right now. A private mini concert all to myself.

"Now you know what INFINITE is." WooHyun said as he took a huge sip of water from his bottle.

"Tell all your friends about us, in case they don't know either." Hoya added.

"I don't have friends to tell, but I'll definitely promote you guys." I said with an honest smile.

     They were surprised by the fact that I said I didn't have friends. The look on their faces was priceless.

"You don't have friends?" SungJong asked in a sad tone.

"Well Myungsoo was my only friend when I lived here in Korea, and when I moved to California I made a couple of friends of course. My closest friend Jia recently moved to Japan, so technically none much are left." I explained.

     They pitied me for some reason. I didn't say it to make them see me as a lonely fool.

"How long were you in America?" DongWoo asked.

"Only four years." I said, as they started to sit around me, like if I was their school teacher about to read them a children's book.

"Only? That's a long time." DongWoo responded.

"And no friends with all that time?" SungJong said.

"Yeah, I had friends. Jia, like I said, she was the first friend I made and over time we became best friends, but she's in Japan now so . ."

"Sounds real lonely." Hoya said.

"Is that why you came back to Korea?" Myungsoo asked, not looking at me.

"No." Yes, I suppose it was because I was lonely.

     Jia, my best friend of four years left to Japan, I had nothing to do and no one important in California, and I wanted to be with Myungsoo. I hadn't noticed before, but it seemed I was completely reliant on my best friends. My best friends seemed to be what my life revolved around. As I realized this, Myungsoo then got up and exited the dance room.

"I'm going to talk to him for a second guys. I'll be right back." I told the boys as I hurried and followed Myungsoo out.

     I followed him into what looked like a recording studio. As he walked towards the front of the room, he then turned to face me.

"Why did you come back?" He asked, finally looking into my eyes.

. . . . . "Why did you come back?" He asked, because I hadn't answered his first question.

     His eyes made my mind go blank. The intensity and emotion in his dark eyes looked as if they could see past my soul.

"Answer me!" He yelled, breaking the silence.

"My parents asked me to come." I finally said.

     It was true, they were the ones that suggested I move back to Korea.

"For what?"

"They told me study, and to take care of my grandparents."

"So I guess that you're living here for a while." He said with an annoyed smirk.

"Why? Are you going to tell me to disappear again?!"

"I wish that were the case SunMi, but you're too stubborn to listen to me." He looked away again.

"You're right, I am too stubborn, but I had no idea you were this selfish!" I yelled.

"Selfish?! . . .Ha, how could you of all people say that after all I did for you? I took care of you without anything in return. When your brother died . . . . Never mind, forget it. Their's no point to it now." He stopped his rage before he could make things worse.

"Don't stop, say it? What about my brother?"

"Nothing, forget it."

"You're right. You were the opposite of selfish and I'm sorry that you felt responsible for me. I must have been a huge burden to you. So is that it?" I asked.

     All I understood from this was that he didn't want to care for me anymore. I truly must have been a huge burden to him back then.

"What's it?"

"Don't worry about it, I don't need you to take care of me anymore. I'm a big girl now, Myungsoo. I can take care of myself."

"That's not what I meant SunMi."

"No? but it's close enough right?" I replied, trying to hold my tears in.

     He didn't respond. Their was another part of the truth behind his aggression, but not wanting me to be a burden was enough for me. Was it because he was an idol now? I started to slowly walk away when he grabbed hold of my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"I'm going to say goodbye to the guys." I wanted to run away, I wanted to cry but not in front of him now.

"Goodbye? No, why?" SungYeol said as he now was walking into the room with SungJong.

"We wanted you to come with us to our next show." SungJong added.

"Yeah, it'll be fun." SungYeol said.

"Noona, Jebal. Pleaseeee." SungJong begged.

     I looked back at Myungsoo who still held my arm, he nodded his head as if he was giving me permission to come along with them. First he sends me away and now he's allowing me to come along with him. Is Myungsoo bipolar or something?

     The boys hadn't eaten breakfast yet and neither had I. So before leaving, we ordered Mc.Donald's and had it delivered. Yes, Mc.Donald's delivers, at least in Korea they did. I would have probably gained a lot of weight if the Mc.Donald's in California delivered, but seriously how is Mc.Donald's in America not as advanced as it was here in Korea? Seriously, U.S., get with the program. Anyways, each of us got a cheeseburger and a small package of fries. Korean cheeseburgers held the same basic ingredients that American cheeseburgers held. The same basic buns, meat, cheese, tomato, but here you can get Kimchi on it too. Oh yes, I could get used to this.

    The boys stared at me as I took the first bite of my cheeseburger. I guess they found it amusing for a girl to eat in such a way. I may be small, and have the cutesy, proper lady feel to me, but when I ate, I ate like a hungry beast. So of course, even here in front of these seven hot idols, I took a huge bite out of my cheeseburger. Myungsoo was the only one who had seen me this way, but it looked like he was still surprised just like the rest. I guess he probably thought I had grown out of this bad habit.

     After breakfast, the boys and I exited the Woollim building and I gave the security guard a long look. As if saying, 'In your face!' I laughed internally. All eight of us then got into the packed black van. Myungsoo, SungJong, DongWoo and Hoya sat in the back seat. I sat in the middle row of seats next to WooHyun and SungYeol, while SungGyu sat in the front seat with the driver. After a while, I asked the guys where we were headed.

"We're going to get hair and makeup done." Hoya responded.

"Yeah, we're going to get our hair burned and our faces covered in harmful chemicals." SungYeol added.

     I laughed along with SungYeol. He was right, it was torture, at least to his hair and skin it was.

     As the seven members of INFINITE got beautified, I sat back and watched. So this was what goes on behind the scenes? I wondered if my all time favorite group BIG BANG looked as peaceful at the hair salon as INFINITE did. I'm going to have to ask the boys later if their's a chance that they were close to BIG BANG. If they were, I'd die of happiness and beg for TOP's autograph. . . . and maybe even his phone number! ;)

     I had gotten a glimpse of INFINITE earlier today, but their was still so much I didn't know yet.

"Hey SungGyu,"I called for him as I walked over to his chair.

     He was getting his make up done.

"Yeah." he said, with his eyes closed as the makeup artist dabbed cover up on his eyelids.

"How long has it been since your debut?"

"Umm, since June 2010."

"It hasn't been that long then."

"I guess not, why?"

"Just asking. . . Was Myungsoo as serious then as he is now?"

"He has always been reserved I suppose, even before debut. Behind the scenes he's a total different guy really, but since debut he sticks with his serious character even after the cameras are off. He smiles, laughs, cries, just like the rest of us of course, but he always had that mysterious side to him. It appealed to Woollim Ent., so it became his image. . . . Was he not like that before?" He asked while he opened his eyes and looked at me through the mirror.

"Not at all. Or maybe he was, but he never showed that side to me. It surprises me really."

"Don't worry about it so much. Give him time, he has a problem with opening up. Just wait a bit SunMi."

     SungGyu's words were comforting, and I was grateful to him. Now the question was, how do I get closer to Myungsoo?

     As I continued to wait for the boys to finish, I did research on INFINITE on my iPhone and got to watching all their music videos. I started from watching their music videos in order. 'Come back again, She's Back, Before the Dawn, Nothing's over, Can U Smile (Live), Be Mine and the most recent, Paradise.' Ah, they truly are amazing boys. I was definitely a fan now. Not to mention, that each one had qualities that made you fall in love with them all, it was hard to pick a bias.

     I loved how masculine DongWoo is, Hoya's transition from bad boy to total aegyo overload. SungJong's gentle nature, SungGyu's leadership and boldness, SungYeol's confidence and powerful personality, WooHyun was extremely good looking and funny, and Myungsoo. Myungsoo's mysterious persona truly was mesmerizing, he made you want to hold him and make his problems go away. I looked up to find Myungsoo, he was sleeping as a hair stylist straightened his hair. I sighed and stared at him as I thought what I could do for Myungsoo to smile at me again.

     One by one, they all finished hair, makeup, and changing into black fitted suits. If they were handsome before, without all this glamor, then imagine how good they looked now.

"How do I look unnie?" SungYeol asked me as he twirled around, showing off his new look.

"You look great SungYeol-shi." I smiled at him as I assured him he looked great.

"Unnie, call me oppa. okay?" SungYeol asked.

"Oppa." I said as I giggled.

     I could tell SungYeol liked me.

"I'm a better looking oppa, huh SunMi?" Hoya then asked.

"Uhh. All my oppas look great." I said, not wanting to have to choose a bias now.

"I think noona was just being nice, sorry Hoya." SungJong added and made them all laugh.

     All except, Myungsoo of course.

     After that, we all headed back out to the van to go to our next destination. First, we stopped at the KBS building and they did a quick interview. Then we drove over to Daejun for a fan signing event. Their was so many people in Daejun waiting for INFINITE it completely caught me by surprise. They were more famous than I thought. All seven of them walked in the room, introduced themselves and then sat at the long table positioned on the mini stage. One by one, fans started forming a line to meet their idols.

     They first started with SungGyu, then DongWoo, WooHyun, Hoya, SungYeol, Myungsoo and ended with SungJong. The fans screamed, cried, laughed, smiled, spazzed at the sight of them. I watched Myungsoo most of the time. I wanted to see if he was as serious with his fans as he was with me. As expected, Myungsoo was still cold and serious. He would smile at his fans, greet them, accept their gift and thanked them away. Maybe, this was how he was now, and I'm just disappointed because he wasn't the same guy I knew. As much as he wanted me to call him L instead of Myungsoo, I couldn't because in my head he'd forever be Myungsoo. The kind, caring, happy, silly Myungsoo.


     The fan meet lasted for at least two hours. They had apologized because they thought I was probably bored, but I assured them that it was fun. I really did enjoy watching them. It was like watching them on a reality series. Once they were done, we headed out to the last location. They were to perform at a charity event in Gangnam-gu. As soon as we arrived, we quickly went around back and waited for the performance list order to come out. The boys one by one, hooked on their microphones and put in their ear pieces.

1. Teen Top

2. FT Island

3. BEAST

4. SECRET

5. SISTAR

6. B1A4

7. DAVICHI

8. BOYFRIEND

9. MISS A

10. BROWN EYED GIRLS

     Chunji from Teen Top was even more good looking in person. Oh God was I happy I came along. Me and SungJong sang along like dorks to FT Island's 'Hello Hello' and 'Like The Birds.' I was having too much fun, I admit. The line up was amazing! I was definitely spazzing about seeing Jinyoung & Gongchan, they were adorable! Oh God, Baro and CNU's voices! I could just die right now of happiness.

     When INFINITE went on, I cheered for them from back stage. All the other idols must have wondered who I was and what I was doing. I calmed myself a bit, like if I couldn't embarrass myself any more. INFINITE performed, 'Be Mine' and 'Paradise' in perfect harmony. I had just met these boys this morning, but I was already growing quite fond of them. They weren't the same kids from earlier right now, they were idols. It was scary to think of Myungsoo as an idol. Idols usually led chaotic, lonely lives.

     The charity event ended successfully. I heard they raised over the limit they were going for. I was starving by now, and so were they boys. We headed back to the van and stopped at the nearest restaurant we found. The boys ordered BBQ for us all. We all received our bowls of rice, while the ahjumma the grill laid out in between of our table. The food was delicious, after a long day, food was the greatest solution.

"Yah Myungsoo, aren't we close to your house?" SungGyu asked.

"Mmm, wae?" Myungsoo asked as he rolled a piece of meat, rice and pepper paste in a leaf of lettuce.

"Why don't we spend the night there? It's late and our apartment is too far." SungGyu suggested.

     The rest of the boys nodded in agreement, their mouths were all stuffed with food.

"Let me call my mom." Myungsoo said.

     He looked like he didn't want to, but when the leader says something it goes right? He walked out for a bit to call his mom. After maybe five minutes, he came back in and said his mom had agreed. INFINITE would all be staying at Myungsoo's home, while I went back to mine, right next door. After our meal, we got back in the van once more, and drove home. It took a short half hour to get home. The boys didn't seemed surprised when I explained that I lived right next door to Myungsoo. SungYeol was actually happy we didn't have to part ways yet. He seriously liked me, eottoghe?

"We're here!" SungJong pointed out as we stopped right outside Myungsoo's home.

     We all then got off the van, that van was seriously starting to get on my nerves. I didn't even want to imagine how long the boys have been riding in this horrible thing. They all then walked me over to my home.

"Good night SunMi." They all said.

     We all said good bye, and I watched them walk away, while Myungsoo stood in front of me still.

 Oh boy, what does he have to say to me now?