I SHOULDN'T SPEAK

THEN & NOW

http://youtu.be/V6QbZNBhT48


Author's point of view:

"SunMi-ah," Myungsoo said in surprise as he saw SunMi, "How did you get back here?"

     SunMi looked up at him in tears and was angry at how calm Myungsoo seemed right now. Was he not affected by her presence at all? She was close to passing out at the mere sight of him. How could he not be just as affected? However their calmness was short lived, Myungsoo and the members of INFINITE were surprised at what happened next:

     She took a step forward towards Myungsoo, he stood still as she came closer. As she stopped right in front of him, she stared deeply into his eyes for a second and then slapped him right across his face. Everyone stood still in shock as Myungsoo put a hand up to his cheek. It stung a bit. He looked back at her with wide eyes.

"Jerk." SunMi called him.

"SunMi-ah, I deserve th-" He tried to say before being interrupted.

"Not another word from you," She hit his arm, "You've done enough talking don't you think? Does my opinion not count?!" She yelled in fury.

"SunMi, I've been looking for you. Are you okay?" Lee Joon asked as he now stood besides SunMi, holding on to one of her arms.

     Myungsoo glared at Joon as he stood besides her. Joon was standing too close to SunMi and that angered him. He began to walk away, annoyed by this sight, but stopped when SunMi called for him. He turned around to face her again and saw as she pulled away from Joon's grip. Myungsoo smiled internally as she pushed Joon away.

"YAH! Where are you going?! I'm not done." SunMi yelled, ignoring Joon.

"How could you not say anything before? Why did you have to be such a coward?" She fell to her knees and continued crying, "You didn't even care about how I felt!"

"SunMi, this isn't the place for this. Let's go somewhere else, yeah?" SungJong spoke now as he tried to help SunMi up.

     SunMi pulled away from SungJong. She was obviously still mad at SungJong for the text she thought he sent. SungJong glared at Myungsoo now for having lost SunMi's trust. Myungsoo's eyes began to water at the sight of a broken SunMi in front of him, he looked away to prevent him from fully crying along with her.

"SunMi, let's go. He's not worth it, okay?" Joon pleaded again, pulling SunMi up by force.

     Myungsoo's anger started to take over as he saw Joon hold on to SunMi. He had no clue who he was, but he didn't want this stranger close to her. He was a coward to do anything in perspective though, he could only watch as Joon held her. SunMi just continued crying as she let Joon pull her away. She was speechless, her thoughts were a mess, her heart broken at his calmness, and not sane enough to tell Myungsoo that she loved him. She was embarrassed and now had became unsure of his feelings towards her. Did he not love her anymore? If he truly loved her he would have never allowed her to hurt this much.

     Joon managed to get SunMi into a taxi and headed back to her dorm room. Joon held her as she sobbed into his chest. Joon couldn't stand to see her like this. It only infuriated him more when he thought back at how Myungsoo just stood there and watched SunMi suffer. He doesn't deserve SunMi, that's what Joon thought all the while. In SunMi's head, she was thinking she wasn't good enough for him. That was the only explanation she could think of. She wasn't worthy enough to be with him. He was an idol after all.


Back at the concert:

     Myungsoo just watched as SunMi walked away. His heart ached but he couldn't bring himself to do anything. He couldn't speak, no, he shouldn't speak. That's what he thought all the while. As much as he loved SunMi, he knew that if he spoke to her now he'd never be able to leave her again. No one understood his reasons but in his head they made sense. SunMi would only get hurt more if she stayed by his side. She had already gone through some of the terrors of this industry, he didn't want it repeating.

     Myungsoo was insecure either way, he was scared that what SunMi wanted to tell him was that she didn't love him in return. This was the only reason he had avoided her calls in the first place. He was scared of her rejection, but if she did love him, then he was scared of their uncertain future. His head felt like it was about to explode.

"Are you okay?" SungGyu asked Myungsoo after a while.

     Myungsoo didn't answer.

"Let's go home L." Hoya spoke now, pulling Myungsoo off of the chair and up to his feet.

"Myungsoo, don't you think you should go talk to her now? She looks like she's in a lot of pain." DongWoo suggested.

     Myungsoo didn't say a word during the ride home. He was confused and was re-thinking the whole situation. He never meant to cause her this much pain, and now he was being a pain to the members of INFINITE. The guilt that was building up in him was only getting greater.


Back with SunMi:

    SunMi had fallen asleep in Joon's arms as they took a taxi back to her dorm. He didn't want to wake her up when they got there, instead he carefully carried her up to her room. He managed to knock on the door and Minhee quickly unlocked the door for them to enter. Minhee was shocked to see Joon carrying a passed out SunMi.

"Omo, what happened to her? Is she drunk?" She was worried.

"She had a bad day that's all." Joon simply answered.

     He walked over to SunMi's bed and laid her down gently. Joon caressed her cheek a bit before pulling a blanket over her. Lee Joon explained to Minhee what had happened and she quickly understood. Joon stayed by SunMi's side as Minhee was on the phone with someone. After a short five minutes, she returned to them.

"Joon oppa, could you stay with her for a while? I have something to take care of." Minhee asked.

"Yeah, of course. Go ahead." He agreed.

     He didn't want to leave her side anyway. He wanted to make sure she was okay. Minhee left SunMi with Joon as she headed up to Jia's room. They had to come up with a plan to get Myungsoo to listen, if he wanted to or not. The only thing they could think of was for them to personally go talk to him themselves.

"Oppa, where are you?" Jia asked WooHyun over the phone.

"At our dorm. Is everything okay? You sound worried." WooHyun asked.

"Ani, not worried. More like annoyed. . . Is Myungsoo with you?"

"Uh, yeah. Wae? Is this about SunMi?"

"Minhee and I are going to stop by okay?"

"Jia, I don't think that's a good idea-," The line went dead, "Jia? Yoboseo?"

     Jia had hung up on WooHyun as she had informed him that they were on their way. Minhee and Jia were already in a taxi cab heading over to INFINITE's apartment building. WooHyun had let SungGyu know and they both headed down to the lobby to wait for them.

"Annyeonghaseo." SungGyu greeted as they had arrived.

     The girls ignored SungGyu and headed straight for the elevator.

"YAH! What are you two going to do?" WooHyun asked, scared of their serious attitudes.

     WooHyun had never seen this side of Jia and he wasn't liking it.

"How can you guys just stand aside and do nothing, huh?" Jia was really angry.

"It's not like we didn't try, Jia. Myungsoo's stubborn." SungGyu justified.

"It's not your fault, I know," Jia took a deep breath, "I'm sorry. I just can't stand seeing SunMi like this anymore."

"Let us at least try to persuade him. Please?" Minhee asked now.

"Come on." SungGyu said before leading them to their dorm.

     As they entered the apartment they were quickly greeted by SungJong, Hoya, DongWoo and SungYeol. Myungsoo was in his room, laying face up on his bed, listening to BEAST's new song, 'I knew It.' SungGyu lightly knocked on Myungsoo's door before entering the room. Myungsoo was surprised as all the members of INFINITE came in followed by Jia and Minhee.

"What are you two doing here?" He asked.

"Cut the crap Myungsoo. You know why we're here." Jias' anger returned.

     He didn't answer.

"Myungsoo. Talk to SunMi please." Minhee kneeled down in front of him now, begging.

     SungGyu gritted his teeth watching Minhee like this. Why?

"Minhee, get up." Myungsoo ordered.

"Not until you say you'll go talk to her." Minhee said.

"I have nothing to say." He looked away.

"I know more than anyone how much you love her, you even used me in the process. So why are you running away from her?!" Minhee yelled now.

     Minhee was infuriated, Myungsoo threw Minhee's love away a long time ago because of SunMi. SungGyu became confused at Minhee's last statement.

"SunMi's suffering because of you. How dare you say you love her and not even give her a chance to tell you she loves you too. Does that make sense to you?" Jia spoke again.

"What?" Myungsoo asked now, looking straight at Jia with a confused face.

"Quit playing around Myungsoo! This isn't funny." Jia continued her rant.

"SunMi loves me?" Myungsoo asked in a whisper, unsure of it being true.

"Are you serious? Like you didn't know?!" Jia yelled.

     DongWoo, Hoya and SungYeol all jumped at Jia's sudden outburst.

"Isn't that obvious?!" Minhee yelled too.

"Hyung, she wouldn't have called everyday if she didn't." SungJong pointed out.

"You're not seriously going to let her go knowing that, right?" SungYeol asked annoyed.


In the meanwhile:

"SunMi-ah, go back to sleep." Joon said as he noticed SunMi start to sit up on her bed.

"Oppa, how did I get here?"

"I carried you here."

"Omo, I'm so sorry. I was a mess wasn't I? I feel like such an idiot." SunMi face palmed herself lightly.

"No, SunMi," He sat beside her, "I shouldn't have brought you there. It's my fault."

"I'm sorry Joon. I'm really, really sorry." She began to cry.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry. It's okay." He hugged her now.

"Joon. . ."

"Yeah?" He was still holding her.

"I don't think this is helping."

"What do you mean?" He was confused.

"You and I, I mean. . .I, I don't think this is working," Joon froze, " I don't think it's fair to you. I love Myungsoo, I don't see how I can bring myself to love someone else." She explained.

"SunMi, I - I know that it's hard to forget bu-"

"It's only hard to forget if you choose to forget. I wont give up Joon, I can't give up yet." She interrupted him.

"SunMi-ah."

"I'm sorry Joon." She looked up at him with an apologetic gaze.

"Don't worry about it SunMi. I understand." He caressed her cheek as he looked down at her and smiled half heartedly.

     She smiled back at him, caressed his cheek once, gave him a quick peck on his cheek before sitting up.

"You should go now. It's late." She stood up as she spoke.

"Yeah." Joon got up slowly and looked at the floor, "Thank you SunMi. . .For at least trying, for me."

     SunMi pulled Joon into a tight hug and then walked him over to the door.

"Goodnight, Joon."

"Sleep well, SunMi." He said in return before walking away into the dark hall towards the elevator.

     Joon walked away in defeat. He was angry of course, but because he loved SunMi he didn't pursue her any further. His pride would only be hurt if he stuck around. He couldn't have her in the end anyway.