FAREWELL

THEN & NOW

Author's point of view:

     After the almost- incident, Myungsoo called SunMi at every hour. SunMi never bothered to answer his pleading phone calls though. She was still angry and above all, embarrassed. That jerk Taemin might not have gone all the way but it was close enough to SunMi. SunMi felt dirty, like everyone was pointing fingers at her and that they knew he had felt her up. How could she not be ashamed?

     A week later SunMi gave in and answered Myungsoo's phone call.

"SunMi?" Myungsoo said, holding his breath as he waited for a response.

"What do you want?" SunMi asked annoyed.

"SunMi, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He pleaded.

"Don't worry about it. It's okay, I'm okay." She assured him.

"Can I at least make it up to you?"

     SunMi thought about it in silence for a minute.

"How?"

"Can I meet you tomorrow? I'll go to your dorm. Is that okay?"

"For what?"

"It'll be a surprise." Myungsoo beamed.

"I don't like surprises Myungsoo."

"I know, it'll be the last time. I swear."

"The last time?" SunMi asked confused.

"Yeah, I still want to give you a perfect last day."

     SunMi was trying to hold back her tears as he said this. He still wanted to end their friendship after all. Even after Myungsoo realized that he still needed and wanted to protect SunMi, he still wanted her away?

"Fine." Was all SunMi could say.

     This was it for SunMi. It was ridiculous how long this farewell was taking, and by now she thought that she'd never get rid of him.

Was this fun for him?

What was he trying to accomplish by playing with her?

     Regardless of the outcome, SunMi felt defeat. She had thought Myungsoo did care after all, and yet he asked her for only one more day. He said, 'One last day' instead of saying, 'Never leave my side.' SunMi really wished he would have said that instead, but she wasn't surprised when he said otherwise. As unpredictable as Myungsoo was, SunMi had already seen this coming.

     Myungsoo on the other hand was internally confused on the whole ordeal. As he arrived back at his dorm that night, he sat and thought about how it came down to this. He hated SunMi so much back then, and now? Now, he wasn't sure what he wanted. All the things that she had gone through because of him was starting to weigh down the chance of Myungsoo wanting SunMi to stick around.

     He thought that she didn't belong to his world. The world where fan girls were constantly chasing him. The world where he was virtually dating all of those fan girls, crazy and non-crazy alike. The world where he was under a huge spotlight that watched his every move. How could Myungsoo make her a part of such a complicated world?

     The thought stuck in the back of his mind the whole time before their last day. As the day turned into night he became even more nervous then he already was. He asked himself over and over again if he could live with himself, sending her away like that. Or if he could live a life where he loved SunMi but wasn't able to properly. His decision wasn't easy, but in the end he knew exactly what had to be done.

The Final Day:

     The sun was shining brighter than usual today. SunMi didn't know what to expect of today but she hesitantly got up from bed this morning. Myungsoo had called her the night before telling her that he'd come by to pick her up. At least if he ditched her today, SunMi knew she was safe in her own dorm room. That comforted her a bit, but the thought that he might not show up today annoyed her.

Knock Knock

     As she heard someone knocking on her door, her heart started beating fast. She slowly made her way to the door, taking a few deep breaths before finally opening the door.

"Good Morning." Myungsoo said as soon as she had opened the door.

"Morning." SunMi simply greeted.

     She was happy that he showed up this time, but now was nervous again when she realized she didn't know where they were headed.

"Where are we going?" SunMi asked Myungsoo once they were both seated in the taxi cab.

"It's a surprise." He half smiled at SunMi.

"Ajjushi, can you tell me where we're headed?" SunMi suddenly asks the driver.

"I'm sorry agassi, it really is a surprise." The driver responded.

     SunMi looked over at Myungsoo to see him smirk. 

"You're very lucky agassi. You have such a handsome boyfriend and he's even taking you out today."

"Yeah. .  I'm very fortunate." SunMi said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes at Myungsoo.

"Just sit there and look pretty. No questions, okay?" Myungsoo finished.

     SunMi didn't say anything after that. Thirty minutes later, they arrived at the airport. SunMi sat in the car and watched Myungsoo get out and go around to open her door. 

"The airport?" She asked.

"Mm, let's go." Myungsoo said as he grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her out of the car.

"Thank you ajjushi."  He leaned in and thanked the driver before closing the cars door.

"Neh, have a nice flight you two." The driver said as he winked over at SunMi.

     SunMi felt a bit uncomfortable as they walked over to the boarding gates. Then he surprised her again by pulling out both their passports.

"Where'd you get that?" SunMi asked shocked and confused as she took hold of her own passport.

"Oh well lets just say I have a couple of accomplices." he said.

"Who? . . . Minhee? Jia?" 

"Here's your ticket." he handed her a plane ticket that read "Jejudo"

"Jeju island?" she read the ticket in shock, "We're going to Jeju?"

"Come on." He took hold of SunMi's hand then and pulled her onto the small jet plane. 

     SunMi blushed to the feel of having Myungsoo hold her hand. As they reached their seats, he quickly removed his hand and sat as if nothing was happening. In SunMi's head, all she could think was that she was misinterpreting his behavior. He didn't like her in that way and she shouldn't like him either. Especially not when she already knew it was all about to end. 


SunMi's point of view:

     My heart felt as if it was about to fly out of my chest. Sitting like this with Myungsoo was more difficult than anything right now. Could he not tell how awkward I feel right now? Could he not see how nervous he made me? Wait, since when have I liked Myungsoo?

"Have you been to Jeju?" Myungsoo suddenly asks, interrupting my train of thought.

"Eh? No, never." I replied, blushing while doing so.

"It's beautiful. I think you'll like it." Myungsoo looked down at me as he spoke and smiled a glorious smile that only made me even more nervous.

     I could only smile back at him like a fool at his last comment. Myungsoo and I seemed to always have silent moments every time we were together, but these moments were never awkward. It was more like, comfort. I was always comfortable with him and I was glad that it made this flight less stressful after I got over our skin ship.

     After a while, we finally landed. We got off the plane and headed quickly to the arrival gates. To my surprise, from a distance I could see six familiar faces. I turned to look at Myungsoo to find him smiling at me. He was obviously amused by my expression.

"Noona!" SungJong called out as we got closer.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked surprised to see the rest of INFINITE.

"We came out to play too." DongWoo answered.

"You didn't think we'd let you and Myungsoo have all the fun." Hoya added with a laugh.

"Come on SunMi, let's go." SungGyu said.

     The eight of us climbed into a van and headed over to a hotel.

"What are we doing here?" I asked confused.

     I wasn't planning on an over night trip.

"We're staying the night." SungYeol stated.

"But I didn't bring any clothes an-" I started saying before being interrupted by WooHyun.

"We took care of that. We're nothing if not thorough." WooHyun said.

     We climbed out of the van as we reached the entrance. I was surprised when the manager pulled out a huge video camera.

"What's that for?" I asked pointing to the camera.

"It's a decoy. People wont ask who you are as long as they think we're recording. They'll think it's an interview or something."  SungGyu explained.

     It made sense. Even though I'm sure that the INSPIRIT's who beat me up last time would probably recognize me anyway. We continued into the hotel and was greeted by the receptionist. SungGyu, WooHyun and Myungsoo all went up to the receptionist to get the room keys.

"Wahh, It's a beautiful day." SungJong said as he looked out the window.

"We should go the beach first." DongWoo suggested.

"We should buy snacks first." SungYeol added.

"Mm, a watermelon!" Hoya exclaimed.

"What do you want to do noona?" SungJong asked and they all turned to look at me then.

"Beach sounds fun," I shrugged my shoulders, "a watermelon sounds nice too."

"Daebak. Beach it is." DongWoo smiled.

"Let's go." SungGyu said as he walked towards us with the room keys in hand.

"SungJong and SungYeol will share a room. Hoya and DongWoo will share the other and I will share with L and WooHyun. Agreed?" SungGyu said  once we were all inside the elevator.

"Where will I sleep?" I was a bit worried because he didn't call my name.

     SungGyu giggled as I asked.

"Don't worry SunMi. You get your very own room." Myungsoo said as he handed me the room key.

"Thank you." was all I could say. 

     We all walked into our rooms as soon as we reached the right floor.

     The room was exquisite! It had a fully furnished living room, a bathroom as big as my dorm room and a bedroom fit for a queen. It was more than I expected and I was beyond thankful for the boys. 

Knock knock

      I was staring out the balcony's glass doors at the view of the ocean from afar when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly walked over and opened the door to find SungJong standing there wearing swim shorts and sandals. 

"Noona, we forgot to give you your stuff. " SungJong said as he walked into my room pulling a suitcase along. 

"My stuff?" 

"Jia helped us pick out a few things. I hope everything fits." 

"So this was Jia's doing huh?" I half smiled with a bit of disbelief.  

     I thought Jia was on my side.

"Minhee helped too."  He confessed.

"Oh really?" I had a feeling she'd be a part of this too.

"Hurry and get change. Wear something cool, it's hot outside. We'll wait downstairs for you, okay?"

"You guys are done getting ready?"

"Yes, see ya in a bit." SungJong smiled at me once more and then walked out of my room.

     I opened up the suitcase to find a variety of outfits. Minhee and Jia did a great job on picking things I liked and especially did good on the sizing. I'd have to thank them for this.  I picked out  some denim shorts and a blue blouse quickly remembering that the boys were probably all waiting for me already. The shorts were short, light wash, and beautifully simple. I liked simple clothing and this outfit was just that. I hastily re-did my makeup and my hair and grabbed the only hat that was packed and headed out to meet the boys.

     As I looked at my reflection inside the elevator walls, I was astounded to see how much I glowed. I was glowing thanks to all of my friends. How could I not be lost without my best friends? I needed Myungsoo, I needed Jia, and I now needed Minhee and the rest of INFINITE. How could I live without them now? This was all I could think of in the elevator and even as I walked out of the elevator. 

"SunMi, over here!" DongWoo yelled over to me. 

     I looked up and my mind went blank. I couldn't remember my previous thoughts as I saw them all standing in front of me. 

"Wah, SunMi you look amazing." WooHyun said.

     WooHyun usually made me nervous but all nervousness was gone now. I felt nothing to his compliment but gratefulness. 

"Thank you." I simply said while looking down to my white shoes. 

"You look beautiful." Myungsoo then said.

     I looked up to meet his eyes and I smiled like a fool. I quickly looked away as I could feel my blood rush to my cheeks. I was blushing and I couldn't make it stop from happening. If Myungsoo can't tell by now then he's a fool. 

"Well now that everybody is here, let's head out to the market first." SungGyu said. 

     I was beginning to understand why SungGyu was the leader. He had so much control over the boys and it was nice to know that they were being lead by such a great man. 

     We arrived at the market after a short fifteen minute drive. It was a sunny day but the heat was bearable. At least to me it was. DongWoo and SungYeol were the ones sweating. 

"I need ice!" DongWoo exclaimed. 

"Stay in the car, SungJong and I will get the stuff." Myungsoo directed.

"Don't forget the watermelon." SungYeol reminded them.

"Don't worry I know what we need" SungJong laughed.

     As Myungsoo and SungJong were off buying the food, their was a bit of an awkward silence in the car. 

"Sooo, SunMi," SungGyu finally says after a long five minute silence, "Are you and L dating?" He suddenly asks.

"What?" Did Myungsoo not tell them anything? 

"Oh come on, this isn't the first time you guys go out somewhere together. Are you his girlfriend?" Hoya added.

"No, we're not. I'm not his girlfriend" I shook my head. 

"Really?" Hoya said in disbelief.

"Really, we're not." I assured them.

"Then, do you like him?" DongWoo asked now.

"What's with the question? Seriously guys, their's nothing between Myungsoo and I."

 "Sorry if we're annoying you right now, but try to understand. You guys seem closer than best friends." SungGyu explained.

"Myungsoo and I are nothing but friends. Less actually. Did he not tell you why we agreed to meet today?"

"What do you mean less?" SungYeol asked.

"Why did you guys meet? I don't understand?" Hoya said.

"I don't want to make him into the bad guy right now guys. Just ask him tomorrow or wait until he tells you okay? Please." I begged.

"We're back! The watermelon was a bit expensive but we got the nice ajjumma to lower the price a bit." SungJong smiled at his accomplished purchase as he climbed into the van.

     The car became silent as Myungsoo climbed in after SungJong.

"What's going on?" Myungsoo asked them all.

     SungGyu looked at me before looking over at the rest of the members.

"Nothing. What did you guys get?" SungGyu finally spoke.

     I was relieved that the boys weren't going to ask anymore today. Instead, we drove to the beach as if nothing had happened. 

"Waaaahh! It's the beach!" DongWoo yelled out as we all got out of the car. 

"It's been so long since we've come to play at the beach." Myungsoo pointed out.

"Mm, since we filmed 'You're my oppa' remember?" Hoya laughed.

"Oh that's right! 'She's back, she's back, she's baaaaack!' haha, that was fun." SungGyu sang.

"Do you know how to swim?" WooHyun asked me.

"Uh yeah, why?" 

"Good." WooHyun said before lifting me up to his shoulder and running down to the beach. 

"Yaaah!" I yelled out as I smacked his back to put me down.

     WooHyun laughed as he ran towards the water. He ran straight into the ocean bringing me down with him. We were completely soaked but it was fun. I wasn't mad or annoyed, I just played along. The rest of the boys also ran to us and quickly joined in on the fun. They all lifted me and pushed me down to the water. Myungsoo and I splashed water at each other and for the first time since I returned to Korea, I saw the old Myungsoo. The Myungsoo I remembered and missed so much was now right in front of me. I looked at him and smiled. My heart seemed to smile along with me as it felt overwhelmed by my sudden happiness. 

"Yah! Aren't you guys having too much fun without us?"  someone suddenly said.

     I turned to see Jia and Minhee both standing at the edge of the sand in front of us. 

"Jia! Minhee!" I said as I ran to them. 

     I hugged them both tightly as soon as I got to them. 

"You guys seriously have a lot of explaining to do." I told them.

"Mianheo. I fell for their cute pleads." Jia explained.

"Aish Jinjja! It was SungJong wasn't it?" I laughed as I was sure no one could reject SungJong.

"Anneo, it was Myungsoo." Jia pointed out as she waved to the boys still in the water. 

     I was a bit surprised that Myungsoo was the one that had convinced Jia. What could he have said to make her like him now? Jia knew how much of a jerk he was to me and now she's even doing him favors? WTF! ?

"Come on." WooHyun said as he ran towards us and pulled Jia into the water. 

"Come on." Minhee said as she grabbed my hand. 

     We went where the others were and played around for a while. The beach reminded me of California and I suddenly felt like I needed to breathe. Without telling anyone, and without anyone noticing I walked out of the water and onto the beach. I sat on the warm sand and looked out to them still playing. I looked around the beach to see that their wasn't many people here. It was quiet, peaceful and a bit eery. I looked up at the sky for a while and I remembered what I had been thinking back at the hotel. I looked back out to see all of my friends laughing and getting along so well. Why did it seem that they got along way better than I got along with them? Even Minhee seemed to be very much liked by Myungsoo right now.

     I wondered what life would have been like if I had stayed in California. Would I have been happier? Would I have made new friends? It was too late to think of the 'What ifs' but I still wondered what my life would have been like if I hadn't returned.  Korea was different than what I remembered. It was better and bigger. The people were different, they're much nicer and beautiful then I remembered. Even Myungsoo was different, he's a famous idol with millions of fans now.

     If I had known then that everyone was doing fine without my presence, I wouldn't have come back. Their was no reason to come back but see the progress that had been made. I was still the same from before, absolutely no progress was made. I still lived in my own world where everyone and everything was as I remembered.

     I hadn't noticed until I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, that I was crying. I looked at the person holding me to find that it was Minhee. I looked at her and continued to cry as I felt the need to vent out my heart. The pain of reality was too much to hold in that I was now finally breaking down. 

"What's wrong SunMi?" Minhee asked as she continued to hold me.

"I can't do this." I said under my cries. 

"It's okay. It's okay, SunMi. Please stop crying before they notice." 

     She was right. I couldn't let Myungsoo or any of them see me like this. Eventually my tears slowed until they finally stopped and my heart rate returned to normal.

"You okay now?" Minhee asked.

"Yeah." I assured her as I wiped my face clear of any imperfection. 

"Everything okay?" Hoya asked as he walked towards us.

"Yeah. Just sun bathing." Minhee lied.

"Good idea." Hoya said as he lied next to us. 

     The rest of the boys and Jia also came out of the water then.

"I'm hungry." SungJong said as he kneeled down besides me.

"Hyungs! Noonas! Feed me." SungJong continued his cute plead. 

"Araso araso. I'll go get the food." Myungsoo laughed.

"I'll help." DongWoo said as he caught up with Myungsoo who was already heading towards the van.

     Besides my one short episode, the rest of the day passed like a breeze. SungGyu and SungJong cooked the hot dogs and for dessert we made smores. Typical campfire foods. Jia and WooHyun told jokes almost non-stop. Their chemistry was more than obvious. SungYeol seemed to get along quite well with Minhee, except that Minhee was crushing on SungGyu. That was one drama I would avoid for sure.

     Myungsoo stayed beside me the entire time, he was even nice to me. He fed me, which to me was incredible and completely unexpected from him. He even laughed at WooHyun's pointless jokes. I was truly happy with how this day turned out, and it was the perfect way to end our friendship. I would only want to remember Myungsoo like he was today.

Later on that night:

The phone rings.

"Hello. Your presence is requested tonight at 8PM outside the pool area." The receptionist at the lobby said.

"May I asked who requested it?" I asked confused.

"Yes mam. A young man named SungJong. He also informed me to tell you to dress formal."

"Oh. Thank you." I said before hanging up the phone.

     Dress formal? Meet by the pool area? 8PM? What was SungJong scheming now? Either way, it's not like I could reject this request. In fact, I don't think I could reject SungJong at all. I felt overly protective of him, like I had to spoil him like I would a younger sibling.

     I opened up the suitcase they had packed for me and prayed their would be something wearable for tonight. My prayers were answered as soon as I lifted a pair of jeans and saw a black dress with silver beading. As I opened the rest of the suitcase compartments I found a pair of silver heals. They had obviously planned everything out before hand. I was the only clueless one here.

     Jia and Minhee stayed in another room and I was beginning to wish we had shared a room. This room was big enough and I really needed their help getting ready. I wondered if they had gotten SungJong's invitation. Well knowing that they'd probably be going to, I didn't call them over because they were probably busy pampering themselves too. It was already 7 and I forgot about trivial things and got started on getting beautified.

Five minutes before eight.:

     I was still putting my heels on when I noticed I was running out of time. I stood up and got a quick glance at myself in the mirror before rushing out of the room. I primped a bit more in the elevator and I had to admit, I looked good. As I reached the lobby floor I walked calmly towards the pool area. The doors that led to the pool area were widely opened, and from a distance I could see a path lit by candles on the floor. I followed the candles that led me to the sandy beach where a small table with a vase of roses and beautiful white dinner plates were set. I looked around and saw no one. I sat down on one of the two chairs and marveled on the beautiful view. The ocean was only a couple of feet away and I was tempted to get up and walk around.

     Just as I was contemplating on getting up from my seat I heard my name being called from behind me.

"SunMi."

     I turned to see Myungsoo standing behind me in a suit and with one single red rose. I stood up and smiled at him. He looked very handsome under the candle light, moonlight and the reflection of the ocean, it was all too overwhelming. Their was just so much beauty surrounding him, but I could only see him now.

"Did you wait long?" He asked.

"No, I just got here." I said, still dazed.

"You look beautiful."

"You don't look so bad yourself. . . Where is everyone else?" I asked after receiving the rose from him.

"It's just you and me tonight." He smiled at me as he motioned for me to take a seat.

     I sat down and watched as he sat down on his own chair.

"This is all too beautiful." I complimented.

"I'm glad you think so."

     Dinner was more than perfect. We had a salad and soup as the first course, Steak for the main course and a raspberry chocolate cheesecake for dessert. I was beyond full.

"Wah, everything was great. It's hard to choose which dish I liked best." I giggled while wiping my mouth with a tissue.

"I'd say. . . You were my favorite." Myungsoo suddenly said.

     I looked at him and smiled awkwardly as he laughed and looked away. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. I took it as a, not. 

"Thank you Myungsoo. Everything was perfect today. . . This was the perfect ending ." I half whispered the last part.

"Take a walk with me?" He simply said as he got up.

     I nodded yes and got up after him. I took off my heels before walking onto the beach. We walked under the moonlight, side by side then. The night was warm, breezy but warm. 

"Did you have fun today?" he asked. 

"I was really surprised you showed up today." I said all too honestly.

"I'm sorry. I've been a real fool huh?" 

"A bit."

"SunMi-ah" he said while he stopped walking.

"Uh?" I turned to face him now.

"SunMi, I'm sorry that. . That I treated you like a stranger. I-I've failed at protecting you and-"

"Myungsoo," I interrupted him, "Honestly, when I first got to Korea, I expected everything to be the same. I should be the one apologizing. I never imagined you would  have fully grown up into such a wonderful man."

"SunMi I-" 

"Also," I interrupted again, "I want to to thank you. You made me realize that life truly does go on and that I can't live in the past. Thanks to you I now understand this and I can truly say that I'm grateful."

"That wasn't my intention, but-" he started to say before I continued.

"I know it wasn't, but because of this I believe I've grown up in this short time. I can't always rely on others around me and from this day on, I won't."

"What are you saying?" He asked while giving me a weird look.

"I'm saying that you did a good thing by pushing me away. This was the best thing to do, for your sake and for mine." 

"So, you're saying. . ." he still looked confused.

"I'm glad we're ending it today." I was only half lying as I said this. 

     I needed it to end for my own mental state. As much as I loved Myungsoo and the friendship we had long ago, I realized it would never be the same. We were too different now, him more than I. After so many times of telling myself that it was over, I had finally convinced myself. It was over.

"You're glad." He repeated.

"Myungsoo, I mean L. . . I really wish you much happiness and success in life. I'll never forget what you've done for me, and especially for today."

"Why are you calling me L all of a sudden?" 

"Because that's who you are to me now. . . And I'll be just another INSPIRIT." I smiled widely, hoping he'd believe what I'm saying. 

"That means we'd still be connected in a way." His face was still serious.

"I guess so. Just not directly right?" 

"Mm."

"Let's go back to the hotel now. We have to get up early tomorrow."

"Yeah." He simply replied as we started to walk towards the hotel.

     We walked in an awkward silence as he walked me to my hotel room. The weirdest thing was that I felt no sadness. I knew I'd see him tomorrow during our departure back to Korea, but I felt nothing as I thought about it. Was I over it so soon? 

"Goodnight L." 

"Goodnight SunMi." he said as I turned to unlock my door.

     I smiled at him once before finally walking into my room. Just like that, the night was over. I walked over to the balcony and watched the calming rush of the waves. The beach was quiet and from here I could see the hotel staff picking up our table. As I watched them pick up each candle off of the floor, my tears began to fall. They were blowing out each candle as I was remembering each memory of Myungsoo and I. I was no longer allowing myself to think about the past but I couldn't help myself as I watched the scene below me. I cried myself to sleep that night. 

     The next morning I woke up to the call of the receptionist in the lobby. I guessed that the boys must have requested an alarm call. I quickly showered and packed up my belongings. I called Jia and Minhee and met up with them in the lobby. WooHyun, SungYeol, Hoya and DongWoo were already there waiting. 

"Morning." Everyone said to each other.

"Where's the rest of the guys?" Jia asked as I looked around.

"They took an earlier flight. They had something to do I suppose. " WooHyun explained.

"Let's go, we're going to be late." DongWoo said.

     As we drove over to the airport my heart felt heavy. I placed my hand on my chest trying to figure out why I was feeling like my entire world had fallen apart. Was I feeling like this because I didn't get to see Myungsoo this morning? I had the expectation of seeing him one last time today even if we didn't speak to each other, but it didn't happen and I didn't like the way I was feeling now.

     I sat next to DongWoo during the flight. We talked for a while, him mostly, and eventually he had fallen asleep. I was amused by the faces he made in his sleep. After a while, we finally arrived. We all walked off of the plane and walked over to baggage claim.

"What are you guys doing this week?" Minhee asked.

"Mm, I think we're headed back to Japan for a while, then to Thailand, Singapore." WooHyun pointed out.

"Wow, you guys sound like you'll be very busy. We wont get to see you guys for a while then." Jia said.

"Yeah, but we'll keep in touch. Don't worry." SungYeol smiled at Minhee.

"Oppa. make sure you call me." Jia asked WooHyun.

     I guess I was right about WooHyun and Jia getting along. They were quite close I'd say.

"Don't worry, oppa will call." WooHyun answered then boldly hugged her.

     I felt nauseous at their sudden exchange.

"Oh SunMi-ah, here take this before I forget." Hoya said as he reached into his jacket pocket.

"What is it?" I asked as he handed me an envelope that read;

SunMi,

Read it when you get home.

- L ♦

"Myungsoo asked me to give this to you." Hoya explained.

"Okay, I got the last bag. Let's go." DongWoo said as he found his luggage.

     I stared at the envelope in my hand wondering what could possibly be enclosed in it. Was their something left unsaid?