I Want Pie

"You Know Nothing About Love"

 

After the collision, Youngmin's arms were around Hyemi's waist while Jieun took the chance to link arms with Minwoo.

"Sorry!" When Hyemi looked up to see who she bumped into, she saw Jieun and Minwoo with their arms linked.

So he accepted her confession?, Hyemi thought, not aware that Youngmin was still hugging her.

Minwoo glared at Youngmin, so upset that he didn't realize Jieun had linked arms with him.

~~~~~

"Oh, Minmin-ah..." Hyemi straightened up and brushed away Youngmin's arms around her waist.

Minwoo just looked at Youngmin and then at Hyemi and then at Jieun. He flinched when he noticed that Jieun was holding onto his arms. He tugged his arms away from Jieun's grasp and walked towards their group of friends who were watching the scene as if it were a Korean drama.

Jieun looked at Youngmin and Hyemi and ran over to Minwoo.

Hyemi slapped Youngmin's arms. "Ow!" Youngmin complained. "Why are you mad at me?"

They walked over to the table. It was awkwardly silent for a few seconds.

Kwangmin went over to pool and looked at the water. He pointed at something, "Guys! Look! What is this?!"

Everyone but Minwoo went to see what Kwangmin was looking at. "I don't see anything," Yoonjung exclaimed.

"Look closer. It's right... Here!" Kwangmin pushed Yoonjung into the pool.

"Meany!" Yoonjung yelled while Kwangmin laughed hysterically. Hyemi slyly waited for her chance to push Kwangmin in. "Ah!" He screamed.

Seohee joined the fun and ran at Hyemi, intended to grab onto Hyemi and jump in. But Hyemi saw Seohee running (warning: NEVER run along the pool's edge, it is very dangerous!) towards her and dodged it in time. Everyone else attempted to drag Hyemi into the water but she was too quick. Without her noticing, Youngmin came up behind her and shoved her in. Youngmin hurriedly walked over to Minwoo, who was staring at the rice cooker, trying to get away from the angry Hyemi.

"Come on, Minmin," Youngmin used Hyemi's pet name for him. "About earlier, Hyemi doesn't like me, you know. She likes you." Minwoo looked at Youngmin.

"Impossible," Minwoo denied. "How can someone as great as Hyemi like me?"

"Dude, if I was a girl," Youngmin brushed his hair in a feminine way. "I'd date you, too."

Minwoo laughed. "You're not such a big jerk after all."

"You're right. I'm just a jerk because I'm lonely," Youngmin hugged Minwoo and batted his eyes at him.

"Ew, only Hyemi's allowed to do that." Minwoo blurted out.

"But Oppaaaa," Youngmin childishly whined as he dragged Minwoo over to the pool where everyone was trying to see who could hold their breath the longest.

They sat on the edge, waiting for someone to give up and come up for air. After fifteen seconds, Kwangmin gave up and gasped.

"My brother's a loser!" Youngmin laughed.

A minute passed and everyone but Hyemi resurfaced.

"Where's Mimi-ah?" Minwoo searched the water. Once he found her figure under the water, he dove in. Underwater, Hyemi's eyes were closed so he shook her violently. Open your eyes, Minwoo yelled in his head.

A few second passed and Hyemi's eyes opened suddenly frightening Minwoo.

"Did I win?" Hyemi asked as Minwoo gasped for air.

"Don't scare me like that ever again!" Minwoo scolded.

"What did I do? We were just playing a game."

"Just don't do that again!" Minwoo turned and swam to the edge.

Hyemi frowned. "Minmin-ah? Are you mad at me?"

Minwoo turned back around and swam back to Hyemi. "I could never be mad at you." He was going to hug Hyemi until Jieun swam under Hyemi and carried her on her neck.

"Chicken fight!" Jieun called out.

Youngmin took off his shirt, jumped into the water, and swam under Minwoo. "Ah! My crotch!" Minwoo cried in pain.

Everyone played in the pool until they were all worn out at around 3pm.

"What are we going to do next?" Kwangmin asked, as he shoved another piece of Minwoo's cake into his mouth.

"Do you guys want to go to my house and play Rock Band?" Seohee offered.

Everyone agreed and packed up their things. Hyemi, Minwoo, Kwangmin and Youngmin helped Jieun bring the food back to her house while the rest followed Seohee to hers.

"The cake you baked tasted great, Oppa," Jieun skipped next to Minwoo. Hyemi lowered her head, remembering that Jieun confessed to Minwoo earlier.

"Thanks," Minwoo turned to Hyemi. "How did you like it, Mimi-ah?" Hyemi quietly smiled.

They put everything in Jieun's house and walked over to Seohee's house which was two blocks away.

Jieun continued to skip next to Minwoo, acting cutesy when she missed the curb and fell on the ground.

"Jieun-ah!" Hyemi yelled. "Are you ok?"

Jieun clutched her ankle and started crying. I'm a genius, Jieun thought, as she fake cried.

"Oppa, can you carry me?" Minwoo hesistated before he obeyed her. He grunted while he hoisted her onto his back. He only took a few steps until he was exhausted.

"Sorry, Jieun. My legs are weak from swimming," He kindly lied sparing her feelings.

"I'll carry you the rest of the way," Kwangmin offered. Jieun grimaced. "Gosh dang, Jieun, you're heavy."

"Just shut up and walk."

Youngmin, Minwoo, and Hyemi were walking silently behind Kwangmin and Jieun. Once they were out of hearing range, Youngmin spoke. "You know she was only faking it to get Minwoo to carry her, right?"

Hyemi tilted her head. "Well, they are together, aren't they?"

"No!" Minwoo angrily looked at Hyemi.

"Youngmin told me that you guys are."

"I told you that she told him she liked him," Youngmin corrected her.

"Oh. So you two aren't dating?" Hyemi asked Minwoo.

"No," Minwoo blushed slightly. "I told her that I like someone else."

Before Hyemi could ask who he liked, Youngmin scooped Hyemi up bridal style and ran down the street. They all ran to Seohee's house after passing Jieun and Kwangmin (who was really tired).

"You only won because you're in Cross Country and Track!" Youngmin complained to Minwoo.

In Seohee's house, everyone was crowded around the television, playing Rock Band.

At the next song, Youngmin played the bass guitar, Kwangmin played the Drums, Seohee took the lead guitar, and Minwoo and Hyemi sang. In the middle of the song, Minwoo's phone rang. *Ojig nan neoui boyfriend, eh eh eh*

"Hello, Dad?" Minwoo answered. "I'm still at the party... But Dad, you promised I could stay the whole time... The Cross Country competition is a month from now. I don't want to train today, it's already 4 o'clock. But Dad!" Minwoo shut his phone. "He hung up on me!"

"Do you have to go now?" Yoonjung asked.

Minwoo nodded. "Dad's on his way."

"I'll walk you to the main road," Jieun persisted.

"Bye, Minwoo..." Hyemi said, disappointed.

He smiled at her. "I'll call you later, Mimi-ah." Hyemi perked up at what he said.

An hour passed and everyone went home except for Hyemi and the twins.

"Mimi," Seohee's mom called out from the kitchen. "Help me set up for dinner."

Hyemi had been over at Seohee's house so many times that she even helped with chores. "Ok, Aunty."

After she set up the table, she returned to the living room where Seohee, Youngmin and Kwangmin were still playing Rock Band.

"Where's your bathroom, Seohee?" Kwangmin asked.

"Down the hall. First door on the left," Seohee mumbled, completly emersed on the drums. The song finished and she cheered loudly because she beat her own high score. "Mom! New high score!" She fight pumped.

"Then what about your latest math test? New high score for that, too?" Seohee's mom said from the kitchen.

Seohee remembered that she didn't show her mom her math test because she only got an 80% on it. "Heh. Mom, do you want me to cook tonight's dinner? You seem tired." She offered, walking into the kitchen, attempting to make her mom forget about the test.

Youngmin placed the bass guitar onto the table and sat next to Hyemi on the couch. He put his arms around her shoulders. "Don't you miss being my girlfriend, Mimi-ah?"

"Not one bit," Hyemi took his arm off of her shoulder.

"You're just saying that." He thought for a while. "What happened to us?"

She suspected that he was only trying to upset her but he was genuinely concerned. "Well. We weren't meant to be." She shrugged as she took out her phone and texted her dad to pick her up.

"No way. I think we're meant to be. Come to think of it... We didn't officially break up." Youngmin smirked and Hyemi choked on her own spit. "You only texted that you didn't want to be with me anymore."

"Yes. I broke up with you when I texted you that message."

"But you didn't say 'I want to break up'. AND it wasn't in person. So we're still together. Mimi-ah, happy ten month-anniversary!" (They started dating last year December and broke up in May; it is now October). Youngmin forcefully snuggled next to Hyemi.

"Hyung!" Kwangmin finished using the bathroom. "You know she likes Minwoo!"

Youngmin released Hyemi. "Yeah, yeah. I was just playing with her." Hyemi scowled at him. "When is Mom picking us up?"

"Soon."

"Ok." Youngmin poked Hyemi's cheeks. "Did Minwoo kiss you yet?"

"Hey!" Hyemi and Kwangmin slapped his arm.

The door bell rang and Seohee ran to open it. "YoungKwang! Your mom's here."

"Bye, Hyemi," Youngmin and Kwangmin said at the same time. They walked out of the living room.

Youngmin stuck his head back in, "By the way, you looked great in your bathing suit today. Your s got bigger."

Hyemi took at pillow from the couch and chucked it at him. He laughed as he dodged the flying Pikachu pillow.

Seohee walked into the living room. "Mimi-ah, you're fun to tease."

"Am not!" Hyemi whined and puffed her cheeks.

"Yes, you are! You look like a little monkey right now!"

Hyemi took another Pikachu pillow and threw it Seohee.

Seohee caught it and sat next to Hyemi on the couch. She hugged Hyemi. "My best friend, the monkey."

"Hey!"

"Just joking." Seohee picked up the bass guitar and drumsticks. "You want to see who can get the highest score while playing all three instruments and sing?"

Hyemi picked up the microphone and guitar. "Bring it on."

----- 10pm -----

*You're my lady, you're my lady, you're my lady, with you* "Hello?" Hyemi dried her hair after taking a shower.

"Hi, Mimi-ah," Minwoo said on the other line. "What'cha doin'?"

"Getting ready for bed."

"Same here. ... Did you have fun today?"

"Yep. But I think I'm sunburnt." Hyemi touched her peeling shoulder.

"Ouch, put some ointment on it."

"I did. So why did you call?"

"I promised I would, didn't I?"

"True. I'm going to sleep soon, Minmin, I'm really tired."

"But you're going to talk to me until you fall asleep, right?"

"Isn't that rude? Falling asleep while talking on the phone with someone?"

"Nah, I give you permission."

"If you say so. What did you want to talk about?"

"Anything."

"Well, umm, have you heard of a korean boyband called B1A4? They're amazing. I love Jinyoung soooo much."

"Pft." Minwoo scoffed jealously. "There's this other boyband called Boyfriend, they're so much better." (Minwoo's a Best Friend, lol. Btw, I love all korean boy bands so please don't take that short scene seriously)

After a few hours of Hyemi fangirling over B1A4 and Minwoo fanboying over Boyfriend and other random conversations, Hyemi's eyelids were getting droopy.

"Mimi-ah?"

"Hm?"

"What would you do if you fell in love with your best friend?"

"I don't know. What is love?"

Minwoo was suddenly mad at Youngmin because he knew that Hyemi was emotionally scarred by Youngmin's wrongdoing/cheating. "Well. It's when your heart beats fast when you see that person. Um... You like being around them. When they're hurt, you also hurt. You do silly things just to see them smile. You get butterflies in your stomach when you're with them. And... You would do anything to make them happy."

"Love sounds like fun," Hyemi laid down in her bed and closed her eyes.

"I think love is scary."

"Why? It sounds great."

"But everything is so unstable. If I confess, I might lose her as a friend. If I don't do anything, I might lose her to another guy."

"Why would you lose her to another guy?" Hyemi was no longer paying attention.

"Because she's so perfect. She's funny, kind, pretty, a great leader, smart, talented, and everything I've ever wanted."

"Who would you lose her to?" Hyemi gave in to her drowsiness and fell asleep.

"Youngmin. He wants her back. He finally realized that she's everything he's ever wanted, too." Minwoo paused. "Do you know who I'm talking about, Mimi-ah?"

"I want pie," Hyemi mumbled unconciously.

"Huh? No, I'm trying to tell you that I love you!" Minwoo confessed. Hyemi snored on the other end. Minwoo laughed at himself. "Minwoo, you're pathetic. You just told her you loved her over the phone."

"Youngmin..." Hyemi sighed out in her sleep.

Minwoo clenched his fists. "Youngmin... I'm going to make you forget about him. I'm going to make you my girlfriend no matter what. ... Good night, Mimi-ah, I love you." Minwoo hung up and looked at his wall clock; 12:49am.

Hyemi turned in her sleep, knocking her phone off of the bed. "Minwoo... Saranghae..."

 

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you for avidly reading this fanfiction!

Ughh this chapter took a super long time to type up -.-" My fingers hurt haha

I hope it is to your liking :D

Please continue to support, comment, and subscribe <3

You guys mean a lot to me. Oh! And I would like to say that AsianFanFics is a really amazing place with amazing people. I was worried that I would get bashed and spammed by haters as soon as I posted something but you all have been nothing but kind <3

Please look forward to my future pieces :3

~ Kii-chan <3