Will You Be My Girlfriend?

"You Know Nothing About Love"

"Seohee-ah!" Hyemi caught up to Seohee in the hallway on their last day of school. It was an exam week so it was a half day. "I've been looking all over for you!"

"Mimi-ah! I have your present!" Seohee dug into her bag and retrieved a big box with Hyemi's name on it.

Hyemi also pulled out a big box from her big plastic bag half full of presents yet to be delievered. "Here's yours! When are you free? We need to hang out!"

Seohee gave her gift to Hyemi. "I'm free all break. You doing anything on Christmas Day? Let's go to the park!"

"Can Hyunseong come with us? I promised the day with him."

"Oh, then we can hang out the day after, I don't want to impose."

"No, don't worry about it." Hyemi thought of something. "Bring Daejung along!"

Seohee blushed. "Ok. If that's alright with you."

Hyemi hugged Seohee. "I'll call you about the details later!" She turned to leave. "Oh wait, have you seen Youngmin?"

"I think he's in math class. Mr. Lee's classroom."

"Ok, thank you. I'll call you later!" Hyemi jogged over to Mr. Lee's classroom. She had four more presents to deliever.

She walked into Mr. Lee's classroom and saw Youngmin sitting alone in the classroom, trying to figure out a math problem. Hyemi tiptoed over to him and peaked over his shoulders. "Three radical two," she whispered the answer.

"Woah!" Youngmin jumped. "When you did come in?"

Hyemi placed two presents on the desk next to him. "A few seconds ago. Merry Christmas in advance!"

Youngmin placed his pencil on the desk. "Two presents for me? Aw, so nice." He hugged both present but Hyemi yanked them away from him.

She shook her head. "No, silly. One of them is for Kwangmin."

"I know, I know. Thank you." He stood up and hugged Hyemi. Mimi-ah, Youngmin thought. I want to hug you like this infront of everyone and call you my girlfriend.

He squeezed her harder. "Youngmin-ah?" Hyemi tried to free herself from his too tight grasp.

"Oh, sorry." He blushed. "I got you something, too." He pulled out a small box from his pocket. "I hope you like it."

Hyemi lit up, "Thank you. I love it already." She gave him another hug. "Umm..." She frowned after letting go of Youngmin. "Have you seen M-minwoo?"

Youngmin looked at her curiously. "I think he's in the library. Why do you ask?"

"I want to give him something. For all that he's done for me." She pulled out a box from the almost empty bag of presents. "Should I give him the gift?"

He took the box from her and examined it. "I'm guessing it's a hat or something." She slowly nodded. "Well, you should give it to me!" He joked.

She playfully slapped him. "Youngmin-ah."

"I'm just joking." He handed the box back to her. "You went through all the trouble to buy so you might as well give it to him."

She nodded, satisfied with the answer. "Thank you. I'll go give it to him now."

As she turned to leave the room, Youngmin call out to her, "Mimi-ah! You do want to hang out during Christmas Vacation? I miss hanging out with you."

"Of course! I miss hanging out with you, too. I'll call you later." Hyemi smiled and closed the door.

Youngmin slumped in his chair. "Even after everything they've been through, she still has feelings for him. Minwoo keeps getting everything I want..."

~~~~~

Library, library, Hyemi chanted in her head to calm her down. What if he doesn't accept the gift? Should I give it to Hyunseong-Oppa? No! That's rude to give a gift to someone else. What if he doesn't have a gift for me? That's alright, it's the thought that counts, right? "Minwoo?" Hyemi whispered as she searched the library. She finally found Minwoo on a table, sleeping on his social studies textbook, mumbling away his dreams. Hyemi giggled and was about to kiss his cheeks to wake him up. She gasped loudly when she realized what she was doing. "Bad, Hyemi!" She scolded herself.

Minwoo shifted. Hyemi froze until Minwoo stopped moving and went back to softly mumbling in his sleep. She slowly took out her present for Minwoo and placed it on the table next to his head. She started tiptoeing out of the library when Minwoo woke up. "Mimi-ah?"

She inconspicuously turned around and smiled awkwardly. "Hello."

Minwoo sat up and noticed the box on the table. "Oh? Is this for me?"

She nodded. "Merry early Christmas, Minwoo. I'll see you around." Hyemi hurried to the door to get out of the awkward situation.

"Wait!" He quickly sat up and walked over to her. "You didn't even let me say thank you." He pouted.

I miss your pouts, Hyemi thought to herself. "You're welcome. I'll see you around!" She turned to leave again until Minwoo grabbed her shoulder.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

She sighed and looked back at him. "I'm not avoiding you, Minwoo."

He turned gloomy when he realized that she no longer called him Oppa. "Yes, you are. What happened to us?"

"Nothing happened..." She started to miss him.

"Liar. It was all just a misunderstanding. Can't we go back to how everything was a few months ago?" He anticipated her answer.

Minwoo-Oppa..., she sighed in her head. "I'm sorry. Our chance at being something more than friends passed... I think it's time to leave 'us' in the past."

He looked down, trying to hold back his tears. "I-I understand. I'm sorry... Hyemi."

Her heart hurt when he didn't call her by her nickname. "But. Thank you for everything that did happen between us. You made me very happy and you were a great friend."

A tear escaped from his eyes. "You made me happy, too."

She smiled as she wiped away his tear with her thumb. "Gosh, always a cry baby," she teased.

He returned her smile and fumbled with his hands. "We can still be friends, right?"

She flicked his forehead. "Silly, of course we can still be friends."

He held up his pinky. "Promise?" She linked her pinky with his.

She opened the door and left the library. Minwoo pushed his hands into his pockets and felt a small box in it that he almost forgot about. He yanked open the door and ran up to Hyemi in the hallway.

"Wait! I have something to give you!" He placed the small box into her palm. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to give this to you."

Hyemi curiously looked at the simple jewelry box. "Oh. Thank you. I can't wait to open it on Christmas."

"You can open it now, if you want to."

"But it's bad to open presents before Christmas."

"It's not really a Christmas present. It's just something I've been meaning to give you before all of this-" He waved his hands in the air indicating the drama they just went through with the whole jealously thing "- happened."

Too curious to question his logic, Hyemi opened the box. Inside the box laid a small but beautiful diamond necklace in the shape of a heart with a Hello Kitty bow on it. There was a sticky note attached to the bottom of the necklace. She grabbed it and read it to herself.

"Oh, no, don't read that!" Minwoo said a little to late.

The note read 'I love you, Mimi-ah!!! :D Will you be my girlfriend? Eh eh eh~ <3 Minwoo-Oppa'

Hyemi stared at the note for a minute. Minwoo rubbed the back of his neck, anxious. "I bought this for you when I went birthday present shopping with Eunhae. I was planning on stopping by your house and asking you properly after the shopping, but I hurt you instead. I'm sorry, Mimi-ah..."

Hyemi closed her eyes and let her tears fall onto the sticky note.

"Ah! Don't cry!" Minwoo was flustered. "Here, let me get you a tissue!"

She shook her head. With a deep breath, Hyemi placed the tear-soakened note back into the box and placed in back into Minwoo's hands.

"Hyemi..." Minwoo felt hurt by her rejection.

She smiled through her tears. "Thank you. So much. For everything. For all that you've done. For the necklace. But I can't except it." She wiped her tears. "I don't deserve it."

"Yes, you do! You deserve this and so much more!" He tried to give the necklace back to her.

She stepped back quickly. "No, I don't. It looks too expensive." Don't do this, Minmin-ah, she begged in her thoughts. If I accept this, I might fall in love with you again. And Hyunseong-Oppa means too much to me.

Agitated, he replied, "Please. I bought it for you. Mimi-ah, I love yo-"

"I love Hyunseong!" She screamed as she closed her eyes and started to sob. "I-I'm sorry!" She ran down the hallway, wiping her tears along the way.

Minwoo stood there frozen. Tears started falling from his eyes. He closed the box and placed it back into his pocket. "I'll wait for you," he said to himself. "I'll wait until the day you accept this. I'll wait until the day we can be together. We're meant to be. I know nothing about love but I KNOW we're meant to be..." He sighed before he reentered the library.

Around the corner, Youngmin heard the entire conversation. "What's so special about her?" He frustratedly scratched his head. "Don't be an idiot, Youngmin. She's beyond perfection."

~~~~~

Hyemi was turning the corner when she bumped into someone.

"Woah, don't run in the hallways... Hyemi-ah?!" Hyunseong gasped when he saw her wet eyes.

"Sorry, Oppa," She hurriedly wiped her tears.

"I always seem to bump into you when you're crying." He hugged her. "What happened?"

She wiped her last tear away. "Nothing."

Respecting her privacy, Hyunseong pretended like he didn't see her crying. He tugged at her bag with one present left. "Were you delievering presents?"

"Yep. I just need to give this last gift - " she pulled out a green box from the bag " - to someone who means a lot me."

Hyunseong raised his eyebrows. "And who might that person be?" He stepped closer to her.

She stepped back and teasingly stuck out her tongue. "Not you."

He smirked as he peaked at the present label that read 'To: Hyunseong-Oppa <3' "Oh, I didn't know that there was another guy that you called 'Hyunseong-Oppa'."

"There is," She played along. "He's a great guy."

He smiled at her comment. "What's so great about this 'Hyunseong-Oppa' person?"

"Well... He's tall, handsome, muscular, and very y." She joked.

He furrowed his eyebrows, upset. "Do you really only like me for my appearance?"

Continuing to , Hyemi lied, "Appearance makes up the entire relationship."

Really upset, he turned to walk away.

Shocked at his reaction, Hyemi hugged him from the back. "You know I'm joking, right, Oppa?"

Now teasing her, he didn't reply and pretended to scoff.

"Yes, you're tall and handsome. But you're also smart, a great leader, caring, a great friend, talented and perfect."

He laughed as he turned around and kissed her. "Are you saying you love me?"

She blushed as she placed her pointer finger on her lips.

"Are you saying you love me?" Hyunseong challenged and pulled her closer to him.

Hyemi shook her head and closed her eyes. Hyunseong chuckled, let her go, and held her hands instead. She opened her eyes.

Hyunseong smiled down at her. "I love you, Hyemi-ah."

Her heart fluttered. "I-I love you, too, Hyunseong-Oppa." She handed him his present.

"Thank you." He took it from her and put his arm around her shoulder. "Sorry, I don't have your gift with me right now. It's not very portable."

"You don't need to give me a gift, Oppa! You spent too much on me already."

He shook his head childishly. "No, I already got it for you."

"Thank you." She wrapped her arms around his waist and they walked down the hallway.

----- Christmas Eve -----

"Oh, no! I'm late!" Hyemi rushed into her living room, searching for her diamond earrings. "Where are they?"

*The door bell rang* "Who is it?" She yelled.

"Your favorite brother!" Donghyun yelled from the other side of the front door.

"Oppa!" She shouted as she ran to open the door. "You didn't say you were going to be home for Christmas."

Donghyun hugged Hyemi. "I don't want to spend my Christmas studying." He eyed her cute outfit. "Are you going on a date?"

Hyemi blushed. "Yes, Oppa. He's almost here but I can't find my earrings. Oh! The bathroom!" She remembered that she left them in the bathroom and ran to get them.

Donghyun plopped onto the couch. "I'm so happy Minwoo kept his deal. I knew Minwoo wouldn't let me down."

*The door bell rang* Donghyun got off of the couch and opened the door. "Long time no see, my lovely Minwo-" He stopped when Hyunseong appeared infront of him instead of Minwoo.

"Um, hi." Hyunseong bluntly greeted. "I'm Hyunseong... Is Hyemi-ah there?"

Donghyun eyed Hyunseong. "My little sister is looking for her earrings. Who did you say you were, again?"

"Oh! Hello, Donghyun-Hyung! We finally meet. Hyemi-ah has talked a lot about you. I'm Shim Hyunseong." Hyunseong bowed.

Confused, Donghyun asked, "Are YOU taking Hyemi out today?"

"Ah, yes, I am. I'm taking her to a park for a picnic."

"I thought Minwoo was taking Hyemi on a date today."

"Oh, no. Not Minwoo; me. Hyemi didn't tell you about me yet?" Hyunseong scratched his head awkwardly.

Donghyun tilted his head. "I haven't talked her to her in a month. Who are you to my little sister?"

"I'm-"

Hyemi rushed over to the door. "Stop interragating Hyunseong, Oppa!" She put on her slippers and turned to Hyunseong. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

"Who's this boy, Mimi-ah? Why isn't Minwoo the one taking you on a date? Why is Hyunmin the one taking you on a date? Where's Minwoo?" Donghyun blurted out questions, confused and upset.

Hyemi gave Donghyun a small smile. "This is Hyunseong-" Hyunseong waved childishly. "I really like him. And Minwoo... We've decided that we should just stay friends."

Donghyun was taken aback. "Wait. You and Minwoo broke up?"

Hyemi frowned. "We weren't officially dating to begin with."

"What happened?"

"It's a long story. I was hanging out at the mall with Seohee when Hyunseong and his friends came along and joined us. Seohee went with Daejung and Jeongmin left to talk to a group of teenagers. I was upset that I haven't seen Minwoo in a while so I walked around the mall with Hyunseong. We went into the Hello Kitty store and saw Minwoo with Eunhae. Minwoo thought I was on a date with Hyunseong and I thought he was dating Eunhae. So we... (Insert the rest of the story here)" Hyemi managed to say quickly in under a minute.

Donghyun blinked.

"Oppa, I'll explain when I get home." She held Hyunseong's hand.

"It was nice to meet you, Donghyun-Hyung!" Hyunseong said over his shoulder as Hyemi pulled him to his car.

"O-ok! Have fun you two!" Donghyun shouted. He watched them drive away. "Is Hyemi a gold digger?" Donghyun laughed at his own joke. "How does she get all of these good looking boys? Wait, wait, wait, wait. Did that punk Minwoo not keep his promise?" Donghyun shook his head, disappointed. "I should go and talk to Minwoo, myself." Donghyun nodded at his plan. "And I should stop talking to myself..."

Donghyun decided to walk to Minwoo's house rather than drive there. He admired all of the Christmas decorations as he walked past their neighborhood shops. He finally reached Minwoo and knocked on the door.

"I'll get it!" A girl called from the inside. A teenager that Donghyun had never seen before opened the door. "Hello. Who are you?"

"I'm Donghyun. Where's Minwoo?"

"He's in his bedroom packing for the Marching Band trip in two days." The teenage girl replied.

"You're not Minhee (Minwoo's little sister), by any chance are you?" Donghyun doubted that the nine-year-old Minhee would look like a thirteen year old high schooler but he asked anyways.

The girl laughed. "No, my name is Eunhae. I'm Minwoo's friend."

 

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating until today *bows*

I hope you all have been well :)

It's starting to rain often, over here, where I live... Ahhh, so relaxing.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please subscribe, comment, and support!

~ Kii-chan <3