This Place Means A Lot To Me

"You Know Nothing About Love"

----- Monday -----

"Did you hear?" Hyemi's classmate ran to her group of friends.

"Hear what?" One of them asked, curious.

"Hyunseong and Hyemi broke up!"

"What?!"

"When was this?"

"After school yesterday. I saw Hyemi crying on the staircase. Then Minwoo came and comforted her telling her that 'Hyunseong isn't the one for her. That they're better guys.'"

"No way! But didn't Hyunseong and Hyemi just make a year?!"

"Wait, wait, wait, wasn't Hyunseong cheating on her with that Freshmen?"

"You're right... Maybe that's why they broke up?"

"Maybe... I just can't believe it."

"It's his loss. At least Minwoo and Hyemi can be together again."

"Yeah, they were a super cute couple last year."

"Shhh! Hyunseong's coming!" The group of gossiping girls shushed each other.

When Hyunseong passed by, they pointed at him and whispered at him. "We didn't know the student body president was a cheater. Maybe we should tell the principle so you can learn a lesson about breaking underclassmen hearts."

Hyunseong turned to look at them.

"Yeah, we're talking to you." One girl threatened. "Hyemi's a great person. How could you cheat on her? I put a love curse on you!" The group of girls laughed.

Hyunseong nodded calmly. "A love curse? I deserve that. Thank you." He walked away.

The girls looked at each other, confused. "Did he just say thank you?"

----- After school -----

"You want to grab Frozen Yogurt like old times?" Minwoo asked Hyemi.

"Okay!" She smiled. "I'll pay."

"No. I'll pay." He pinched her cheeks. They walked out of the school and towards their favorite frozen yogurt store, FrogoYogo. "Are you okay?" He wearily asked Hyemi who was silently walking beside him.

Hyemi nodded. "I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine." He noted.

She looked at him. "I'm fine. It just wasn't meant to be." She wiped away a threatening tear.

Minwoo was going to hug her but resisted just in case she would breakdown from the gesture. He settled with rubbing her shoulders.

"No, really. I'm fine." She pushed his hands away and sighed. "I realized that since I've been cheated on a lot, it means that there's a better boy out there that's willing to look at me and only me. I just wish he would show himself soon. I'm getting tired of waiting."

Minwoo scratched the back of his head nervously because he knew he was one of the boys that "cheated" on her. For the rest of the way, he contemplated on ways to prove that he still loves Hyemi without forcing himself onto her. From now on, I won't look at any girl other than Hyemi, he thought. They walked into the store and grabbed their yogurt. "Caramel? Not Cookies n' Cream?"

"I want to try something new."

He nodded and served himself his usual Lychee frozen yogurt. Hyemi wrinkled her nose because Hyunseong also liked Lychee. Minwoo saw her wrinkle her nose and stopped putting Lychee into his cup. He trashed the cup.

"What're you doing?" Hyemi asked, wide eyed.

"I'm tired of Lychee." He lied. "What flavor do you think I should try?"

"You can get whatever you want, you know."

He shook his head and pouted. "Can I share with you then? I want to try caramel, too."

She laughed and rubbed his hair.

"That'll be $3.10." The cashier lady said. She looked like she was in her late twenties.

Minwoo quickly took out his leather wallet and placed a $5 bill on the counter.

"Thank you. Are you two dating? My co workers told me about a high school couple that used to come often last year. The guy would always get Lychee and the girl would always gets Cookies n' Cream. They said that they were the cutest couple they've ever seen. Are you them?" The lady asked as she handed Minwoo his change.

Minwoo and Hyemi looked at each other. They blushed and nodded.

"Really?!" The lady squeeled. "You're really them? Can I get a picture of you two? Please? I want proof that I actually met you!" Hyemi giggled. They took a picture together. "Thank you!"

Minwoo smiled. "Anytime. We hope to see you again."

"Actually." The lady called out before Hyemi and Minwoo turned to leave. "This is my last day at FrogoYogo. They're closing down the shop in less than a year if they don't find someone to buy off our debt."

"Closing down? Really?" Hyemi pouted. "But this is such a great business."

"It is. We're sad that it's closing but time carries on. We can't stop the inevitable." The lady frowned.

Hyemi hugged the lady. "Let's hope that a hero will save this store."

The lady nodded.

"Sorry, but we have to go now." Hyemi released the lady. "Stay strong. Fighting!"

"Fighting!" The lady cheered. "Thank you for coming today, you really made me happy. Good bye."

"Mimi-ah, wait for me outside." Minwoo gently commanded her.

"Ok," Hyemi did as she was told. She waited with her back facing the store to give Minwoo privacy to do whatever he wanted to do.

"Are you sure?" The cashier lady gasped. "You're only in high school."

"I still have to ask my parents but I'm sure they'll say yes. I've been talking to them about doing this for a while. If they say okay, what's your name, again? I'll make sure you get your job back." Minwoo took out a napkin and pen and wrote down the lady's name and phone number.

"Thank you, Mr. No. You don't know how much this means to the company." The lady started to cry.

"Don't worry about it. This place means a lot to me. It's where I shared some of my most memorable moments with the girl I love." He looked Hyemi who was obediently waiting outside.

"You're a great boy. I hope my son grows up to be a great guy like you."

"Oh? You have a son? How old is he?"

"He's 6 months old."

"That's cute. I'll call you when all the paper work is finalized." Minwoo waved good bye to the lady. "See you later." He walked out of the shop and snuck up behind Hyemi. "Boo!"

"Ah!" Hyemi screamed. "What was that for?!"

"You should've seen your face!" Minwoo laughed.

"You're mean." She frowned and walked away.

"Mimi-ah! Don't be mad. I'm sorry." He hugged her. They both blushed.

"So what did you talk to the lady about?" Hyemi broke the silence.

Minwoo grinned. "You'll find out later. Can we go to your house?"

"My house? Why?"

"You haven't invited me into your house yet and we're supposed to be best friends." He pretended to cry.

Suprised, Hyemi patted his back. "I'm sorry. Okay, let's go." They walked up Hyemi's driveway and saw Donghyun's car parked in it. "Huh? Oppa's home?" They opened the front door and Donghyun popped out and hugged Hyemi.

"I'm home, Dongsaeng!" Donghyun let go of Hyemi and stared at Minwoo. "Minwoo?"

"Hi, Hyung," Minwoo nervously greeted. "Long time no see."

 

--------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

- Kii-chan <3