A Letter To Hyemi

"You Know Nothing About Love"

----- June; day before Graduation - lunch -----

"I call this meeting to order at 12:02pm." Hyunseong, student body president, began the meeting for the last time. "First line of business is the announcement of the new study body president for next year. Congratulations, Lee Jeongmin."

Jeongmin stood up and bowed as the other class presidents clapped.

"I look forward to seeing what legacy you will leave for the president following you." Hyunseong glanced at Hyemi who rolled her eyes. "Next up is graduation. I will be at the football field two hours before the commencement ceremony to prepare everything for the evening. I expect to see all of you there."

"What if I don't want to help out tomorrow?" Hyemi bitterly asked. The other class presidents looked at each other with worried expressions.

"Why don't you want to help out? As Sophomore class president, it's your duty to help out your upperclassmen with an important event such as graduation." Hyunseong remained professionally calm.

"I don't see it written anywhere."

"Kim Hyemi, you are the representative for your class. What would others think if you don't show up to help out?"

"I'll just say that I suddenly got sick."

"That's lying."

"That's lying." Hyemi backsassed Hyunseong.

"If you don't want to help out, you can do whatever you want. But I'm going to have to tell the Principle about your misconduct and refusal to support your upperclassmen."

"Go ahead. I'd rather be kicked out of this school than help out a jacka** like you." She stood up and walked away, dismissing herself from this meeting.

The class presidents silently watched Hyemi's tantrum.

"I think you should go after her, Hyunseong..." Jeongmin suggested.

"No, I'll only make things work. She's still upset with me. I can't blame her." Hyunseong sighed. "Next item of business."

~~~~~

"I'm not helping with graduation. Hell no." Hyemi talked to herself as she walked to the area she usually eats lunch. "Hey, guys." She sat on the bench with Seohee, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Yoonjung, and Minwoo.

"Mimi-ah? I thought there was a student council meeting today." Minwoo scooted over to give her more room on the bench.

"It ended early." Hyemi cooly lied and stole some food from Seohee.

"Get your own!" Seohee playfully slapped Hyemi's hand away.

"Didn't the meeting just start two minutes ago?" Minwoo looked at his watch.

Hyemi shoved Seohee's french fries into his mouth. "You talk too much."

"You okay, Mimi-ah?" Youngmin patted her shoulders.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?"

Youngmin shrugged. "So what time are we meeting to set up for graduation tomorrow?"

"You guys are meeting right after school at the football field." Hyemi continued to steal Seohee's food.

"'You guys?' Aren't you going to help out, too?" Kwangmin asked.

Hyemi shook her head. "I don't want to."

"Why not? It's going to be fun." Yoonjung tried to convince Hyemi.

"It's so bittersweet." Seohee added.

Hyemi wrinkled her nose. "I don't feel like it."

"What does Hyunseong think about not helping out with graduation?" Minwoo asked her.

"Who's Hyunseong?" Hyemi lied. Everyone looked at each other. They now knew why she didn't want to go to graduation. She didn't want to see Hyunseong. "Why are you guys staring at me? Come on, there will be other graduations to attend."

"Okay, you're right." Minwoo pretended to agree with Hyemi. He shook his head at his friends to signal them not to talk about graduation or Hyunseong anymore. "So what are you planning to do during the summer?"

Tawny was listening to their conversation from behind a tree. "Hyemi's not going to graduation because of Hyunseong? It's all my fault... I shouldn't have helped Hyunseong... I'm a bad girl." She walked over to the student government room. She opened the door and found Hyunseong writing alone. "What're you writing?" Tawny peeked over his shoulders.

"A letter to Hyemi..." He continued to write.

"Why?"

"I've hurt her so much more than I wanted and I can't think of any other way to make it up to her." Hyunseong sighed and looked at Tawny. "Can I read it to you? Tell me what you think of it." He read off the letter.

When he was done, Tawny couldn't help but hug him. "Hyunseong. It's so heart wrenching. It's like the Last Lecture. So thoughtful and meaning. Your feelings truly came through. I think you should tell her yourself."

Hyunseong came up with an idea. "Do you think I can still change up my valedictorian speech for tomorrow?"

"I think the principle will get mad if you do that. Are you going to read off that letter?"

"I feel like I should."

"You know, Hyemi's not going to graduation tomorrow."

"I know." Hyunseong looked at his letter. "But hopefully, my message will reach her somehow."

"Can't you just tell her in person the day after graduation? Don't you seniors still come to school for final goodbyes?"

"I'm leaving for college the day after tomorrow. I'm going to study abroad. Graduation is the last day I'll see everyone."

"Hyunseong..." Tawny was at a loss of words.

Hyunseong gave her a small smile. "I'm going to proof read this letter before the lunch bell rings. I'll see you later." He grabbed his things and left Tawny in the student government room. She pulled out a pen and paper and wrote a message on it.

----- After school -----

"See you tomorrow," Hyemi waved Seohee goodbye and turned to Minwoo. "Minmin-ah, are you coming over today?"

"Is Donghyun still home?" Minwoo asked.

"I think so, why?"

"I need him to finalize the paperwork." Minwoo caught him. "Did I say paperwork? I meant drawing. No, I didn't, I meant lyrics. I wrote lyrics to a song I composed and I asked him to finalize it - correct the grammar and flow and whatnot." He nervously laughed at his lie.

"Ooh, you wrote a song? Can I hear it?"

"Um, maybe later." He fake coughed. "My throat it dry. I'll be right back, I need to get something from my locker."

"Oh, me, too. Let's go together." Hyemi tagged alongside Minwoo. They first went to Minwoo's locker then Hyemi's. When Hyemi opened her locker, a piece of paper slipped out. She picked it up from the ground and read it out loud. "Please go to graduation. All of your questions will be answered." Hyemi looked around. "Who do you think wrote this?"

Minwoo grabbed the note and analyzed it. "The handwriting is neat. A girl must've written this."

"Neat. Unlike your handwriting?" Hyemi stuck her tongue out as she took her books from her locker.

Minwoo poked her cheek. "You should listen to the note and help out with graduation tomorrow."

"I told you, I don't want to."

"Aren't you curious about what questions the note was referring to?"

"I guess. But I still don't want to go." Hyemi pouted.

"Stop being so stubborn." Minwoo squeezed her cheeks.

 

--------------------------------------------------

Christmas is almost here! Time goes by quickly...

And this story is almost over T-T

Sooo since I'm still pretty obssessed about Boyfriend, I think I'll write another fanfic - Kwangmin biased this time :O

"The Real In Reality Show"

Is that the name of the next fanfic story? Maybe, maybe not~

Hope you enjoyed this update! 3 more to go! 3 more what? Idk, you tell me xP

~ Kii-chan <3