Homecoming: Part Two

"You Know Nothing About Love"

"We're up next, we're up next!" Misun, the Freshmen class president spazzed out next to Hyemi. They were watching the Junior class perform their floorshow, as they waited for their turn. Hyemi easily picked out Hyunseong in the crowd of Junior dancers.

Hyemi patted Misun's back. "Relax, we worked really hard, we can do it." Misun smiled at Hyemi, satisfied.

Hyemi quickly turned Minwoo sitting on the other side of her. "Oh gosh, I don't think we can win. We're going to embarrass ourselves. Look at how good the Juniors are!" She freaked out.

Minwoo laughed. "What happened to that whole, 'We worked really hard, we can do it' crap?"

"I don't know. I was in charge of everything so if we lose, it'll all be my fault."

"But if we win, you're the one to thank," Minwoo reminded as he put his hand over Hyemi's and squeezed it. Hyemi looked down, hiding her flushed cheeks.

Youngmin squeezed himself in between Minwoo and Hyemi, forcing them to let go of their hands. "Yeah, Mimi-ah, you're right. If we lose, it'll be your fault."

Hyemi rolled her eyes and turned her attention to the Junior's, especially watching Hyunseong dance with another girl. All the other Juniors except for Hyunseong and the girl squatted down. Hyemi admired how coordinated they were in their spotlight dance.

"Mimi-ah, that'll be us in a few minutes," Youngmin pointed at Hyunseong and the girl.

Hyemi snapped her head to Youngmin. "No, that'll be Hyemi and I in a few minutes," Minwoo retorted. Minwoo winked at Hyemi.

Youngmin wiggled his finger at Minwoo. "I've been Hyemi's dance partner for the past few days so it's Youngmin and Hyemi time."

Hyemi stood up and turned her back, looking for somewhere else to sit.

"Where are you going, Hyemi-ah?" Minwoo asked.

Hyemi continued to search the crowd of Freshmen until she found Seohee and her other friend, Yoonjung. She waved at them and they motioned for Hyemi to sit with them. "I'm gonna be over there."

"Idiot!" Minwoo scolded Youngmin. "Look at what you did."

"Mimi-ah!" Youngmin shouted. "So who's going to be your dance partner for the spotlight dance?"

Without hesitation, Hyemi turned around and smiled, "Minwoo. Only Minwoo." She turned back around and sat with Seohee and Yoonjung.

Youngmin glared at Minwoo who started to blush. "Why are your cheeks so red?" Youngmin pinched Minwoo's cheeks. He placed his arm around Minwoo's shoulders, "Do you like Mimi-ah?"

"She doesn't like it when you call her that," Minwoo shrugged Youngmin's arm off. "And why do you care?"

"Because, if you haven't already noticed, I want her back."

"She's never going to take you back."

"You never know." Youngmin was getting cocky. "Girls change their mind all the time. I just need to be nice to her and I'll have her in the palm of my hand."

"Mimi-ah is not like that."

"Hm, you just called her 'Mimi-ah'," Youngmin teased. "Looks like we have a new couple. I can help set you two up."

Minwoo looked at Youngmin, very confused. "Didn't you just say you wanted to get her back?"

Youngmin nodded innocently. "Yeah. I set you two up; you break her heart; she comes crying to me. Youngmin and Hyemi time."

"I would never break Hyemi's heart," Minwoo growled.

Youngmin shrugged. He turned around, "Mimi-ah!" Hyemi looked up from a conversation with Seohee and Yoonjung. Youngmin waved and made a heart with his hands. She stuck her tongue at him and continued on with her conversation. Youngmin nudged Minwoo and smirked.

"What was that about?" Yoonjung giggled.

Hyemi shook her head. "He's being a creeper."

"If he asked you out again, would you date Youngmin?" Yoonjung insisted.

"No! Never!"

"Mimi-ah likes Minwoo," Seohee commented.

Hyemi looked at Seohee with wide eyes. "W-what?" Seohee, he likes you, Hyemi sadly thought.

Seohee tapped her nose. "I've known you for seven years. I know you like Minwoo."

Yoonjung sqealed, "Eeep! You guys are adorable together. I think he likes you, too."

"You're wrong," Hyemi denied. "He likes you, Seohee..."

"No, he doesn't," Seohee said surely. "I heard he likes a girl who dances well," She winked at Hyemi. "As you know, I can't dance for ."

"But we met in ballet class, remember?"

"Remember I quit six months later? Then you moved up to the teenage advanced ballet, jazz, AND hip hop classes and earned all of the solo dance parts. When you were half their age, too."

"Woah, Hyemi, you're so cool," Yoonjung teased. "No wonder Minwoo likes you."

Hyemi smiled at the praise she received. "He's just a friend," her mood suddenly darkened. Wait, he IS just a friend, right?, Hyemi questioned herself.

"Whatever you say," Seohee said sarcastically.

"And next up, the Freshmen class!" The announcer's voice boomed through the speakers. The Freshmen all ran onto the field and set up everything for their performance.

"Let's rock it, Freshmen!" Hyemi pumped up her fellow classmates. They all cheered in response.

"Mimi-ah!" Minwoo ran over to Hyemi. "Ready?" Hyemi nodded calmly. See?, she thought. He's just my friend. Wait... Did he just call me Mimi-ah? Why does that nickname sound so much better when he says it?

Suddenly, Minwoo grabbed Hyemi's hand. She jumped at the touch and looked at him. "I'm nervous." He smiled and laced his fingers in between Hyemi's. Her heart was beating so loudly that she didn't realize that the music started playing.

It's not good to lie, Hyemi reminded herself. You like Minwoo; he's more than just a friend.

Mimi-ah... Minwoo thought. What would you say if I told you I liked you? Can we be more than friends? Minwoo frowned at the earlier conversation with Youngmin. If I hurt you, would you turn to Youngmin for a shoulder to cry on?

After a few minutes into the floorshow, it was finally time for Minwoo and Hyemi's spotlight dance. Minwoo squeezed Hyemi's hand and they centered themselves onto the field.

Youngmin peaked from behind the freshmen backdrop. Why did I ever let you go?, he asked himself as he watched Hyemi dance.

In the Junior crowd, Hyunseong perked up when he realize Hyemi was the female spotlight dancer. "Hm... She's a pretty good dancer." He nodded approvingly.

 

--------------------------------------------------

I had so much fun writing Youngmin and Minwoo's scene xD

I'm sorry to all of the Youngmin fans for making him the bad guy in the story ><" He just seems like the perfect bad guy.

Also, I apologize for this melodramatic story. I'll try and input more funny scenes to lighten up the mood :3

Thank you for supporting and reading this story! Please feel free to subscribe and comment :D

I'll continue to improve and give you guys better chapters to read.

~ Kii-chan <3